Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2024, 07:18:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380979 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cozie

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:05:07 PM

hi everyone,
i have an old wallet (UltraCoin version v1.0.4.1-g32a928e-beta (2014-06-30 21:21:37 +0800)) on my linux
can anybody help me to upgrade to the new blockchain?

thanks in advance
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:57:08 PM

hi everyone,
i have an old wallet (UltraCoin version v1.0.4.1-g32a928e-beta (2014-06-30 21:21:37 +0800)) on my linux
can anybody help me to upgrade to the new blockchain?

thanks in advance

You will need advice from somebody familiar with Linux I suspect

Of course you can install the new wallet on windows - insert your wallet .dat file and sync that wallet - and you will be up to date with a working wallet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727023.msg16830964#msg16830964

Cheers - usukan

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:22:35 AM

just a reminder

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727023.msg17378511#msg17378511

only 4-5 days til the UTC address holding snapshot is taken

Team @Cripto advise that the distribution may be randomly increased (from 1:1) to those participating - in "a rather generous manner" if many UTC holders decide not to partake.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
cozie

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 10:01:13 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 11:34:36 AM by cozie

thank you for the reply.

my 2cent about fork, you should consider port all address and not only top100, it's not right

there is any recent bootstrap? (not on mega please)
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:26:34 PM

thank you for the reply.

my 2cent about fork, you should consider port all address and not only top100, it's not right

there is any recent bootstrap? (not on mega please)

The fork was a few months back - and all the network moved over to the new wallet - nothing at all to do with top 100 addresses?  Everything and ALL ADRESSES are on the new network. 

The top 100 addresses are for the WAVES UltraCoin offer by Team @Cripto - and this has really nothing to do with UltraCoin proper.  Its just a distribution offered as a promotion by some WAVES members.  It does not affect the real UltraCoin at all in any way.

There is a bootstrap here of the blockchain to allow a faster sync - just follow their instructions on how to run

http://cryptochainer.com/dir/?page_id=365

https://mega.nz/#!vpQ3iASC!TjrtD1ud3mNNbyaoErW_IDh9O3csgS1TvfJ8EhELb4A

My personal preference has been to download the whole blockchain for any new wallets that I have set up - it takes me about 4 days on average for a full sync of the new UltraCoin wallet.  Not particularly convenient if you are in a hurry - but acceptable if you plan ahead and just set and forget.

Whats the issue with Mega anyway? - lots of folk in the Crypto space use it as the go to place - because of security, privacy and ease of use.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Air Jordan

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 07:42:08 AM

My address seems to be missing from the top 100 list. It's Bittrex address, do I need to create new address with official Ultracoin wallet?
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:18:20 AM

My address seems to be missing from the top 100 list. It's Bittrex address, do I need to create new address with official Ultracoin wallet?

of course - its only a "virtual" address at Bittrex (it receives your UTC but they are transferred to hot/cold Bittrex wallets after that)

The address must be on an official Ultracoin wallet address - that holds your coins to be listed on PressTabs block explorer

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:20:38 AM

Team @Cripto advises that the snapshot has been taken - no further addresses will be added for the distribution.

They have decided to distribute at least 5 x UTC holdings to each participant from what I read - instead of 1:1 - so you should get 5 times more UltraCoin WAVES tokens than you might have expected..............

Cheers - usukan

These members must now - according to the advice given earlier by Team @Cripto

2.   Send 0.001 Waves to our WAVES Token wallet - 3P9Y1oPLfEnjTgPrNAPq5KLnqgBzukjCxEZ (after the 15th Jan), FROM THE WAVES WALLET that you entered the first 10 characters in the UTC block explorer claim field.

This allows us to match your UTC claim address and calculate your UTC Token distribution amount and proves your ownership of both the UTC address and the WAVES address.  This is all achieved with total anonymity, privacy and security. It also prevents the need for any discussions on the BTC thread which might upset the mods.

We will refund your 0.001 Waves and also refund your 0.001 fee for the transaction.  So we will send you 0.002 WAVES and the UTC token amount that matches your holding of real UltraCoins 1:1 based on PressTabs records.

These addresses should do this now (OR SEE BELOW ***)

3P2GjqXtv2

3PHKFu2Agm

3PEgTf77Lt

3PGNXV7rZs

3PMSpVcuSM

alternatively (since there are only 5 unique addresses)
*** Any of the above can just PM member usukan your full matching WAVES address and he might just pass this to Team @Cripto and you won't need to send any WAVES transactions.
Team @Cripto will just transfer the tokens directly to your WAVES address after usukan lets us know the full WAVES address to send to.
NOTE your WAVES address MUST MATCH the first 10 characters listed on the Presstab block explorer.
Its your personal choice what method you use it makes no difference to us.

hieu1010 and cryptsySucks have been sorted by PM   We have full WAVES address of hieuw1010 but not for cryptsySucks just yet so cryptsSucks pls PM usukan your full WAVES address asap.

Distributions will exceed 5 x 1:1 of your UTC holdings, sorry we changed our mind and like to under-promise and over-deliver.  Over 28M UltraCoin Waves tokens will be distributed to these UltraCoin participants in total.  Congratulations.

So if you did not participate, sorry but its too late now, its all finished

Distributions will now commence when the relevant data is received by us

Team @Cripto

--

--
Air Jordan

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 10:35:16 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2017, 01:34:17 PM by Air Jordan

Missed the deadline.  Grin

Wallet sync was very slow, should have started earlier.

At least I have functional wallet now.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 09:19:26 PM

Team @Cripto advises that

All distributions are completed, except 2

3P2GjqXtv2

3PGNXV7rZs

please complete data at your earliest possible convenience
we would like to finish this job off

Be aware that Stage 3 now starts for the rest of available UltraCoin WAVES tokens distribution

Any contributors to the Official UltraCoin Development fund, will receive (at least) 1,000,000 UltraCoin WAVES tokens per BTC (or equivalent UTC) contributed.
This offer is valid until the UltraCoin WAVES token supply is depleted.
Distributions may be randomly adjusted by us to the favour of contributors and will often be overly generous.

Please arrange any contributions with the Official UltraCoin Team (i.e. Rapture333 or usukan)
These contributions are nothing to do with Team @Cripto.

we will follow through with distributions when any contributions are confirmed.

Team @Cripto

--

--
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:06:32 AM

Missed it as well but I don't mind it. I don't care much for non-mineable tokens created out of thin air for free.

Not your keys, not your coins!
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:36:05 AM

Mr Potato - please PM me

Thanks usukan

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:26:08 AM

Missed it as well but I don't mind it. I don't care much for non-mineable tokens created out of thin air for free.

Hi bathrobehero

as Team @ Cripto says - its all about what the UTC Community might choose to do with this opportunity.

I am in two minds about your comments.

Imagine this for a moment - UltraCoin sets up a multi-gateway that allows flow/trading both ways - UTC to UTC WAVES token and back.

The multigateway template is out there and tested for a few other coins to/from the WAVES platform.

So the token ends up merely as an extension of UltraCoin - and that extension has a value based on UltraCoin - but additionally - that extension has more utility than the mothercoin - Ultracoin.

Difference is that the token is tradeable on the WAVES decentralised exchange for other coins incl bitcoin - and its tradeable directly to FIAT currencies via the official WAVES gateways.  So you can trade your mined UTC directly to cash or BTC or other coins.

That in itself feeds back to add value to UltraCoin.

Further - UltraCoin also has the ability via WAVES to issue new tokens linked to Ultracoin to aid developments.  UltraCoin could do ICO to set up/buy other assets/utilities/development that send profits back to the UltraCoin WAVES token holders - I'm thinking along the lines of Iconomi or other similar.  The original UltraCoin does not easily allow this.  This would feed back to value for UltraCoin via multigateway flows.

Keep thinking - there are indeed some interesting opportunities in this.  Being created out of thin air for free and not being mine-able ignores some of the value of utility in this extension to Ultracoin proper IMO.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head - but the UltraCoin Community may have more and better.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:00:22 PM

Hi bathrobehero

as Team @ Cripto says - its all about what the UTC Community might choose to do with this opportunity.

I am in two minds about your comments.

Imagine this for a moment - UltraCoin sets up a multi-gateway that allows flow/trading both ways - UTC to UTC WAVES token and back.

The multigateway template is out there and tested for a few other coins to/from the WAVES platform.

So the token ends up merely as an extension of UltraCoin - and that extension has a value based on UltraCoin - but additionally - that extension has more utility than the mothercoin - Ultracoin.

Difference is that the token is tradeable on the WAVES decentralised exchange for other coins incl bitcoin - and its tradeable directly to FIAT currencies via the official WAVES gateways.  So you can trade your mined UTC directly to cash or BTC or other coins.

That in itself feeds back to add value to UltraCoin.

Further - UltraCoin also has the ability via WAVES to issue new tokens linked to Ultracoin to aid developments.  UltraCoin could do ICO to set up/buy other assets/utilities/development that send profits back to the UltraCoin WAVES token holders - I'm thinking along the lines of Iconomi or other similar.  The original UltraCoin does not easily allow this.  This would feed back to value for UltraCoin via multigateway flows.

Keep thinking - there are indeed some interesting opportunities in this.  Being created out of thin air for free and not being mine-able ignores some of the value of utility in this extension to Ultracoin proper IMO.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head - but the UltraCoin Community may have more and better.

Cheers - usukan

Hey usukan, thank you for the explonation. I tend to discard tokens without looking into them but if it's helpful to UTC, I'm not goint to go against it (not that I would nor could).

Not your keys, not your coins!
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:20:35 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 04:47:28 AM by Beave162

Is anyone able to mine UltraCoin with RX470/480? I don't believe it is possible with YACMiner. Perhaps, UTC should lobby to get it supported on SGMiner-GM!

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
Barbara576

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:56:58 PM

Missed the deadline.  Grin

Wallet sync was very slow, should have started earlier.

At least I have functional wallet now.

yes agreed i am favour of this too and we all should be work over it for better result from it.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:35:05 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 08:13:25 PM by usukan

UPDATE

This is a bit of a heads up to let everyone know whats going on behind the scenes.

First off - I have had word from Steven (Rapture333) that hes had a few complications with the new Ultracoin Website - mainly due to lack of continuity with the original publishers.  Hes pretty much starting from scratch again as I read it.  Fear not - he is on the case after being pretty busy for long time in his business over the Xmas/New Year. Steven will get back when hes got it sorted and we can all discuss the dev path going forward - of which Steven has already developed some ideas - but all ideas are "on the table" and everyones feedback has been noted.

I've been a bit stretched lately business wise but - In the background I have been contemplating 2 things for UltraCoin based on some perceived needs and opportunities.

First off - another exchange might be handy with the Bittrex lately - yet again threatening delisting of UTC and their upgrade limiting new coin listings.  I've been doing a bit of trading on a decentralised exchange for some specific coins not traded other places.  OpenLedger is the exchange and I have been highly impressed.  I have approached the exchange to see if we can list both UltraCoin and the UltraCoin Waves token.  Ronny Boesing runs the exchange out of Denmark and he is also the CEO of Coinsbank (UK) which is a very slick operation for trading and fiat gateways/deposits and Crypto debit card issuance.  Ronny and I will explore these OpenLedger possibilities for UltraCoin and its token and I will get back to the Community.  Like all decentralised exchanges - its not high vol - but its good for some specific coins.

If anyone else has a favourite exchange - talk with that exchange, find out what the deal is and report back to this Community.

Second - we have a few opportunities from this Ultracoin Waves token that has been kindly distributed by Team @Cripto to many in the UltraCoin Community.  While this token will be tradeable on the WAVES platform and be directly exchangeable to BTC and FIAT via WAVES gateways without any additional effort or dev input - the other major opportunity we have here is linking UTC directly to the UltraCoin WAVES token via a multigateway.  bcdev has already set up a multigateway test for WAVES/DOGE and the WAVES devs will deliver a Scala template for other coins in the future.  This would allow transfer of UTC to UltraCoin Waves tokens - back and forth at will - and I think it may add value to both UTC and the token. What this enables is the token to act as an extension of UTC on the WAVES platform.  It allows you to transfer your UTC to the token which can be managed on the WAVES platform via Windows/MAC/Android and iOS.  We can easily build UTC utility on this and at the end of the day - we get gateways back to many FIAT currencies and BTC (plus any other currency on the WAVES decentralised exhange, DEX) when WAVES gets this sorted over the next few months.

Related - UltraCoin has an Official Dev fund wallet holding 9,000,000 UltraCoin WAVES tokens.  This has been supplied by Team @Cripto and a generous donation (4,000,000) from one of our Community members.  I hope we can use this to great benefit in the future.

All just ideas at present but not without great opportunity for the UltraCoin Community.

I will update you all as I meet success or failure.

Last - don't forget the offer from Team @Cripto

Be aware that Stage 3 now starts for the rest of available UltraCoin WAVES tokens distribution

Any contributors to the Official UltraCoin Development fund, will receive (at least) 1,000,000 UltraCoin WAVES tokens per BTC (or equivalent UTC) contributed.
This offer is valid until the UltraCoin WAVES token supply is depleted.
Distributions may be randomly adjusted by us to the favour of contributors and will often be overly generous.

Please arrange any contributions with the Official UltraCoin Team (i.e. Rapture333 or usukan)
These contributions are nothing to do with Team @Cripto.

we will follow through with distributions when any contributions are confirmed.

Team @Cripto

one last thing - if anyone has any FOMO and wants a few UltraCoin Waves tokens - suggest you post your interest here and agree on an OTC trade via PM with any Community members willing to sell. Conversely - if you want to sell - do the same.  

Might I suggest perhaps the best Escrow in the business for OTC trades
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=222847
Tried tested and trusted 100%
Just PM him when you have agreement on a trade and he will ensure all is good

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Valpe

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:14:04 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 06:59:38 AM by Valpe

Thanks Usukan!

Another exchange will be handy. When you see light out of tunnel Bittrex will flush UTC back.. .

OpenLedger might be good place for UTC.

Opportunities what WAVES tokens might bring to UTC are interesting indeed.

Valpe

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★           
Air Jordan

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 07:33:43 AM

Are these Bittrex delisting warnings real? From what I have seen required volumes were never reached after previous warnings, yet Bittrex hasn't delisted UTC.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 09:30:02 AM

Are these Bittrex delisting warnings real? From what I have seen required volumes were never reached after previous warnings, yet Bittrex hasn't delisted UTC.

You are absolutely correct - many warnings before - and never delisted.  The bar keeps rising though.

Bittrex is reorganising and upgrading their platform at present. I think they want to flush a few coins - but UltraCoin is not at the bottom of their trading vol list.

UltraCoin is 50 places/coins above bottom or lowest traded volume.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: