Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:44:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How easy it is to KILL bitcoin.  (Read 12141 times)
silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:28:01 AM

Send BTC to a new address, then send the private key, encrypted to the recipient. Perhaps encoded in a picture (steganography)

Scan the private key, encode it, turn it into a qr code, send via mobile phone.

phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:25:54 AM

Sorry dude, I dont think the NSA worry about cryptography..

I suggest you spend a little time researching Snowden. I think you'll find your statement quite false.

Nah, I dont follow traitors, sooner they are forgotten the better.. @ least if the world focus's on this traitor, they're leaving the murdering to continue whith ZERO accountability.. it is marvelous in their eye's..

By classifying him as a traitor, you are admitting that he is a legitimate whistle-blower that knows of what he speaks. The NSA has been undermining cryptography standards for a least 10 years. The reason is that cryptography works. It has been easier for them to make sure that it is poorly implemented; or not used at all.

You mentioned the PS3 up-thread. That was the second personal computer sold to the general public that was classified as a munition. They had initially changed the definition of super computer to mean an machine that can operate at 500Gflops/s from the old level of 1Gflop/s broken my the dual core Apple G4 tower.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
annoyingorange

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:41:53 AM

learn how mining works, and come back again.
TheTruth4

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:04:04 AM

"Or I could just look at the block chain for address's, write any address found there into my fresh wallet, and take all, using that dns redirect.."

Um, no you couldn't. In any case, the governments of the world will simply adapt to the new paradigm. Plenty of innovations have historically threatened government powers, and in every case, they just adapt.
unexecuted

Activity: 175

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:09:42 AM

I would honestly like to know if any of this is legit. I always thought the only major threat to Bitcoin was a huge entity that can print a trillion dollar bill taking over hashing power. Of course that wouldn't kill the concept of crypto.
unexecuted

Activity: 175

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

This post didn't mention vpn, which I understand to not be viewable by your isp. No way every country gets on board with this plan, so you could connect to a proxy in a nonconformist country, etc. Am I missing something here?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:15:10 AM

I suggest you spend a little time researching Snowden. I think you'll find your statement quite false.

Nah, I dont follow traitors, sooner they are forgotten the better..

Love him or hate him, his words carry weight. Unlike yours dicksperiment. Cheesy

CoolBliss

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:17:55 AM

This post didn't mention vpn, which I understand to not be viewable by your isp. No way every country gets on board with this plan, so you could connect to a proxy in a nonconformist country, etc. Am I missing something here?

If your on a VPN your ISP knows your IP and that your traffic is going to the server but unable to determine what traffic is what as it is fully encrypted. They cant just drop random packets as that would obviously be futile.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:55:05 AM

The exchanges are already killing Bitcoin.  Look at MtGox. 

Now the current rumour is that a lot of exchanges are engaging in FRB.  If an exchange has 100K Bitcoin in reserves then they can issue out 1 million Bitcoin and it works as many people keep their wallets on exchange profiles.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:17:55 AM

Send BTC to a new address, then send the private key, encrypted to the recipient. Perhaps encoded in a picture (steganography)

Scan the private key, encode it, turn it into a qr code, send via mobile phone.

In order to bypass censors at ISPs, it would probably make more sense to generate and sign the transaction, then encode it into an image, all offline and then just post the image to a website.  A node in a freer part of the world could then ensure that it gets propagated on the network.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:37:44 AM

Bitcoin may kill itself in about 200 days or sooner. With the relentless rise in difficulty within 200 days it will be impossible to mine for profit no matter who you are or how much hashing power you have. The cost of electricity will exceed the revenue generated by the machines. If the price of bitcoin stays at $600 this mining collapse will happen at around 40 billion difficulty level. People with higher electricity rates will be forced to bail out first. Mainly people on the west coast. The only way to forestall this is for bitcoin to double in value or some people have to stop mining so the difficulty can drop. Now if the value of bitcoin drops to low the mining catastrophe will occur sooner. As of this writing it is down to $492. We need to either stop mining or up the price.

The possible good news as we approach the tipping point bitcoin will be so hard to mine that it will hopefully make it go up again. Who knows what will happen. I would love to hear what other people think about this scenario.

This is a very interesting point, something I believe I kinda mentioned in my first posts on this site, that it was unprofitable due to price of electricity.. Good comments here 4 sure.. and if people dont up the amount given to either u or mbtc, count most of the people on the planet out, since no-one can afford them.. and if bitcoin goes, so will al other crypto-currencies.. through a well deserved lack of trust.. I'm not flogging the good guys who have zero negative reputation in dealing these btc, but the majority who are rippin folks off from delaying payments to out right stealing btc.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:26:35 PM

You cannot "kill" Bitcoin. It's literally impossible. You can however harm it by 51% attack for a limited period of time.
Wonka

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:32:46 PM

You cannot "kill" Bitcoin. It's literally impossible. You can however harm it by 51% attack for a limited period of time.

Well you could maybe find alternative ways to damage it. Wouldn't a 51% attack kill bitcoin if it was sustained?
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:36:22 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 12:58:34 PM by Decksperiment

Nah, I dont follow traitors, sooner they are forgotten the better.. @ least if the world focus's on this traitor, they're leaving the murdering to continue whith ZERO accountability.. it is marvelous in their eye's..

By classifying him as a traitor, you are admitting that he is a legitimate whistle-blower that knows of what he speaks. The NSA has been undermining cryptography standards for a least 10 years. The reason is that cryptography works. It has been easier for them to make sure that it is poorly implemented; or not used at all.

You mentioned the PS3 up-thread. That was the second personal computer sold to the general public that was classified as a munition. They had initially changed the definition of super computer to mean an machine that can operate at 500Gflops/s from the old level of 1Gflop/s broken my the dual core Apple G4 tower.

Dude, kindly stop trying to claim I think like you. I never admitted anything about him being a whistle blower.. I say he is a traitor.. he turned his back on his fellow countrymen and ran. Everyone knows facebook is a spy, as is a plethora of websites we visit daily, we know we are spied on with every site we visit. We know all calls are recorded, (read the small print) do we care? NO. Do you care that now your account is in the hands of what others may call an enemy of the state? No. Security of your country is dependand on your gov having the possibility of prevention of harm to YOUR society, cause you just as I are inept at defending WHAT was recorded. It's like, yeah the NSA wont steal our goodies from our bank.. who says an enemy of the state wont? He accepted his position, accepted the wages, and responsibility. He fucked a few women he would have never got if he was on the dole.. When he finds russia or wherever he ends up does the exact same thing, will he do same?

He is a traitor who should be shot in the direction he ran, he can either turn around and be shot in the face or continue and be shot in the back, our security guys dont care, he fucked up, being the coward he is.

Edit: If WW3 was a conventional war, and we were called up to serve our country, would you serve?

If so, you'd let this sneaky little rat away with what he did if he ended up in front of your gun?

The reason I ask this is because it's clear to me that if you choose to serve, you accept that you may have to kill those about to kill you. Many of these 'enemies' have no qualms with you, yet by your claims, you'd let him off?

Final edit: Just for you. My m8 just said, and I quote.. To the rich, it's whistle blowing, to the poor, he's a fuckin grass.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:45:36 PM

Well you could maybe find alternative ways to damage it. Wouldn't a 51% attack kill bitcoin if it was sustained?
No you cannot find alternative ways. If there would be any, they would be already found, because code is open source. 51% is literally the only way.
It would paralyse it for a moment. It is not possible to sustain it long term. It could damage the price, but not the protocol itself. Protocol is all that matters.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:17:01 PM

Edward Snowden is a whistleblower hero.

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:38:56 PM

Edward Snowden is a whistleblower hero.

Lol.. What he has to do with bitcoin is anyones guess..
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:23:21 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 03:09:36 PM by phillipsjk

By classifying him as a traitor, you are admitting that he is a legitimate whistle-blower that knows of what he speaks.

Dude, kindly stop trying to claim I think like you. I never admitted anything about him being a whistle blower..
That does not make it not true. If he did not disclose legitimate secrets (possibly as some type of false-flag operation), then logically, he is not a traitor.

In my country, it is possible to be both a traitor and hero.

Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:14:55 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 04:56:07 PM by Decksperiment

By classifying him as a traitor, you are admitting that he is a legitimate whistle-blower that knows of what he speaks.

Dude, kindly stop trying to claim I think like you. I never admitted anything about him being a whistle blower..
That does not make it not true. If he did not disclose legitimate secrets (possibly as some type of false-flag operation), then logically, he is not a traitor.

In my country, it is possible to be both a traitor and hero.

Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in.

Well dude, I have to admit, to state online that I said something that in fact YOU said, means git tae fuck ya bam, ur a fuckin twat, he's a traitor end of, dont try convincing ANYONE i said otherwise, fuckin loony

If you want me to stand up for what I believe in, pay my fare to his location and I'll solve the fuckin problem!!!

Edit: Ok, apologies for how I come across to you, but being Scottish, I h8 anyone using the english language, trying to tell me what I said knowing I did'nt, please accept my apologies..?

And it does not escape the fact, that in jail, he's quite simply a theif and a grass..
dompsairs

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:17:03 PM

Kim Dotcom is making it's own internet and he is pro-bitcoin anti-nsa. There.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: