Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:28:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289611 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:46:03 PM

What's the story with this audit? Over a month and I haven't seen any updates as to a tentative timeline for release. All I keep seeing is wait for Isidor. Link http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-review-and-code-audit no longer leads anywhere.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:48:11 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 09:18:10 PM by Pline

What's the story with this audit? Over a month and I haven't seen any updates as to a tentative timeline for release. All I keep seeing is wait for Isidor. Link http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-review-and-code-audit no longer leads anywhere.

For some reason the link changed, I'm not sure why: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-peer-review
BaxterJames

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:39:35 PM

I wish Bittrex Beta was working, those tiny buy orders are screwing with my head.
Pline

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:25:28 PM

For anyone who has not seen it, they should definitely check out this slide presentation on how the ShadowSend anonymity system works.  This is really a beautiful explanation: http://www.slideshare.net/shadowcash/presentation3-43827434
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:07:28 AM

It might be a good sign, the fact that he has taken so long that is, If the SDC code and system was your normal copy paste crap the audit would of been done in a week or a few days, maybe he really likes it and it has sparked his interest so he is really pulling it apart to examine the mechanics closer, this audit may be all SDC needs in advertising if the audit is really as good as i believe it will be, it just doesn't make sense it would take so long if the code wasn't special or unique in some way, i think there is really good news around the corner.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:38:24 AM

I get it. We keep bumping the thread to talk about adding more tokens Wink

Thanks for bumping the thread to talk about adding more (shadow) tokens.

snipped

snipped

hehe  Wink

snipped

Mind you, XAI and SDC can peacefully coexist; different ecosystems/concepts entirely. He didn't kill the rhino, he just shot it with a tranquilizer to take it to the Sapience Menagerie Wink

Crossing a line much? If thats ur official PR material you need help. Not funny.

systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:42:37 AM

For some reason the link changed, I'm not sure why: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-peer-review

I guess it's because the review isn't actually a code audit (as written in the old url).

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
rynomster

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:29:17 AM

Hey guys

I told some people in IRC I'll start being active in the forums again.
I just want to thank you all for your patience.

Isidor is still busy with the review, and has asked us to give him a few more references, as he feels the system as a whole needs more documentation.
Its a great idea, so we'll try get documentation going for others to see it as a more complete crypto system.

rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:56:23 AM

Great to see you here again ryno.   Smiley

Maybe the community could help with getting some of the documentation together.
child_harold

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:08:24 AM

Hey guys

Isidor is still busy with the review, and has asked us to give him a few more references, as he feels the system as a whole needs more documentation.
Its a great idea, so we'll try get documentation going for others to see it as a more complete crypto system.

Thanks rynomster (SDCDev) for the update! \o/

Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:45:55 AM

Hey guys

Awesome! Keep it up Ryno  Wink

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
child_harold

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:45:15 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 09:15:22 PM by child_harold

Satoshi gave us BitCoin…

Where we go now is up to us…
#anonymity #shadowcash

https://twitter.com/streamuse1/status/570687169532190720

4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:04:04 PM

Hey guys

Awesome! Keep it up Ryno  Wink

Nice to see you in the forum!
LRENZ

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:53:26 AM

I'll start being active in the forums again.

Good move. Any ETA for an update to the Android wallet?

Also shapeshift.io needs adding to the OP.
child_harold

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:52:21 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 04:24:05 PM by child_harold

So I figured I'd bang out some letter which members can use, abuse, edit or whatever to ping service providers who already accept BTC into adopting SDC. Im thinking VPN and VPS providers etc etc

Was hoping it might help out Shadowers who arent strong in English but wanna help gain adoption. As I said you can use whatever you want, in part or whole, or not at all! lulz Instead of saying "to whom it may concern" you could say "To the purveyor of this crazy shady market" or "yo pimp" xD

Anyway I figured it was better than scratching my ass whilst waiting for Zeuner, hehe.

http://pastebin.com/N2MXi3xr

To Whom It May Concern,

We come to you in an unofficial capacity as members of the Shadow P2P crypto-network and would like to propose your service begin accepting ShadowCash, our anonymous crypto-currency, as a method of payment.

We have observed that your service already accepts BitCoin which helps your customers who are a). disenfranchised from the banking system and b). concerned about their privacy. BitCoin payments are pseudo-anonymous and for those of your customers who truly care about their privacy a fully anonymous solution would be advantageous. With fully anonymous transactions (obfuscating sender, receiver and amount) on a BitCoin style blockchain, a feat which has been achieved through forking the open-source bitcoin with cutting-edge cryptography, Shadow provides the solution.

The Shadow network is a little over six months old and you might not yet have heard of it. Fully anonymous transactions were introduced in December 2014 and the crypto-currency community is waking up to what Shadow has achieved; a milestone in crypto-currency. ShadowSend (the anonymous payment system) is currently under peer review by a very well-respected German cryptographer. This will satisfy anybody who remains unconvinced about Shadow 's empowering technology.

Accepting ShadowCash is as simple as Bitcoin to set up. ShadowCash (SDC) is traded on various exchanges and redeeming Shadow for dollars or other fiat currency is straightforward. Members of the Shadow Community and Shadow Team would be happy to assist you in your implementation of ShadowCash should that be necessary.

The Shadow community is growing rapidly and is widespread, with members from countries all over the world. The Dev Team has an international cast, mostly based in South Africa, Europe and the U.S.

Feel free to contact us with any questions in IRC (freenode.net #shadowcash) or Reddit (r/ShadowCash) or Twitter (@SDCoin)

We very much hope you will consider the adoption of Shadow and feel such a move would send a strong signal to your customers that you care about their privacy.

If your curiosity has been aroused and you want to join us to see how far the rabbit hole goes then take the red pill now by going to http://shadow.cash

We look forward to hearing from you.

Pline

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:11:09 PM

Anybody familiar with Darkwallet, or also myTrezor wallet and how they have different pockets or accounts within the wallet?  I think this would be very useful if implemented into the Shadow Wallet.  It would help you keep track of your Shadow and SDC.  If you wanted to keep your purchases private you could more easily clean coins or send them to Shadow in a new pocket.  Each pocket keeping the addresses separate as not to mix identities.  

I know there is a bit of a coin control feature, although I have not used it much, but pockets would make things much cleaner and easier.  But not sure how difficult that would be to implement.  Not sure if this is only possible with HD wallets. It may require some graphical reconfiguring as well.

Also I kind of think SDW is a better acronym for "Shadow Tokens" than SDT.  I think maybe we should talk about "ShadowCoins" as being SDC, and "Shadow" or "Shadow Tokens" as being SDW.  But ShadowCash remain as the entire name of currency.  This might make it more clear to new users on how the system works.

Just throwin that out there.  
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:20:42 PM

Cool philosophical article regarding "The Shadow"
http://redd.it/2x9009

Some nuggets from the article:
In astrology, The Shadow is expressed as Lilith, the dark and
un-seeable side of the moon.

in folklore, The Shadow is expressed as the doppelganger,
or "double walker".

In Psychology, The Shadow represents our alter ego.

The Ancient Egyptians realized that each one of us are composed
of two distinct and different persons:

The first is our physical, visible person which consists of all of the
characteristics, Lessons, dreams, and ideals which we have
Blended and bonded into our everyday self.[/b]

The second is our invisible, Shadow person which consists of all
of the characteristics, Lessons, dreams, and ideals which we
have Chosen to not incorporate into our everyday self.

Although it takes very little light to create a Shadow, no amount
of light can ever quench a Shadow. The brighter the light, the more
dense the Shadow Becomes.

LiteBit
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:37:30 PM

Anybody familiar with Darkwallet, or also myTrezor wallet and how they have different pockets or accounts within the wallet?  I think this would be very useful if implemented into the Shadow Wallet.  It would help you keep track of your Shadow and SDC.  If you wanted to keep your purchases private you could more easily clean coins or send them to Shadow in a new pocket.  Each pocket keeping the addresses separate as not to mix identities.  

I know there is a bit of a coin control feature, although I have not used it much, but pockets would make things much cleaner and easier.  But not sure how difficult that would be to implement.  Not sure if this is only possible with HD wallets. It may require some graphical reconfiguring as well.

Also I kind of think SDW is a better acronym for "Shadow Tokens" than SDT.  I think maybe we should talk about "ShadowCoins" as being SDC, and "Shadow" or "Shadow Tokens" as being SDW.  But ShadowCash remain as the entire name of currency.  This might make it more clear to new users on how the system works.

A similar discussion was brought up here too: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/289/sbay/11

I like the idea of creating a currency symbol that represents Shadow as a whole. It could represent SDC and/or Shadow tokens at the same time. After all, it's really the user who can decide what to sent or accept.

The currency symbol like $,¥,£ could be before or after the amount and that represents a Shadow price. Either SDC or Shadow tokens. Then we just call it Shadow.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:15:19 PM

A similar discussion was brought up here too: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/289/sbay/11

I like the idea of creating a currency symbol that represents Shadow as a whole. It could represent SDC and/or Shadow tokens at the same time. After all, it's really the user who can decide what to sent or accept.

The currency symbol like $,¥,£ could be before or after the amount and that represents a Shadow price. Either SDC or Shadow tokens. Then we just call it Shadow.

I really think it needs to be more automated, and more clear how to use the stealth addresses. The way I would do it is have the tokens automatically converted back to SDC in some random way as a default, and an expert user screen that allows you to select the parameters by which the conversion would take place, if at all.

Another thing that would be more helpful is better retail functionality. Instead of 24 characters, each transaction should have fields for name and address, as well as a short message that is pinned to the transaction ledger entry in the recipient's wallet. That way if someone buys something from me, I have a record right in the wallet of what it is and where to send it.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
LiteBit
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:44:00 PM

Another thing that would be more helpful is better retail functionality. Instead of 24 characters, each transaction should have fields for name and address, as well as a short message that is pinned to the transaction ledger entry in the recipient's wallet. That way if someone buys something from me, I have a record right in the wallet of what it is and where to send it.

Or an alias / nickname. This was brought up here http://shadowtalk.org/topic/342/porting-openalias/3 
and I think it would be brilliant to merge OpenAlias into Shadow. http://openalias.org/

Seems like a no-brainer with ShadowChat and ShadowMarket!
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: