Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:03:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 [912] 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375351 times)
freeapp

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 02:47:22 PM

Hi,
sorry for this stupid question, but how to move my coins from the old chain to the new one?

cause https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/address.dws?9Rs7PLn7C9v4fcVan8v15XhzXPE8y7viMc.htm shows that i have 126 coins.
But when i start 1.4.3 it shows only 3 xmg... and i have only 1 connection...
Are there more nodes as the main node?

kind regards
freeapp
malafaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:57:06 PM

Hi,
sorry for this stupid question, but how to move my coins from the old chain to the new one?

cause https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/address.dws?9Rs7PLn7C9v4fcVan8v15XhzXPE8y7viMc.htm shows that i have 126 coins.

kind regards
freeapp

You can't move coins between chains.
Fortunately, that's not what you need to do. Smiley
Your wallet probably missed scanning some blocks. This usually happens when you apply a blockchain snapshot without synching all transactions in between.
To fix: start your wallet once with the  -rescan  argument
i.e.

m-wallet.exe -rescan      (and other arguments you may be using)

The wallet will take longer to start but your balance should be correct.
You shouldn't need to use this argument next time.
pmsk

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:57:49 PM

Hello,

as many of you have already seen, a few pools were running of out sync the last night again. We were also affected. That means, there were blocks which wasn't valid / on the right chain. It was affected a period of around 6 hours. We have updated our blockchain again and changed our banscore to a higher value again to get the chain more stable.

However, we know that some of you lost a huge anmount of coins. We are really sorry about that. But you should know, this isn't a pool related problem, rather a general problem we all have since the last two weeks.

In some cases its not easy to identify which pool is on the "right chain". I also would like to apologize for the fact that we also need sleep and can not always be reachable, but we try to be.

As some you may saw, we decided to payout a part of the "wrong block" from our own funds. We talk about an anmount of ~300 XMG. We decided this due the fact that we have noticed the out of sync problem a little bit late Sad

Will answer soon again regarding the high hashrate users.

Hi. I can understand that fact when it relates to forking.
But I had coins mined way before the fork happened and they were just sitting there waiting for full confirmation (520 blocks). What about those? Those blocks are still valid in the current chain. Can you identify those and pay them to miners? Not paying them is not acceptable IMO.
I had stopped mining long before the fork happened. All my coins were and still are valid. Not paying valid coins is a pool problem.
Looks like pool server and payment wallet are different @minerclaim. For example, some hours ago (when minerclaim was on a wrong chain) I cash out some mined before fork coins without any problems. The problem (I think) is that minerclaim payout the real coins for a forked coins, which were zero'ed. And now simply have no money for another payments. I don't really think @minerclaim fool you, just give them time to accumulate coins for pay.

I don't know if they fooled me. Above was their answer, and it did not mention paying correctly mined coins before the fork. They prefer to pay forked coins apparently.
I also did not get a reply from them in my case. Fortunately, it was just 5-6 XMG. So I don't lose much while assessing the pool's idoneity.
5-6 XMG? Are you kidding me? For 2 "fork for everyone" weeks miners lost profit for hundreds coins. Payments while fork is not so professional-way, but they don't refuse payments and pay from their own wallet. Everyone makes mistakes, but the bad master differs from the normal one in how he treats his mistakes. Minerclaim admitted mistake and payout from their own income. Just stop tragicomedy and calmly wait payment.
freeapp

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 02:59:37 PM

Hi,

kind regards
freeapp

Your wallet probably missed scanning some blocks. This usually happens when you apply a blockchain snapshot without synching all transactions in between.
i.e.

thanks.
but i have already done "rescan"... Sad

Any other suggestions what to do?

kind regards
freeapp
My9bot

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:01:46 PM

Hi,

kind regards
freeapp

i.e.

thanks.

kind regards
freeapp
try
in the console tab
checkwallet
repairwallet

I'm better with code than with words-SatoshiNakamoto
Espers [ESP]SiteOnBlockchain
tommyrsk

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:06:54 PM

My computers produce a different hashrate, depending on the employment.
It turns out the spread from 200 to ~ 330
work.1 - 14.56
work.2 - 139.81
work.3 - 93.21
work.4 - 64.08
work.5 - 17.48

Total: 329.14
Hence, according to your rules, I periodically I jump over the permissible limit, what should I do? If most of me have less than 300 My Hashrate.

If you are continously above 300, then you will get a warning. Then you have to reduce the speed by either remove pc/worker or reduce the effiency of mining with parameter -e XX (XX = % value of CPU effiency)
freeapp

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 03:09:59 PM

Hi,

kind regards
freeapp

i.e.

thanks.

kind regards
freeapp
try
in the console tab
checkwallet
repairwallet

Thanks.

This does the trick. Smiley

Have a nice weekend.

kind regards
freeapp
malafaya

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:29:31 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 03:39:41 PM by malafaya

Hello,

as many of you have already seen, a few pools were running of out sync the last night again. We were also affected. That means, there were blocks which wasn't valid / on the right chain. It was affected a period of around 6 hours. We have updated our blockchain again and changed our banscore to a higher value again to get the chain more stable.

However, we know that some of you lost a huge anmount of coins. We are really sorry about that. But you should know, this isn't a pool related problem, rather a general problem we all have since the last two weeks.

In some cases its not easy to identify which pool is on the "right chain". I also would like to apologize for the fact that we also need sleep and can not always be reachable, but we try to be.

As some you may saw, we decided to payout a part of the "wrong block" from our own funds. We talk about an anmount of ~300 XMG. We decided this due the fact that we have noticed the out of sync problem a little bit late Sad

But I had coins mined way before the fork happened and they were just sitting there waiting for full confirmation (520 blocks). What about those? Those blocks are still valid in the current chain. Can you identify those and pay them to miners? Not paying them is not acceptable IMO.
I had stopped mining long before the fork happened. All my coins were and still are valid. Not paying valid coins is a pool problem.
Looks like pool server and payment wallet are different @minerclaim. For example, some hours ago (when minerclaim was on a wrong chain) I cash out some mined before fork coins without any problems. The problem (I think) is that minerclaim payout the real coins for a forked coins, which were zero'ed. And now simply have no money for another payments. I don't really think @minerclaim fool you, just give them time to accumulate coins for pay.

I don't know if they fooled me. Above was their answer, and it did not mention paying correctly mined coins before the fork. They prefer to pay forked coins apparently.
I also did not get a reply from them in my case. Fortunately, it was just 5-6 XMG. So I don't lose much while assessing the pool's idoneity.
5-6 XMG? Are you kidding me? For 2 "fork for everyone" weeks miners lost profit for hundreds coins. Payments while fork is not so professional-way, but they don't refuse payments and pay from their own wallet. Everyone makes mistakes, but the bad master differs from the normal one in how he treats his mistakes. Minerclaim admitted mistake and payout from their own income. Just stop tragicomedy and calmly wait payment.

Not, not kidding. The principle applies to 5 XMG same as for 500 XMG. Basically, what you're saying is that it's better to pay for hundreds of forked coins than "legit" ones, especially if it's as low as 5...
FYI, I never claimed any coins I mined while forked. I know the risks. But I do claim coins mined in the right chain.
I don't mind waiting for my payment, but I didn't see minerclaim mentioning anything about that. It's you saying. I have no answer to my claim, not here, nor by email.
5 XMG is just 5 XMG, but they're on the right chain and they are mine. I made sure I was on the right chain unlike many people.
Calmly waiting for an answer to my claim from minerclaim, as small as it may seem to you...

EDIT: P.S. I had the same problem with PoM (more than 100 XMG this time Smiley ), already resolved.
EmulatorBY

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:41:36 PM

I think Dev can modify algo M7M, so big botnets need time to reconfigure, and we will have time to find best solution.
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:55:43 PM

My wallet, version 1.4.3.0 stopped synching this morning.
Worked like  charm until this morning.
Does anyone knows why?

Here’s something I noticed yesterday that might be helpful.  I’m back on the right chain now and have been using 1.4.3.0.  What I think I saw when minting just connected to the devs node:

1. Minting on one node the blocks being accepted normally.
2. Dev’s node receives (or creates?) a bad block with too little proof of stake.
3. Wallet drops the node because of bad behavior.
4. Wallet reconnects to the node because of connect call.
5. Forking seems to happen leaving the wallet on its own fork but relaying valid blocks to the dev’s node.

Connecting exclusively to one node and trying to make the system work might be compounding the problem.  I keep getting this error in my debug log:

Code:
Misbehaving: 104.128.225.215:8233 (0 -> 100) DISCONNECTING
disconnecting node 104.128.225.215:8233
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : block with too little proof-of-stake

This is the dev’s node that is being disconnected.  My guess is that perhaps an incorrect version of the wallet is minting blocks and getting them relayed through this node.  It is pretty hard to keep on the right chain now – but running connected to other peers has worked for me since yesterday when this happened and I reset the block chain.

I hope this information is useful to debug the situation.
drgauravxmg

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:55:58 PM

Apart from all the Forking and Syncing game happening back to back, again and again, please consider posting an Absolute N00b guide for Solo Mining. From Step 0 till the end.

Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Yes good tip. We had some guides but the are not up to date at this moment. Magi will post a new one when all things are running fine again.

Joe posted one yesterday actually:  http://m-core.org/solo-mine-magi/

Thanks for the link.
I tried it. Exactly as mentioned.

The magi.conf file located in my /AppData/Roaming/Magi/magi.conf was edited with the mentioned codes, i.e.

daemon=1
server=1
rpcport=8232
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=randome_username
rpcpassword=randome_rpcpassword

And, I ran the miner with that exact code as mentioned on that link, i.e.:
minerd.exe --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user rpcuser --pass rpcpass -t thread_numbers  -e cpu_efficiency

(rpcuser and rpcpass were random set of characters as mentioned)

As it starts, it says:
NO PAYOUT ADDRESS PROVIDED, SWITCHING TO GETWORK.

Though, it continues the process of hashing indefinitely without saying any BOO or YAY, which, I believe is obvious because now it isn't being shared.

What's that? What to do about no payout address provided?

malafaya

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:58:53 PM

[snip]

You don't have to do anything. The wallet will provide an unused address when you mine a block.
seeksilence

Activity: 239

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:02:45 PM

Just tuned the apache server for better response for the website  http://104.207.149.217 . I will monitor it to see if it needs another tuning. Also add a link for the [xmgpool detail transaction] in the homepage for easy track with chainz.cryptoid.info. Automatically payout is made every half an hour.  

Pyroboby7

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:03:49 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 05:08:21 PM by Pyroboby7

Hello,

Not, not kidding. The principle applies to 5 XMG same as for 500 XMG. Basically, what you're saying is that it's better to pay for hundreds of forked coins than "legit" ones, especially if it's as low as 5...
FYI, I never claimed any coins I mined while forked. I know the risks. But I do claim coins mined in the right chain.
I don't mind waiting for my payment, but I didn't see minerclaim mentioning anything about that. It's you saying. I have no answer to my claim, not here, nor by email.
5 XMG is just 5 XMG, but they're on the right chain and they are mine. I made sure I was on the right chain unlike many people.
Calmly waiting for an answer to my claim from minerclaim, as small as it may seem to you...

EDIT: P.S. I had the same problem with PoM (more than 100 XMG this time Smiley ), already resolved.

Yep, logged into Pom just a bit ago and its at zero.  Emailed them and immediately got a response asking for what my balance was.  I told them i honestly couldn't remember exactly and guessed it at 1.6ish, id just started to mine right before the first set of issues a few weeks ago.

So I doubt Ill get anything, but we'll see when I can get my wallet to sync up again.

EDIT:  They made things right at Pom for what I had mined previous to the issues.   When things ate stabilized ill be back on their pool!

XMG -  95AySiw3GaiTxf5xWBnZLLWkJ9orhyagbx
drgauravxmg

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:06:25 PM

[snip]

You don't have to do anything. The wallet will provide an unused address when you mine a block.

Thank You for the response.
But, sorry to question you again, how is that going to be credited in my m-wallet? Where and how can I check the progress? Like, we have a DASHBOARD in Mining Pools.

pmsk

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:06:56 PM

I didn't said "it's better to pay for hundreds of forked coins than "legit" ones", I said pool (looks like) payout real coins for forked coins and now simply have no money to return you 5 XMR, because wallet was on a right chain and they cannt get coins back. 20 000 KH/s = 500 coins/day, with fee 1% they have 150 XMR monthly. To return all money they need months. As I said just keep calm. They cannt said this because of reputation, but you can turn on brain and realistically assess the situation.
Redrover

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:05:59 PM

[snip]

Thank You for the response.
But, sorry to question you again, how is that going to be credited in my m-wallet? Where and how can I check the progress? Like, we have a DASHBOARD in Mining Pools.

If your miner solves a block, it will show up in your wallet under a new address.  Until then, you won't actually know if it's working.
Pools have a dashboard to show progress of what is found, your wallet is your 'dashboard,' it will show the results IF and WHEN a block is found.  Unfortunately that's as good as it gets in solo mining as far as I know.

And realize, if you are solo mining with a single pc right now at the current network hashrate and difficulty, you will be lucky if you solve a block in a day, but the higher solo reward makes it worth it - IF you are lucky.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
abbeytim

Activity: 438

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:47:42 PM

any news on a fix for exchanges
Pyroboby7

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:55:20 PM

any news on a fix for exchanges

Mining and Magi wallet only have a temporary fix, the exchange wallets are in maintenance mode until the dev rolls out a permanent fix.

XMG -  95AySiw3GaiTxf5xWBnZLLWkJ9orhyagbx
abbeytim

Activity: 438

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:57:07 PM

yah I heard that a few days ago
Pages: « 1 ... 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 [912] 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: