Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:20:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 [690] 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375351 times)
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:19:08 AM

Hi all

Below the RULES from the awesome Magi (XMG) Proof of Interest campaign IV
The Magi Proof of Interest campaigns has been very successful. The past campaign gave interest between 6% & 7% during the campaign period. No banks will give you that.
In the past 2 years Magi has become a stable and fair currency.
This is due to the genius developer and the enormous willingness of the community to work together on this beautiful coin.
Magi has also started without a fund and without IPO.
Many things were achieved from voluntary and without private profit.
It is unique that the Magi continues to grow in this way and that makes the currency more attractive to the bigger players in the digital  currency world.

The Proof of Interest campaign is a token of appreciation from the Magi team to the beautiful and growing Magi community.
Magi will continue to ask the community to help further growth.
New articles, services, exchanges, faucets etc are things Magi is looking for.
Together we can achieve a lot!

Enjoy the Proof of Interest campaign and remember to read the rules!

Magi (XMG) The unique currency of the future!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Banks do give interest but not very much! Magi does this better!
The Coin of the Magi is the digital currency of the future, fair unique and for all people living everywhere!

Rules for the Magi Proof of Interest 4 2016!

The base is very simple.
Time period: The Proof of Interest will last 3 months.

When can I register to participate? Registration will be open: 15-sept-2016  (Magi's birthday) & will be closed at 15-oct-2016.

How do I sign up? Tell me that you want to join the PoI here: http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=10308.0
Registration is done by posting your XMG address replying on Bitcoingarden or PM me here or on Bitcointalk.

What information should I include? Write your participating wallet XMG address in a reply here: http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=10308.0
Only one address allowed to join. Reminder: No exchange wallet-address!!!

The team will check the address initial balance, and that balance will start participating in the Proof of Interest campaign.
(With the use of the Block explorers)

When will I receive my interest? Interest will be paid after 15-jan-2017 (Interest period will be 3 months)

What happens if I have more XMG in my wallet on 15-jan-2017? You will receive interest on the amount present in your wallet on that date. (Advantage participant)

What happens if I have less XMG in my wallet on 15-jan-2017?
You will not receive any interest from campaign, if your initial balance has decreased more than 15% at the campaigns end! (Drawback participant)

What happens if I have used XMG to pay for goods? This has no negative effect on your interest. (Receipt required)

How will be interest distributed? The interest will be distributed by means of a specific calculation. This can be influenced by the number of participants, level of the fund and total number of coins that participate. Team will check addresses random and record the coins in that address. Based on that the interest calculation will be done! (With the use of the Block explorers)

Who will pay the interest for this Proof of Interest campaign? I received donations! Cheesy
(Love this guy) 25.000 XMG
On his request, the donor will remain anonymous! Payouts will be done by me.

Interest will be paid to the designated wallet-address.
Changes of participating address during the Proof of Interest is possible only once per user in the 3 months period (changing is not advisable, though).
Exchanges or wallet-address on an exchange are excluded from participation.

Your XMG balance for joining the Proof of Interest has to be min. 1000 XMG at the end of the period.
Example: register with 500 XMG is possible but to receive interest the balance needs to be min. 1000 XMG at the end of the campaign period.
To make it more fair for all people the max amount of XMG you can use to join the Proof of Interest campaign will be 25.000 XMG
Example: Dave joins the Proof of Interest campaign with his wallet-address. The balance of his wallet is from the start of the campaing 44.000 XMG
The Proof of Interest campaign will give him interest over the first 25.000 XMG.
This will be more fair and stimulates the idea of decentralized currencies. Otherwise only the richer get richer right!

NOTE: The team reserves it's right to send a warning to a drawback member, that his balance is decrease more than 15% on their regular random balance checks.
There will be a limit set for the amount of people who can join the Proof of Interest. Will Follow!!
Remember the more coins you have in your wallet the higher the amount of coins you will receive by interest!

Magi likes to launch a fair & awesome new Proof of Interest campaign for the great community! Smiley
Magi team reserves the right to supplement the above rules if it is clear that important issues are not in the rules relating to the fairness of the campaign.

Register for the unique Proof of Interest campaign IV  will  be closed at 15 - 10 - 2016 ! Don't hesitate and join!
just went to bitcoingarden and seen many members already joining this i will save some btc to buy my share and download a wallet.
good luck belated happy birthday xmg. thanks for this good opportunity.
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:24:33 AM

You are welcome. Notice more ppl register by pm than on the forum! Smiley

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
skyline_king

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 10:47:09 PM

Thanks Starmman. Notice a lot of pm's from the Proof of Interest campaign. Thats cool. People who did not register yet don't hesitate!!

I want to join just wondering is it 1000 coins by registering or by the end the campaign
Good question. I will look into this.

Hey 11magic was just wondering if you might have looked in to this.. if I don't hear back I'll send a message on btcgarden and see what they have to say...

Thanks for the help loving the fact I got I'm to this coin..

Also is there anyone that can pm me so I can get some help setting up cpu mining for this coin...
Sorry for the late respons. It was a really good question.
Its possible to join the campaign with less than 1000 XMG. But to receive interest the wallet balance needs to be min 1000 XMG at the end of the campaign for receiving interest. I added it in the rules.
Thanks for the good question.

Alright thanks glad that I got a bit to finish working my way over 1000...

Can I pm you in a bit and maybe get some help setting up cpu mining?
Amigo you can better post your mining question here.
In our awesome Magi community are a lot of great miners who can help you.

Well let's see where do I start....

One I've only ever used minergate to.mine and I am looking to set up a cpu miner and start to mine some xmg.

I tried before to set up a miner software and I couldn't get it
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:11:19 AM

Thanks Starmman. Notice a lot of pm's from the Proof of Interest campaign. Thats cool. People who did not register yet don't hesitate!!

I want to join just wondering is it 1000 coins by registering or by the end the campaign
Good question. I will look into this.

Hey 11magic was just wondering if you might have looked in to this.. if I don't hear back I'll send a message on btcgarden and see what they have to say...

Thanks for the help loving the fact I got I'm to this coin..

Also is there anyone that can pm me so I can get some help setting up cpu mining for this coin...
Sorry for the late respons. It was a really good question.
Its possible to join the campaign with less than 1000 XMG. But to receive interest the wallet balance needs to be min 1000 XMG at the end of the campaign for receiving interest. I added it in the rules.
Thanks for the good question.

Alright thanks glad that I got a bit to finish working my way over 1000...

Can I pm you in a bit and maybe get some help setting up cpu mining?
Amigo you can better post your mining question here.
In our awesome Magi community are a lot of great miners who can help you.

Well let's see where do I start....

One I've only ever used minergate to.mine and I am looking to set up a cpu miner and start to mine some xmg.

I tried before to set up a miner software and I couldn't get it
Hi Skyline_king,

You'll need an address, a miner and an account on a pool, the address can be created by downloading the wallet, the miner can be downloaded from any of the links https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0#post_cpuminer and a list of pools are below it (create an account - add your wallet address in there), the GUI Miner is the easiest to setup. Run the miner and enter your pool URL, username and password - and then click start mining.

If you need any more detail let me know.
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 08:13:54 AM

Question : Staking, splitting/combining

# Transaction under stake with a value greater than the threshold is being splitted
stakesplitthreshold=500

# Transactions with values less than the threshold will combine into one
stakecombinethreshold=250

When all the blocks are under 500 but over 250 no combining/splitting is happening anymore.
Is this a problem for the staking process?
What's happening then with the weight and the block rewards?
Is it better to keep splitting/combining or doesn't this matter for the staking results?
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:41:50 AM

Question : Staking, splitting/combining

# Transaction under stake with a value greater than the threshold is being splitted
stakesplitthreshold=500

stakecombinethreshold=250

When all the blocks are under 500 but over 250 no combining/splitting is happening anymore.
Is this a problem for the staking process?
What's happening then with the weight and the block rewards?
Is it better to keep splitting/combining or doesn't this matter for the staking results?

I can't answer the technicalities behind your questions, but I can share my observations. I have the below settings and for the last couple of weeks I didn't need to do any coin control, the largest # of confirmations on a block is currently 10k, I'm watching it like a hawk though. I was doing some coin control before then with the same settings and the number of confirmations were increasing - but I'm now down to hundreds of blocks rather than thousands of blocks in my wallet - which could be the reason why. My weight is pretty high and doesn't seem to be dropping. But if I see that the number of confirmations on blocks starts to increase I'll use coin control again.

Code:
# posii=0 to disable PoS staking; default = 1
posii=1
stakesplitthreshold=150
stakecombinethreshold=74
Coins-R-Us

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 05:00:33 AM

The default split/combine settings that come with the wallet
are working fine for me (I think they are 500/250).  I can
manually combine my mining earnings, no problem.  Maybe
Joe picked these numbers for a reason, i wonder.

Seems i'm not the only one having trouble figuring out the
logic or mechanics of how this works.  It looks like:  when one
of my staking "blocks" reaches about 500 coins, when it stakes
it will not combine but start blocks of about 250 coins staking.
This cycle will slowly repeat then.  So any coins under 250
will not stake nor split nor combine, i'm guessing (?).
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:57:49 AM

I still can't figure my problem out Cry. I don't now if someone added something since last time but I did not see it.
Do you still have the ability to load your old wallet on the Pi? Maybe its possible to create a new wallet on the PC and simply transfer the funds from the Pi to a new address rather than restore the wallet. Another option could be to check the encoding on the file, long-shot, but maybe the Linux wallet is using a different text encoding mechanism to the windows.

No, it crashes after taking an eternity to being loaded. I can tell you the exact error if you want so.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:03:17 PM

I still can't figure my problem out Cry. I don't now if someone added something since last time but I did not see it.
Do you still have the ability to load your old wallet on the Pi? Maybe its possible to create a new wallet on the PC and simply transfer the funds from the Pi to a new address rather than restore the wallet. Another option could be to check the encoding on the file, long-shot, but maybe the Linux wallet is using a different text encoding mechanism to the windows.

No, it crashes after taking an eternity to being loaded. I can tell you the exact error if you want so.

I think it will be worth sharing the error - there is a chance that somebody on here might understand what the issue is after looking at it.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:01:22 AM

I think it will be worth sharing the error - there is a chance that somebody on here might understand what the issue is after looking at it.

Okay, so let's boot the Pi. I'll get back here in a few hours when the error will have shown on my screen.
Coins-R-Us

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:57:14 AM

Yes MAGI is a coin that i really like a lot!  Partly cause of the
name, the image, the huge community, and unique features,
I decided to start collecting these about 18 months ago.

My first POS coin, and the hope that i would be able to mine
them - which has now come true, with my android tablet also!
So now i'm mining and staking them continuously.

I'm very happy with the latest wallet release, and can't wait
to see what happens next.  (Already in the POI IV too).

skyline_king

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 01:35:37 PM

Yes MAGI is a coin that i really like a lot!  Partly cause of the
name, the image, the huge community, and unique features,
I decided to start collecting these about 18 months ago.

My first POS coin, and the hope that i would be able to mine
them - which has now come true, with my android tablet also!
So now i'm mining and staking them continuously.

I'm very happy with the latest wallet release, and can't wait
to see what happens next.  (Already in the POI IV too).

Yes there is so much great about this coin... I am glad to finally start staking gonna be working on the cpu mining today..

How are you mining on your tablet . I use minergate on my old quad core phone but i will switch to xmg if there is an app for it..
K1lo

Activity: 151

Moar mining!!! .. oh wait, that's too much

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 02:32:31 PM

The problem is the block reward is consistently so low at the moment it's a bit of a waste of time mining XMG at the moment. I've mined for almost a year and a half but have recently switched most of my mining power to other altcoins.

Developer, tinkerer, miner, coin holder, hopelessly amateurish trader
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 04:17:49 PM

The problem is the block reward is consistently so low at the moment it's a bit of a waste of time mining XMG at the moment. I've mined for almost a year and a half but have recently switched most of my mining power to other altcoins.
Same here, this time last year I was generating 30-60XMG per day - now its somewhere between 5 and 10XMG. Although the value of XMG has increased x3 so by XMG/USD generation has reduced by around 50%. I'm also mining coins on the cryptonote algorithm these days - was co-mining X11 last year.
K1lo

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:36:48 PM

Same here, this time last year I was generating 30-60XMG per day - now its somewhere between 5 and 10XMG. Although the value of XMG has increased x3 so by XMG/USD generation has reduced by around 50%. I'm also mining coins on the cryptonote algorithm these days - was co-mining X11 last year.

I have a little tool I wrote that updates part of my screen. I keep an eye on XMG network hashrate and last block rewards :

As you can see I only have one very low powered machine mining at the moment. The rest run another script which regularly polls for the block reward and incrementally switches on mining power based on predefined thresholds.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:28:01 PM

I have a little tool I wrote that updates part of my screen. I keep an eye on XMG network hashrate and last block rewards :

As you can see I only have one very low powered machine mining at the moment. The rest run another script which regularly polls for the block reward and incrementally switches on mining power based on predefined thresholds.

Looks awesome. I'm in the process of writing a mutiexchange desktop trading platform (when I'm not working or being lazy) - I'm now thinking that I should add something like this to the platform to retrieve all kinds of coin info =)
K1lo

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:37:35 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2016, 06:47:50 PM by K1lo

Looks awesome. I'm in the process of writing a mutiexchange desktop trading platform (when I'm not working or being lazy) - I'm now thinking that I should add something like this to the platform to retrieve all kinds of coin info =)

Thanks, I needed something I could keep an eye on everywhere. I started writing a standalone page which would grab all the data by AJAX however I ran in to security restrictions because I was making many cross domain requests. As a result I ended up writing it as a python script which runs on each machine I need the data. I keep adding new information as I find it's useful.

Currently it shows about five different coins I'm currently mining along with my mining rig statuses.

Oh and in case it isn't clear from the output I attached, at the time the block reward for XMG was 0.99 XMG  Angry Undecided Cry

EDIT: 0.66  Shocked Shocked

Coins-R-Us

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:13:27 AM

Nice tracking software, K1lo.  OK, it is (maybe) not profitable to
mine Magi, but time will tell.  It's the only coin i am mining, and i
mine them to hold and stake.  I use the NeoNeonMiner for android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kangaderoo.neoneonminer&hl=en

and for windows, m-cpuminer-qt works fine for me.  Good luck.

P.S. 700 Pages!  I wonder how many coins made it that far...
K1lo

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:23:43 AM

huh, I somehow missed that there was a fully fledged miner for android. That's pretty impressive although I can't imagine it would do your battery any good. Perhaps this is also the explaination for all the exploding Note 7s Cheesy

Nice tracking software, K1lo.  OK, it is (maybe) not profitable to
mine Magi, but time will tell.  It's the only coin i am mining, and i
mine them to hold and stake.

I love XMG, for some reason it has been my firm favorite ever since I started dabbling in crypto a couple of years ago. Great community, really fast transactions, good wallet software, the works. Smiley Mining at the moment is a bit hit and miss because some people don't understand about sweet-spot mining. If the big guys that suddenly switch on many tens of MH/s when the rewards rise instead contributed a much smaller but consistent level of hash power we could all benefit from it.

As it is, I only mine with 1 CPU 100% of the time and switch two more CPUs when the reward rises high enough to warrant it. This is only a small percentage of my mining power but I don't want to flood the XMG network and add to the situation.

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:49:27 AM

Nice words all! I really appreciate that.
Indeed there is a Android miner for Magi.
I'am in the community since the launch of this awesome currency. Due to the awesome dev and community Magi keeps on growing. Sometimes slow & sometimes faster.
The idea of Magi becoming a long-term currency is succesful. Despite the fact some updates cost more time i'am very happy with the community and proud to achieve page 700 on Bitcointalk. The future is Magi!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Pages: « 1 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 [690] 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: