Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How easy it is to KILL bitcoin.  (Read 12142 times)
inaltoasinistra

Activity: 142
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:59:11 PM

TL;DR.
Is not possible filter traffic between the ISP and the Internet unless you forbid cryptography. It's not possible. It'd freeze the Internet

inaltoasinistra

Activity: 142
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:03:04 PM

And with the processing power available to the governments, this would be a peice of piss.. They could probably do so in a day.
You have to produce the physical chips, money isn't enought. If you spend years/billins to produce them, the community will add a +1 in the hash funcion and you must to start from scratch

Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:09:01 PM

TL;DR.
Is not possible filter traffic between the ISP and the Internet unless you forbid cryptography. It's not possible. It'd freeze the Internet

Sorry dude, I dont think the NSA worry about cryptography..
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:35:46 PM

Fuckin arse..

Use a windows fone and call your telephone provider to help you fix your fone. They can see what you see on your fone as you would. Technology exists today that allows governments to view your screen from behind the wall your screen is against using nothing but the radiated light coming from it.. Those big green masts 300 yards apart all over the uk can read this, they are'nt only there just to help with the tetra..
What good is Tor now?
 I'll say it again.. FUCKIN ARSE!! yeah, I'm refering to YOU

yes they are watching you and listening to you... and recording everything you do.. shhhh don't tell anyone.. be careful they are coming for you... better hide all that crack in a condom and swallow it so they dont find it LOLZ

they were watching snowden too.. still didn't manage to stop him leaving the country with all their secrets though.

or was that another masonic world domination plot

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:14:46 PM

I suggest you spend a little time researching Snowden. I think you'll find your statement quite false.

pening

Activity: 245

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:57:23 PM

TL;DR.

Well, since Bitcoin doesn't currently encrypt, it is extremely vulnerable to being blocked at ISP level.  Even encrypted you could block traffic to known Bitcoin nodes, or probably recognise a signature of the Bitcoin network to block.  This would require national legislation to act, and its not very likely, but it is a threat that seems too easily dismissed.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:02:49 PM

TL;DR.

Well, since Bitcoin doesn't currently encrypt, it is extremely vulnerable to being blocked at ISP level.  Even encrypted you could block traffic to known Bitcoin nodes, or probably recognise a signature of the Bitcoin network to block.  This would require national legislation to act, and its not very likely, but it is a threat that seems too easily dismissed.

Nah.  If legislators wanted to ban bitcoin they could just ban merchants from accepting it.
Much easier.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:06:28 PM

Prove it, kill bitcoin. I double dog dare you.  Grin
I read a lot of posts that claim a way to "kill" bitcoin.  What I don't see is it happening.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:08:31 PM

just ask this guy..  Grin 

TL;DR.

I'd think with all the privacy concerns these days it would be very hard to make something like this happen.  Not saying it isn't possible and don't even really grasp the technical intricacies of it but I'd imagine this would require some major changes in the privacy laws.  Don't see something like that happening anytime soon or ever.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:11:21 PM

Bitcoin may kill itself in about 200 days or sooner. With the relentless rise in difficulty within 200 days it will be impossible to mine for profit no matter who you are or how much hashing power you have. The cost of electricity will exceed the revenue generated by the machines. If the price of bitcoin stays at $600 this mining collapse will happen at around 40 billion difficulty level. People with higher electricity rates will be forced to bail out first. Mainly people on the west coast. The only way to forestall this is for bitcoin to double in value or some people have to stop mining so the difficulty can drop. Now if the value of bitcoin drops to low the mining catastrophe will occur sooner. As of this writing it is down to $492. We need to either stop mining or up the price.

The possible good news as we approach the tipping point bitcoin will be so hard to mine that it will hopefully make it go up again. Who knows what will happen. I would love to hear what other people think about this scenario.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:18:13 PM

Bitcoin may kill itself in about 200 days or sooner. With the relentless rise in difficulty within 200 days it will be impossible to mine for profit no matter who you are or how much hashing power you have. The cost of electricity will exceed the revenue generated by the machines. If the price of bitcoin stays at $600 this mining collapse will happen at around 40 billion difficulty level. People with higher electricity rates will be forced to bail out first. Mainly people on the west coast. The only way to forestall this is for bitcoin to double in value or some people have to stop mining so the difficulty can drop. Now if the value of bitcoin drops to low the mining catastrophe will occur sooner. As of this writing it is down to $492. We need to either stop mining or up the price.

The possible good news as we approach the tipping point bitcoin will be so hard to mine that it will hopefully make it go up again. Who knows what will happen. I would love to hear what other people think about this scenario.
What you are describing is how bitcoin is supposed to work. When supply does not support the price of mining new coins, then mining subsides. It's a lot like mining gold. Gold mines shut down for decades when supply is met. When the price goes up they start mining again. In bitcoin this will be the case for many years.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:09:38 PM

Why are troll threads allowed to get this long?

In WWII the resistance passed messages written on scraps of paper to cells all across multiple nations because they were motivated.

The internet is unnecessary for Bitcoin to work as long as highly motivated people with some kind of computing devise at home are willing to keep it alive. The blockchain can be passed around on a flash drive.

pening

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:24:21 PM

I'd think with all the privacy concerns these days it would be very hard to make something like this happen.  Not saying it isn't possible and don't even really grasp the technical intricacies of it but I'd imagine this would require some major changes in the privacy laws.  Don't see something like that happening anytime soon or ever.

It already happens.  Most ISPs will give certain traffic priority over others, throttle it to create premium un-throttled services, or just manage bandwidth capacity.  Its called traffic shaping, and its executed without legislation, just commercial decisions.  
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:27:48 PM

Fuckin arse..

Use a windows fone and call your telephone provider to help you fix your fone. They can see what you see on your fone as you would. Technology exists today that allows governments to view your screen from behind the wall your screen is against using nothing but the radiated light coming from it.. Those big green masts 300 yards apart all over the uk can read this, they are'nt only there just to help with the tetra..
What good is Tor now?
 I'll say it again.. FUCKIN ARSE!! yeah, I'm refering to YOU

yes they are watching you and listening to you... and recording everything you do.. shhhh don't tell anyone.. be careful they are coming for you... better hide all that crack in a condom and swallow it so they dont find it LOLZ

they were watching snowden too.. still didn't manage to stop him leaving the country with all their secrets though.

or was that another masonic world domination plot

Shut it GOY
pening

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:36:12 PM

The internet is unnecessary for Bitcoin to work as long as highly motivated people with some kind of computing devise at home are willing to keep it alive. The blockchain can be passed around on a flash drive.

What use is the blockchain on a USB if it takes days or weeks to receive it?  I can only verify a payment if i have an upto date version. If i cant verify a payment, i cant trust it...
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:54:14 PM

I suggest you spend a little time researching Snowden. I think you'll find your statement quite false.

Nah, I dont follow traitors, sooner they are forgotten the better.. @ least if the world focus's on this traitor, they're leaving the murdering to continue whith ZERO accountability.. it is marvelous in their eye's..

Who remembers how 300 ps3's were used to hack https security of major companies? Not hack as in malicious, but a test to prove the processing power of a few cpu's? This is equal to the first calculator compared to some of the equipment we know nothing of. All you need to crack ANY security in a day, is processing power.. I have no doubt if the gov wanted to, they could (if not doing so already) use all of our processors just as seti does. This would of course require certain commands embeded in the processor, perhaps placed in the same place the cpu kill command resides..?

Why have a cpu kill switch if you know that processor is 99% guaranteed to be behind a firewall/network/switch, if you could'nt access it? Every processor has this switch with an idividual ID, the code that can kill it.

All emplyee's only get to see what they are allowed to see.. who said these files were nothing more than the usa saying, ok, we cant get away with this much longer, because it is all being recorded by data miners.. so we'll use snowden as we use rt, get them to drip it slowly.. broadcast the truth.. piss off the peacfull protestors.. not the gun totters.. off course, when most folks see it, they think it's news, but because they already knew these FACTS, just not the details..

Nice way to emigrate though Wink

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:59:15 PM

What use is the blockchain on a USB if it takes days or weeks to receive it?  I can only verify a payment if i have an upto date version. If i cant verify a payment, i cant trust it...

1. good point.. damn good point..

2. You dont verify a payment, just collect.. Yeah I know the app is verifying the blocks hash's.. but how 'cant' you trust it? Verify the payment by looking at blockchain using senders address, wether your synced or not, it should still show in the blockchain even though you have yet to receive it?
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:15:44 PM

If you control root server you control whole internet. Thats why N S A can do everything which is internet based on.
pening

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:31:46 PM

1. good point.. damn good point..

2. You dont verify a payment, just collect.. Yeah I know the app is verifying the blocks hash's.. but how 'cant' you trust it? Verify the payment by looking at blockchain using senders address, wether your synced or not, it should still show in the blockchain even though you have yet to receive it?

I cant verify a payment against an out of date, offline blockchain.  How do i know it hasn't been spent since the last entry i have recorded?  Someone can roll around the country infront of the USB drive spending the same bitcoin address  over and over.

People talk about the current confirmation cycle being too slow for widespread adoption.  Offline blockchain is antithesis of bitcoin.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:19:59 AM

I heard that Jeff is going to launch some bitcoin satellites so that even all the ISP is blocking bitcoin you still have full nodes in outerspace.

Finland is already deploying radio based bitcoin nodes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: