Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:29:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375351 times)
chronosphere

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:34:49 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 09:49:02 PM by chronosphere

Anoteher user account @deztroyr1 on POM pool (http://pom.m-hash.com) has been warned many times to lower hash rate on pool.
After some hours, and no reply from user, and according pool rules, I'm going to delete user workers.

What a reason?   He change pool and you lose big client..     Also with lower hr you will have lower finded blocks and other users will receive lower revenue.

I am not so sure you actually understand the point of this coin.  What you are speaking of is abuse of guidelines, which are to keep the rewards for people with normal CPUs gaining reasonable amount of coin.  

Big client?  What the @!#^ are you talking about?  You call them a client but they are actually abusive user.

You sound like you are defending them.  Why?  This doesn't seem white hat/ethical to me.

E

FYI - I generate around 100 kh using a couple laptops and a single desktop with a 6 core.  It's reasonable and fair.  If I end up mining on a pool with abusive users however, I do not get a fair cut.  Mining on a single pool with 2 users and their miners is far more profitable than pool mining with many or a few abusive users.  Then you get a good speed and somewhere between 1-15 XMG a day even if you are only giving 1/4 of the hash.

It really would be nice if a non- CMake based makefile could be used or a windows installer be made for the coin algo/for the pools of some of the other cryptonote altcoins or easier for the NOMP magi pools to be installed on windows, I don't currently run a linux install and installing on windows a simple NOMP pool seems overly complex to me....  If these examples above were just SLIGHTLY more user friendly i think this coin's spirit would be spread far faster, as well as some of the other decent CPU and CPU/GPU coins.

Does anyone have a windows compiled exe for the NOMP pool?  I would appreciate a PM from you on where I could get a copy without having to install linux/cmake etc

Just some thoughts.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:44:00 PM

Anoteher user account @deztroyr1 on POM pool (http://pom.m-hash.com) has been warned many times to lower hash rate on pool.
After some hours, and no reply from user, and according pool rules, I'm going to delete user workers.

Good work Historical! 🖒

Thanks for keeping Magi fair Historical =) you probably also saved the user massive electricity bills too =)
deztroyr1

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:01:38 PM

yea thx for saving me the hassle of removing them myself.
perhaps u should focus on recovering lost coins instead.

hashrates are almost fair now on pom.
however, it didn't fix anything for anyone. why? cuz the source of the problem has to be taken care of. u quickfix a pool, it's a start (gotta start somewhere). unfortunately that was like 0.01% and mining results are still utter sh*t.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
pmsk

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:05:20 PM

You either lack reading comprehension skills or are simply trolling here.  The pool owner didnt lose a client.  He removed someone from the pool that was not following the rules.  What is so hard to grasp about that?

If you want to make a bunch of money, go elsewhere.  And also, are you the guy with hundreds of devices thats like a botnet, but legal, as it was stated?
D - democracy.
oxothuk

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:09:13 PM

You either lack reading comprehension skills or are simply trolling here.  The pool owner didnt lose a client.  He removed someone from the pool that was not following the rules.  What is so hard to grasp about that?

If you want to make a bunch of money, go elsewhere.  And also, are you the guy with hundreds of devices thats like a botnet, but legal, as it was stated?

Ofc I troll a little bit, but not just for fun.. I try do explain users, what fairness doesn`t work when money start playing..

Yes, I have legal botnet where every user agree use their pc... but problem not with me.. last days I didn`t mine magi.

Just listen what people tell here...   "hey I ban bighasher!!  great!! genious!! you saved us!!  "
but get getmininginfo  stats from console, and you will see that average net hashpower not drop, not changed..
big hasher just go to other pool.   And other pool have more advantages to find the block.   And for end solo users nothing changes.  
pmsk

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:11:51 PM

What a reason?   He change pool and you lose big client..     Also with lower hr you will have lower finded blocks and other users will receive lower revenue.

I am not so sure you actually understand the point of this coin.  What you are speaking of is abuse of guidelines, which are to keep the rewards for people with normal CPUs gaining reasonable amount of coin.  

Big client?  What the @!#^ are you talking about?  You call them a client but they are actually abusive user.

You sound like you are defending them.  Why?  This doesn't seem white hat/ethical to me.

E

FYI - I generate around 100 kh using a couple laptops and a single desktop with a 6 core.  It's reasonable and fair.  If I end up mining on a pool with abusive users however, I do not get a fair cut.  Mining on a single pool with 2 users and their miners is far more profitable than pool mining with many or a few abusive users.  Then you get a good speed and somewhere between 1-15 XMG a day even if you are only giving 1/4 of the hash.
Is it ethical to talk about ethics when you just want to earn more coins?
Pyroboby7

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:16:27 PM

however, it didn't fix anything for anyone. why? cuz the source of the problem has to be taken care of. u quickfix a pool, it's a start (gotta start somewhere). unfortunately that was like 0.01% and mining results are still utter sh*t.

Did you try contacting the pool?  I got a hold of Pom and they made everything right for me.  You should try that before getting upset and blowing up on here.

XMG -  95AySiw3GaiTxf5xWBnZLLWkJ9orhyagbx
deztroyr1

Activity: 284

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:19:25 PM

Did you try contacting the pool?  I got a hold of Pom and they made everything right for me.  You should try that before getting upset and blowing up on here.

why would i have to contact pom about it? i thought they were fair game. they know everything messed up recently and they have to make things right for every user, not just those who "get upset and blow up" on email

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Pyroboby7

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:25:07 PM

why would i have to contact pom about it? i thought they were fair game. they know everything messed up recently and they have to make things right for every user, not just those who "get upset and blow up" on email

I didnt blow up on them in an email.  Doing such a thing will probably get you an undesirable response/nonresponse.  All I wanted to know is if you tried contacting them.  You obviously haven't.  I would recommend it if you really want your coins.

danminero

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:20:30 AM

Smiley

Hi, I'm a newbie in mining and I have the following questions:

1.- Approximately how many shares are required to complete a currency?

2.- In mining software I get many accepted shares but in the dashboard only a few, too few. Is this normal?

If you're on a pool, you only get rewards when the pool finds a block.  Your shares contribute to finding a block on the pool.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I need to read more about these topics
Pyroboby7

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:35:23 AM

Smiley

Hi, I'm a newbie in mining and I have the following questions:

1.- Approximately how many shares are required to complete a currency?

2.- In mining software I get many accepted shares but in the dashboard only a few, too few. Is this normal?

If you're on a pool, you only get rewards when the pool finds a block.  Your shares contribute to finding a block on the pool.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I need to read more about these topics

No problem.  Glad I could help!

jcreyesb

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:55:30 AM

we are waiting.. when will finish the test?
pezking33

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:17:52 AM

Is there a new block chain update or wallet update? My wallet has stayed in sync for the last couple days and earlier today it went out of sync and has not gone back into sync since. Today I had the pool I was mining on send my balance over to my wallet before I noticed it was not in sync and now they are not showing up. I have 6 active connections on the wallet. Is there anything I can do to get this remedied.
Pyroboby7

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:27:46 AM

Is there a new block chain update or wallet update? My wallet has stayed in sync for the last couple days and earlier today it went out of sync and has not gone back into sync since. Today I had the pool I was mining on send my balance over to my wallet before I noticed it was not in sync and now they are not showing up. I have 6 active connections on the wallet. Is there anything I can do to get this remedied.

You should only have 1 connection for now.  Go to the very first post in this thread.  There is a link there on how to fix your wallet.

jcreyesb

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:33:38 AM

My Wallet always stay sync since a week..
Pyroboby7

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:38:52 AM

More than likely his wallet is on a forked chain.  He needs to follow what the devs said to do to remedy it.  I did it and havent had any problems, yet. 

pezking33

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:49:10 AM

More than likely his wallet is on a forked chain.  He needs to follow what the devs said to do to remedy it.  I did it and havent had any problems, yet. 

Ok, I think I found where the devs give directions to fixing the wallet. Do I need to re-download the block chain again? Its not a problem if I do I just want to make sure I am doing this right. So from my understanding I edit wallet config file and download block chain, place block chain in proper place, then open wallet. Does this sound correct?
Pyroboby7

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:51:27 AM

Ok, I think I found where the devs give directions to fixing the wallet. Do I need to re-download the block chain again? Its not a problem if I do I just want to make sure I am doing this right. So from my understanding I edit wallet config file and download block chain, place block chain in proper place, then open wallet. Does this sound correct?

Yes, redownload it and place it where it says to.  Your wallet should sync up after that.  Also, some have said to add banscore=500 to the config to keep your wallet from banning the devs node.  Good luck!

pezking33

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:18:55 AM

Yes, redownload it and place it where it says to.  Your wallet should sync up after that.  Also, some have said to add banscore=500 to the config to keep your wallet from banning the devs node.  Good luck!

did what it said and wallet wont load at all now. Keeps giving me a runtime error. maybe I am missing something... can I just copy and paste the config. text that the devs posted or is there any editing to the text that needs to be done.
Pyroboby7

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:49:39 AM

did what it said and wallet wont load at all now. Keeps giving me a runtime error. maybe I am missing something... can I just copy and paste the config. text that the devs posted or is there any editing to the text that needs to be done.

What version of the wallet are you running?

Pages: « 1 ... 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: