Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:42:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How easy it is to KILL bitcoin.  (Read 12142 times)
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:58:43 PM

there is one thing that bothers me, once mining become useless, all that computing power most likely will be trying to find private keys to our wallets

This would be a complete waste of time and energy as mining ASICs don't do this calculation.

Yep, two different algorithms.  Mining uses the SHA256 hashing algorithm while transactions are validated with the ECDSA digital signature algorithm.
Even if ASICs were able to check random private keys to attempt to locate any public key that ever has had a positive balance then the amount of energy required to find even one private key that meets this criteria would be enormous. It would literately take centuries if all of the sun's energy was used with the most efficient machine possible.
Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:30:20 PM

Actually the best way to kill it or kill it off, is to leave it to the devs..

I know of 3 bugs in the origional bitcoin application, that, despite countless updates, resemble battlefield bad company. See, I cant understand why with so many updates, the bugs people actually WANT removed are allowed to stay, "but we'll add this n that, creating more bugs people can complain about that we know we can fix" - Yeah.. How many changes were made to our wallet's? My lass has 600 bitcoins in her origional wallet, yet she has to install how many different versions BEFORE she can get to use them? Instant? Yeah, after 5 years of re-downloading blockchains before she can do whatever.. and that's of course if she can find every version of bitcoin that had changes made by people who are nothing to do with bitcoin, other than pretending satochi was the bitcoin creator..

Bitcoin app still closes when it wants. Runaway exception's causing whatever we have downloaded of the blockchain to be ruined, so start again.. and again.. how long will it take to download the blockchain in 5 years time?

Fact is, the app itself 'appears' to have zero or miniscule changes, yet how many versions of bitcoin app have been released?

Leave it to the devs.. since they probably own over 60% and wont part with them. Then there's the looming governmental controls.. it's bad enough trying to obtain bitcoins without wondering if they are worth anything at all in the real world, instead of purchasing power that gets ya 10 grands worth of pc that wont be worth half in the next year..

Look at all them faucets.. the fact they tell lies on their first page is enough to put any sensible person off them. Then ya get the stealthepixels scam of, visit next site to be paid instantly.. do you get paid instantly? NO. Conned again by a bitcoin dev.

Think I'm wrong?

75% of the world has NEVER heard of bitcoin, never mind used a computer.

Go on devs.. keep your bitcoins, cause if you think they are worth it, 75% of the world will be like, eh?
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:34:46 PM

You sound like you want to hate Bitcoin, even after people have proven your hypothesis can't work.

Where are the bug reports you're talking about? Do you have links to GitHub?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:39:41 PM

Reading all that just gave me a headache... brb coffee...

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:42:31 PM

I know of 3 bugs in the origional bitcoin application, that, despite countless updates, resemble battlefield bad company. See, I cant understand why with so many updates, the bugs people actually WANT removed are allowed to stay, "but we'll add this n that, creating more bugs people can complain about that we know we can fix" - Yeah.. How many changes were made to our wallet's? My lass has 600 bitcoins in her origional wallet, yet she has to install how many different versions BEFORE she can get to use them? Instant? Yeah, after 5 years of re-downloading blockchains before she can do whatever.. and that's of course if she can find every version of bitcoin that had changes made by people who are nothing to do with bitcoin, other than pretending satochi was the bitcoin creator..

Bitcoin app still closes when it wants. Runaway exception's causing whatever we have downloaded of the blockchain to be ruined, so start again.. and again.. how long will it take to download the blockchain in 5 years time?

Fact is, the app itself 'appears' to have zero or miniscule changes, yet how many versions of bitcoin app have been released?

Leave it to the devs.. since they probably own over 60% and wont part with them. Then there's the looming governmental controls.. it's bad enough trying to obtain bitcoins without wondering if they are worth anything at all in the real world, instead of purchasing power that gets ya 10 grands worth of pc that wont be worth half in the next year..

Look at all them faucets.. the fact they tell lies on their first page is enough to put any sensible person off them. Then ya get the stealthepixels scam of, visit next site to be paid instantly.. do you get paid instantly? NO. Conned again by a bitcoin dev.

Think I'm wrong?

Go on devs.. keep your bitcoins, cause if you think they are worth it, 75% of the world will be like, eh?

So remind us again of your contributions to Bitcoin?

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:46:51 PM

You sound like you want to hate Bitcoin, even after people have proven your hypothesis can't work.

Where are the bug reports you're talking about? Do you have links to GitHub?

No-one has proven anything of whatever hypothesis, however they have THOUGHT and SPOKEN of that which they have yet to prove, has my hypothesis been tested? YES.

And it IS possible.

I am not a bitcoin hater, I am a hater of bitcoin HOLDERS and DEVS/WEBMASTERS, I mean, look at how shit there site's actually are, all the same adverts, from the same folks visiting the same folks, just reading this forum proves that.. who in their right mind would get involved in this kinda shite.. the devs should kill all those sites just to clean bitcoin's reputation up, cause everyone I know say's.. fuck that..

Bug reports? Check google, thousands of results, no fix's.. and yes, the top 2 I mentioned.. have still not been fixed..

Fuck bug reports, if they cant make software that is bug free, then they aint worth shit..

Why is apple still the best for quality? (though quickly declining since they no longer have a job lol)

They tested extensively before releasing anything.. that obviously went pair shaped with the intro of intel..

Yup, leave it to the devs..

R2D221

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:54:39 PM

I am not a bitcoin hater, I am a hater of bitcoin HOLDERS and DEVS/WEBMASTERS,

Isn't that an ad hominem attack?

Bug reports? Check google, thousands of results, no fix's.. and yes, the top 2 I mentioned.. have still not been fixed..

You're the one complaining. You're the one who need to provide the links to the bug reports.

Fuck bug reports, if they cant make software that is bug free, then they aint worth shit..

Please show me a piece of software that is bug free.

Why is Apple still the best for quality? (though quickly declining since they no longer have a job lol)

Apple is a company. There's no company behind Bitcoin, just volunteers. Maybe instead of complaining, you could volunteer yourself. (Stating that Bitcoin is doomed is contributing nothing to its code.)

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:07:54 PM

You're the one complaining. You're the one who need to provide the links to the bug reports.

Please show me a piece of software that is bug free.

Why is Apple still the best for quality? (though quickly declining since they no longer have a job lol)

Apple is a company. There's no company behind Bitcoin, just volunteers. Maybe instead of complaining, you could volunteer yourself. (Stating that Bitcoin is doomed is contributing nothing to its code.)

1. So be it.
2. I'm not complaining, I'm stating a fact or two. Bitcoin closing of it's own accord.. you say I need to..? No, I do not NEED anything, and if they want reports, they can pay for them.. I'm just pointing out what is WRONG with bitcoin.
3. Reaver 1.7 (private)
4. I know apple is a company.. Ok, hows about I become a volunteer for quality control, any bugs, and the devs are sacked.. oh, wait, you cant sack a volunteer now can ya?

And I've never stated bitcoin is doomed.

With regards to running two seperate blockchains and sending a 'found' block from one blockchain to the other which 'finds' it, and hence integrates it.. peice of piss..

Now who can tell if a correctly hashed block is from another blockchain? No-one.. And with the right timing, an entire blockchain can be replaced, so what if the users reject it, since it is now the latest one, so to speak, who can do what?
R2D221

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:28:06 PM

1. So be it.

Alright then. This means arguing with you makes no sense.

X7
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:30:45 PM

1. So be it.

Saw that about 15 minutes ago... lol

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

With regards to running two seperate blockchains and sending a 'found' block from one blockchain to the other which 'finds' it, and hence integrates it.. peice of piss..

Now who can tell if a correctly hashed block is from another blockchain? No-one.. And with the right timing, an entire blockchain can be replaced, so what if the users reject it, since it is now the latest one, so to speak, who can do what?

The hash must form a chain from the previous block.

Are you saying the alt blockchain is identical?

Bubbles06

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:44:56 PM

Think I'm wrong?

The devs don't own very many Bitcoins. Gavin doesn't at least. And Jeff Garzik revealed he only had like 300.

Wumpus or Sipa might a nice stash, but no where near this 60% number you speak of.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:16:46 PM

1. So be it.

No, it means your so far behind me I that I aint got time to wait for you..

The simple fact is, how can bitcoin be instant when it is in fact not? Ultimatly people have to wait however long for whatever before you can obtain the luxury. And the USA/British empire will be long gone before most will part with enough bitcoins to make them anything like economically viable.. and those with the most are as clearly involved in the control of bitcoin by being thus, and since majority rule is still a natural fact, and the majority of the planet DONT have anywhere near either A: the equipment to mine, or B:the money to get anything of any sensible value that can actually be spent. Hence how bitcoin can be killed, it is a self consuming organism getting smaller and smaller as the consumption for it's creation gains momentum, whilst holders doin nothing for anyone other than a minority, ie, themselves.

I'll kill bitcoin just by stating so.

Psst, was'nt me Smiley
X7
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:26:40 PM

While everyone is busy being right and fighting trivial points, we know the code has flaws, we know it needs to be fixed and worked on, we know it is in it's infancy and this will take time and dedication...

So how about we all just take a step back - Ignore all the FUD, realize that we finally have a way to legally circumvent the domination the banking world has had over us for a long.. long time... fucking +1 in my book.  Grin Cheesy

imBLACKjack

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:43:40 PM

Think I'm wrong?

You are mistaken as to how bitcoin works. You don't need any of the blockchain to spend it. All you need is the private keys, and to know which inputs you want to spend and a way to broadcast your TX to the network.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:50:31 PM

While everyone is busy being right and fighting trivial points, we know the code has flaws, we know it needs to be fixed and worked on, we know it is in it's infancy and this will take time and dedication...

So how about we all just take a step back - Ignore all the FUD, realize that we finally have a way to legally circumvent the domination the banking world has had over us for a long.. long time... fucking +1 in my book.  Grin Cheesy

If by infancy you mean it is young, fair does, but it's half way through the mining process.. just look at the power needed just to get the rest, never mind the extra power required by the many who just cant get the app to sync.. funny how movies download ok.. apart from the throttling by isp's.. another weakness.. but if the majority cant get them, then it's a short lived dream, it's only an act of appearing un-circumventible which in fact is a false staement, since I could come up with a thousand ways of thinking out how to, but I said it before, and I'll say it again, I dont hate bitcoin, just the hassle it brings, and the fact as a friend said tonight whilst pulling a 50 out his pocket, can you do that? (ok, rich kunts can lol)

The whole point of this thread was to find a way to show how bitcoin can be killed.. you dont need science to do it.. just the knowledge of how hoarders live Wink

And most of us know nothing of the banks 'hold' over us.. we've either got money or not. What banks do with it is allowed by the person placing trust in them. My hold over the banks, is knowing the 3 digit pin they show the world, you know the only pin you need to transfer any amount of any account into bitcoin. The fact this is available to the general public would be another 'excuse' to ban bitcoin outright, but I'd rather say to the banks that they compromised my bank account by printing said number on card, hence they are in effect the fraudsters, knowing this weakness no-one actually wanted.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:54:24 PM

Think I'm wrong?

You are mistaken as to how bitcoin works. You don't need any of the blockchain to spend it. All you need is the private keys, and to know which inputs you want to spend and a way to broadcast your TX to the network.

I wouldnt say I'm mistaken, maybe misunderstanding, but I have run 2 networks as a test, started each with it's own blockchain, and succesfully placed a found block from one blockchain into another, from then, the two became 1 new one run by two networks. I dont think I'm mistaken, when I think I can not so much 'replace' as 'remix' the blockchain by adding another tune entirely.. it is all a matter of when to do what..
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:01:16 AM

IMO easiest would be to get ghash and one another pool to do the work. Probably by blackmail or if the government puts pressure. This is a very weak point for Bitcoin.
R-T-B

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:13:02 AM

There is so much misinformation in this thread presented as fact, that it makes my head spin...

The sad fact is, I'm not even a genius at "hacking" or what have you, but I do have several technology degrees and I can spot them.  This is pathetic.  And it's not even all from the op (though he's certainly on the leaderboard), some of the people defending bitcoin are just as clueless.

Leaving before I got more of a headache...
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:28:03 AM

There is so much misinformation in this thread presented as fact, that it makes my head spin...

The sad fact is, I'm not even a genius at "hacking" or what have you, but I do have several technology degrees and I can spot them.  This is pathetic.  And it's not even all from the op (though he's certainly on the leaderboard), some of the people defending bitcoin are just as clueless.

Leaving before I got more of a headache...

Dae it quietly.. misinformation? The end user knows all about mis-information, since bitcoin is NOT satochi.. wether they know this or not does not stop the mis-informaers does it, no matter how many degree's they have after their name (spot the funny handshaker, no wonder the japs think it's bad manners)

Me personally, I'm not a hacker, though I have the ability.. I test, or experiment.. but then, thats the difference between those taught a certain 'track' compared with those that go off the rails, and find new territory, stick wi yer degree's, looks like you need them..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: