Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:08:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:54:32 PM

LOL so the only way to anonymize your coins for dark is broken? WOW Roll Eyes
edit: only reason why i bought these coins was to use darksend.... epic fail

Considering a lot of attention has been on rebuilding the coin on the new 0.9.3 bitcoin codebase and the fix has already been merged into it, I'd say it isn't the end of the world. Shouldn't be a shocker that things get broken at times (not saying it's fine or ideal, but it can, and does, happen). I'm actually surprised the fix itself hasn't been merged into master but at the same time I'm sure the reason is a full push to the new tree sooner rather than later (then instantx testing on testnet).

Since this is the SDC thread, I wish to respect that and end the discussion on another coin as is. You are more than welcome to continue this discussion in our thread if you like.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:01:59 PM

LOL so the only way to anonymize your coins for dark is broken? WOW Roll Eyes
edit: only reason why i bought these coins was to use darksend.... epic fail

This is a very superficial comment, Darksend is a very serious project in constant evolution. We've had several versions and each improves over the previous one, when a bug is found it is openly posted to Jira and you can track it on Github too. If you think there will never be any issues with your implementation you are delusional.  We've been able to add 3 additional first class programmers including Pratrick Mchardy of linux core netfilter fame. Right now, they are working on hardening and refinement of the code.

I wish you the best of luck with your project, I personally don't like proof of stake, but the notion that there will be a "winner", is silly.  If a coin wants to be succesful the developers and community need to develop an economy around it, if you think you will just hold your stash and sell  later on at a much higher price just because your devs are releasing something you are up for a rude awakening.

Darkcoin is somewhat successful because there is an extended development team that goes way beyond coders and also a foundation that promotes it. So lets see where we all are in 6 months. In my opinion the biggest hurdle Proof of Stake coins with a short Proof of Work phase will face is lack of coin distribution and thus a small unattractive market but I guess time will tell.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:07:27 PM

So... this isn't the Darkcoin thread why's everyone talking about it?

Back to SDC.

QT does not compile whatsoever on Linux. I've switched branches from master to anon --both don't compile-- I've checked out tags, yet everything is a no go. I can however compile the daemon just fine.

Any advice?

Here's my output just from doing only qmake:
Note: Same on both master branch & anon branch.

Quote from: bash
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowgui.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadow.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowbridge.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowgui.h
WARNING: Failure to find: src/qt/shadowbridge.h
WARNING: Failure to find: shadow.qrc
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/rcc: File does not exist 'shadow.qrc'
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:13:38 PM

Back to SDC.

QT does not compile whatsoever on Linux. I've switched branches from master to anon --both don't compile-- I've checked out tags, yet everything is a no go. I can however compile the daemon just fine.

Any advice?

Hmm, I compiled QT from source on linux this morning without any issues.
IIRC you need QT5 and not QT4

^ I am with STUPID!
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:38:00 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 04:56:07 PM by Propulsion

Back to SDC.

Any advice?

Which branch did you compile or did you do it by tag?

Edit: Removed qt4 and installed qt5. I no longer have qmake errors but instead error out while compiling.

src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp:12:22: fatal error: qrencode.h: No such file or directory
 #include <qrencode.h>
                      ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/qrcodedialog.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
src/ringsig.cpp:20:12: warning: ‘int printPoint(EC_POINT*, const char*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int printPoint(EC_POINT *P, const char *pref)
            ^
src/ringsig.cpp:42:12: warning: ‘int printBN(BIGNUM*, const char*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int printBN(BIGNUM* bn, const char *pref)
            ^

The above was done using the master branch.

When using the anon branch I receive this:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webkitwidgets
make: *** [Makefile] Error 3
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:18:03 PM

Back to SDC.

Any advice?

Which branch did you compile or did you do it by tag?

Edit: Removed qt4 and installed qt5. I no longer have qmake errors but instead error out while compiling.

src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp:12:22: fatal error: qrencode.h: No such file or directory
 #include <qrencode.h>
                      ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/qrcodedialog.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
src/ringsig.cpp:20:12: warning: ‘int printPoint(EC_POINT*, const char*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int printPoint(EC_POINT *P, const char *pref)
            ^
src/ringsig.cpp:42:12: warning: ‘int printBN(BIGNUM*, const char*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int printBN(BIGNUM* bn, const char *pref)
            ^

The above was done using the master branch.

When using the anon branch I receive this:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webkitwidgets
make: *** [Makefile] Error 3

Are you reading any of the docs?
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:24:08 PM

The QT wallet compiled fine before the latest mandatory update.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:27:19 PM

First, make sure that the required packages for Qt5 development of your distribution are installed, for Debian and Ubuntu these are:

Code:
apt-get install qt5-default qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev-tools qttools5-dev-tools \
    build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev
then execute the following:

Code:
qmake
make
Alternatively, install Qt Creator and open the shadow.pro file.

An executable named shadow will be built.
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:32:33 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 06:00:09 PM by Propulsion

First, make sure that the required packages for Qt5 development of your distribution are installed, for Debian and Ubuntu these are:

Code:
apt-get install qt5-default qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev-tools qttools5-dev-tools \
    build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev
then execute the following:

Code:
qmake
make
Alternatively, install Qt Creator and open the shadow.pro file.

An executable named shadow will be built.

Have them all. I'll try QT Creator now.

EDIT: Tried QT Creator still same error. The source seems to be missing a file.

/home/propulsion/Downloads/shadowcoin/src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp:12: error: qrencode.h: No such file or directory
 #include <qrencode.h>
                      ^

Edit (again): I was missing a dependency libqrencode-dev

I'm now able to compile the latest master branch with version 1.3.0.7.

So in summary:

It seems like the new wallet can no longer be compiled with qt4. Also in doc/makefile.unix it list's an optional dependency as libqrencode. That is now mandatory and also named libqrencode-dev.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:00:24 PM

<snip>
I'm now able to compile the latest master branch with version 1.3.0.7.

Glad it all worked out Cheesy

^ I am with STUPID!
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:01:38 PM

Yes as now it has been mandatory , this is the time to update.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:29:53 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 08:48:36 PM by Coolstoryteller

Hey Smooth, welcome! Have you had a chance to use the new protocol?

No, I just read the white paper.

Smooth: PM me with your SDC addy and I'll send you some.

Please everyone: the anon vertical isn't a hockey match, we're all fighting towards the same goal of financial privacy; that doesn't mean we should be fighting amongst each other. Please keep the discussion technical there's no room here for bashing developer efforts.. Smooth has came in here and praised our work; there's no reason to be confrontational towards him i.e. telling him "to leave the thread" and so forth.

One of the strengths SDC has moving forward as a new contender for a top spot in the anon vertical is that the SDC codebase is much more mature than cryptonote-based coins, since there has been much more contribution made towards the Bitcoin codebase. There's also been years of commerce to test it's security. That's not to say in the future Cryptonote-coins won't catch up, but things like mobile applications and friendly UIs is something that helps put Shadow in the forefront.

Although Bytecoin was out way before Darkcoin, the latter has the first mover advantage over every coin project in the anon vertical; However, superior technology can alter landscape.

Shadow's main weakness at the moment is recognition from the media and from the general crypto community.. but I have a strong feeling that will be changing very soon. Traction comes with time and we have plenty of that.

In the future, our team will be focused on further improving upon an already amazing innovation, so we can all look forward to that. Right now we have the best anon solution on the market coupled with a proven platform and a wide array of features some of which have a viable market value to multiple billion dollar industries. I would implore any new investors to really dig into our project and see what it is about. We've made many "firsts" for crypto and we'll continue to do so. Our team is dedicated to the project, so get involved and join in on the journey - it's going to be an amazing ride Cheesy

I should hopefully have the new website up later today. I'm looking forward to getting everyone's feedback there.

That said, I wish everyone happy holidays. Enjoy your time with your families (remember to tell them about SDC) and wish you all the best in 2015.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:47:34 PM

One of the strengths SDC has moving forward as a new contender for a top spot in the anon vertical is that the codebase is much more mature than cryptonote-based coins, since there has been much more contribution made towards the Bitcoin codebase and as result the SDC codebase. There's also been years of commerce to test it's security. That's not to say in the future Cryptonote-coins won't catch up, but things like mobile applications and friendly UIs is something that helps put Shadow in the forefront.

You can't really have it both ways. If the anon stuff has been implemented from scratch, and if major improvements have been made to the Bitcoin code, then it isn't mature code. Yes part of the code is more mature than other anon coins, but likewise part of the code is less mature. 

Although it seems from the conversation a few posts back that the anon part of DRK also isn't that mature, and likewise for cryptonote coins. They are certainly more mature than they were when first released in March, but the most recent major issue was discovered in early September, which wasn't really that long ago. There have been growing pains.
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:58:25 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 09:19:56 AM by Alty

Raw demo footage captured in real time and edited down to avoid unnecessary waiting during confirmations.

Two separate wallets (sender and receiver) were used, one situated on a VM.

Demo 1:

SDC to Shadow

https://mega.co.nz/#!nZswkS5I!DsLHJaC5qQK4wYFeGSmpFE6wtC9GmLPshg2YH6RfL3U

TX : http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/tx/df3e58111719430e2864d4e3e10600610a8e9c17ffe7fc14da038db0a044436e

Demo 2:

Shadow to Shadow

https://mega.co.nz/#!3Y8xlRib!QDteB85Dxk1XiQ47esEXlK3MyYGgcOQDTzAtM3yun7o

TX: http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/tx/f486a768b2082c5c6d733c8203ef037532c1c94994f2af46db4911d6b8d4e3c2

Demo 3:

Shadow to SDC

https://mega.co.nz/#!TdVkjADT!lMZgQPl89T8NW1T12a7CRHZNbn88-RqqnXhTuj9YSQM

TX: http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/tx/fa64b0f13a594b56e9ab0a606f2142aa79689f045b646f9448424d8e02fe17bf
merkalor

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:29:51 AM

I don't see Bytecoin like a scam but a test

Well, you have know the history of how it was claimed to be launched two years earlier, which was simply a lie, and many of the premined coins were being dumped on unsuspecting buyers. That makes a fraud and a scam.

But ultimately you are right, it was essentially the testnet for Monero, and that's how any project run by non-scammers would have done it.

(sorry for the off topic discussion guys -- let's get back to the correct topic shall we?)

I missed this part
It's a fucking scam!
Btw nobody know who and where is Cryptonote creator? why he's not help to improve the cryptonote tech, it should be easy for him

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:39:19 AM

Is Alty being part of the SDC team?
He is such a big threat for the crypto community.
He fucked several crypto investors with his big scam Cloakcoin.
Hype, empty promises, broken incomplete code, insider trading and then disapperead.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:15:13 AM

Hype, empty promises, broken incomplete code, insider trading and then disapperead.

no one ever said he was part of the sdc team.. and just because some1 comes poking his head around here as an investor Doesnt mean that he is on the SDC team
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:41:56 AM

no one ever said he was part of the sdc team.. and just because some1 comes poking his head around here as an investor Doesnt mean that he is on the SDC team

and as to the videos: Produced for bounty. I was in IRC when the bounty was offered and accepted by Alty. Eg could have been anyone putting their hand up first

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:03:14 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 04:23:26 AM by Coolstoryteller

Before you speak of Alty being a threat to SDC you should take note that Alty has donated to our lead designer CRZ, that's more than can be said of you contributing to the project. Another contribution is the bounty he put up for the demo videos.. I for one am happy that more people (not just including Alty) are stepping up and contributing. It's simple. If you aren't contributing and you don't have anything nice to say - then don't say anything.

Big shoutouts:

Jimmies for pimping the hell out the slideshow presentation (should be uploaded tomorrow)
Dasource for setting up another faucet + building more features into it  
Alty for contributing the demo video bounty and donations to Crz.
DFG for donating to Crz and organizing the SDC explainer video
SebSeb for busting ass all across the board
Longandshort for handling the Shadow wiki/faucets and being longandshort

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:09:04 AM

Quick shadow question: How do you convert your Shadow to SDC in your wallet? I can't find a button for that.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: