Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:13:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / POS+POW HYBRID CHAIN W/5% STAKING AND BLOCK CAPTURE REWARDS  (Read 98958 times)
theseraphgabriel

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:21:51 PM

It's not like ordinary mining where you get so many khs/mhs/ghs it's random and your in competition with everyone else who has an open wallet. Doesn't matter how many cores you have or anything like that. It is completely random. If you have your wallet locked make sure you unlock it or you won't get anything. And from looking at the block explorer pow has gone down significantly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theseraphgabriel

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:46:23 PM

Ok that wasn't a good explanation.
Let's say John doe sends 1000 2give to Jane doe the tx fee is 1%. So the block reward for that block is now 100 2give. Let's say there is 100 nodes open all 100 will be competing for that and if YOUR wallet processes that block you get the 100. A faster PC or processor doesn't give you any advantages with this coin and there is no set block reward.
theseraphgabriel

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:55:36 PM

no mining pool ? or just can mine with wallet ?

activate mining the wallet, only wallet cpu mining and not each block is Pow, most blocks are Pos, you only earn the Transaction fees. but still can bit good amounts of coins!

Believe that prohashing has a 2give option
theseraphgabriel

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:13:06 PM

I would love to see a new record of 250 Satoshi. Come on 2give.
Sunshiney

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:46:11 PM

This project looks dead -- reviewed the github, reddit, twitter -- no humans doing things.  Anyone know anything different?
Miner2525

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:16:14 AM

Did someone try and submit a bad block about 5 hours go?  It crashed the wallet.
samba001

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:01:36 PM

Today I have noticed it's increased more than 100%, is there any reason behind this increase?

Any positive news expecting for 2GIVE, appreciate if someone can share the feedback.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sunshiney

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:09:44 PM

Apparently, a coin calendar posted a snapshot of a 2givecoin tweet that said that an important event is to happen tomorrow.  I can find nothing else anywhere -- searched Twitter, FB, their site, 4chan, telegram, discord looking for pump info.  So far, I've found nothing else.  Notice the volume, which is usually ranging between 3 and 7 BTC and is now at 215 BTC.  Amazing that so many know about this and yet... I can find zip other than that calendar.  Have you learned anything more? I out of it right now as I'm fearful a lot of people are going to be holding expensive coins.  I'll change my mind if I learn of something behind this event ..
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:42:05 AM

It's not real news.

I am the primary human behind the project and we are absolutely maintaining and expanding the coinbase.  We have been silently working on the implementation of our "Proof of Giving" (POG) code now since announced last year.

The system basically allows a POS holder the ability to designate a percentage of their interest to be donated to approved charities and causes.

We are also continuing to work to remove the BDB system and use a pure SQLITE engine for block indexing -- we already have it implemented for the contact list and the GIFT card registry.

Work has stalled on migrating the doabitofgood.com site over into 2give.info -- but that will get picked up in 2018.

We are continuing our research on the best method to implement a "digital notary" feature that would allow 2GIVE holders the ability to take official credit for their Give* addresses but also build out a reputation system based on a "web of trust" model as envisioned in http://bit.ly/idcoins

ALL of this work is an important part of Strength in Numbers mission and is now being supported commercially by Silicon Prairie Online (https://sppx.io)

I know that everything in "internet time" seems hyper compressed, so I do apologize for the delays in updates.  I have always been a fan of "under promising and over delivering" as well as "doing it right not over"

It was a lot easier to tinker with the chain when no one cared about it and it had a market cap of under $100K

Now we must be more thoughtful and careful about the changes we implement.

-dvd

Apparently, a coin calendar posted a snapshot of a 2givecoin tweet that said that an important event is to happen tomorrow.  I can find nothing else anywhere -- searched Twitter, FB, their site, 4chan, telegram, discord looking for pump info.  So far, I've found nothing else.  Notice the volume, which is usually ranging between 3 and 7 BTC and is now at 215 BTC.  Amazing that so many know about this and yet... I can find zip other than that calendar.  Have you learned anything more? I out of it right now as I'm fearful a lot of people are going to be holding expensive coins.  I'll change my mind if I learn of something behind this event ..

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
goofybampot

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:19:25 AM

Hello! If you need quality translated Russian thread, contact me please. Best regards.
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 12:27:18 PM

"Give-Get-Gift-Grant" -- It's Better 2GIVE(TM)

2GIVE is the blockchain based social tipping platform supporting charitable giving doing good one bit at a time!

On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/projectgivecoin/
On Twitter https://twitter.com/2GiveCoin

New coin design is now visible on both Facebook and Twitter.  New tag line and positioning statement is being A/B tested.

Physical game coins are being contemplated for a real world treasure hunt in 2018!

Wallet is getting both cosmetic uplifts to align with the "Give-Get-Gift-Grant" monikers as well as the new "Proof of Giving" feature that will allow stakeholders the ability to put their charitable giving on "auto-pilot" -- by donating a percentage of your staked interest to your favorite causes!

Other features planned for 2018 include an "auto-exchange" connection to Bittrex and a "cash out" connection to BitPay -- using your own API keys!

Our airdrop continues at a random trickle as we continue to move the majority of the genesis GiveCoin* address holdings to the Give2SNF* paper wallet trust account.

And finally a renewed effort to get the core protocol updated to support SPV so that we can get a mobile wallet out...

Stay tuned for more updates!

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:04:00 PM

TheLittleDuke,

The Linux build going well? Trying to run on Windows 7, keeps powering off the tower & would really love to see a Linux .deb build. Could build from Github if one wanted too, that would be a single point of failure to thy tho & not all have the option to keep the overhead cost of Apple/Mac or Windows personal computers BTC

~Testing C.L.P.

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 09:36:24 PM

The Linux daemon has always worked -- that's what powers our seed nodes -- not sure what's happening on your Windows 7 as we have several VM's in the cloud running windows 7/8/10 that have been up for over a year ??

Will see what it would take to create a .deb package for you!

-dvd

TheLittleDuke,

The Linux build going well? Trying to run on Windows 7, keeps powering off the tower & would really love to see a Linux .deb build. Could build from Github if one wanted too, that would be a single point of failure to thy tho & not all have the option to keep the overhead cost of Apple/Mac or Windows personal computers BTC

~Testing C.L.P.

It's Better 2GIVE
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:35:39 PM

The Linux daemon has always worked -- that's what powers our seed nodes -- not sure what's happening on your Windows 7 as we have several VM's in the cloud running windows 7/8/10 that have been up for over a year ??

Will see what it would take to create a .deb package for you!

-dvd

TheLittleDuke,

~Testing C.L.P.

TheLittleDuke,

Thanks, my Windows might have way to many WOW viruses & am in a place of almost HOLD a sign to GIT new SSD drives so thy doesn't not lose any data that has been acquired over the last few years  Embarrassed

~Just trying to Give back more than my past mistakes, knowing that might still not be enough  Cry

P.S. I could spend TIME to pull for Linux, like in 2010 before or beyond & am more concerned for those who do not understand Linux yet  Cheesy

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
gloana

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:56:34 PM

Hey TheLittleDuke!

I 've got many tiny mining amounts in my wallets and I wanted to send those splits to an address and I thought there is a fee od 1% TX fee? Why am I asked for pay another 3600 GIVE Charity fee ?!

I just want to send those small mining splits to an address where I can stake those coins.
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 07:58:18 PM

There is no additional fee beyond the 1% TXFEE -- you can export the private key and import it into another wallet if you want to move it around without sending it.

-dvd

Hey TheLittleDuke!

I 've got many tiny mining amounts in my wallets and I wanted to send those splits to an address and I thought there is a fee od 1% TX fee? Why am I asked for pay another 3600 GIVE Charity fee ?!

I just want to send those small mining splits to an address where I can stake those coins.

It's Better 2GIVE
gloana

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:21:58 PM

There is no additional fee beyond the 1% TXFEE -- you can export the private key and import it into another wallet if you want to move it around without sending it.

-dvd

Hey TheLittleDuke!

When I want to send 300 and have 309 I cannot send it and when i want to send 150 I can't send it because I don't have 36xx Charity fees. I marked the small splits in the Inputs, and I imported the private keys from the mining wallets. but that does not combine small amount 0.xxx - 10 2give to 1 big amount the small amounts will never stake. I use the current windows wallet.

See screenshots:

http://www.bilderload.com/daten/1WK0YW.png

http://www.bilderload.com/daten/2H5A5E.png

TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 08:35:04 PM

You're using coin control at your own risk -- I thought it had already been removed from the wallet :-)

In fact I never touched that code so that message about the charity fee is the first time i've seen it -- must be something left over from WATER -- will take a look in the coming days

No clue if coin-control factors in the 1% fee or not...

Normal sends try and collect up about 10% more coins than necessary and "fold" them back into your primary address so that over time it defragments the chain going forward.

You could try doing a larger normal send to your Give* address to fold in the smaller inputs ??

-dvd

-dvd

Hey TheLittleDuke!

When I want to send 300 and have 309 I cannot send it and when i want to send 150 I can't send it because I don't have 36xx Charity fees. I marked the small splits in the Inputs, and I imported the private keys from the mining wallets. but that does not combine small amount 0.xxx - 10 2give to 1 big amount the small amounts will never stake. I use the current windows wallet.

See screenshots:

It's Better 2GIVE
gloana

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:47:29 PM

You're using coin control at your own risk -- I thought it had already been removed from the wallet :-)

In fact I never touched that code so that message about the charity fee is the first time i've seen it -- must be something left over from WATER -- will take a look in the coming days

No clue if coin-control factors in the 1% fee or not...

Normal sends try and collect up about 10% more coins than necessary and "fold" them back into your primary address so that over time it defragments the chain going forward.

You could try doing a larger normal send to your Give* address to fold in the smaller inputs ??

-dvd

-dvd

Hey TheLittleDuke!

See screenshots:

Thanks for your help! I'll think about it and maybe i just send the coins directly from the the mining wallets to my 2give address ...

Sunshiney

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:20:30 PM

TY for the much needed and much welcomed words reporting on progress.  Good work uncommunicated causes suspicion, particularly when investors are putting dollars into project.  I spent a few decades teaching university students PR and marketing.  Suggestion: contact faculty in those programs to get student help with social posts as part of an internship, club, or class project. No funds from ICO for communicating, eh?  Are you the only developer?

It's not real news.

I am the primary human behind the project and we are absolutely maintaining and expanding the coinbase.  We have been silently working on the implementation of our "Proof of Giving" (POG) code now since announced last year.

The system basically allows a POS holder the ability to designate a percentage of their interest to be donated to approved charities and causes.

We are also continuing to work to remove the BDB system and use a pure SQLITE engine for block indexing -- we already have it implemented for the contact list and the GIFT card registry.

Work has stalled on migrating the doabitofgood.com site over into 2give.info -- but that will get picked up in 2018.

We are continuing our research on the best method to implement a "digital notary" feature that would allow 2GIVE holders the ability to take official credit for their Give* addresses but also build out a reputation system based on a "web of trust" model as envisioned in http://[Suspicious link removed]/idcoins

ALL of this work is an important part of Strength in Numbers mission and is now being supported commercially by Silicon Prairie Online (https://sppx.io)

I know that everything in "internet time" seems hyper compressed, so I do apologize for the delays in updates.  I have always been a fan of "under promising and over delivering" as well as "doing it right not over"

It was a lot easier to tinker with the chain when no one cared about it and it had a market cap of under $100K

Now we must be more thoughtful and careful about the changes we implement.

-dvd

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: