Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ProzCoin : Proof of Action (PoA)  (Read 78408 times)
ProzCoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:06:37 PM

Well, the great thing is we planned out the coin distribution to be extremely resistant to the whales.  I won't get into details, but if someone bought up all the Prozcoin that is on the market, they wouldn't own more than 20% of the total coins, thus they can manipulate small pumps and dumps if they so choose, but at this point the community distribution has it so that one person would have to put a tremendous effort into controlling a large percentage of even the 20%.

Part of the logic behind the ICO was that we wanted a legitimate community involved with our coin so that they wouldn't in fact want to just PD it immediately. 

I know that once we REALLY kick our marketing plan into action, everyone will realize that we haven't even started our marketing campaign.  The first Proof of Action block was a test for Proof of Concept, and it worked perfectly.

Now, we can really get the ball rolling. 

Chris

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:52:55 PM

Well, the great thing is we planned out the coin distribution to be extremely resistant to the whales.  I won't get into details, but if someone bought up all the Prozcoin that is on the market, they wouldn't own more than 20% of the total coins, thus they can manipulate small pumps and dumps if they so choose, but at this point the community distribution has it so that one person would have to put a tremendous effort into controlling a large percentage of even the 20%.

Part of the logic behind the ICO was that we wanted a legitimate community involved with our coin so that they wouldn't in fact want to just PD it immediately. 

I know that once we REALLY kick our marketing plan into action, everyone will realize that we haven't even started our marketing campaign.  The first Proof of Action block was a test for Proof of Concept, and it worked perfectly.

Now, we can really get the ball rolling. 

Chris

Seems like there are no more ICO left. Will you able to ask CEX to allow trading earlier or we all have to wait until the 7th?
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:14:55 PM

how about also ask bittrex add us?
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:18:15 PM

hi dev

also how about some bounty for translations?

we need more translations into other languages.

once the bounties are confirmed, I would like to book Polish translation.

this space is intentionally left blank
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:27:02 PM

Seems like there are no more ICO left. Will you able to ask CEX to allow trading earlier or we all have to wait until the 7th?

I have already talked to them, and their main dev should be back this evening.  He has a LOT lined up, so I am not sure if our ICO is at the very top of his list or not, but I have already made sure it will happen as soon as possible.

Chris

ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:27:07 AM

If everyone could please tweet to https://twitter.com/CoinMKTCap/ to get us added and show that we have a strong community.  I would be very gracious.

Chris

HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:57:00 AM

Yes, I've read through it a few times.  I don't argue with any of the content, only the terminology.

Simple Forum Poster: X = Posts Y = Upvotes Z = ...

We came up with the concept/equations months ago.

A concept and equations does not constitute a proof.  We can't independently verify the values of "Posts" and "Upvotes" and "Unique page views" etc so we have to assume these values and simply trust you, the servers collecting the data, the process of handling the data, etc to be honest, correct, and fair about it all.  If any one of these entities fails or is compromised this chain of trust breaks quickly.  It shouldn't even need to exist.

I had a similar exchange with the HYPER developers when they briefly claimed their game servers offered "proof of play."  Once they came to a better understanding of the meaning of the word proof, something I'd hope your team would be intimately familiar with given your backgrounds in academics and sciences, they were reasonable and retracted the claim.

I know you guys are very big on presenting yourselves as exceptionally professional.  Please don't set yourself on a course that will make you seem less professional than the HYPER kids.  Don't call something a proof when you can't offer up a proof.
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:27:56 AM

Yes, I've read through it a few times.  I don't argue with any of the content, only the terminology.

Simple Forum Poster: X = Posts Y = Upvotes Z = ...

We came up with the concept/equations months ago.

A concept and equations does not constitute a proof.  We can't independently verify the values of "Posts" and "Upvotes" and "Unique page views" etc so we have to assume these values and simply trust you, the servers collecting the data, the process of handling the data, etc to be honest, correct, and fair about it all.  If any one of these entities fails or is compromised this chain of trust breaks quickly.  It shouldn't even need to exist.

I had a similar exchange with the HYPER developers when they briefly claimed their game servers offered "proof of play."  Once they came to a better understanding of the meaning of the word proof, something I'd hope your team would be intimately familiar with given your backgrounds in academics and sciences, they were reasonable and retracted the claim.

I know you guys are very big on presenting yourselves as exceptionally professional.  Please don't set yourself on a course that will make you seem less professional than the HYPER kids.  Don't call something a proof when you can't offer up a proof.

You can't keep moving the metric for "proof" after "proof" is offered up and expect to be appeased.  I have offered EVERYTHING you asked for so far, and I am NOT offering out people's e-mails.  That would be absurd and completely contradictory to the point of establishing trust with the community.  The "proof" is of "action" in the sense that yes, we are going to distinguish between "valid" actions and "invalid" actions, but "we" are building the system and "human feedback" will be the metric that determines the quality, and not "us".  So you will have to trust YOURSELVES to vote for quality content, but even then our system will have internal limits set to prevent people from spamming.  This first PoA run was a test of the system to see if it worked, and it did.  We found out definitively that a lot of spam comes from Indonesia and Singapore, but more so we have proven we have a system to make information go viral through REAL people, and we can in turn sell those ad campaigns and pay out in Proz Coin, so we will be paying people in Prozcoin to advertise for many things beyond cryptocurrency.

I have co-authored a paper that was published in a neuroimaging journal.  I know all about showing proof:

The Open Neuroimaging Journal
Bentham Science Publishers
The Timecourse of Activation Within the Cortical Network Associated with Visual Imagery
Sharlene D Newman, Donghoon Lee, and L Christopher Bates

Chris

ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:54:10 AM

I just finished writing this article:

ProtoDynamism: Death of the Middle-man

“In very few instances do people really know what they want, even when they say they do.”

While that quote may sound familiar, it is not the infamous quote by Steve Jobs that is often referenced to allude to the “product first, customer input second” attitude that is a major problem with the profiteering approach to trade.  As the eighth and final part of a series covering the American economy from The Gold Rush to the Crypto Rush, the freedom to expound on the historical trends and postulate on potential scenarios inherently has limitless potential, and simultaneously has the bias of the author as an inescapable lens through which events will be forecast.  In this case, an attempt to remain completely objective about events which have not yet occurred will be an exercise in futility, so we will focus on utopian outcomes with the acknowledgement that the author has a positive outlook for things to come.

As the articles analyzed historic trends to try and draw parallels to modern times, one of the elements that can be demonstrably proven as a common characteristic of both eras is the prevalence of the “middle man” which is defined as:

“A trader who buys from producers and sells to retailers or consumers”. 

Historically, an intermediary was a way to either establish a third party trust system, and a way to generate income for a person or company with exclusive access to products or goods.  While this system on its own works well, in tandem with the unpredictability of human behavior and greed, the process of using intermediaries between a user and a product has caused tremendous drains on the global economy. 
One of the paragons of Keynesian theory, the Nike Corporation have repeatedly disregarded ethics in the name of profit.  While it is well known that Nike continues to use sweatshops to get products at the lowest possible cost to turn around and sell them at the highest possible returns, their lack of ethics does not seem to bother their customer base.  This would seem to fly in the face of all things rational.  This is the nature of the market.  As many capitalism purists defend these practices in the name of the free market, those who study thermo-economics look at the practices of companies like Nike as a problem beyond ethics. 

As the middle man continually drains capital, energy, and trust from an economy, they have the potential to bring entire systems to a screeching halt.  Unfortunately, many executives who understand nothing but the principle of buy low, sell high do not understand long term planning or conservation of energy.  Whether real estate bubbles, stock market bubbles, or Dutch Tulip bubbles, the “buy low, sell high” intermediaries have repeatedly entered markets and drained them of their economic energy just to move on to do the same to a new market. 
As the cycle has repeated many times throughout history, the consumers are finally getting access to new ways to avoid the middle man.  One of the biggest and best examples in recent history was when “Napster” was created to allow person to person file transfers, and thus began the downfall of the entire music distribution industry.  While the fight against person to person file sharing was initially led by Lars Ulrich, other musicians came out in favor of file sharing, and the band Radiohead even went on to release an album that allowed users to download an album for free or donate.  Many years later, the effect of P2P file sharing on the “middle men” of music distribution is undeniable, as the record industry lost half of its sales over a decade.

What can be gleaned from the Napster phenomenon is that when centralized institutions face person to person alternatives, the centralized institution is usually made to look like the worse option.  As central banks and credit card companies scramble to understand cryptocurrency and how they can try to control it, major developments in the decentralization of currency transfer have been happening.  As central banks rely more and more on government bailouts to exude their control over the commerce of “Keynesian-based” economies, governments that used the middle man approach are running out of funds as well, and cannot perpetuate the shell game.  This is not only a good thing for consumers, it is the perfect storm of centralized debt and consumer lack of trust for centralization. 

The consumers that have been exploited and drained of their economic energy by the centralized banking systems will not likely stay with these centuries old feudal systems when faced with a viable and accessible option.  If capital is able to freely flow around the centralized systems, they will eventually have no capital to perpetuate themselves, as they fundamentally have no concept of producing anything valuable for society. 

With the advent of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations, the entire process of turning an idea into a tangible item gets taken out of the hands of corporations, and the development becomes an intimate exchange between the crowd and the actual developers.  When an idea is presented to the crowd, the ideas that the crowd deems fit get funded.  Kickstarter is one of the most well-known crowd funding sources for start-up projects; but as cryptocurrency takes off teams like Mastercoin, SWARM, and Counterparty have created systems that allow crowd-funding to take on the direct route cutting out the middle man.  As these systems are improved upon to create “trustless” infrastructures where there are safeguards to prevent exploitation within a trade, viable options to centralized banking are closer to reality.

If one looks at the Crypto-Rush objectively, there have been more technological developments within the past six months than there were for the previous three years.  This is perfectly in line with the technology associated with the gold rush, as the first miners were able to easily make money with pick-axes and panhandling, but as the gold became scarce, hydraulic drills and tech more advanced tech became necessary to mine the ore.  Just the same with the influx of pyrite or “fool’s gold” following the gold rush, the “fool’s alts” have made an entire community jaded to the point of throwing out the word “scam” as if it were a common salutation.  In the wild west of Cryptoland, the harsh realities of economic Darwinism coupled with the fantastic possibilities of thermoeconomics have created a machine which I will call a “proto-dynamo”. 

It is important to establish the “Proto-dynamo” as concept that represents an entirely new paradigm of economic infrastructure.  The concept alludes to the “dynamo” which is a machine that uses opposing magnetic forces to efficiently produce/convert energy.  The principle behind the dynamo is to use opposing forces within the same machine to get a consolidated output of energy.  If the new paradigm of “protodynamism” can be represented by an electrical generator, the old paradigm of Keynesian theory can be represented by a meat grinder in which ten pounds of product goes in one side, and six ounces of tasteless sausage comes out the funnel possibly tainted with formaldehyde or some random pesticide that is unpronounceable. 

Since this article is not simply meant to take cheap shots at Keynesian theory, we will continue to delve into the necessity of Proto-dynamism.  As Marshall Mcluhan predicted with his “global village” theory, the growth of mass media has quickly made information extremely accessible to the average individual.  In tandem with an infrastructure that allows crowd-funding to bring ideas to fruition as fast as possible, progress of technology that is useful to society will be able to hit the most efficient point that has ever been recorded.  The Arab Spring has been an actual revolution fueled by technology and information sharing that would not have been possible without the ability to quickly share strings of 140 characters. 

With the ability to share information comes the ability to have shared experiences.  What have been forecasted as digital tribes by Mcluhan are the logical extensions of a globe trying to break free of the archaic and imperialist paradigm of nation-states.
On one hand, the homogenization of the public forum allows a space for shared experience which can facilitate empathy.  On the other hand, a globalized forum necessitates the coexistence of potentially opposed ideologies. 

All that said, the perfect storm of a populace that has little trust for centralized authority and a newfound opportunity for decentralized systems is upon us.  It is impossible to know what tomorrow brings, but if we look at history, we have likely the smartest generation of humans with the most access to capital and information.  From where I am sitting, the future looks pretty awesome.     

Baird Ben

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:28:43 AM

I just finished writing this article:

ProtoDynamism: Death of the Middle-man

“In very few instances do people really know what they want, even when they say they do.”

While that quote may sound familiar, it is not the infamous quote by Steve Jobs that is often referenced to allude to the “product first, customer input second” attitude that is a major problem with the profiteering approach to trade.  As the eighth and final part of a series covering the American economy from The Gold Rush to the Crypto Rush, the freedom to expound on the historical trends and postulate on potential scenarios inherently has limitless potential, and simultaneously has the bias of the author as an inescapable lens through which events will be forecast.  In this case, an attempt to remain completely objective about events which have not yet occurred will be an exercise in futility, so we will focus on utopian outcomes with the acknowledgement that the author has a positive outlook for things to come.

As the articles analyzed historic trends to try and draw parallels to modern times, one of the elements that can be demonstrably proven as a common characteristic of both eras is the prevalence of the “middle man” which is defined as:

“A trader who buys from producers and sells to retailers or consumers”. 

Historically, an intermediary was a way to either establish a third party trust system, and a way to generate income for a person or company with exclusive access to products or goods.  While this system on its own works well, in tandem with the unpredictability of human behavior and greed, the process of using intermediaries between a user and a product has caused tremendous drains on the global economy. 
One of the paragons of Keynesian theory, the Nike Corporation have repeatedly disregarded ethics in the name of profit.  While it is well known that Nike continues to use sweatshops to get products at the lowest possible cost to turn around and sell them at the highest possible returns, their lack of ethics does not seem to bother their customer base.  This would seem to fly in the face of all things rational.  This is the nature of the market.  As many capitalism purists defend these practices in the name of the free market, those who study thermo-economics look at the practices of companies like Nike as a problem beyond ethics. 

As the middle man continually drains capital, energy, and trust from an economy, they have the potential to bring entire systems to a screeching halt.  Unfortunately, many executives who understand nothing but the principle of buy low, sell high do not understand long term planning or conservation of energy.  Whether real estate bubbles, stock market bubbles, or Dutch Tulip bubbles, the “buy low, sell high” intermediaries have repeatedly entered markets and drained them of their economic energy just to move on to do the same to a new market. 
As the cycle has repeated many times throughout history, the consumers are finally getting access to new ways to avoid the middle man.  One of the biggest and best examples in recent history was when “Napster” was created to allow person to person file transfers, and thus began the downfall of the entire music distribution industry.  While the fight against person to person file sharing was initially led by Lars Ulrich, other musicians came out in favor of file sharing, and the band Radiohead even went on to release an album that allowed users to download an album for free or donate.  Many years later, the effect of P2P file sharing on the “middle men” of music distribution is undeniable, as the record industry lost half of its sales over a decade.

What can be gleaned from the Napster phenomenon is that when centralized institutions face person to person alternatives, the centralized institution is usually made to look like the worse option.  As central banks and credit card companies scramble to understand cryptocurrency and how they can try to control it, major developments in the decentralization of currency transfer have been happening.  As central banks rely more and more on government bailouts to exude their control over the commerce of “Keynesian-based” economies, governments that used the middle man approach are running out of funds as well, and cannot perpetuate the shell game.  This is not only a good thing for consumers, it is the perfect storm of centralized debt and consumer lack of trust for centralization. 

The consumers that have been exploited and drained of their economic energy by the centralized banking systems will not likely stay with these centuries old feudal systems when faced with a viable and accessible option.  If capital is able to freely flow around the centralized systems, they will eventually have no capital to perpetuate themselves, as they fundamentally have no concept of producing anything valuable for society. 

With the advent of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations, the entire process of turning an idea into a tangible item gets taken out of the hands of corporations, and the development becomes an intimate exchange between the crowd and the actual developers.  When an idea is presented to the crowd, the ideas that the crowd deems fit get funded.  Kickstarter is one of the most well-known crowd funding sources for start-up projects; but as cryptocurrency takes off teams like Mastercoin, SWARM, and Counterparty have created systems that allow crowd-funding to take on the direct route cutting out the middle man.  As these systems are improved upon to create “trustless” infrastructures where there are safeguards to prevent exploitation within a trade, viable options to centralized banking are closer to reality.

If one looks at the Crypto-Rush objectively, there have been more technological developments within the past six months than there were for the previous three years.  This is perfectly in line with the technology associated with the gold rush, as the first miners were able to easily make money with pick-axes and panhandling, but as the gold became scarce, hydraulic drills and tech more advanced tech became necessary to mine the ore.  Just the same with the influx of pyrite or “fool’s gold” following the gold rush, the “fool’s alts” have made an entire community jaded to the point of throwing out the word “scam” as if it were a common salutation.  In the wild west of Cryptoland, the harsh realities of economic Darwinism coupled with the fantastic possibilities of thermoeconomics have created a machine which I will call a “proto-dynamo”. 

It is important to establish the “Proto-dynamo” as concept that represents an entirely new paradigm of economic infrastructure.  The concept alludes to the “dynamo” which is a machine that uses opposing magnetic forces to efficiently produce/convert energy.  The principle behind the dynamo is to use opposing forces within the same machine to get a consolidated output of energy.  If the new paradigm of “protodynamism” can be represented by an electrical generator, the old paradigm of Keynesian theory can be represented by a meat grinder in which ten pounds of product goes in one side, and six ounces of tasteless sausage comes out the funnel possibly tainted with formaldehyde or some random pesticide that is unpronounceable. 

Since this article is not simply meant to take cheap shots at Keynesian theory, we will continue to delve into the necessity of Proto-dynamism.  As Marshall Mcluhan predicted with his “global village” theory, the growth of mass media has quickly made information extremely accessible to the average individual.  In tandem with an infrastructure that allows crowd-funding to bring ideas to fruition as fast as possible, progress of technology that is useful to society will be able to hit the most efficient point that has ever been recorded.  The Arab Spring has been an actual revolution fueled by technology and information sharing that would not have been possible without the ability to quickly share strings of 140 characters. 

With the ability to share information comes the ability to have shared experiences.  What have been forecasted as digital tribes by Mcluhan are the logical extensions of a globe trying to break free of the archaic and imperialist paradigm of nation-states.
On one hand, the homogenization of the public forum allows a space for shared experience which can facilitate empathy.  On the other hand, a globalized forum necessitates the coexistence of potentially opposed ideologies. 

All that said, the perfect storm of a populace that has little trust for centralized authority and a newfound opportunity for decentralized systems is upon us.  It is impossible to know what tomorrow brings, but if we look at history, we have likely the smartest generation of humans with the most access to capital and information.  From where I am sitting, the future looks pretty awesome.     

Very impressive!The concept of POA is quite interesting.I will follow this project,hope we can trade our coins as soon as possible,i want to buy more
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:53:41 AM

Very impressive!The concept of POA is quite interesting.I will follow this project,hope we can trade our coins as soon as possible,i want to buy more

Thank you sir!  As soon as c-cex developer gets to it, trading will be open.

Chris

ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:07:47 AM

Fair distribution model? no
Whale owned coin? yes
Smells like the PayProCoin dev is involved, Darren? Chris? Darren? Chris?
Anything altcoinagent promotes turns to shit.
This scam is already overpriced just with small artificial buy walls (which is obviously whale gameplay)

I see no proof whatsoever that the "Coin Proz Team" is legit. Prove to us all that they indeed are working on this coin and the guy behind this account is also, then I will shut up.

Thank you.

You can easily verify everything if you put a little effort into it.  I have no idea about the Paypro team, and everything that has "Pro" in it isn't related to us.  If you want to video chat, we can do it right now.  If you think it's a "whale owned coin" you haven't looked into the distribution whatsoever.  

Chris

xiaosu

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:56:01 AM

wow,all the ico coins have sold out...am i too late?i just want to start trading for i can buy some!
prospecta

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:55:08 AM

So instead of all the articles, when does trading commence and the coins I sent to C-Cex days ago from Omniwallet finally appear.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:01:39 AM

So instead of all the articles, when does trading commence and the coins I sent to C-Cex days ago from Omniwallet finally appear.

be patient.

time will tell us and add value on proz.

but we really should ask bittrex add this promising coin.
diks
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1450

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:04:43 AM

guys
sorry for my question))

i completed "Proof of Aktion"

how i will have to tell my wallet address ?

thk

binyao

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:33:12 AM

now,the ICO ended, what is the next plan about this coin? is there any roadmap something?
prospecta

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:05:52 AM

be patient.

Frankly I'd rather dump this crap just for all the time wasting, I'd dump for 10 sats and laugh still haha.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:06:48 PM

guys
sorry for my question))

i completed "Proof of Aktion"

how i will have to tell my wallet address ?

thk

You can either get a wallet address at Omniwallet.org or at c-cex.  Payouts won't begin until C-Cex unfreezes everything.

Chris

Wings1987

Activity: 418

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:07:21 PM

be patient.

Frankly I'd rather dump this crap just for all the time wasting, I'd dump for 10 sats and laugh still haha.

That will be great. Please do!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: