Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:07:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:48:55 AM

Also there is further evidence in the merger proposal that the merger did involve the technology aspect as well and not just to acquire the devs:

It seems both of our teams are going down similar paths and doing all of the work twice. The ShadowCash team has been hard at work creating a great user experience, stealth address technology, encrypted chat technology and much more. These are areas in which Darkcoin could benefit.

We’re hard at work creating an encrypted multi-path messaging system and instant
transactions. So the work we’re doing complements each other rather well. 

Also its interesting, the proposal indicates that the DRK team actually doesn't know for sure how large the Shadow team is:

The total value of Darkcoin would stand to gain a lot from such a partnership. This means that anyone that has a stake in ShadowCash (for example the developers, writers, PR people, etc) would instantly have a stake in Darkcoin and thus have an interest in helping out. We're combining communities together to become stronger. Imagine us all working together and forming a meaningful alliance. We’re under the impression the ShadowCash team is quite sizable and so is the Darkcoin team, combined we will have one of the largest most talented teams in all of crypto.

source: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HrGDKKtr5cKKE8Iu7aOw1vXbVTGk9078sQaWlprZYrs/edit?pli=1

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 08:50:29 AM

Giveaways happening here https://ocupy.net/hubs/ion/62-100-shadowcash-giveaway?start=12 & Here http://shadowtalk.org/topic/340/100-sdc-giveaway will be continued if successful send your friends family whatever over looking for people who have not got any SDC yet but want some, cheers
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 07:43:12 PM

Also there is further evidence in the merger proposal that the merger did involve the technology aspect as well and not just to acquire the devs:

It seems both of our teams are going down similar paths and doing all of the work twice. The ShadowCash team has been hard at work creating a great user experience, stealth address technology, encrypted chat technology and much more. These are areas in which Darkcoin could benefit.

We’re hard at work creating an encrypted multi-path messaging system and instant

Also its interesting, the proposal indicates that the DRK team actually doesn't know for sure how large the Shadow team is:

The total value of Darkcoin would stand to gain a lot from such a partnership. This means that anyone that has a stake in ShadowCash (for example the developers, writers, PR people, etc) would instantly have a stake in Darkcoin and thus have an interest in helping out. We're combining communities together to become stronger. Imagine us all working together and forming a meaningful alliance. We’re under the impression the ShadowCash team is quite sizable and so is the Darkcoin team, combined we will have one of the largest most talented teams in all of crypto.

source: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HrGDKKtr5cKKE8Iu7aOw1vXbVTGk9078sQaWlprZYrs/edit?pli=1

What are you trying to achieve Pline? You know there are people here that are also involved in Dark as well right?

Pline

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:45:34 PM

What are you trying to achieve Pline? You know there are people here that are also involved in Dark as well right?

People said that Evan Duffield only wanted the developers and not for the tech when he tried to buy off the ShadowCash project. So I was showing that Duffield actually was interested in the tech as well according to the merger proposal, even though he doesn't acknowledge the value of zero knowledge solutions in his video.

Yeah I know some may be involved in DRK as well, so maybe they should realize the truth of what that project is all about.  That they try to buy off competition, and then mislead investors by saying its not for the tech don't worry.  Then the DRK fanboys come here and spread FUD like telling us how Shadow is not trustless when it is.

But I guess people aren't supposed to ask questions or point out facts, it might upset some people holding DRK? Your posts show that you are a DRK holder. Would you like to tell me to shut up then?
Pline

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:16:32 AM

Lost a bunch of SDC trying to transfer into Shadow.  Not sure what happened, the outputs are shown on blockchain, but wallet is not accounting for them.  Transferred it from one wallet to the other, says debited 2500 SDC from one wallet and only credited 2000 Shadow in the other wallet.  Any suggestions on how to recover?

Also Cryptsy wallet is in maintenance again   Undecided
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:12:15 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 11:32:27 AM by child_harold

Lost a bunch of SDC trying to transfer into Shadow.  Not sure what happened, the outputs are shown on blockchain, but wallet is not accounting for them.  Transferred it from one wallet to the other, says debited 2500 SDC from one wallet and only credited 2000 Shadow in the other wallet.  Any suggestions on how to recover?

Also Cryptsy wallet is in maintenance again   Undecided

I'm sure you're probably aware that Shadow (SDT) do not appear in the "total SDC" balance in your wallet, but rather in its own Shadow balance section? Therefor you add the SDC balance and the Shadow (SDT) balance together to get your true total.

Restarting your wallets can sometimes help. Give that a go first. Also make sure the first wallet wasn't credited with the 500SDC difference (seems unlikely).

If things still appear incorrect using the rewindchain command from console could perhaps help. Rewind the chain by however many blocks you need to get to a block number preceding your tx. e.g.:

Code:
rewindchain 1000

Hop in IRC with your txid if things still seem odd. If the outputs are shown in the blockchain (as you say) theres nothing to worry about.

Pline

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:13:10 PM

Lost a bunch of SDC trying to transfer into Shadow.  Not sure what happened, the outputs are shown on blockchain, but wallet is not accounting for them.  Transferred it from one wallet to the other, says debited 2500 SDC from one wallet and only credited 2000 Shadow in the other wallet.  Any suggestions on how to recover?

I'm sure you're probably aware that Shadow (SDT) do not appear in the "total SDC" balance in your wallet, but rather in its own Shadow balance section? Therefor you add the SDC balance and the Shadow (SDT) balance together to get your true total.

Restarting your wallets can sometimes help. Give that a go first. Also make sure the first wallet wasn't credited with the 500SDC difference (seems unlikely).

If things still appear incorrect using the rewindchain command from console could perhaps help. Rewind the chain by however many blocks you need to get to a block number preceding your tx. e.g.:

Code:
rewindchain 1000

Hop in IRC with your txid if things still seem odd. If the outputs are shown in the blockchain (as you say) theres nothing to worry about.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened entirely.  I had other SDC to Shadow transfers that worked flawlessly before, but this time no.  It created 3 outputs, of 1000, 1000, and 500.  The 500 output is not being found by the wallet for some reason.  I tried restarting wallet and rewindchain, and still same result.  Going to try a few more things later to see if I can recover by minting the rest of the outputs on that stealth address.  If that fails maybe have to figure out how to create a raw transaction using the private key of that stealth address? Not sure how to go about this yet.  I tried looking at commands in the debug window, but couldn't figure much out.
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:48:40 PM

Code:
rewindchain 1000

Yeah I'm not sure what happened entirely.  I had other SDC to Shadow transfers that worked flawlessly before, but this time no.  It created 3 outputs, of 1000, 1000, and 500.  The 500 output is not being found by the wallet for some reason.  I tried restarting wallet and rewindchain, and still same result.  Going to try a few more things later to see if I can recover by minting the rest of the outputs on that stealth address.  If that fails maybe have to figure out how to create a raw transaction using the private key of that stealth address? Not sure how to go about this yet.  I tried looking at commands in the debug window, but couldn't figure much out.

did you try repairwallet?
Pline

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:34:54 PM

Code:
rewindchain 1000

Yeah I tried that, it just says {"wallet check passed": true}

I'm thinking of options, perhaps save the wallet.dat, then nuke the wallet and start over loading the wallet.dat on the new wallet?

Or perhaps dumpprivkey, then import the private key into other wallet?
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:37:50 PM

Lost a bunch of SDC trying to transfer into Shadow.  Not sure what happened, the outputs are shown on blockchain, but wallet is not accounting for them.  Transferred it from one wallet to the other, says debited 2500 SDC from one wallet and only credited 2000 Shadow in the other wallet.  Any suggestions on how to recover?

Code:
rewindchain 1000

I'm thinking of options, perhaps save the wallet.dat, then nuke the wallet and start over loading the wallet.dat on the new wallet?

Drop me a PM or grab me on IRC to go over this...

^ I am with STUPID!
Pline

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:46:50 PM

Code:
rewindchain 1000

Drop me a PM or grab me on IRC to go over this...

Ok poppin in IRC now.
child_harold

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:23:07 AM

Ok poppin in IRC now.

And Pline was never seen again…
LOL. What happened?!

What did dasource do with the body? Cheesy

Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:57:37 AM

Lol  Cheesy

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
child_harold

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:53:42 PM

Quote from #shadowcash IRC earlier today (big deal imo):

1:32 PM <battbot> isador zeuner is not only reviewing sdc but comparing it to cryptonote // monero

Also this thread popped up: What are the differences between ShadowCash and Darkcoin ? Both seems very nice
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945307.msg10356332#msg10356332

Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:07:18 PM

Looks like https://www.coingateway.net/ is back up! I thought they went under there for a sec, but it looks like they were redesigning their interface.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:50:22 PM

child_harold

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 08:54:09 PM

Quote from #shadowcash IRC earlier today (big deal imo):

1:32 PM <battbot> isador zeuner is not only reviewing sdc but comparing it to cryptonote // monero

Also this thread popped up: What are the differences between ShadowCash and Darkcoin ? Both seems very nice
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945307.msg10356332#msg10356332

Hot off IRC!:

9:46 PM <•TrollsRoyce> my understanding of the forthcoming review is it will cover shadowsend in depth, any potential attack vectors found in the actual system and then a comparison between other systems, zerocoin, darkcoin, bitcoindark, cryptonote versus shadow

Holy Mother of God \o/

4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:00:16 PM

Looks like https://www.coingateway.net/ is back up! I thought they went under there for a sec, but it looks like they were redesigning their interface.

I didn't know about the service yet. Though seems cool 2
Pline

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:48:28 PM

Ok poppin in IRC now.

And Pline was never seen again…
LOL. What happened?!

What did dasource do with the body? Cheesy

Lol, couldn't recover the lost 500 Shadow yet.  I am going to send my wallet data over for them to take a look.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:32:44 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 11:07:32 PM by Coolstoryteller

Everyone who donated to the crypto review - would you please be so kind as to leave a comment on the http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-peer-review thread so you can be added to the list of donators.

Thanks!

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: