Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:12:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you prefer new features to be Ninja Launched or Announced first?
Ninja - 157 (62.1%)
Announced - 96 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 253

Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FIBRE] | 625k | [SuperNET] | FibreDark | FibreLock | FibreGateway | ZeroTrust |  (Read 514886 times)
killakem (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:14:04 PM

You can spoof IP's for the vote, thus I don't trust the poll.

Why would someone go to the trouble of creating an email address and a BTCTalk account just to vote on our poll??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:15:17 PM

Option B is impacting the Fibrecoin (Market price) a lot .. just beware of it guys!

Correct!! Option B was the first idea we came up with. It was thrown out because FibreLites impact on Fibre is speculative, Option B's impact is certain.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:17:43 PM

Option B is impacting the Fibrecoin (Market price) a lot .. just beware of it guys!

Correct!! Option B was the first idea we came up with. It was thrown out because FibreLites impact on Fibre is speculative, Option B's impact is certain.

True, choosing option A

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:17:59 PM

Do you have a good whitepaper for the ICO prepared? Thats for me the most important part.
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:19:40 PM

That's the thing with crypto ..

People are ( rightly cautious ) when asked to fund a new project via ICO ..
The developers obviously need funds to pay for development ..
But they can't 'price' the ICO at an adequate level on launch  ..
Investors worry that the devs will run off with the ICO funds etc etc ..  

It's only after the coin has survived the initial trading period and the
devs have delivered some progress on the white/paper roadmap in the OP
that the coin gains traction both by price appreciation and with the crypto community ..

This point of "acceptance" and intial price boost almost always coincides with the need
for additional funding to maintain the development momentum ..
Thus, the coin 'dies' when the funds aren't forthcoming ..
No one 'donates' and the devs can no longer justify the time and financial
commitment to further the development process ..

So, what creative way can we 'incentivize' current FIBRE holders to fund further development ??
Appeals to 'donate' are a waste of time as you've discovered ..

Is there a way to do a secondary offering ( ie  increase the FIBRE coin supply ) without requiring a 'hard fork' ??
Could you/we  do the equivalent of a "rights offering" ie sell a warrant now that would convert into
some number of FIBRE at a future date ??

I think you'll find that people will 'invest' vs 'donate' for the right incentive(s)

To my mind, this is the main development stumbling block for all the alt-coins that
have a shot at challenging BTC and needs to be figured out ..

I'm not a 'coder' so I have no concept of the technical difficulties in 'adjusting' the
float for a crypto currency after launch ..

Triff ..

Please see the above post by Triff. It sums up the issue faced by not only Fibre but by Crypto as a whole.

If you can think of any brilliant solutions please share.

Regards
Killa
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:23:55 PM

Do you have a good whitepaper for the ICO prepared? Thats for me the most important part.

Lol whitepaper!!

We would have 5 road maps around the below subjects.

Adoption

Marketing

Wallet development

Block Chain development

Cloud development

With a trusted Dev team behind it FibreLite could be the biggest IPO since Etherium. Dont you want to be a part of history.

This is speculative! nothing is set in stone. If the community do not want outside investment. Then we will carry on as we are
flogi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:34:11 PM

The poll is confusing people, even myself and frankly getting a bad feeling about all of this now.

I am not sure I am voting for the things I stated in my previous post. In short, if there is a new coin presented that dilutes my current investment, I will exit to a new coin, not just a new one in this community. If the intent was to spur FUD, I think it's starting to work so I would seriously evaluate the majority concerns of the community and especially those with larger investments.

Say you don't care about my investment and you will shore up my feelings.

wnw
shinybars

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:35:12 PM

There is another pair of coins that was quite a different but somewhat similar scenario. Anyway, the original plan was for them to create a new coin and exchange for the current holders of their existing coin. For whatever reason they chose to create the new coin and keep both coins which resulted in the first coin being basically worth nothing. This is not to say that it will change in the future, but as of this moment, I am a bagholder of the original coins. With that stated, the devs and the team of the said coin are good people, with a good "mission" but in my opinion their "vision" was flawed and not well thought out.

Speaking as a Top 20 holder of FIBRE,

SB_

Yin/Yang tried to switch to Harmony - it was a disaster.  But those guys weren't nearly as developed or communicative as the Fibre devs.  So while I see the similarity, I don't think that the instance is analogous.  Still worthy of note though...

I'm not familiar with Yin/Yang but rather am referring to BST/BSTY. If it were my decision I'd focus on Fibre, continue to do good things, create an elite community and not look back. As mentioned before, build value in Fibre as it currently exists and the money that is required to fund things like BlockCypher will come...
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:39:37 PM

Lets see how the vote goes!
Then we can look at the finer details.

This is a very important social experiment we're running here with FIBRE
as it has profound implications as to the mass adoption potential of crypto in general ..

Crypto currency startups are initially funded via IPO/ICO for POS coins or via a pre-mine
in the case of POW coins .. A very few projects are initially self-funded by the dev team or
are lucky enough to have an angel/whale investor willing to underwrite the launch and
initial development of a given project .. The existing funding options require a large dose
of 'trust' from the investors and we've all witnessed/suffered from the potential for fraud and
abuse inherent in the process to date  .. And .. at some point .. they ALL run out of MONEY ..

Perhaps we should focus on the 'end game' to help identify the best funding techniques
to facilitate getting there .. It's easier to see the path if we all have a clear vision of the goal ..
Presumably, we're all trying to create transaction networks that are secure, easy to use, feature
rich, adaptable, self funding, and mass adoptable .. At some point these networks must be self
sustaining or they will ultimately fail and they have to survive in the marketplace long enough
to achieve a "network effect" to attract necessary VC funding to go to the next level ..

Of the options presented in the poll option B makes the most sense to me ..

We have FIBRE ( v1.0 )  with a proven feature set and attributes but need additional funding ..
We 'rebrand' FIBRE ( v1.0 ) via an ICO as FIBRE ( v2.0 ) with all the existing features of FIBRE (v1.0 ) at launch ..
New investors will willing pay a higher market cap for FIBRE ( v2.0 ) because of the existing features at launch ..
Additionally, provide a small financial 'incentive' to existing FIBRE (v1.0 ) holders to 'convert' to FIBRE ( v2.0 ) ..
Rinse and repeat as necessary ( ie ) there may need to be subsequent funding rounds that would
require the creation of a FIBRE ( v3.0 ) and/or FIBRE (v4.0 ) to reach the ultimate  'goal' ..

Just throwing it out there ..

Triff ..

killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:50:20 PM

The poll is confusing people, even myself and frankly getting a bad feeling about all of this now.

I am not sure I am voting for the things I stated in my previous post. In short, if there is a new coin presented that dilutes my current investment, I will exit to a new coin, not just a new one in this community. If the intent was to spur FUD, I think it's starting to work so I would seriously evaluate the majority concerns of the community and especially those with larger investments.

wnw

Are you willing to so easily jump ship? We are having a discussion! I have said many times nothing is set in stone. If the community do not want this then it will not happen.

Also, who said I don't care about your investment. I'm holding Fibre also, I care very much about OUR investment. My investment in Fibre is not just financial but also my time. I have spend hundreds of hours working on Fibre. I have missed out on time with my family to work on Fibre. Im the most invested person out of everyone.
flogi

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:53:58 PM

Are you willing to so easily jump ship? We are having a discussion! I have said many times nothing is set in stone. If the community do not want this then it will not happen.

Also, who said I don't care about your investment. I'm holding Fibre also, I care very much about OUR investment. My investment in Fibre is not just financial but also my time. I have spend hundreds of hours working on Fibre. I have missed out on time with my family to work on Fibre. Im the most invested person out of everyone.

OK, thank you and respect what you are doing. I have just seen this new coin idea before and it's not as simple as it seems. It does and will cause panic and we all want to protect our investments "long term".
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:54:34 PM

wnw

Hey Flogi , it is discussion on funding quickly future development(not only blockcypher but massive marketing strategies and new great developers who cost a lot) to speed up things and get massive exposure earlier

We suggested option a as we think it won`t impact Fibre and can bring only good things

Option b and c are suggested by community, we won`t definitely decide by ourselves

We are continuing our work and aren`t slowing down with anything ,rev2 is just around the corner

charptype

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:08:29 PM

I think if option A wins out this poll and it is the option selected to go forward you can expect many large holders to jump ship. I would love to be part of fibre going forward, but I'll be forced to start looking to unload if option A is ultimately chosen. I get the feeling there are other larger holders who share my current position. Ultimately uncertainty is bad for everyone, and a decision will have to be made. Let's make the right one!

wnw

Hey Flogi , it is discussion on funding quickly future development(not only blockcypher but massive marketing strategies and new great developers who cost a lot) to speed up things and get massive exposure earlier

We suggested option a as we think it won`t impact Fibre and can bring only good things

Option b and c are suggested by community, we won`t definitely decide by ourselves

We are continuing our work and aren`t slowing down with anything ,rev2 is just around the corner

killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:13:15 PM

I think if option A wins out this poll and it is the option selected to go forward you can expect many large holders to jump ship. I would love to be part of fibre going forward, but I'll be forced to start looking to unload if option A is ultimately chosen. I get the feeling there are other larger holders who share my current position. Ultimately uncertainty is bad for everyone, and a decision will have to be made. Let's make the right one!

wnw

I agree!! But talking about jumping ship during this debate is only fueling the uncertainty. I would also have to question your commitment to the cause, due to the fact you are will so easily "jump ship" as you put it.

Its a hard one because our early adopters that have been with us since day one are for option A, but our more recent following we have gained are not.

This will ultimately be a community decision and will shape the future of Fibre. For the best I hope.
oldguy1958

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:21:08 PM

from 60k this coin was pumped, expect to buy a lot cheaper 
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:21:15 PM

wnw

From reading above posts i understand this is Your biggest concern - people will sell some Fibre to buy some FibreLite

As stated before it will be community decision , poll is just suggesting quick funding options

Why is everyone speaking about jumping the ship lol

Fibre development continues very good and poll can doesn`t matter at all if community just doesn`t want it

Head up really Smiley

Still option A is best solution in my opinion

charptype

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:29:13 PM

I am only trying to give my take on the reality of the situation. You've seen enough of me by now to know I've been here for a while. Thus far I have believed in the cause, but I am above all else a disciplined investor and I wont be waiting for my investment to be debased by the creation of a fundraising clone. The more talk of two coins the more the market will hurt in my view at least.

wnw

I agree!! But talking about jumping ship during this debate is only fueling the uncertanty. I would also have to question your commitment to the cause, due to the fact you are will so easily "jump ship" as you put it.
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:39:36 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I wanted to start the funding debate, so that we could come up with a plan. It was not started to cause a split in our community or uncertantiy.

I'm removing the Poll and I would appreciate if this was not discussed further.

I know you wont donate but the donation addresses are in the ANN. The future of Fibre is heavily dependent on Block Cypher as was set out in the Road Map that has been available since 1 week after launch. Transaction mixing and Block Cypher were clearly marked as community funded, we are delivering the Fibre Mixer in Rev2 so no funding is required. We can not develop our own Block Cypher so this will have to be funded, we have been fund raising for 1 month and have raised 1btc.

Development update

Revision 2

Release Date: 18 October

Rev2 is coming along great. Some of you maybe aware that for the most part Rev2 was ready to go. We gave ourself's some time between announcement and release to get our fancy marketing material in place, also to prepare press releases (Which will come out of my own pocket).

Fibre Mixer
We have successfully implemented the Fibre Mixer into the Fibre base source code. It is currently undergoing internal testing, which has been going well. We have an internal date of Saturday the 11th to have it ready for external private Beta testing.

One Wallet To Rule Them All
Our new wallet with switchable TOR support is ready to go and has gone through rigorous internal testing. Private Beta testing will begin on the 11th of October.

Tor support in the Fibre Daemon
The TOR support for the Daemon is ready to go and has been tested successfully. Private Beta testing will begin on the 11th of October.

FibreDark Gateway
The FibreDark gateway is ready to go, external Private Beta testing will begin on the 11th of October.

Regards
Killa
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 04:41:30 PM

Does anyone know how to delete a poll? lol
charptype

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:48:38 PM

Ok fair enough. Sometimes we manage to talk ourselves into a frenzy. Have you set a date when the decision on method of future funding be released?

Does anyone know how to delete a poll? lol
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: