Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:39:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 [934] 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375351 times)
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 09:58:55 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 10:10:01 AM by The Frisian

Anyone who knows how to increase your stake weight?
Before the problems I had a much greater stake weight and staking reward. (it halves)
After the fork, with same amount of coins and same blocksize, my stake weight is much lower.
But also the network weight, in percentage it remains the same. (20%)
Joe said it would be 30% higher in this period, until now it's 50% lower.
Earlier, 1 XMG per 10K every day, now 1 XMG per 20K.

ex33s

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:02:41 AM

When can we trade XMG we need to trade XMG to BTC
Why, I only collect them. Wink
Me too Smiley
But i also keep a portion on the exchange for trading. Think it's fun to trade a bit, and the earnings from those trades I use to buy some more xmg and collect them Wink
That also increases the amount of stake i'm doing Smiley
That's the way, I do this for 3 years now.
First in 2015 I mined my first XMG and started directly with trading (In the meanwhile, most of those exchanges are already gone)
I'm still mining with around 100 KH/s.
Now I have a staking wallet with more than 200K and 100K on bittrex to trade.
I trade whole day long.

Nice, I've been with magi almost the hole time, think it's around 3 years soon for me.

Fun to look at old tx, still mining but at a pool now. my i7-3770 doesn't stand a chance of solomining - not effective at least Smiley

Trading is a nice thing, but kinda want the fixes so I can start getting some coins to my wallet and stake Smiley

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:16:23 AM

yah very likely  theres a gpu miner
Thanks - I didn't spot my GPU/CPU typo LOL
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:25:05 AM

Anyone who knows how to increase your stake weight?
Before the problems I had a much greater stake weight and staking reward. (it halves)
After the fork, with same amount of coins and same blocksize, my stake weight is much lower.
But also the network weight, in percentage it remains the same. (20%)
Joe said it would be 30% higher in this period, until now it's 50% lower.
Earlier, 1 XMG per 10K every day, now 1 XMG per 20K.
This probably isn't what your seeing, however, I'd noticed before that my block size seemed to have some effect on my staking rewards - when by block size was  50, I didn't gain very much (maybe due to lower weight per block), when I moved to 1000 block size, I received somewhere around the reward I was expecting. I only did that just before all the changes - so didn't get a chance to gauge what the income was - but feels around the same for me. Did you keep the same block size?

I think there are less people staking now (the exchanges certainly wont be - if they were staking before), a number of people are not on the chain or are running an old wallet still which could be partially the reason why the network weight has dropped. I wonder if there is some correlation between network weight and total rewards.

I also wonder if the 500 block maturity time is meaning its taking longer to stake which is reducing the rewards - this would also be impacted by less wallets being connected to the network, maybe blocks are staked less frequently (not sure if a block is staked every x minutes, or if it relates to the total weight on the pool)

I trust you already checked coin control, and your blocks are young.
The Frisian
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 11:24:11 AM

I also wonder if the 500 block maturity time is meaning its taking longer to stake which is reducing the rewards - this would also be impacted by less wallets being connected to the network, maybe blocks are staked less frequently (not sure if a block is staked every x minutes, or if it relates to the total weight on the pool)
I trust you already checked coin control, and your blocks are young.
I always use coin control to split all into blocks of 1000 XMG.
You should say, with the 500 block maturity the blocks are older before getting to stake again, so more weight.
Maybe there it goes wrong, after certain time/days the weight start lowering.
I don't know how it was before, but now max. confirmations of my coins are around 2000, before staking again.
kamarul.jutawan

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:34:39 PM

just wondering what if there is something wrong with this

first column is hashrate, second column is expected XMG, third column is equivalent in btc a day

i meant i am getting only 10% of expected XMG in a day, if the expectation is like 50-70% -ish, i can understand because of fluctuation, but getting like 10% only is way too low.

https://ibb.co/h6cqRv

The Frisian
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 12:41:12 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 01:15:19 PM by The Frisian

first column is hashrate, second column is expected XMG, third column is equivalent in btc a day
i meant i am getting only 10% of expected XMG in a day, if the expectation is like 50-70% -ish, i can understand because of fluctuation, but getting like 10% only is way too low.
Look at the same screen now, what does it says?
That's more realistic.

So with around 200 Kh/s you should expect between 1 or 2 XMG a day.

kamarul.jutawan

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:25:19 PM

Look at the same screen now, what does it says?
That's more realistic.

https://www.mupload.nl/img/dtirlzjetjkuu.jpg

So with around 200 Kh/s you should expect between 1 or 2 XMG a day.

ok. noted. ty
Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:28:41 PM

Actually i like the concept of how high hash would lower the reward of mining. It may not be perfect but it is a step towards trying to decentralize they coin by at least trying to dissuade big mining farms. Again not perfect but how many coins have tried to exercise to dissuade mining farms. I see plenty of people complaining but never really giving an alternative solution except 1 who wants pure POS. Though id like to keep the mining part just needs a little tweaking.

Personally i would remove the delay in reward change to immediate instead of slow changes per block. This way if a big mining farm jumps in he will get a good reward for a block then poof 0.1 coins on the next block. if hes unlucky and did not get the block then he cries. Or better yet put an emergency block reward penalty when hash suddenly increases by 50% from the last block that way it would be harder to manipulate. I think this is possible since Bitcoin cash implemented an emergency difficulty adjustment in their code.

Lastly about pools with rules. Hey if you dont like them dont use em make your own if you know how to make em. If you cant make em then move to somewhere else. If all of them have same rules solo farm. Its their rules as long as they do not cheat you then they have the right to implement anything they stipulate. Besides the hash limit has always been the heart of magi coin. Pools who have this rules and enforce them just support what magi truly stands for.

So many other coins out there. If you dont like what magi has to offer pick another coin. Dont waste trying to make this coin in your image because it is the developers image and roadmap that is going to be followed. Better yet if you can make your own pool why not make your own coin while your at it. Your coin your rules.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:45:58 PM

Saturday afternoon, relaxing with a good beer, and asking myself: why not just junk the POW?

z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:03:04 PM

Saturday afternoon, relaxing with a good beer, and asking myself: why not just junk the POW?

AMEN brotha Smiley I've been askin myself that too
Pyroboby7

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:24:26 PM

I take it you guys have been at this for a while? 

XMG -  95AySiw3GaiTxf5xWBnZLLWkJ9orhyagbx
Windozxpert

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:42:17 PM

I take it you guys have been at this for a while?  

Here here! I'm drinking a Blue Moon right now and I'm going to buy Joe one... As soon as we can get XMG back on Exchanges. Wink I have 1,000 of these burning a hole in my wallet. Thank God I have a backup of wallet.dat

HA!

There's no I in team, but there is a "Me" if you jumble it up. ~ House, M.D.
maronk

Activity: 423

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:46:37 PM

When the exchangers do update wallets, Cry  i think it can't be its left too long time  Undecided
scaran

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:48:43 PM

cryptopia xmg market closing! does the cryptopia's xmg market work in the future? on bittrex xmg wallet still offline.
Windozxpert

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:53:31 PM

When the exchangers do update wallets, Cry  i think it can't be its left too long time  Undecided

Yeah, I hope it hasn't been too long. It would be a damn shame for XMG to be lost forever. There goes the only CPU coin worth more than a few pennies.

chronosphere

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:57:28 PM

i wont worry about that if you just fluctuate in and out of 250. they are actually sending warnings to the top tier 1st and there are some with 500-1000. some have even higher than 1k on other pools

You are really strange people..  limit users on one of pool while others can still mine at full power.
And big hashers can just install own pool, I did it.   
Probably I need made my pool public and call it "Pool for big guys" Smiley))

This is a valid point that I have suggested fixes for a couple times now.

Please answer this dev or assistants:

WHY DOES THE GLOBAL HASHING RATE CONTROL THE INDIVIDUAL POOL REWARDS?!

This is a HUGE vulnerability for hackers/powerminers/speed demons to abuse the network to prevent everyone from getting fair rewards.

The math should be calculated at the POOL LEVEL so that only individual POOLS lose their block reward down to minimum so the people who are mining this coin correctly as it is originally intended to be mined, can do so without having to lose their block rewards NETWORK WIDE because of private pool mining and private solo mining in pools.

This is big enough of an issue, I will refer to it as a bug from now on.  It's a buggy feature that the entire global speed controls what the individual pools get.

If a pool is mining correctly at low total hash, then it should be getting normal rewards....while the pool mining with high hash, should be dropped in reward to 0.1 so there is no way that the abusers and hackers and excess hash miners out here who are clueless about how to work as a team and only out for themselves have NO INFLUENCE on the pools that are mining correctly.

Did you guys notice that Bittrex changed the MAGI COIN icon to a bitcoin icon default image?

Enoch
Windozxpert

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:08:17 PM

i wont worry about that if you just fluctuate in and out of 250. they are actually sending warnings to the top tier 1st and there are some with 500-1000. some have even higher than 1k on other pools

You are really strange people..  limit users on one of pool while others can still mine at full power.

This is a HUGE vulnerability for hackers/powerminers/speed demons to abuse the network to prevent everyone from getting fair rewards.

The math should be calculated at the POOL LEVEL so that only individual POOLS lose their block reward down to minimum so the people who are mining this coin correctly as it is originally intended to be mined, can do so without having to lose their block rewards NETWORK WIDE because of private pool mining and private solo mining in pools.

This is big enough of an issue, I will refer to it as a bug from now on.  It's a buggy feature that the entire global speed controls what the individual pools get.

If a pool is mining correctly at low total hash, then it should be getting normal rewards....while the pool mining with high hash, should be dropped in reward to 0.1 so there is no way that the abusers and hackers and excess hash miners out here who are clueless about how to work as a team and only out for themselves have NO INFLUENCE on the pools that are mining correctly.

Did you guys notice that Bittrex changed the MAGI COIN icon to a bitcoin icon default image?

Enoch

I agree. The assholes abusing this coin should suffer, not everyone. Sadly this is what has happened. A few people have utilized their botnets or their companies' PCs without permission and are ruining the reward for everyone. See:

Rank      User Name   KH/s   XMG/Day   BTC/Day
1      HHogan   2,019   177.799   0.0101
2      Gehacktesmacher   2,003   176.414   0.0101
3      anonymous   1,671   147.166   0.0084
4      sz1977   1,085   95.558   0.0054

That's from Minerclaim. It's not even worth the effort to mine with these people on the chain.

lhedwin

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

life is simple!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:41:43 PM

Enoch

All coins in Bittrex are using the bitcoin icon... must be a problem in bittrex system, or an update bug.

NYXCOIN - The future of Investment and eCommerce - NYXCOIN
▬▬▬▬ AsicResistant ┃ InstantSend ┃ PrivatSend ┃ Investment ┃ Masternode ▬▬▬▬
BitcoinTalk • Twitter • Facebook • Slac • Discord • Github
ex33s

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:26:03 PM

You are really strange people..  limit users on one of pool while others can still mine at full power.

Enoch

The block reward is the same for all people mining, not individual pools / people / botnet. There's is no way for the wallet (read daemon if you skip the gui) på tell the differens between me solomining with 100 kh/s or a pool with 5 mh/s or a botnet mining of 15 mh/s

All have the same chance of getting the block value at any give time and block. Next accepted hash for a block is given that reward.

For example, next POW block has a block reward of 12.13022521 xmg + any tx fees

You can check the reward for the next block by going to console and type getmininginfo
This is the output of getmininginfo for the next POW block
Code:
{
"blocks" : 1463035,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 4.55136638,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00158697,
"search-interval" : 1
},
"blockvalue" : {
"difficulty-V2" : 2.37826473,
"blockvalue" : 12.13022521
},
"netmhashps" : 101.97301415,
"netstakeweight" : 87366.67263973,
"errors" : "",
"pooledtx" : 0,
"stakeweight" : {
"minimum" : 164,
"maximum" : 0,
"combined" : 164
},
"Expected PoS (hours)" : 13,
"stakeinterest" : 0.00784967,
"testnet" : false,
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 101973014,
"testnet" : false
}

And as i was replying to you, that block was minted at block 1463043, https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/block.dws?1463043.htm which went to xmgpool (Congratz Wink )
The reson for this not being block 1463036 is that there where a couple of PoS blocks between.

If it was plausible to actually control the reward per wallet (read solominer / pool / botnet), that would mean a form of centralization which goes against every thing crypto is.

So no, there's no vulnerability (or bug as you call it) - every one has the same chance on getting the value for the next PoW block

Pages: « 1 ... 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 [934] 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: