Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:36:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] ATX PSU to 2.5 or 2.1/5.5mm 12V coaxial plug power cables [New Product!!]  (Read 68305 times)
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:11:48 AM

Another happy customer here. Two cables for 3 BFL Singles each + ATX power rocker switch.

Cablez is very professional and will work with you to get whatever cables size and length you need.

Thank you very much for your business KIDC. We have here another reliable Bitcoiner. Would definitely deal with again. Cheesy

P.S. - There has been some confirmation that the new SC ASICs from BFL will in fact use the same plug as the current FPGA singles. This is great news for current owners of my cables.  I will not advertise that fact yet until I see what the actual power consumption of the SC single will be though.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:53:23 AM

How much for the PSU on switch? Sorry if you had already posted it, I couldn't find a definite price for it anywhere. Thanks

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 02:23:46 PM

How much for the PSU on switch? Sorry if you had already posted it, I couldn't find a definite price for it anywhere. Thanks

I am sorry for it not being clearer, it was buried in the text.  I have edited the first post and highlighted the price.  The switches of any type are 1BTC each as they are kind of a pain to make but that price does include shipping.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Xfinity

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:47:35 PM

Thanks yet again Cablez for excellent service, goods (cables) and communication! And not to mention the shipping to Sweden is super fast! Smiley

Donations (BTC): 1L8EcGAuaDNK4kNxAbEBawo8ZaeFZvibgj
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:05:46 AM

Thanks yet again Cablez for excellent service, goods (cables) and communication! And not to mention the shipping to Sweden is super fast! Smiley

No problem Xfinity, I am just here to help make the world that much prettier. Wink

It was a pleasure doing business with you. Xfinity gets a +10 from me!!!

HDSolar

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 05:13:28 AM

Just want to say that Cablez is the man.  I emailed him two weeks ago, told him I had 11 singles and wanted to see about dropping the bricks.  A few emails and we struck a deal, a week goes by and he is ready to ship.  I send him coins and then about three days later the cables showed up.  Just hooked them up and ta da everything is working great.  Less heat and less power, just a win win all the way around.  Worth the coins and great job. 

Thanks again,

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:32:31 PM

Thanks for the review HDSolar. I am glad I could help out. Smiley   The transaction was super smooth so HDSolar gets a +1 here!

dankroxel

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 05:34:52 PM

With the asic stats out, are you taking orders for those?
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 06:00:05 PM

With the asic stats out, are you taking orders for those?
I believe he stated earlier that he can't be completely sure until he has an asic device to test his cables on.

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 08:31:33 PM

So far the information out from the different ASIC manufacturers looks positive in that my cables will work with them.  I am currently in no position to guarantee anything as of yet as I have no real hardware to test.

I am currently ready to take orders on cables and will do so to those that are comfortable with the information released so far.

When I know for sure I will most likely start a new thread solely for the ASIC cables.

Thanks for inquiring. Smiley

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 06:55:49 AM

Cool, I hope the new single uses the same plug though.
If anyone is interested I'm selling cablez I bought here but never used.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117500.0
Cablez, I can delete this reply if you don't like it. I apologize in advance.

Cablez (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 03:32:41 PM

Hey bitpop!  The only confirmation I have so far is that the BFL SC singles will use the 2.5/5.5mm plugs which is the same as on current gen BFL FPGA singles. This was stated by Nasser so I believe it.

Considering you were my first customer, don't worry about the cross post. Cheesy  I hope someone picks them up from you. Just know that if you have SC singles coming those cables will work.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 04:10:18 AM

Oh cool, I bought 6 cables for 12 BFLs but only got 4 so I have to sell 4 cables.
I'm glad the SCs will use the same cable so the trade in will be drop in. Unless they give me great power supplies unlike their last ones.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:29:46 PM

Ah the joys of my MMQ - it has a molex on it already Smiley

Yeah having the cheap power supplies that came with my BFL and Icarus' are a bit annoying.

--

Firstly, do your cables only take the molex (4-pin flat) inputs (single/4 or pair/8) or do they take the 4-pin/6-pin/8-pin rectangles like for the GPU's ... or do we choose?
Are the 6-pin/8-pin cables in PSU's usually powered to accept more Watts in a PSU? (I've no idea)

So ... if I wanted one for BFL singles, and one for a pair of Icarus, sent to Aus ... what would I be up for?
(and which of the 4-pin or 6-pin can I use)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 03:38:44 AM

Ah the joys of my MMQ - it has a molex on it already Smiley

Yeah having the cheap power supplies that came with my BFL and Icarus' are a bit annoying.

--

Firstly, do your cables only take the molex (4-pin flat) inputs (single/4 or pair/8) or do they take the 4-pin/6-pin/8-pin rectangles like for the GPU's ... or do we choose?
Are the 6-pin/8-pin cables in PSU's usually powered to accept more Watts in a PSU? (I've no idea)

So ... if I wanted one for BFL singles, and one for a pair of Icarus, sent to Aus ... what would I be up for?
(and which of the 4-pin or 6-pin can I use)

Hi Kano,

My cables are fully customized to whatever specs you require. I generally stay away from the flat 4pin molex connectors as they only have a single 12v wire which is really only good for 1 mining device but if your setup demands it I can make it.  I almost exclusively use the 6/8pin PCIe or 8pin EPS12v/CPU4+4 connectors which can power 3 or 4 mining devices per cable.  They can be either an adapter type that could work with any ATX spec PSU or direct connect cables that would be specific to a modular PSU of your choosing.

In terms of durability of peripheral vs. PCIe or CPU cables, they are almost always 18AWG on production PSUs so the current limit is inherent in the wire itself. You do find on multi-rail PSUs that sometimes the peripheral rail has less amps than a GPU rail so that would be an downside to using it.

If you would like to PM me with specifics of your setup (i.e. - length, pitch, # of units powered) I would be happy to provide you with a quote. Thanks for your interest

Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 11:37:15 AM

P.S. - There has been some confirmation that the new SC ASICs from BFL will in fact use the same plug as the current FPGA singles. This is great news for current owners of my cables.  I will not advertise that fact yet until I see what the actual power consumption of the SC single will be though.

Though it's unclear what voltage the ASIC Singles will want.  Inaba has said the ASIC singles will ship with a 13V power brick rather than 12V, but that they should also work with a 12V supply.  Which seems a bit of an odd state of affairs.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/116-Trade-Ins-Notice-of-sending-back-FPGA-Singles?p=2283&viewfull=1#post2283
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 04:54:02 PM

Though it's unclear what voltage the ASIC Singles will want.  Inaba has said the ASIC singles will ship with a 13V power brick rather than 12V, but that they should also work with a 12V supply.  Which seems a bit of an odd state of affairs.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/116-Trade-Ins-Notice-of-sending-back-FPGA-Singles?p=2283&viewfull=1#post2283

My guess is that the voltage regulators on the SC units have the ability to work with varied input voltages.

I was surprised that BFL chose to go to 14V for power, I guess that is one way to show reduced wattage. Grin Tongue

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 01:56:43 AM

Shitty bfl 13v = 11v under load. High end 12v psu = 12v dead stable

Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 07:01:42 PM

My electronics knowledge is probably a couple of decades out-of-date, but surely a traditional voltage regulator would be less power-efficient under over-voltage conditions (i.e. same current draw, but greater voltage drop across the regulator)?

That wouldn't apply to a DC-DC converter, of couse (and the chips obviously don't run on anything near 12V so presumably there's a DC-DC converter in there) but any reason why it'd be more power efficient at 13V or 14V than at 12V?  I'd expect it to be about the same.

BTW, where does 14V come from - not seen mention of BFL products being 14V before.

roy

ETA: I agree, though, that it's possible that their bricks have poor regulation, and although 13V nominal are really 12V under load.
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 01:20:39 PM

I had read from Inaba on the BFL forums that the new SC units sere to run off of 14V.

Has that changed? I haven't been there in a bit.

As for efficiency I think you are pretty close, there shouldn't be too much difference between the two voltages but only time will tell.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: