Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:47:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you prefer new features to be Ninja Launched or Announced first?
Ninja - 157 (62.1%)
Announced - 96 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 253

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FIBRE] | 625k | [SuperNET] | FibreDark | FibreLock | FibreGateway | ZeroTrust |  (Read 514886 times)
charptype

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

This is fantastic news! Great way to end the day for Fibre. Very good article that should bring a ton of exposure!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Guys,

We have been lucky enough to attract the attention of the reporters at coin source.

Please see the below article they just published.

http://www.coinssource.com/fibre-the-future-cryptocurrencies-brings-innovation/

I've seen this moment at coinsource before. When BTCD priced 80ksat this resource published the first article about it. After a month BTCD's price mooned to 1200ksat...
The same situation is now and i feel deja vu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
killakem (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 09:20:28 PM

This is fantastic news! Great way to end the day for Fibre. Very good article that should bring a ton of exposure!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Guys,

We have been lucky enough to attract the attention of the reporters at coin source.

Please see the below article they just published.

http://www.coinssource.com/fibre-the-future-cryptocurrencies-brings-innovation/

I've seen this moment at coinsource before. When BTCD priced 80ksat this resource published the first article about it. After a month BTCD's price mooned to 1200ksat...
The same situation is now and i feel deja vu

Yes! Other digital currency's have seen meteoric rises after a CoinSSource article. Lets hope Fibre follows the same pattern.
belibeli

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:28:36 PM

1.   Everything is negotiable.
2.   In the IT business there is never the best in business but businesses that gained traction by repeating deals. It is called the rabbit’s pull.
3.   What if we are not ready for the best in business? What would our options be? Who are the contenders?
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:31:21 PM

On another note!! We have paid 1.5btc for the multipool. Its a lot but there was no one else and it was needed.

Whats left of the premine will not cover this amount! So we will make up the rest our selfs, as we have done many times.

So there is now zero premine left.

Wow nice multipool ill definetly be pointing all my rigs that way.. xpool.ca rocks ive been mining on it for about a month now. is it set up to atuomatically make a donation?
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:39:19 PM

Alright, here I am, one of the "silent" holders who rarely ever says anything. If my post gets drawn out and I begin to ramble on pointlessly on one point, I want to say ahead of time I am sorry... so here we go:

First, my main concern as a miner and even an investor in this coin, what I look at is how much something like another coin is going to effect my initial investment. Like always, there are 2 sides to this coin. The first reason for me NOT to support this is because it could/would draw money off the main investment. On the other hand, seeing how the devs are bootstrapped for money the way it is, they need funds. Clearly, not many donate ( I have donated at little bit, but it is small when you look at the over all costs ).... so that leaves the funding issue. Now, with funds coming in , they could also build onto the original Fibre... and it could help the value.

Most of that above about value is a crap shoot really.... is it something that is worth the risks.... that is something that has to be decided.

You can not hardfork the coin and raise some fibre ... why? Well, main reason being is that many bought into the coin with a set amount of coins minted. To raise the supply would mainly mean more in circulation, causing the coins held currently worth less. Inflation. Never ends well.

At this point, I understand the need for funds. I am also leaning more to agreeing with the new coin BUT.... and this is a STRONG BUT... this has to be carefully thought out.

One thing I was thinking is if it has been decided to launch a new coin with an ICO, that there should be a perk. What kind of perk you ask? Here is one way:

Giving a discount for people who buy into the ICO with fibre. Now that is not to say that all of the ICO should have this option, but a set X amount that can be bought with Fibre.
This can even go into a 3 tiered system, with the bigger discount going to people who have held coins over a certain amount of time ( am not sure if you can verify coin age, but maybe a verifying addresses via the block chain to check this stuff out ), middle one going to the ones who just bought fibre and like to pay it that way or have "newer" coins, and then one for BTC. The BTC one to be set to make sure you still get the funds you need for the ICO. Then have an address with both the fibre and BTC coins... and then you have two pools to dip from, where even the fibre coins used for the ICO can be used on fibre dev.

With that said I need to let it all set in again. The bottom line is that the devs need money to further the coin. Nothing is free. If you all recall none of them have a premine, nor any extra coins that they saved for themselves. The are pretty much starving artists in a way, going broke doing what they love. I the day and age where people are willing to piss away BTC on coins that are just starting out with nothing but promises... I see no reason this ICO could not gain steam. The devs have proven themselves.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:42:33 PM

On another note!! We have paid 1.5btc for the multipool. Its a lot but there was no one else and it was needed.

Whats left of the premine will not cover this amount! So we will make up the rest our selfs, as we have done many times.

So there is now zero premine left.

Wow nice multipool ill definetly be pointing all my rigs that way.. xpool.ca rocks ive been mining on it for about a month now. is it set up to atuomatically make a donation?

Nope, everyone can send as much as they want after getting payout , no need to set any % at multipool

charptype

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

You missed class. Many ideas including the type of discount you proposed have already been circulated in the past day and a half. Let's wait for revision 2 now. If things go well enough funding might no longer be such an issue.

Alright, here I am, one of the "silent" holders who rarely ever says anything. If my post gets drawn out and I begin to ramble on pointlessly on one point, I want to say ahead of time I am sorry... so here we go:

First, my main concern as a miner and even an investor in this coin, what I look at is how much something like another coin is going to effect my initial investment. Like always, there are 2 sides to this coin. The first reason for me NOT to support this is because it could/would draw money off the main investment. On the other hand, seeing how the devs are bootstrapped for money the way it is, they need funds. Clearly, not many donate ( I have donated at little bit, but it is small when you look at the over all costs ).... so that leaves the funding issue. Now, with funds coming in , they could also build onto the original Fibre... and it could help the value.

Most of that above about value is a crap shoot really.... is it something that is worth the risks.... that is something that has to be decided.

You can not hardfork the coin and raise some fibre ... why? Well, main reason being is that many bought into the coin with a set amount of coins minted. To raise the supply would mainly mean more in circulation, causing the coins held currently worth less. Inflation. Never ends well.

At this point, I understand the need for funds. I am also leaning more to agreeing with the new coin BUT.... and this is a STRONG BUT... this has to be carefully thought out.

One thing I was thinking is if it has been decided to launch a new coin with an ICO, that there should be a perk. What kind of perk you ask? Here is one way:

Giving a discount for people who buy into the ICO with fibre. Now that is not to say that all of the ICO should have this option, but a set X amount that can be bought with Fibre.
This can even go into a 3 tiered system, with the bigger discount going to people who have held coins over a certain amount of time ( am not sure if you can verify coin age, but maybe a verifying addresses via the block chain to check this stuff out ), middle one going to the ones who just bought fibre and like to pay it that way or have "newer" coins, and then one for BTC. The BTC one to be set to make sure you still get the funds you need for the ICO. Then have an address with both the fibre and BTC coins... and then you have two pools to dip from, where even the fibre coins used for the ICO can be used on fibre dev.

With that said I need to let it all set in again. The bottom line is that the devs need money to further the coin. Nothing is free. If you all recall none of them have a premine, nor any extra coins that they saved for themselves. The are pretty much starving artists in a way, going broke doing what they love. I the day and age where people are willing to piss away BTC on coins that are just starting out with nothing but promises... I see no reason this ICO could not gain steam. The devs have proven themselves.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:58:06 PM

Let's wait for revision 2 now. If things go well enough funding might no longer be such an issue.

This.  Given the specs of Fibre and the development team rocking things out, there is no reason that Fibre can't rise to its expected market cap.  Then we have a discussion that took place over the past few pages that, in my opinion, is moot.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:59:32 PM

Alright, here I am, one of the "silent" holders who rarely ever says anything

You are great supporter and tester too Smiley

Prepare for Revision 2 saturday testing

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I wanted to start the funding debate, so that we could come up with a plan. It was not started to cause a split in our community or uncertantiy.

I'm removing the Poll and I would appreciate if this was not discussed further.

I know you wont donate but the donation addresses are in the ANN. The future of Fibre is heavily dependent on Block Cypher as was set out in the Road Map that has been available since 1 week after launch. Transaction mixing and Block Cypher were clearly marked as community funded, we are delivering the Fibre Mixer in Rev2 so no funding is required. We can not develop our own Block Cypher so this will have to be funded, we have been fund raising for 1 month and have raised 1btc.

Development update

Revision 2

Release Date: 18 October

Rev2 is coming along great. Some of you maybe aware that for the most part Rev2 was ready to go. We gave ourself's some time between announcement and release to get our fancy marketing material in place, also to prepare press releases (Which will come out of my own pocket).

Fibre Mixer
We have successfully implemented the Fibre Mixer into the Fibre base source code. It is currently undergoing internal testing, which has been going well. We have an internal date of Saturday the 11th to have it ready for external private Beta testing.

One Wallet To Rule Them All
Our new wallet with switchable TOR support is ready to go and has gone through rigorous internal testing. Private Beta testing will begin on the 11th of October.

Tor support in the Fibre Daemon
The TOR support for the Daemon is ready to go and has been tested successfully. Private Beta testing will begin on the 11th of October.

FibreDark Gateway
The FibreDark gateway is ready to go, external Private Beta testing will begin on the 11th of October.

Regards
Killa

CryptShark

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:23:39 PM

Fibre had 650k coins, will multi pool increase the number of coins? The price went down is it because of multipool?
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:46:25 PM

Fibre had 650k coins, will multi pool increase the number of coins? The price went down is it because of multipool?

No mined coins are just exchanged for existing fibre and multipool just launched today that should actually add buy pressure raising the price
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 10:52:16 PM

^^ Correct

Just takes time for the miners to jump on itll!!
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:13:57 PM

Wow.  It is amazing how fast some things can change.  I left a post this morning before I went to work and there was good discussions happening about funding options.  Then it took a turn for the worse as some of you threatened to take your ball and go home if you didn't get your way. 

It looks like the devs put up a poll to try and get some ideas on which way the community was leaning and some of you guys freaked out.  From what I'm reading, the poll was never a final decision on the matter.  I don't think the options have been discussed and refined enough to make a final decision.

I wasn't here when Fibre was launched so correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the plan to launch FibreLite always on the map?  It is on there now.  It's been there since I first visited.  You guys bought into Fibre knowing this and now you don't want it?

The devs have proven that they are capabale of building a great coin and meeting the objectives on the road map.  I still support the idea of a FibreLite. Below is an excerpt of my post this morning.

People are worried about a new coin taking away from the Fibre momentum.  I do not think this should be a true concern.  There are some awesome things going on now and planned for the future.  There is no reason the 2 coins can not coexist.  There are some smaller investors that will not put a lot of funds into a coin that is really high per cost of coin.  They would rather invest in a coin that is 1000sats instead of a coin that is 100,000sats.  Having FibreLite could bring in a new set of investors that Fibre currently is not seeing.

I think the key to having 2 coins work together successfully will be finding a way for the coins to work together but still function differently.  Ideas...

If possible, use both coins in 1 wallet.
Let Fibre run anonymously but FiberLite can only run on the public network.
Possibly integrate an automatic trade engine so someone with fibrelite that wants to make an anon transaction can choose that option and coins can be automatically converted. (edit: This can add some buy pressure)
Could also integrate a stand alone trade engine within the wallet so Fibre and be traded on an exchange for FibreLite and vice versa
Both coins can be used in apps.
Allow one coin to have a benefit that the other coin does not within each app.

I think you get the point.  Im sure the developers can suggest other things since they know more about whats ahead.  There needs to be things that set the coins apart and other things that tie the coins together.  Successfully doing this will ensure both coins are a long term success.

I dont think we have seen a really detailed plan for how Fibre and FibreLite was suppose to work.  There has been speculation and fud without knowing really what is possible and how things can work.  I am certain that these devs can put together a plan that will be enough to set these coins apart yet make them work together at the same time.  This is what I purpose...

Devs, you know the roadmap and future plans better than any of us.  Take a look at all the community ideas and suggestions and build a plan for how you envision Fibre and FibreLite working together with all the wallets, apps, etc...  Give us a solid foundation to discuss/refine and then vote on.  We can vote to keep Fibre how it is and hope enough funds are raised or vote for the Fibre team-up.
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:15:01 PM

You missed class. Many ideas including the type of discount you proposed have already been circulated in the past day and a half. Let's wait for revision 2 now. If things go well enough funding might no longer be such an issue.

Well I dont have time to read upteen pages of stuff IMO. This is the reason why I never respond to anything.

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:17:43 PM

Wow.  It is amazing how fast some things can change.  I left a post this morning before I went to work and there was good discussions happening about funding options.  Then it took a turn for the worse as some of you threatened to take your ball and go home if you didn't get your way. 

It looks like the devs put up a poll to try and get some ideas on which way the community was leaning and some of you guys freaked out.  From what I'm reading, the poll was never a final decision on the matter.  I don't think the options have been discussed and refined enough to make a final decision.

I wasn't here when Fibre was launched so correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the plan to launch FibreLite always on the map?  It is on there now.  It's been there since I first visited.  You guys bought into Fibre knowing this and now you don't want it?

The devs have proven that they are capabale of building a great coin and meeting the objectives on the road map.  I still support the idea of a FibreLite. Below is an excerpt of my post this morning.

People are worried about a new coin taking away from the Fibre momentum.  I do not think this should be a true concern.  There are some awesome things going on now and planned for the future.  There is no reason the 2 coins can not coexist.  There are some smaller investors that will not put a lot of funds into a coin that is really high per cost of coin.  They would rather invest in a coin that is 1000sats instead of a coin that is 100,000sats.  Having FibreLite could bring in a new set of investors that Fibre currently is not seeing.

I think the key to having 2 coins work together successfully will be finding a way for the coins to work together but still function differently.  Ideas...

If possible, use both coins in 1 wallet.
Let Fibre run anonymously but FiberLite can only run on the public network.
Possibly integrate an automatic trade engine so someone with fibrelite that wants to make an anon transaction can choose that option and coins can be automatically converted. (edit: This can add some buy pressure)
Could also integrate a stand alone trade engine within the wallet so Fibre and be traded on an exchange for FibreLite and vice versa
Both coins can be used in apps.
Allow one coin to have a benefit that the other coin does not within each app.

I think you get the point.  Im sure the developers can suggest other things since they know more about whats ahead.  There needs to be things that set the coins apart and other things that tie the coins together.  Successfully doing this will ensure both coins are a long term success.

I dont think we have seen a really detailed plan for how Fibre and FibreLite was suppose to work.  There has been speculation and fud without knowing really what is possible and how things can work.  I am certain that these devs can put together a plan that will be enough to set these coins apart yet make them work together at the same time.  This is what I purpose...

Devs, you know the roadmap and future plans better than any of us.  Take a look at all the community ideas and suggestions and build a plan for how you envision Fibre and FibreLite working together with all the wallets, apps, etc...  Give us a solid foundation to discuss/refine and then vote on.  We can vote to keep Fibre how it is and hope enough funds are raised or vote for the Fibre team-up.

The problem is to make the coins work together most likely will need a hardfork at some point.

Do not get me wrong for a hardfork CAN be good for a coin if it is done for the right reasons, but those reasons are not plenty if you follow what I am saying.

killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 11:33:37 PM

There will be no additional coin

There will be no dilution of Fibre

We will find the funds required through the current method of donations

Lets not have any more discussion on this as people are using it to spread FUD on the troll boxes, going around saying we are abandoning Fibre and starting a new coin

All that took place was a debate on how we can fund block cypher and further development, this has been blown out of proportion

Fibre is one of very few coins that are FUD free, the Fudders have had a field day today! Do not encourage them further

shrekster

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:58:42 PM

Why does it seem like this coin has blown apart in the days I have been away? NOT FUD legitimate question
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:13:22 AM

Why does it seem like this coin has blown apart in the days I have been away? NOT FUD legitimate question

Why does your profile have all those warnings all over it? Legitimate question, not FUD.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:16:43 AM

For the record, I'm buying up a lot more coin today, it will be reflected in the price soon.

wnw

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 12:25:55 AM

For the record, I'm buying up a lot more coin today, it will be reflected in the price soon.

wnw

Me too.........................
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: