Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:22:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] ATX PSU to 2.5 or 2.1/5.5mm 12V coaxial plug power cables [New Product!!]  (Read 68311 times)
MicroCC

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:54:58 PM

can someone please answer this question for me...

so assume my psu has 4 PCEI connections and each connection with Cablez cable can only power 3 gridseeds and I have over 20 gridseeds - how do I power the other gridseeds once I've passed 12 - lots of power just going to waste.

You trying to do scrypt, btc, or both? Using scrypt only I wired 7 each on 2 PCIe cables and 6 on 1. 

Can you show pictures please of the wires you made fully laid out. I bought the barrel connectors and I got 8 pin pcie connectors but idk how the end product should look

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:02:14 PM

U have PM
MicroCC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:40:45 AM

Cablez I have a lepa 1600watt supply and I noticed the cables that you design doesnt seem to be able to fit in my psu. Do I have to buy a different psu to use your cables or get some sort of adapter? Heres how the back of my psu looks.

Here are the base type cables that I currently make:

These cables are 32" long with 2.5/5.5mm center +ve barrel plugs at a pitch of 8" for BFL single spacing.

For my needs I have used an EPS12V and a direct to PSU PCIE connector (for simpler cable management).

I can easily change the: pitch -> distance between barrel plugs
                                 connector type -> EPS12V, PCIE, 4 pin CPU, even direct to PSU connections (with a properly supplied pinout)
                                 length -> depending on your application
                                 wire thickness -> 18AWG is standard but also have 16AWG for longer runs or BFLs
                                 sleeving -> I find it aids in cable management (buyers choice)
richmke

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:46:58 AM

Cablez I have a lepa 1600watt supply and I noticed the cables that you design doesnt seem to be able to fit in my psu. Do I have to buy a different psu to use your cables or get some sort of adapter? Heres how the back of my psu looks.

Your psu should have PCI-E cables that plug into the PSU. Cablez's cable should be the female side the your PSU cable plugs into.
MicroCC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:39:47 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 10:49:00 AM by MicroCC

Your psu should have PCI-E cables that plug into the PSU. Cablez's cable should be the female side the your PSU cable plugs into.

ok so basically im just going to plug my 6+2-pin PCI-Express connectors into his cable? Thanks man this is starting to make sense now lol

I would plug my female connector into his male connector right?
richmke

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:05:25 PM

The other way around. Your PSU provides the male connector since it would be surrounded by the other side.

Your picture is the male connectors. Note: Since the connector is in the PCI-E 6+2 configuration, each yellow wire is capable of supplying 50 watts.
jjj0923

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:09:27 PM

Thanks man this is starting to make sense now lol

LOL - it's kind of like osmosis - the more you look at the stuff  the more it makes sense, but the great help that everyone around here provides...

at least it's been that way for me.

I ordered some splitters from startech to split the 6 pin pcsi connector off my Corsair Gold AX1200 and I'll splice the butt connectors that are coming with my gridseeds.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:14:22 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 07:48:29 PM by flounderella

[Cablez, sent you a PM as well]

Currently I'm doing a hack job to just get the 10 gridseeds running off CX600 (2x PCIe and 4x molex).

I'll be interested in getting:

a) 2x PCIe to 3 barrel plugs (just to have option to run both SHA or combined mode with a bigger psu)
b) 2x PCIe to 5 barrel plugs (for just scrypt)
c) 4x molex to 2 barrel plugs (for just scrypt)
MrBobC

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:23:29 PM

Cablez,

Also PMed.  Looking for the molex to 2.5mm barrel connectors and the molex to pi connector.  Would need to be able to power 10 gridseeds, a pi, a 10-port hub, and a switch to turn on the PSU using the atx connector.  I want 6 of these for now.  Ships to NY.  Thanks!
MicroCC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:31:15 PM

The other way around. Your PSU provides the male connector since it would be surrounded by the other side.

Your picture is the male connectors. Note: Since the connector is in the PCI-E 6+2 configuration, each yellow wire is capable of supplying 50 watts.

Ok so this diagram might be confusing me. In cablez pic the end of his connector is the one to the left. In my pic its the connector to the right, which is the connector I'm currently using to plug into my gpu's.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:58:54 PM

cablez ... any news with gridseed cables ?
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:03:45 PM

MicroCC
I suggest to thoroughly check pin-out from manufacturer of PSU. If connector on PSU is not proprietary and comply to PCI-E standard then you could use right side one connector from the pic. I had similar problem to power up 3 little singles from Corsair PSU. There was cable with it with just 2 PCI-E connectors, I just chained it with Y-way extender from ebay.
sentry_

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:23:03 AM

cablez ... any news with gridseed cables ?

+1 I'm interested, too.
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:10:52 AM

Ok so this diagram might be confusing me. In cablez pic the end of his connector is the one to the left. In my pic its the connector to the right, which is the connector I'm currently using to plug into my gpu's.

Hey guys,

The issue that you are finding is that the nomenclature for these is not the connectors themselves it is the pins inside. The male connector appears to be a female housing but is called male due to the pins it uses.
I hope that clears it up some.  The cables I am looking to produce will have a male PCIe connector to attach to the cables coming from your PSU. This will allow for flexibility in PSU model in case something should happen and a replacement becomes necessary.

As far as updates go I can only say that the two companies I am dealing with are beginning to irk me. I am currently looking oversees now to get this done.  Thanks for your patience.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
richmke

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:54:26 AM

The issue that you are finding is that the nomenclature for these is not the connectors themselves it is the pins inside. The male connector appears to be a female housing but is called male due to the pins it uses.

Thanks for the clarification. I can only imagine trying to order the right part - Specifying which part is male, and which part is female. I'm guessing you can order the male pins in either male or female housing.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:44:02 AM

Demand for the gridseed cables are pretty high - what's going to be the best way to form some sort of queue?
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:20:24 AM

Demand for the gridseed cables are pretty high - what's going to be the best way to form some sort of queue?

I got 500 gridseeds that need power and my 10 pack purchasers are highly interested in using atx power supplies patiently waiting to buy 50 or so of these cables Smiley

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Cablez (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:21:23 PM

My plan has always been to just order a large quantity of these heavier duty cables/adapters and then sell from stock. I do not think a queue is really necessary as it will just be specify order, pay and then ship. This will be infinitely faster than me having to take orders and produce the cables myself, etc.

If difficulties arise I will make sure to rectify them as my first and sole concern is to support the mining community because without them cryptos are nothing. 

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
lowdest

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:34:10 PM

I'll buy cables for 30 gridseeds as soon as they're ready.
blazingoat

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 08:45:41 PM

nice looking cables!

We are making esata and molex connectors for gridseed units we have some for sale, PM me for info. We are looking to get the barrel plugs in bulk.

http://bitcoinware.myshopify.com/collections/gridseed-dual-ltc-and-btc-miner/products/gridseed-asic-accessories-custom-made-sata-power-adapter

It looks a bit ugly but works really well and cheap if the barrel plugs can be had in bulk at good price!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: