Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:48:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac  (Read 100801 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vanyabios

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 06:39:10 AM

yep/ nice growing/ but i don't see good buy support yet
but looking like pumpers began

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
keycoin (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 06:43:22 AM

October 24, 2014

Hello KeyCoin Community,

At last, a new release of KeyTrader is available for testing! The team wanted to roll out a few other updates along with the program, but rather than delaying any longer we have decided to make KeyTrader available for download while the work continues.

KeyTrader v2 Downloads
Windows Version
Mac Version

0.2 BTC worth of KEY is required to operate the program, meaning fluctuations in value encourage KeyCoin trade and volume, rather than pulling a specified number of coins off the market permanently.

If at any point you encounter a NilObjectException error on startup, delete or rename the files "priv.txt" and "pub.txt" located in your Documents folder, then open KeyTrader again and re-enter your API keys. Please feel free to report any other bugs you encounter, as this is an ongoing process.

Development of automated trading functions is well under way and we look forward to delivering those features to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your support and patience!
jacoo

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 07:18:48 AM

panicbuy.exe  Tongue
novirudarzg

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 07:26:18 AM

October 24, 2014

Hello KeyCoin Community,

At last, a new release of KeyTrader is available for testing! The team wanted to roll out a few other updates along with the program, but rather than delaying any longer we have decided to make KeyTrader available for download while the work continues.

KeyTrader v2 Downloads
Windows Version
Mac Version

0.2 BTC worth of KEY is required to operate the program, meaning fluctuations in value encourage KeyCoin trade and volume, rather than pulling a specified number of coins off the market permanently.

If at any point you encounter a NilObjectException error on startup, delete or rename the files "priv.txt" and "pub.txt" located in your Documents folder, then open KeyTrader again and re-enter your API keys. Please feel free to report any other bugs you encounter, as this is an ongoing process.

Development of automated trading functions is well under way and we look forward to delivering those features to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your support and patience!

oh at last Smiley
good job
vladimirdin19

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:14:54 AM

Ok I will suppot this:)
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:20:20 PM

@KeyCoinTeam.

Could you tweet this info out? You have over 5000 followers. Or are you waiting for something else?

inigthz

Activity: 507

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:17:30 PM

Sadly, i bought when prices more than 40k (till now keep patient not for sale). And the program required 0.2 btc worth of key, now. Thanks. Smiley
LondonMP

Activity: 365

I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:06:47 PM

Thank you Devs

LondonMP

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:08:11 PM

@KeyCoinTeam.

Could you tweet this info out? You have over 5000 followers. Or are you waiting for something else?

+100

The last tweet is from the 1st of september. All it takes is 1 minute to make 5000 followers aware of this new update.

B4zz4

Activity: 629

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:46:28 AM

@KeyCoinTeam.

+100

The last tweet is from the 1st of september. All it takes is 1 minute to make 5000 followers aware of this new update.

You do realize this is beta software, right? It isn't a full release version yet.

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:04:45 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 02:42:40 PM by B4zz4

Superseded: updated and corrected test results here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736389.msg9404046#msg9404046

First impressions
With regard to beta testing here are a few comments to start:

On the Mac version (on OSX Yosemite, 10.10):
Some cosmetic notes:
  • KeyCoin required field needs to display in round, the current display numbers do not fit the text field and the field is too cramped, overwriting part of "Required" making it illegible
  • The "Requirement Met?" field suffers the same problem
  • The create/edit keys link displays very poorly with the current background
  • The API Key labels are almost invisible on the current background, as is the "Show Plain Text" label
  • The Spread Buy tab, the pink text is difficult, the green text awful and the black text label is almost completely hidden in the dark background
  • Same holds for the Spread Sell tab
  • Balance Book tab suffers from illegible black text for Amount and Withdrawal Address, some of which is obscured by the input field. The Portfolio Value and Deposit Address labels do not show well either.
  • Markets Tab is slightly better but black text on that background is not great
  • Whole thing would be improved if the entire tab background was white like it is in the Windows version

Windows version (Windows 7 in VM)
Cosmetic notes:
  • On the API Keys tab the instruction text field is truncated at "allow all functions of the API except for "  with no means of scrolling to find out "except for" what? If the text box extended all the way to the right the text would likely fit.
  • KeyCoin Required and Requirement Met? fields overwrite labels even worse than Mac version does
  • Both Buy & Sell Spread tabs suffer from the hideous and illegible pink and green text labels
  • At least the Balance Book tab has black text labels on a light gray background, a major improvement
  • On the Markets tab the BTC field is truncated and the text labels are unclear with black text on a dark background.

At this stage I have done very limited Bittrex trading with either version and have hit no errors so far.

NewAge1111

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:34:31 PM

keytrader - made during the meals  Cheesy

Oтличный oбмeнник https://f-change.biz/ref/newage11111212
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:17:39 PM

First impressions

Some cosmetic notes:
  • KeyCoin required field needs to display in round, the current display numbers do not fit the text field and the field is too cramped, overwriting part of "Required" making it illegible
  • The API Key labels are almost invisible on the current background, as is the "Show Plain Text" label
  • The Spread Buy tab, the pink text is difficult, the green text awful and the black text label is almost completely hidden in the dark background
  • Balance Book tab suffers from illegible black text for Amount and Withdrawal Address, some of which is obscured by the input field. The Portfolio Value and Deposit Address labels do not show well either.
  • Whole thing would be improved if the entire tab background was white like it is in the Windows version

Cosmetic notes:
  • On the API Keys tab the instruction text field is truncated at "allow all functions of the API except for "  with no means of scrolling to find out "except for" what? If the text box extended all the way to the right the text would likely fit.
  • KeyCoin Required and Requirement Met? fields overwrite labels even worse than Mac version does
  • Both Buy & Sell Spread tabs suffer from the hideous and illegible pink and green text labels
  • At least the Balance Book tab has black text labels on a light gray background, a major improvement
  • On the Markets tab the BTC field is truncated and the text labels are unclear with black text on a dark background.

At this stage I have done very limited Bittrex trading with either version and have hit no errors so far.

+1

You hit the nail on the head right there.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
LondonMP

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:49:31 PM

@KeyCoinTeam.

+100

You do realize this is beta software, right? It isn't a full release version yet.
I said tweet about "an update", it doesnt matter whether its in beta or full version, the more beta testers the better in fact. Just to keep people who dont frequent bct in the loop Smiley

ferguson5

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

That's awesome feedback. Cosmetics are going to be improved dramatically. I'm just glad someone actually used it Smiley it really does have a useful spread order feature and I think it'll have many more great features.

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:41:57 AM

@KeyCoinTeam.

+100

I said tweet about "an update", it doesnt matter whether its in beta or full version, the more beta testers the better in fact. Just to keep people who dont frequent bct in the loop Smiley

I may be very old school and sensitive to nomenclature but "update" is applied only to production code while the KeyTrader2 software made available is very definitely beta at this time with only one of four site tabs functional, illegible fields and truncated instruction panels. An invitation to beta testers in a first-round open beta trial would be fair enough but calling this an update will generate a lot of disappointment and upset potential users. See, for example, this response above: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736389.msg9345813#msg9345813 - an attempt at humor perhaps but we do not want the impression KeyTrader2 was coded in someone's meal break.

infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:26:10 AM

Yeah, and the dev said there is more coming. This was just a little something to whet the appetite/demonstrate things are being worked on.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:47:00 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 02:43:28 PM by B4zz4

Superseded: updated and corrected test results here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736389.msg9404046#msg9404046

First impressions

Some cosmetic notes:

Cosmetic notes:

Continued...
These apply to both Mac & Windows versions:

• There is no ability to type coin market codes into the coin select box, all selections must be made by drop-down list. This lack of a search function seems an irritating oversight.
  • In the Balance Book Deposit Address only returns already extant coin deposit addresses with no means of generating a new one, although the Bittrex API certainly allows this. It seems more necessary than merely desirable.
  • I have not authorized withdrawals via API but no error is displayed when attempting to do so. This should bring up an alert reminding users when they have not enabled withdrawal on their API key or they will likely assume a broken function.
  • Balance Book offers no facility to sort by various columns. It would be really good to be able to optionally sort by name, balance, availability or even pending.

I'm afraid that's all I have time for at the moment.

Hoping it helps.

swaho

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:55:20 PM

There should be full screen option and decimal points in numbers.

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:23:25 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 01:15:52 PM by B4zz4

There should be full screen option and decimal points in numbers.

Where aren't there decimal points? I haven't found that in either version yet.

I agree the window size could be adjustable - stretching it a bit would certainly alleviate some of the current field crowding issues but I'm not likely to ever want it full screen - depends on having very small screen size I guess.

I haven't gotten around to testing multiple instances yet beyond establishing that multiple instances do spawn in Windows and can be set to different tasks. I suspect traders are going to want to sit on several coins/exchanges at once and multiple small windows work better for that than a full-screen interface.

At this time I have not managed to start more than one Mac instance of KeyTrader2 and it could be that 10.10's rigid sandboxing will prevent that. Something I have yet to investigate. Does anyone know offhand how to do so?

Edit: Doh! Just remembered to use open -n to spawn new instances - getting old I guess Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: