Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:10:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac  (Read 100801 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
david1365
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:12:55 PM

current price is not reflective of the work and future implementations of the keycoin team. Hodling

well, the work and implementations don't matter in the end.
the Altcoin market isn't working this way.
Either whales Pump & Dump the coin or it get a flat-line over the time.
You can find this pattern in all altcoins.

looks like Keycoin also got p&d to death.
Time for a new coin to pump.

If you are smart you sold already.
There are almost 0 buy orders currently. So you can't even jump out if you want to.
I remember after huge attacks by FUDs price hugely drop to 7.5k and immediately rebound, it may happen once again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boomsling

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:13:12 PM

I think the main objective with releasing the tool was to build community trust and openness. Im sure the devs will be on at some point to discuss with the community what they would like to see the restriction set at. Perhaps a poll on their official forums would suffice and demonstrate this?

I'm positive a happy medium for all will be achieved.

The volume is low at the moment so it takes very little for someone who is determined and with the resources to hurt the market.

Everything from the dev team thus far has shown nothing but their commitment to this coin, they have the drive and talent for it to succeed. Those without foresight will be left behind.

darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:13:45 PM

I think the main objective with releasing the tool was to build community trust and openness. Im sure the devs will be on at some point to discuss with the community what they would like to see the restriction set at. Perhaps a poll on their official forums would suffice and demonstrate this?

I'm positive a happy medium for all will be achieved.

The volume is low at the moment so it takes very little for someone who is determined and with the resources to hurt the market.

Everything from the dev team thus far has shown nothing but their commitment to this coin, they have the drive and talent for it to succeed. Those without foresight will be left behind.

+1000
MZD

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:16:57 PM

Boomsling

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:24:29 PM

I've set up a (unofficial) poll so you can vote for the amount of coins needed to use KeyTrader.

http://keycoincrypto.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10

RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:36:13 PM

I've set up a poll so you can vote for the value on the amount of coins needed to use KeyTrader.

http://keycoincrypto.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10

Nice.  I'm happy to see that the more mature and professional supporters/investors of keycoin are still all present.  I think in the long run, this will attract more serious investors rather than just the amateur traders who are just in it to make a quick buck.

In regards to the minimum value of coins needed, I think this is something that should be changed over time.  Since it is still in the early stages, requiring more keycoins (possibly in the 300-500 range) would be good.  But later on as more and more people are aware of keycoin and the apps, the requirements should be lowered accordingly, especially with the very limited number of keycoins available.  Who knows, might eventually have to lower it to 0.5 or 0.25 keys
vidarh

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:37:18 PM

I am urging the team to seriously re-evaluate the 100 Key requirement to use KeyTrader. It is absolute chump change, especially now. The requirement should be MUCH higher. It isn't doing anything for the price (as we can all see). You basically just gave away a cool tool to anyone that can be used with any coin.

It's chump change now. But keep in mind KEY is limited to 1m coins. It won't take many users before it "locks up" a fairly sizeable chunk of KEY. For the price of KEY it'd be great if people get 100 KEY to be able to use it with other coins. Even "just" a 1000 users would tie up 10% of the coin supply. Even just 100 users means 1% of the coin is tied up. If it was much higher, it might constrain supply too much.

Of course it can be lowered later, but set it too high and it'll be counter-productive - just preventing people from using it.

CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:44:08 PM

I am urging the team to seriously re-evaluate the 100 Key requirement to use KeyTrader. It is absolute chump change, especially now. The requirement should be MUCH higher. It isn't doing anything for the price (as we can all see). You basically just gave away a cool tool to anyone that can be used with any coin.

It's chump change now. But keep in mind KEY is limited to 1m coins. It won't take many users before it "locks up" a fairly sizeable chunk of KEY. For the price of KEY it'd be great if people get 100 KEY to be able to use it with other coins. Even "just" a 1000 users would tie up 10% of the coin supply. Even just 100 users means 1% of the coin is tied up. If it was much higher, it might constrain supply too much.

Of course it can be lowered later, but set it too high and it'll be counter-productive - just preventing people from using it.

Anyone imagining there being 10,000 users with 100 coins each is a bit crazy. Right now, there are probably 300 users, if that. The requirement should be MUCH higher to encourage buying and holding. I guess it's up to the community (hopefully). I will shut up about it now. And, just to be clear, I hear what you are saying, and I'm not suggesting you were imagining 10,000 users at 100 coins with 100% of the supply locked up. It would be interesting, however, to see what would happen if 100% of the supply was locked up. Maybe people would start to REALLY want those tools! Smiley
chisefu

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:50:37 PM

It wasn't long ago people were paying 2btc+ for tools like this.  100 coins is a damn bargain, stuff like this would sell easily on eBay for hundreds of dollars.

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:52:33 PM

It wasn't long ago people were paying 2btc+ for tools like this.  100 coins is a damn bargain, stuff like this would sell easily on eBay for hundreds of dollars.

+1000
RichardT

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:55:47 PM

Hmm that's a good point.  Some good marketing and advertisement for this would be very helpful.  Need to reach out to the media more about this.

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:57:30 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 05:11:47 PM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

It should be priced like a bot. Then, this could open an entirely new market of "bot trading," people literally trading to get the bots they want.

It is fair to say that the entire Key team is INCREDIBLY bot savvy, more so than just about anyone. Let's use that to its best advantage to impact the price of the coin positively.

If the bot (by that, I mean "tools") are priced well ahead of where they are now, are ONLY available through purchase and holding of substantial amounts of Keycoin, and still priced well under what similar bots are, we'd have a monster on our hands.

You could even charge KeyCoins for well laid out bot tutorial videos and trader tips. Everyone knows the Key team are bot monsters. They would trust that team and even pay subscriptions for great bot advice.
chisefu

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:08:34 PM

It should be priced like a bot. Then, this could open an entirely new market of "bot trading," people literally trading to get the bots they want.

It is fair to say that the entire Key team is INCREDIBLY bot savvy, more so than just about anyone. Let's use that to its best advantage to impact the price of the coin positively.

If the bot (by that, I mean "tools") are priced well ahead of where they are now, are ONLY available through purchase and holding of substantial amounts of Keycoin, and still priced well under what similar bots are, we'd have a monster on our hands.

The price is $20 bucks, you've paid more for video games you've never played I bet.  I know I have:  DayZ alpha, Planetary Annihilation, BF4, etc.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:09:11 PM

what is the role of panic selling with masturbation

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:12:51 PM

The price is $20 bucks, you've paid more for video games you've never played I bet.  I know I have:  DayZ alpha, Planetary Annihilation, BF4, etc.

I am suggesting that the price is FAR too low, but I think you get that.
RichardT

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:28:19 PM

I am suggesting that the price is FAR too low, but I think you get that.

Okay, I just want to make sure I understand.  So are you guys saying that the number of keycoins required to use the app should be adjusted according how much the current USD/KEY price is?  If that's the case, then yeah, I think that would work out well actually.
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:41:23 PM

key is down as with all alts. Problem is key is new. People want to get out of alts and into btc to cash out. Nothing new. Volume is fairly low.
kreendurron

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:42:42 PM

key is down as with all alts. Problem is key is new. People want to get out of alts and into btc to cash out. Nothing new. Volume is fairly low.
Can easily turn around, great opportunity to re-enter. Or get in for first time.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:43:28 PM

Whole altcoin scenario is more or less same  this week and won't improve unless BTC becoms stable.
tristartek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:24:07 PM

Well I gotta say im glad there is finally a moderated thread.  I had left the thread for a week because the FUD was mostly nonsensical BS.  Everyone fighting over who the lead team, that prom was involved, and koolio and whoever else.  If any of those guys were to go to XC or DRK and start buying it up would ppl start claiming they were scams too?  Get over yourselves, they arent god and shouldnt be held up as such.  Theyre investors and they are trying to build a coin.  If you dont like it or because your beloved Crypt is a POS then dont buy it.  No need to try to destroy other peoples hope of building and investing in a very decent coin.  

I am actually excited about a KeyOS release as really I haven't seen another coin implement anonymous OS usage with a wallet.  Hopefully Ill be able to add other wallets to the bootable USB stick so I can keep a few of my coins encrypted and ready to run outside of windows.  It will be tor implemented so you can surf the net anonymously for the most part.  I think the biggest thing is that it will be unique thus far since no one has it.  And if anyone knows about Linux, this is not something that is not that easy to implement.  Linux can be very frustrating at times, especially with new innovations.  Hopefully dev team can figure it out soon as it will be a very cool release.  Cant wait for more future updates without all the bullshit to block it out.  It ruins the spirit of crypto...to innovate!

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: