Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:05:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does God judge the nations?  (Read 4028 times)
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:19:06 PM

Nope, god doesn't exist. Scary to think there are adults still believing in fairy tales  Shocked

If he did exist, why would he pass judgement on nations? Wouldn't god have 'created' the nations anyway?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:22:36 PM

In fact, as an example, it is impossible for God to lie.  Nor can he be tempted by evil.  

Hebrews Chapter 6
18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

From James 1

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when he hath been approved, he shall receive the crown of life, which [the Lord] promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempteth no man:
14 but each man is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then the lust, when it hath conceived, beareth sin: and the sin, when it is fullgrown, bringeth forth death.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:25:26 PM

If this is indeed an act of the Creator, and since the Creator is the source of all Goodness - it cannot be evil.
What fascinates me is how you dodge questions, and ignore context. Perhaps you are feeling awkward also by your unintentional confession that humans are more than merely animals?

What fascinates me is that you continue to mention a context where killing women and children for their belief is OK without EVER saying what the context actually is.
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:36:02 PM

I tell you what.  You tell me the context that makes it OKto kill women and children for their beliefs,  and I promise to look at it and study it and see if it changes my position.  Ive been asking you for this "context" that makes putting women and children to death for some time.  Give it to me and give me a chance to appreciate it and change my mind ok???
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:56:50 PM

I agree that Paul says that, for those that love God, all things work together for good (and that would include evil).

But, its another thing to say that God Himself would do something morally evil.  Apart from it not making sense (it would mean there is a Being higher than God Himself - CS Lewis' Mere Christianity actually touches upon this)....

Apart from that, there is the plain reading of scripture that God does not do moral evil.
Bible says god is good....so if god tells Moses that women and kids who believe in other gods should be killed...it must be good.

Im dying for the context that makes this OK .  I cant see it in any scripture you have mentioned.  You will have to break down and actually state your position on this clearly.  There is a first time for everything.
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:09:46 PM

In fact, as an example, it is impossible for God to lie.  Nor can he be tempted by evil.  

Hebrews Chapter 6
18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

From James 1

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when he hath been approved, he shall receive the crown of life, which [the Lord] promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempteth no man:
15 Then the lust, when it hath conceived, beareth sin: and the sin, when it is fullgrown, bringeth forth death.

Neither of which imply he cannot DO evil.  The bigger question..... perhaps for zolace....if God is all powerful....why would he need to do evil in order to work towards good?  He is allegedly all powerful.

In any event...it is clear the bible was written by men, fabricated to conform the masses and control them, to answer the unanswered questions of our fears.  Google "the evolution of religion" if you interested in the how religion comes naturally to every tribe around the globe as men became sentient in their own evolution.  This isnt for an guy like you who also denies the reality of evolution, but zolace might be interested.
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:15:14 PM

Our conscience convinces us there is something wrong with suffering, starvation, rape, pain, and evil, and it makes us aware that love, generosity, compassion, and peace are positive things for which we should strive. This is universally true in all cultures in all times.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:20:07 PM

Did any of you pin-heads wonder why your "creator"    created   "evil" in the first place?Did any of you pin-heads ever question why your "creator" was so narcissistic?
If your "creator" was such a great deal, why would his "creation"  not worship it without question?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:22:14 PM

The better question is why "god" created it in the first place.It is ridiculous to discuss "god" judging anything that this same "god" created.
How many times does this "god" have to kill-off humans and re-create them?

Did "god" somehow become "surprised" by his "creation" four times!!!! ?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:22:28 PM

Hebrews Chapter 6

From James 1

Neither of which imply he cannot DO evil.  The bigger question..... perhaps for zolace....if God is all powerful....why would he need to do evil in order to work towards good?  He is allegedly all powerful.

In any event...it is clear the bible was written by men, fabricated to conform the masses and control them, to answer the unanswered questions of our fears.  Google "the evolution of religion" if you interested in the how religion comes naturally to every tribe around the globe as men became sentient in their own evolution.  This isnt for an guy like you who also denies the reality of evolution, but zolace might be interested.
Good question, i guess we can ask why didn't He just destroy satan right off the bat. Probably the most known use of satan was when God allowed him to torment Job who was beloved of God. Personally i seek a being to put all things right because i don't trust mankind to do it. You question God and that's fine with me, as a matter of fact i trust that more than someone who thinks they can defend all His actions, because i think that's impossible, and i say that not because i don't trust Him. I'll check out your evolution of religion (if you have a link that's cool) but i think religion comes from man interpreting the Bible, not whatever ultimate message the Bible might have. I don't think mankind would be capable of writing such a book over such a long period of time

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:23:53 PM

Are you kidding? Give me two interns and a month and I can create a whole new religion with more pages than the bible.Except God in the Bible never gives instructions to murder anyone.  Again, what makes something murder?

sana8410

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:27:31 PM

Are you kidding? Give me two interns and a month and I can create a whole new religion with more pages than the bible.Except God in the Bible never gives instructions to murder anyone.  Again, what makes something murder?

33 And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people.
34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain
-Deut 2

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes.
17 Completely destroy them - the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusite - as the LORD your God has commanded you.
-Deut 20

20 For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that He might utterly destroy them, and that they might receive no mercy, but that He might destroy them, as the LORD had commanded Moses.
-Joshua 11

24 And it came to pass when Israel had made an end of slaying all the inhabitants of Ai in the field, in the wilderness where they pursued them, and when they all had fallen by the edge of the sword until they were consumed, that all the Israelites returned to Ai and struck it with the edge of the sword.
25 So it was that all who fell that day, both men and women, were twelve thousand - all the people of Ai.
26 For Joshua did not draw back his hand, with which he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai.
-Joshua 8

Nah! That's not "murder"!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:32:39 PM

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

..............is trying to say is that putting your friend or wife to death for having a different belief was not murder in that time.  It was just God's orders.
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:36:56 PM

Goes back to - what makes something murder?  When the state orders the Death Penalty, is that murder?

sana8410

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:48:23 PM

Again, what makes something murder?
It is a question I have asked you before, but you never answered it.

Answer the question yourself.  If your "creator" commanded you to kill another human being, would you do it?
It is an important question, especially for someone like you in your mentally/emotionally ill condition.
There are many cases of mentally/emotionally disturbed people killing other people because they believed "god" told them to do it.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:49:58 PM

You can answer this question (any of you) also, in seeking to define what murder is:If someone puts to death a family of chimpanzees - is it murder, or not?  Why?

sana8410

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:53:14 PM

You can answer this question (any of you) also, in seeking to define what murder is:If someone puts to death a family of chimpanzees - is it murder, or not?  Why?

You don't get to ask questions when you refuse to answer any put to you.  You are such a  waste of human flesh... you can't think for yourself. You can't even post your personal opinion of murder.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:56:34 PM

You don't get to ask questions when you refuse to answer any put to you.  You are such a  waste of human flesh... you can't think for yourself. You can't even post your personal opinion of murder.
It is silly to accuse the Creator of murder - but even sillier when one does not even nail done a definition of murder, so we can then apply it.

Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:59:14 PM

It is silly to accuse the Creator of murder - but even sillier when one does not even nail done a definition of murder, so we can then apply it.
the creator didnt murder noviapriani...he commanded to murder.  Killing someone who believes something else has always been murder.
sana8410

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:03:59 PM

Of course in your mind, your "creator" deliberately and with  premeditation causing a flood to kill all but a handful of human beings is not murder.

I believe you are suffering from his brain over-heating. It's must be quite stressful to constantly deny what is right in front of your face. The human brain is not design to deal with so much inconistansies. A person can only do so much, "Ignore the truth and cling to the lies", before a mental melt-down occurs

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: