Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:26:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375322 times)
kipperedsnack

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 04:06:28 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2018, 04:17:20 AM by kipperedsnack

hi all,

Have anyone who is solo mining gotten any blocks sins hardfork and new wallet v1.4.6.2?

I've gotten about 5 or 6 since upgrading to v1.4.6.2. This is solo mining @ 1MH. No big blocks anymore, about .4-1.1 XMG each.

I've just gotten my first reward solo mining after the Fork, 1.2 xmg mining 24 hours a day for the last 3-4 days.
what determines the amount of coin i will get when solo mining?
Before the Fork i got 600-3500 coins solo mining.

Sounds like you've got around 100KH or so. How much you get, whether solo mining or in a pool, is determined by your hashrate, difficulty, and block value. Difficulty and block value vary quite a bit based on network hashrate. Higher hashrate gives higher difficulty and lower block reward. I'm seeing about 2.5-3 XMG/day at 1MH. Earnings will vary proportionately to hashrate, so you can get a good estimate by comparing our hashrates. Of course this can change greatly based on many factors, but still as good of an estimate as you can get.

I am seeing around 0 XMG after 48 hours and 400kh/s or so....

if your solo mining i wouldnt bother. your hash is too low. Go onto a pool, i would suggest minerclaim. And when minerclaim plays up go to xpoolx

As a solo miner you need the hashes to compete with minerclaim

This makes 0 sense to me. If mining for 24-48 hours yields literally 0 coin at 400kh/s... there literally is no point. I know what pool mining is like. I don't want to pool mine. My question is why am I yielding 0 after 24 hours of that hash speed. Mathematically, it's not working out for me. At all. Like, it literally doesn't make sense. It should yield a result. Even if minimal. Perhaps my wallet or YIIMP configuration is busted. But I doubt it.

We aren't solo mining, it's a collective test pool for specifically this reason.

I see the total network hash is around 66MH/s respectively at time of this post. That means that my "measly" 400Kh/s is basically 0.6% of the total network hash rate. I would definitely have figured a block would have been found with some profit for us.

That's a few rack servers, home desktops, and quads of Pi's... that's a shit load of power even just for the larger workers at 100kh/s. Pitty. Something doesn't quite add up.
Jeremy450

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:27:26 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2018, 04:38:33 AM by Jeremy450

hi all,

Have anyone who is solo mining gotten any blocks sins hardfork and new wallet v1.4.6.2?

I've gotten about 5 or 6 since upgrading to v1.4.6.2. This is solo mining @ 1MH. No big blocks anymore, about .4-1.1 XMG each.

I've just gotten my first reward solo mining after the Fork, 1.2 xmg mining 24 hours a day for the last 3-4 days.

Sounds like you've got around 100KH or so. How much you get, whether solo mining or in a pool, is determined by your hashrate, difficulty, and block value. Difficulty and block value vary quite a bit based on network hashrate. Higher hashrate gives higher difficulty and lower block reward. I'm seeing about 2.5-3 XMG/day at 1MH. Earnings will vary proportionately to hashrate, so you can get a good estimate by comparing our hashrates. Of course this can change greatly based on many factors, but still as good of an estimate as you can get.

if your solo mining i wouldnt bother. your hash is too low. Go onto a pool, i would suggest minerclaim. And when minerclaim plays up go to xpoolx

This makes 0 sense to me. If mining for 24-48 hours yields literally 0 coin at 400kh/s... there literally is no point. I know what pool mining is like. I don't want to pool mine. My question is why am I yielding 0 after 24 hours of that hash speed. Mathematically, it's not working out for me. At all. Like, it literally doesn't make sense. It should yield a result. Even if minimal. Perhaps my wallet or YIIMP configuration is busted. But I doubt it.

We aren't solo mining, it's a collective test pool for specifically this reason.

I see the total network hash is around 66MH/s respectively at time of this post. That means that my "measly" 400Kh/s is basically 0.6% of the total network hash rate. I would definitely have figured a block would have been found with some profit for us.

That's a few rack servers, home desktops, and quads of Pi's... that's a shit load of power even just for the larger workers at 100kh/s. Pitty. Something doesn't quite add up.

yes but you forget something. if a pool is hashing so high the blocks are changing so rapidly and because of this they a solving the block before your solo mining can. to solo mining at the moment a solo miner needs 1000kh or more to atleast get something. this is due to minerclaim being so high with its hashrate. and hence why i called minerclaim being cancer to the coin because they aren't stopping the extremely high hashrates to me they are helping them. to me this is wrong. they are taking more then 3/4 of the network hash

Edit:
with Pool mining they combine everyone's hashrate to solve a block and once solved each person gets a cut based of their effete.
With Solo mining you are solving a full block. unless you solve it you dont get the rewards

if a pool solves/grabs it before you they get the rewards not you.

This is the plight of solo mining. you need the hash power to be able to complete right now
This is also why i cracked up abut theses small pools opening. they wont get anything they might be lucky to get a little. but cos they are so small not enough hash power

This is my understanding from it
kipperedsnack

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 04:38:16 AM

hi all,

yes but you forget something. if a pool is hashing so high the blocks are changing so rapidly and because of this they a solving the block before your solo mining can. to solo mining at the moment a solo miner needs 1000kh or more to atleast get something. this is due to minerclaim being so high with its hashrate. and hence why i called minerclaim being cancer to the coin because they aren't stopping the extremely high hashrates to me they are helping them. to me this is wrong. they are taking more then 3/4 of the network hash

Edit:
with Pool mining they combine everyone's hashrate to solve a block and once solved each person gets a cut based of their effete.
With Solo mining you are solving a full block. unless you solve it you dont get the rewards

So literally in essence, they are "beating the private and solo miners to the block solution" for that current chain block? That seems flawed by design. In favor of like 2-3 people who operator pools. Ew.

Still doesn't quite make sense. But thank you...

Perhaps, you are 100% correct, and there is just a higher threshold than I initially assumed... Perhaps doubling our private test pool or even higher to the 1MH/s mark or above might be the key factor here. That was kinda the point. I might just post it here and see if anyone can contribute to test this hypothesis.
Jeremy450

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:59:49 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2018, 05:35:32 AM by Jeremy450

hi all,

Edit:

So literally in essence, they are "beating the private and solo miners to the block solution" for that current chain block? That seems flawed by design. In favor of like 2-3 people who operator pools. Ew.

Perhaps, you are 100% correct, and there is just a higher threshold than I initially assumed... Perhaps doubling our private test pool or even higher to the 1MH/s mark or above might be the key factor here. That was kinda the point. I might just post it here and see if anyone can contribute to test this hypothesis.

Give you an idea. I mention Xpoolx a few times they are a small pool (really love using them, they have no fees and only charge 0.001xmg for manual withdrawals). they are averaging about 3mh to 9mh. When minerclaim is playing up/not going. You can easily mine on Xpoolx and get coins easy.
But as soon as minerclaim is fully going your lucky to get anything on there in 24 hours.

As much as i want to use Xpoolx, while minerclaim lives i have to choose them over xpoolx for that fact that i rather not waste my electricity getting nothing/little at all.

Minerclaim is caner to the coin. Especially at the moment with them aiding and abetting the whalers.
kipperedsnack

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 05:43:44 AM

hi all,

Edit:

Give you an idea. I mention Xpoolx a few times they are a small pool (really love using them, they have no fees and only charge 0.001xmg for manual withdrawals). they are averaging about 3mh to 9mh. When minerclaim is playing up/not going. You can easily mine on Xpoolx and get coins easy.
But as soon as minerclaim is fully going your lucky to get anything on there in 24 hours.

As much as i want to use Xpoolx, while minerclaim lives i have to choose them over xpoolx for that fact that i rather not waste my electricity getting nothing/little at all.

Minerclaim is caner to the coin. Especially at the moment with them aiding and abetting the whalers.

Thank you, this provided quite a bit of insight. It's unfortunate. No way to limit these massive master wallets that are mining from connecting to the network? A pool is just mining the daemon wallet, so I would imagine the network could distinguish what is "minerclaim".

This might persuade MinerClaim to actively enforce some real restrictions and start harpooning these fat fucks abusing their stratum.

I mean, it looks a few users with 100MH/s ... which is insane. Those are 100% botnets.
Jeremy450

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:01:48 AM

hi all,

Edit:

Thank you, this provided quite a bit of insight. It's unfortunate. No way to limit these massive master wallets that are mining from connecting to the network? A pool is just mining the daemon wallet, so I would imagine the network could distinguish what is "minerclaim".

This might persuade MinerClaim to actively enforce some real restrictions and start harpooning these fat fucks abusing their stratum.

I mean, it looks a few users with 100MH/s ... which is insane. Those are 100% botnets.

Anytime happy to help. The Community has been saying this for a while since the problem started happening alot since mid to late last year to now. The community has said alot of ideas even to the point of decentralizing. But the devs seem very unwilling to do anything about it. Despite the anger and frustration of the community. its obviously who the high hashrate ppl are, cos they tell everything to shut and stop crying, etc.

im willing to even go as far as providing ID to identify my self so they know whos mining and if i abuse the hashrate i get banned.

Unless something is done to the pools (minerclaim.net) its kinda pointless.

But asking the devs to do something that would benfite the coin is like trying to find hens teeth (impossible)
s0litaire

Activity: 133
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:53:36 AM

hi all,

Edit:

Anytime happy to help. The Community has been saying this for a while since the problem started happening alot since mid to late last year to now. The community has said alot of ideas even to the point of decentralizing. But the devs seem very unwilling to do anything about it. Despite the anger and frustration of the community. its obviously who the high hashrate ppl are, cos they tell everything to shut and stop crying, etc.

im willing to even go as far as providing ID to identify my self so they know whos mining and if i abuse the hashrate i get banned.

But asking the devs to do something that would benfite the coin is like trying to find hens teeth (impossible)

Here's a novel solution...

Stop telling people to use Minerclaim.
Actively direct miners towards one of the other pools :

Rate limit 250Kh/s:
http://h2767584.stratoserver.net/MPOS/public/index.php
https://magi.trasmamod.com/index.php
https://pom.m-hash.com/

No rate limit:
https://xpoolx.com/magindex.php?page=login

The more users on other pools means a healthier base for the coin
Jeremy450

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:58:51 AM

hi all,

Edit:

Rate limit 250Kh/s:

No rate limit:

Here's a novel answer. read what i said properly and find a way to shutdown minerclaim
if you read what i said properly you would see i was saying using other pools.

i been saying that for a while now.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:02:23 AM

There is 1 action everyone can take if they truly want to help magi.

Each person move their hash to any pool  other than minerclain.net, and ensure that they dont use more than 250khs.
If everyone does that, it wont solve the problem, but will certainly have an impact.
Better still all move to the same pool than actual bans abusers....

It wont fix things overnight, but its the only way as a community we can break minernet's distruction of this coin

lets see what people power can really achieve.
The future is in your hands
J
Jeremy450

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:10:11 AM

Each person move their hash to any pool  other than minerclain.net, and ensure that they dont use more than 250khs.
If everyone does that, it wont solve the problem, but will certainly have an impact.

It wont fix things overnight, but its the only way as a community we can break minernet's distruction of this coin

J

i havent been on minerclaim for a day or so now. so cant say i dont try. Look for yourself you'll see me on xpoolx

but i said unless minerclaim gets shutdown or boycotted nothing will help.

unlike you and me. everyone else wont.
magirental

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:38:05 AM

hi all,

Edit:

Rate limit 250Kh/s:

No rate limit:

I am still asking developers to limit the pools hashrate limit rather than asking each miner to have aless hash rate. this can be done by not allowing a pool if its hash rate becomes greater than 250 khps* total number of workers, and a proper machinery or blockchain regulator code, and also limiting this in the m-core wallet rpc server interface.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
magi rigs for rent with very low one time payments. hashes upto 150khps and duration upto 1 year.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3907169.0
magirental

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:45:59 AM

regarding xpoolx their hashrate is double the actual hashrate they really hava, If you doubtme Go and join that pool to see for yourself. Sad
this means increase in difficulty for rest of the miners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
magi rigs for rent with very low one time payments. hashes upto 150khps and duration upto 1 year.
Jeremy450

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:47:19 AM

hi all,

Edit:

Rate limit 250Kh/s:

No rate limit:

I am still asking developers to limit the pools hashrate limit rather than asking each miner to have aless hash rate. this can be done by not allowing a pool if its hash rate becomes greater than 250 khps* total number of workers, and a proper machinery or blockchain regulator code, and also limiting this in the m-core wallet rpc server interface.

Good luck cos they wont listen to what the community/forum has been asking for for like over 6 months
D0ugyB0y

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 01:23:29 PM

Looks like someone is trying to, minerclaim is slow to load and their hashrate is dropping. Possible ddos again.

J

i havent been on minerclaim for a day or so now. so cant say i dont try. Look for yourself you'll see me on xpoolx

Jeremy450

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:32:58 PM

XpoolX is doing great at the moment Smiley

See what happens when minerclaim is ddos/down.

just proves they are cancer cos with their hashrate down so much. other pools are earning way better.

just got 1xmg in 10 - 20mins (wasnt taking notice how long.

Looks like someone is trying to, minerclaim is slow to load and their hashrate is dropping. Possible ddos again.

J

D0ugyB0y

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 01:38:56 PM

When it happened the other day the block rewards increased to 20 xmg.

just proves they are cancer cos with their hashrate down so much. other pools are earning way better.

J

Jeremy450

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:51:16 PM

just got another 1xmg. just shows when minerclaim is down/ddos the blocks are easier to get and higher.

hence what i been saying for past few days about minerclaim

When it happened the other day the block rewards increased to 20 xmg.

J

Jeremy450

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:24:21 PM

Nice to see more users on Xpoolx Smiley
jonathin.r

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:06:44 PM

From a web-sec standpoint, I feel awful for Minerclaim getting DDOSed, but at the same time I kinda don't. As people pointed out, when Minerclaim was getting hit, people started to pack up and move to xPoolx, which is great. We need more pools that a) actually enforce hashrate limits, and b) bring back a small degree of fairness to this chaotic coin.

My XMG Address: 9LzxHqsxrRPMCyBffjMc3cLuB5hwEG5Ufq
"Un pour tous, tous pour un" - The Three Musketeers, 1844
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 05:27:40 PM

instead of asking pool to limit hashrate, what about changing the difficulty/reward to reflect on the fact that since the beginning of the year, the coin has a max net hasrhate around 200MHash/s (in bad day) and not anymore 75MH/s as it was the case last year...
(and basically the 250kh/s per user rule, is kinda stupid), I mean nothing forbid someone to register 10-50 account to stay below the limit...

everybody has been blaming minerclaim (me included Grin), but the fact is that big user, is the only one donating to minerclaim while everyone just pay the minimum fee... so well, it isn't really in best interest of minerclaim to stop him...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: « 1 ... 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: