Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:27:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289608 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:16:37 PM

Over 0.5 btc was donated in the last 24 hours... Keep going as the target is not far off.

Less than 2 btc in order to raise enough funds for the SDC peer review.

That's not even 0.02 btc per person if 100 community members chip in, under $6 each!

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-review-and-code-audit

DONATE TODAY AND FEEL PROUD TO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO A PART OF CRYPTO HISTORY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:45:37 PM

Just for sake of clarity Smiley

OK, so every time I convert Shadow to SDC I create a new SDC address.

Yes every-time you send coins (shadow or SDC) to a stealth address it will generate a new SDC Address

Is this a new private key?

Every SDC Address has a new private key, however because this SDC Address was generated by sending coins to a "stealth address" aslong as you have a backup of your wallet when you created the stealth address you do not need to back it up again. All future SDC addresses created by sending money to that "stealth address" are covered. This is a bit like a HD wallet but not quite ...
Obviously you can never be too careful so backup as necessary.

It seems like over time I will have hundreds of keys and stealth/public addresses in the wallet.

Yes but as per above, if the funds where sent to a "stealth address" then it does not matter as you can re-create those SDC Addresses and corresponding private keys from your stealth address backup.

^ I am with STUPID!
BaxterJames

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:04:30 PM

So now that the holidays are over, what's the next thing on the plate for the dev team?
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:31:25 PM

Just for sake of clarity Smiley

OK, so every time I convert Shadow to SDC I create a new SDC address.

Yes every-time you send coins (shadow or SDC) to a stealth address it will generate a new SDC Address

Is this a new private key?

Every SDC Address has a new private key, however because this SDC Address was generated by sending coins to a "stealth address" aslong as you have a backup of your wallet when you created the stealth address you do not need to back it up again. All future SDC addresses created by sending money to that "stealth address" are covered. This is a bit like a HD wallet but not quite ...
Obviously you can never be too careful so backup as necessary.

It seems like over time I will have hundreds of keys and stealth/public addresses in the wallet.

Yes but as per above, if the funds where sent to a "stealth address" then it does not matter as you can re-create those SDC Addresses and corresponding private keys from your stealth address backup.

Thanks for the clarification. This is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!

fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:40:47 PM

Over 0.5 btc was donated in the last 24 hours... Keep going as the target is not far off.

That's not even 0.02 btc per person if 100 community members chip in, under $6 each!

Ok i sent a donation Smiley

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:43:58 PM

Some news has come to light that has to be shared with the full ShadowCash community.

As you might know we have had a tipbot in our IRC channel basically since the start of ShadowCash. Marnie is our beloved tipbot, and is kept up by drew. Drew is a member of the crypto scene i've known for over 10 months now, and he's the one that actually bought a license for mIRCStats back in the days of BlackCoin for those cool IRCStats. We now also use this license for the #ShadowCash.

Drew however also offers tipbots for many coins including Marnie for ShadowCash, which was one of the first bots he built. Over the months his bots became more advanced (automatic backups and what not) however Marnie was left behind. With the recent update to ShadowSend v2 Marnie needed an update and was taken offline for most of the end of 2014.

Today she is back, however, when the update happened the wallet file was overwritten. This means that all balances on Marnie have been reset to 0. The coins that were on Marnie effectively have been destroyed now. All private keys have been lost with the overwrite of the previous wallet file.

The personal loss for users is not that high. Most didn't have more than 10 - 20 SDC on their tipbot account. However, in total we think about 300,000 coins have been lost today. That is quite a chunk, about 5% of the supply for SDC. As the private keys have been lost (and yes, we tried recovery) these coins are now effectively destroyed. You won't see in in an explorer, but SDC now has a supply of 6,1 million instead of 6,4 million.

Also, I would like to note that about 200,000 of those coins were in the possession of old guest accounts and old users whom never visit #shadowcash anymore and didn't claim their tips.

The personal loss for individual users is very small here, the loss for SDC itself is greater. Drew has apologized profusely to me. I have know him for nearly a year and do not believe he has stolen these coins. As I am myself he is a crypto enthusiast, believing in honesty instead of scams.

Also, note: Tipbots are not personal wallets. Ever.

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:46:00 PM

Some news has come to light that has to be shared with the full ShadowCash community.

As you might know we have had a tipbot in our IRC channel basically since the start of ShadowCash. Marnie is our beloved tipbot, and is kept up by drew. Drew is a member of the crypto scene i've known for over 10 months now, and he's the one that actually bought a license for mIRCStats back in the days of BlackCoin for those cool IRCStats. We now also use this license for the #ShadowCash.

Drew however also offers tipbots for many coins including Marnie for ShadowCash, which was one of the first bots he built. Over the months his bots became more advanced (automatic backups and what not) however Marnie was left behind. With the recent update to ShadowSend v2 Marnie needed an update and was taken offline for most of the end of 2014.

Today she is back, however, when the update happened the wallet file was overwritten. This means that all balances on Marnie have been reset to 0. The coins that were on Marnie effectively have been destroyed now. All private keys have been lost with the overwrite of the previous wallet file.

The personal loss for users is not that high. Most didn't have more than 10 - 20 SDC on their tipbot account. However, in total we think about 300,000 coins have been lost today. That is quite a chunk, about 5% of the supply for SDC. As the private keys have been lost (and yes, we tried recovery) these coins are now effectively destroyed. You won't see in in an explorer, but SDC now has a supply of 6,1 million instead of 6,4 million.

Also, I would like to note that about 200,000 of those coins were in the possession of old guest accounts and old users whom never visit #shadowcash anymore and didn't claim their tips.

The personal loss for individual users is very small here, the loss for SDC itself is greater. Drew has apologized profusely to me. I have know him for nearly a year and do not believe he has stolen these coins. As I am myself he is a crypto enthusiast, believing in honesty instead of scams.

I recommend shutting it down and sending the drive out for professional data recovery, like the kind used for forensics. It's worth it, even if just for image.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:55:22 PM

Ok i sent a donation Smiley

I'll send a donation today or tomorrow...
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:35:32 AM

I recommend shutting it down and sending the drive out for professional data recovery, like the kind used for forensics. It's worth it, even if just for image.

i just sent over my hd scanning tool to dasource, he is working with drew to see what can be done.
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:10:22 AM

Wow ! been playing a bit more. This coin is worth 400k satoshis at least. What a bargain atm.

am I to assume you worked out how to convert ur 1 Shadow to SDC?

Well I waited for some time after sending sdc ->shadow before sending shadow->sdc to a new stealth address. This is after reading about 10 block maturity comments etc. This time it worked beautifully. However my first shadow which I tried to convert back to SDC is still missing in the ether. Seeing that I have a successful conversion this time I will write it off as fat fingers. However if it is related to the '10 block shadow maturity' statement in earlier posts, it would be prudent to prevent any conversion attempt pre-maturity in code to stop this from happening. I will try again using 'impatient mode' to see if I can recreate the issue. Still : great work. Massively undervalued. Which is great for us here atm (;-)

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
ozkraut

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:13:23 AM

Also:
Come on people! we are >  3/5th  there of getting an expert and highly respected reviewer to kick into action!!!!

Address 1GGzBQXnouv2LvSvBLcT9vR8CZ3X1sQi6y
Address   1GGzBQXnouv2LvSvBLcT9vR8CZ3X1sQi6y
Hash160   a96f00a0c302a77800c24c4ddeb062a44ea88be4
Current Balance    3.09008259
Total Received    3.09008259

Lets get this done. And yes i did contribute.......

ozkraut

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:02:44 AM

As of today there are 412 addresses with over 100 SDC. Lets bump this post once per week so we can track our progress. As long as the community keeps working to help market SDC I will help as well!

Our dev team has innovated and delivered again and again. Now lets help them market our great currency to the world!  Think outside bitcointalk. We all have friends outside of crypto that will be receptive to our vision if we just share it with them.

http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/index.php?min=100

As of today we are up to 449 addresses with at least 100 SDC. The community is growing!

If you do not have much SDC/BTC to donate and are not a programmer or web developer you can still help!

1. Keep converting SDC into Shadow. We need more Shadow to make future conversions (of all sizes) easy at all time

2. Take your coins off the exchange and Stake SDC! If Gox and Mintpal were not enough of a reminder then maybe Bitstamp this week will be. Handle security yourself instead of relying on online wallets and protect the PoS network by staking (while earning some small staking rewards)!

3. Keep introducing SDC to friends! While 449 addresses is more than 412 (from my prior post) we can do better! Our tech is groundbreaking and soon we will have more code reviews from top cryptographers to prove it. You are doing a favor to your friends by telling them about SDC sooner rather than later. Give them a small amount for free if you have to. Just get them to download the wallet and try it out. They will soon be hooked just as you are:)

agreed. Just created a bunch of Shadows plus am staking.

LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:33:02 AM

As of today there are 412 addresses with over 100 SDC. Lets bump this post once per week so we can track our progress. As long as the community keeps working to help market SDC I will help as well!

Our dev team has innovated and delivered again and again. Now lets help them market our great currency to the world!  Think outside bitcointalk. We all have friends outside of crypto that will be receptive to our vision if we just share it with them.

As of today we are up to 449 addresses with at least 100 SDC. The community is growing!

If you do not have much SDC/BTC to donate and are not a programmer or web developer you can still help!

1. Keep converting SDC into Shadow. We need more Shadow to make future conversions (of all sizes) easy at all time

2. Take your coins off the exchange and Stake SDC! If Gox and Mintpal were not enough of a reminder then maybe Bitstamp this week will be. Handle security yourself instead of relying on online wallets and protect the PoS network by staking (while earning some small staking rewards)!

3. Keep introducing SDC to friends! While 449 addresses is more than 412 (from my prior post) we can do better! Our tech is groundbreaking and soon we will have more code reviews from top cryptographers to prove it. You are doing a favor to your friends by telling them about SDC sooner rather than later. Give them a small amount for free if you have to. Just get them to download the wallet and try it out. They will soon be hooked just as you are:)

agreed. Just created a bunch of Shadows plus am staking.

Great! The more people that follow your lead the better.
Volture

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:45:28 AM

Does this conversion from SDC to Shadow mean that the SDC gets hard to track as well? I mean, if someone supposedly is trying to track my SDC, I convert to Shadow, then reconvert back to SDC - would this mean that my SDC has cut its link to where it originally came from? (That the SDC blockchain becomes non-linear in a way)
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:56:06 AM

Does this conversion from SDC to Shadow mean that the SDC gets hard to track as well? I mean, if someone supposedly is trying to track my SDC, I convert to Shadow, then reconvert back to SDC - would this mean that my SDC has cut its link to where it originally came from? (That the SDC blockchain becomes non-linear in a way)

Yes.

The original SDC were destroyed to create Shadow, and the Shadow were then destroyed to create SDC in a completely new address.

The only thing to be wary of is say converting 1234 SDC to Shadow, then quickly converting 1233.999 Shadow to SDC. The destruction of 1234 on one addy and creation shortly thereafter of 1233.99 to a new addy creates a link you can still plausibly deny, but a link all the same.

Redeeming Shadow to 2 SDC addresses and leaving a bit of Shadow un-destroyed (some dust) would be a more intelligent way of "washing" your SDC imo.

Volture

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:00:21 AM

Yes.

The original SDC were destroyed to create Shadow, and the Shadow were then destroyed to create SDC in a completely new address.

The only thing to be wary of is say converting 1234 SDC to Shadow, then quickly converting 1233.999 Shadow to SDC. The destruction of 1234 on one addy and creation shortly thereafter of 1233.99 to a new addy creates a link you can still plausibly deny, but a link all the same.

Redeeming Shadow to 2 SDC addresses and leaving a bit of Shadow un-destroyed (some dust) would be a more intelligent way of "washing" your SDC imo.
Ok thanks, that's awesome!
Does Shadow/SDC work in the same way as Mastercoin/Bitcoin? I mean, are they linked in a similar way?
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:17:23 AM

Does Shadow/SDC work in the same way as Mastercoin/Bitcoin? I mean, are they linked in a similar way?

Yes Shadow is effectively a token on the SDC blockchain (like Mastercoin/Bitcoin) but there are intermediary processes that make Shadow anon.

For example and there are many.

Changing Mastercoin for Btc does not create a new Bitcoin.

Whereas, swapping Shadow for SDC does create a new Shadowcash.

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:03:39 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 04:15:26 PM by LiteBit

Yes Shadow is effectively a token on the SDC blockchain (like Mastercoin/Bitcoin) but there are intermediary processes that make Shadow anon.

For example and there are many.

Changing Mastercoin for Btc does not create a new Bitcoin.

Whereas, swapping Shadow for SDC does create a new Shadowcash.

If someone has some free time it would be great if they could make a professional quality YouTube video explaining the SDC/Shadow relationship (that we can use for marketing purposes).

Use a conversion in each direction and demonstrate what it looks like on the blockchain.

I would do it myself but I am already busy with other SDC related projects

I believe these exist on this thread somewhere.

Edit: VVV
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:06:19 PM

Youtube links added.

Raw demo footage captured in real time and edited to avoid waiting during confirmations.

Two separate wallets (sender and receiver) were used, one situated on a VM.

Demo 1:

SDC to Shadow

http://youtu.be/L-wzkIQKueY

TX : http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/tx/df3e58111719430e2864d4e3e10600610a8e9c17ffe7fc14da038db0a044436e

Demo 2:

Shadow to Shadow

http://youtu.be/J6j9WvX-O24

TX: http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/tx/f486a768b2082c5c6d733c8203ef037532c1c94994f2af46db4911d6b8d4e3c2

Demo 3:

Shadow to SDC

http://youtu.be/HnAFQVMREps

TX: http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/tx/fa64b0f13a594b56e9ab0a606f2142aa79689f045b646f9448424d8e02fe17bf
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:46:15 PM

Posting just so Alty isn't the most recent poster. GO TEAM SDC!

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: