Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:52:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:05:05 AM

another crpto coin are releasing their Double Encryption + Anon 9th March 2015. its not based on ring signitures totally new tech - how do ring signitures work? in shadowcash as I may invest a little and what are future plans compared to NavajoCoin NAV/BTC

hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:32:46 AM

found it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_signature - All good
issie81

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

CryptoZilla

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:10:40 AM

Can we get some moderation holy fuck i have gone 2days this place become shitstorm:))
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:50:24 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 09:20:11 AM by child_harold

Can we get some moderation holy fuck i have gone 2days this place become shitstorm:))
It's all good… Personally I found Rambo vs Trolls highly entertaining and undeniably cathartic. Ahhhh… better now.
Anyway looks like the octagon is getting wiped down and the thread cleaned up as we ready ourselves for some more (big?) news…

Just a few hours ago the new wiki was launched http://shadowcash.info/display/shadow/Welcome+to+Shadow

The stage is being set perhaps?

another crpto coin are releasing their Double Encryption + Anon 9th March 2015. its not based on ring signitures totally new tech - how do ring signitures work? in shadowcash as I may invest a little and what are future plans compared to NavajoCoin NAV/BTC

Did u u know Rambo is half-German and half native-American Indian (possibly even Navajo)? And that SDCDev is Rambo?? Consider yourself in the loop Wink

ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 09:30:09 AM

Done, i tried to clean up the mess a little, so that it look like a discussion ...

Also, i would like people to remember something :

Shadow is an Open Source project, all the team members here work for free.

So what's the difference between a "team member" and a "shadowcash investor" ?  A team member is just an investor who is working to make Shadow greater (as Dev, PR, or anything else).

Lot of people here are waiting for things to be done, waiting for his investments to be bigger, in a passive mode.

If you really believe Shadow is a breaktrough tech and if you want you SDC to value more, you too have the power to do something for Shadow.

How ?

First, you could help to give content to the new wiki : http://shadowcash.info

You can help ShadowCash to be used by talking about it to merchant, gambling website and exchanges.

You can spread the work by posting comment on Bitcointalk, news Website and talking about it to the people you know.

You can also help the development of ShadowCash ecosystem, Market is not the only app that can be done in ShadowWallet and developers are always welcomed.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________

If you want to help the project, go to this topic and say what you could do to help, or what skills can be used :

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/354/how-can-you-help-shadowcash

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
St3baS

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:38:35 AM

Done, i tried to clean up the mess a little, so that it look like a discussion ...

Also, i would like people to remember something :

Shadow is an Open Source project, all the team members here work for free.

So what's the difference between a "team member" and a "shadowcash investor" ?  A team member is just an investor who is working to make Shadow greater (as Dev, PR, or anything else).

Lot of people here are waiting for things to be done, waiting for his investments to be bigger, in a passive mode.

If you really believe Shadow is a breaktrough tech and if you want you SDC to value more, you too have the power to do something for Shadow.

How ?

First, you could help to give content to the new wiki : http://shadowcash.info

You can help ShadowCash to be used by talking about it to merchant, gambling website and exchanges.

You can spread the work by posting comment on Bitcointalk, news Website and talking about it to the people you know.

You can also help the development of ShadowCash ecosystem, Market is not the only app that can be done in ShadowWallet and developers are always welcomed.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________

If you want to help the project, go to this topic and say what you could do to help, or what skills can be used :

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/354/how-can-you-help-shadowcash

Well said ffmad.

Share your talents, whatever they may be. If you're a gamer, Why not put http://shadow.cash or something similar into your gamer tag? Every little bit helps and if you can spark interest into just one extra person, who knows what may come of it!
child_harold

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:34:35 AM

well said ffmad!

with reference to this I think it appropriate to link to ffmad's donation page:
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/352/shadowtalk-html-wallet-development
This will help with the costs of hosting ShadowTalk and remunerate him a bit for his hard work with HTML Wallet Development and more.

@ffmad: could you please update the donation page with a shadow stealth addy so I can send an anonymous donation? thanks

child_harold

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:25:27 PM

[ANN]**NEW SHADOWCASH WIKI**
CHECK http://shadowcash.info NOW \o/

$SDC #altcoin #shadow @SDCoin
#betterthanbitcoin

Beautiful and professional work. Keep it up!

Thanks dasource

And all the amazing work being done by the rest of the SDC Team!

rynomster technovert ffmad 00Smurf trollsroyce crz SebSebastian Soepkip Gouda and the rest

Thanks also to SDC members who r currently building services, gambling sites and applications for Shadow!
Even if ur not developing anything thanks for being part of the fun (hehe) and a part of the SHADOW community…

WE ROCK \o/

What he said Wink

child_harold

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:00:08 PM

NEW SHADOW EXPLORER!
http://shadowchain.info

thanks dasource

Don't Forget about your media kits
http://shadow.cash/downloads/Shadow-media-kit.zip
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/74/new-branding-wallet-logo-icons-visuals-infographics-media/19

thx crz

Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:37:31 PM

Until the decentralized marketplace is delivered this coin ain't shit.

drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:53:38 PM

..decentralized marketplace...

You are very strong and tough, but do not be nervous.
Be happy and patient, SDC has nowhere to go beside up, the technology is stable and there is no similar or better tech these days.

Regards!
4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:53:49 PM

Until the decentralized marketplace is delivered this coin ain't shit.

Why, because the investors ignore it ??
Imho the tech is pretty amazing!
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:28:21 PM

Any news about the review?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:30:01 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 07:47:39 PM by Coolstoryteller

This project needs more devs and less of the gimmick crap... You all know i'm quite blunt and frank at times. I'll remain consistent and state an observation.

Gimmick is sneaking into this project...again.
The ShadowBay is not viable or feasible in the current state of its team makeup! Just be realistic about what you expect and what you encourage others to expect about that kind of gimmik crap this early. (My message to the community)

The team clearly stated it is looking into ShadowBay as an idea from the mass of the shadow community. But most people here, a week later started to change that story and started saying its happening within a month or so. (making me vomit) Personally i don't see it as something that will be viable nor will it be close to completion this year.  Its a gimik that most projects tried to use to justify price increase. It was and has always been driven by communities who think they know what they want and need. And i fear that its a pipedream of most to become a launchpad to "the moon". It is not a launchpad in this case and never will be unless there is sufficient talent, resource and motivation to fund devtime to completion. Besides, the core is not even working consistently across all platforms yet.

Many of you may think we need it now but i argue that its fools errand and that we do not. You will burn out the current team then the project will die.... I will stake my life on that!

Ryno, Techno need and want more devs interested in the tech. Not the gimmick shit most of you want to justify a rise in value.

The focus here should be recruiting dev talent and appealing to them. Leave the gimmick wet fart to xc, xst and the rest of those trash communities please.

The review will be good but not for what most of you think it will be good for.. It should not justify some price rise... It will and should be considered to be ip added to the project. It should be considered as somewhat of a tarmac paved road for devs to understand and be exposed to the tech. This is great tech that not many people in this field know about yet. Professionals want white paper facts, stats and cohesive reports on the tech. They have no time for promises, gimmicks and communities of trader only, influenced decisions. The focus here should be dev talent and exposure not through gimmick but through cold hard stats and facts!

The cold hard truth is; I can easily tell that the devs are burnt out already. The tech is great and the future is possibly extremely bright. However, the project should be put into beta mode so that it is very clear that the wallet is not completely bug free. Which, as you all know, it isnt. There should be a dev entry point and i strongly advise time and effort be focused less on gimmick bullshit and more on crawling before we walk and by that i mean focus more on ryno, techno's support. They need more devs and the tech needs more debate and scrutiny.

There is to much pressure on them to serve the trader and not enough support for them to actually go back and refine what they already have so it actually works.

I'm appalled that the marketplace has taken place of file voice and video support. Kim Dot Com and the rest of the world is going to show you just how important and relevant that stuff is, to both devs and mainstream.

Anyhow..thats my rant. I just encourage you, the community, to go back and rehash this whole marketplace stuff and the expectations you are laying on it.
I and anyone with half a nut can see this projects foundations have not yet been finished. It wont handle any kind of weight and its fast becoming yet another house of cards; doomed to join ranks with the rest of the ditched projects that actually had potential in this space. Because, as you know, its insanity to see the same moves and decisions being made and expecting it to be any different to them.

Nice to hear from you Longandshort.

Please enlighten me how voice and video is less of a gimmick than a marketplace where people can buy and sell goods or services. This is a currency project, a major component of currency is commerce.. not voice and video chat. There are plenty of options and projects that provide private voice communication and there isn't one currently that provides private commerce. In the original Bitcoin code Satoshi had a marketplace concept which was later taken out.. so one could assume his original vision was a decentralized currency coupled with a distributed marketplace.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/21bdki/fun_fact_the_original_satoshi_bitcoin_code/
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/5253d1ab77fab1995ede03fb934edd67f1359ba8

Commerce with coins has been plagued for years by theft either from operators or hackers or a combination of operators blaming hackers to cover their own theft. Communication is key between parties and that can be handled with the current implementation of Shadowchat. Improvements to Shadowchat could be made like assigning user names to address and pubkey combos to ease the learning curve but I think for the majority of users text works just fine. The marketplace is also something that the community decided (IRC and SDtalk) should take precedent over voice and video not anyone on the team or any shitty trading group.

While I do agree with you that core bugs should be a priority over everything else, I don't for one second believe that the marketplace is a gimmick or a futile attempt to increase the marketcap spurred off by traders. CRZ has been working on the marketplace experience for three months straight now refining it and developing it into a superior solution to OpenBazaar and other projects. Day traders will continue to speculate price and play with markets but that has no bearing on the progress made behind the scenes to establish an end-to-end decentralized commerce solution. The fruits of CRZ's labor will be released very soon. Something that goes beyond any of the competing privacy coins.

There is no pressure on the backend devs with regards to the marketplace. However, Crz has been under a lot of pressure to deliver the marketplace but he is a perfectionist and good things come to those who wait for his work to be delivered. Countless competing projects have tried to buy CRZ away from Shadow and he's still here working. The only pressure coming at the SDC devs is working to provide cleaner documentation for future contributing developers. Multiple reviewers have asked for cleaner docs and the general community and prospective holders are waiting for independent review for the system. I personally don't look at the review as something to boost the marketcap but something to provide clarity and validation. If that validation comes then it is something that will lower the barrier of entry for future holders.

If you're concerned with attracting developers to the project, St3Bas joined last month and he's doing an amazing job building new features, improvements and being active on the forums and IRC. He's a great addition to the core team..

Good documentation not only helps with bringing in developers but also helps with improving the existing framework by allowing higher level academics to peer review and suggest improvements. In my opinion, the current whitepaper was rushed out due to holder pressure and as a result the devs are busy providing docs and technical specs. Both the current reviewer and the CN reference developers have asked SDC devs for more technical specs for their review. I for one am glad to see that the core devs are actively working to that goal.

The forum trolls will continue to attack to project, same with developers from competing projects. But at the end of the day their trolling doesn't mean shit and is a piss poor marketing attempt to draw people into their shitcoin investments or lower the entry into the SDC market. The project needs to ignore that and continue working to fix core issues, engage existing holders with support, provide updates for mobile applications and deliver the best distributed private marketplace experience.

According to ffmad as of next week SDCDev will be more active here as his backpacking trip is winding down. I'm positive once he's back in the saddle again with reliable internet and electricity, the project's progress will resume back to pre-backpacking levels. Some of the concepts he's came up with for the project while in the middle of the jungle are awe-inspiring. For everyone who has stayed with the project during SDCDev's backpacking trip you're in for a wild ride this year.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:42:18 PM

@Coolstoryteller +1
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:43:04 PM

Any news about the review?

when will we see the damn review

Hey Blazin604, good to see you bro.  Hope the review will be soon.  Might be a while longer though, as rynomster (SDCDev) said he was in contact with Isidor, and Zeuner had requested some more documentation on the system.  

I saw on IRC, ryno said that Zeuner wanted something similar to this for Shadow: https://github.com/minium/Bitcoin-Spec

I guess it would help document things and make it easier to review.  Although the code is there for review, this extra documentation might make reviewing things a little more feasible I'm guessing.  Shadow does seem like a pretty complex and new system with a lot of code, so I'm guessing a review is no easy task.  I know a lot of people are hoping to see it soon, but I think it might take longer than people expect.

Anyways that is all the info I have on it, and I think nobody really knows when the full review will come out. I'm very interested to see how detailed it is going to be.

Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:22:59 PM

@Coolstoryteller
I agree with every your word.
P.S. CRZ is the treasure of SDC project. And i like St3Bas too, he's the great addition to the core team.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:28:06 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 08:41:23 PM by LongAndShort

This project needs more devs and less of the gimmick crap... You all know i'm quite blunt and frank at times. I'll remain consistent and state an observation.

Gimmick is sneaking into this project...again.
The ShadowBay is not viable or feasible in the current state of its team makeup! Just be realistic about what you expect and what you encourage others to expect about that kind of gimmik crap this early. (My message to the community)

The team clearly stated it is looking into ShadowBay as an idea from the mass of the shadow community. But most people here, a week later started to change that story and started saying its happening within a month or so. (making me vomit) Personally i don't see it as something that will be viable nor will it be close to completion this year.  Its a gimik that most projects tried to use to justify price increase. It was and has always been driven by communities who think they know what they want and need. And i fear that its a pipedream of most to become a launchpad to "the moon". It is not a launchpad in this case and never will be unless there is sufficient talent, resource and motivation to fund devtime to completion. Besides, the core is not even working consistently across all platforms yet.

Many of you may think we need it now but i argue that its fools errand and that we do not. You will burn out the current team then the project will die.... I will stake my life on that!

Ryno, Techno need and want more devs interested in the tech. Not the gimmick shit most of you want to justify a rise in value.

The focus here should be recruiting dev talent and appealing to them. Leave the gimmick wet fart to xc, xst and the rest of those trash communities please.

The review will be good but not for what most of you think it will be good for.. It should not justify some price rise... It will and should be considered to be ip added to the project. It should be considered as somewhat of a tarmac paved road for devs to understand and be exposed to the tech. This is great tech that not many people in this field know about yet. Professionals want white paper facts, stats and cohesive reports on the tech. They have no time for promises, gimmicks and communities of trader only, influenced decisions. The focus here should be dev talent and exposure not through gimmick but through cold hard stats and facts!

The cold hard truth is; I can easily tell that the devs are burnt out already. The tech is great and the future is possibly extremely bright. However, the project should be put into beta mode so that it is very clear that the wallet is not completely bug free. Which, as you all know, it isnt. There should be a dev entry point and i strongly advise time and effort be focused less on gimmick bullshit and more on crawling before we walk and by that i mean focus more on ryno, techno's support. They need more devs and the tech needs more debate and scrutiny.

There is to much pressure on them to serve the trader and not enough support for them to actually go back and refine what they already have so it actually works.

I'm appalled that the marketplace has taken place of file voice and video support. Kim Dot Com and the rest of the world is going to show you just how important and relevant that stuff is, to both devs and mainstream.

Anyhow..thats my rant. I just encourage you, the community, to go back and rehash this whole marketplace stuff and the expectations you are laying on it.
I and anyone with half a nut can see this projects foundations have not yet been finished. It wont handle any kind of weight and its fast becoming yet another house of cards; doomed to join ranks with the rest of the ditched projects that actually had potential in this space. Because, as you know, its insanity to see the same moves and decisions being made and expecting it to be any different to them.

Nice to hear from you Longandshort.

Please enlighten me how voice and video is less of a gimmick than a marketplace where people can buy and sell goods or services. This is a currency project, a major component of currency is commerce.. not voice and video chat. There are plenty of options and projects that provide private voice communication and there isn't one currently that provides private commerce. In the original Bitcoin code Satoshi had a marketplace concept which was later taken out.. so one could assume his original vision was a decentralized currency coupled with a distributed marketplace.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/21bdki/fun_fact_the_original_satoshi_bitcoin_code/
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/5253d1ab77fab1995ede03fb934edd67f1359ba8

Commerce with coins has been plagued for years by theft either from operators or hackers or a combination of operators blaming hackers to cover their own theft. Communication is key between parties and that can be handled with the current implementation of Shadowchat. Improvements to Shadowchat could be made like assigning user names to address and pubkey combos to ease the learning curve but I think for the majority of users text works just fine. The marketplace is also something that the community decided (IRC and SDtalk) should take precedent over voice and video not anyone on the team or any shitty trading group.

While I do agree with you that core bugs should be a priority over everything else, I don't for one second believe that the marketplace is a gimmick or a futile attempt to increase the marketcap spurred off by traders. CRZ has been working on the marketplace experience for three months straight now refining it and developing it into a superior solution to OpenBazaar and other projects. Day traders will continue to speculate price and play with markets but that has no bearing on the progress made behind the scenes to establish an end-to-end decentralized commerce solution. The fruits of CRZ's labor will be released very soon. Something that goes beyond any of the competing privacy coins.

There is no pressure on the backend devs with regards to the marketplace. However, Crz has been under a lot of pressure to deliver the marketplace but he is a perfectionist and good things come to those who wait for his work to be delivered. Countless competing projects have tried to buy CRZ away from Shadow and he's still here working. The only pressure coming at the SDC devs is working to provide cleaner documentation for future contributing developers. Multiple reviewers have asked for cleaner docs and the general community and prospective holders are waiting for independent review for the system. I personally don't look at the review as something to boost the marketcap but something to provide clarity and validation. If that validation comes then it is something that will lower the barrier of entry for future holders.

If you're concerned with attracting developers to the project, St3Bas joined last month and he's doing an amazing job building new features, improvements and being active on the forums and IRC. He's a great addition to the core team..

Good documentation not only helps with bringing in developers but also helps with improving the existing framework by allowing higher level academics to peer review and suggest improvements. In my opinion, the current whitepaper was rushed out due to holder pressure and as a result the devs are busy providing docs and technical specs. Both the current reviewer and the CN reference developers have asked SDC devs for more technical specs for their review. I for one am glad to see that the core devs are actively working to that goal.

The forum trolls will continue to attack to project, same with developers from competing projects. But at the end of the day their trolling doesn't mean shit and is a piss poor marketing attempt to draw people into their shitcoin investments or lower the entry into the SDC market. The project needs to ignore that and continue working to fix core issues, engage existing holders with support, provide updates for mobile applications and deliver the best distributed private marketplace experience.

According to ffmad as of next week SDCDev will be more active here as his backpacking trip is winding down. I'm positive once he's back in the saddle again with reliable internet and electricity, the project's progress will resume back to pre-backpacking levels. Some of the concepts he's came up with for the project while in the middle of the jungle are awe-inspiring. For everyone who has stayed with the project during SDCDev's backpacking trip you're in for a wild ride this year.

Secure, Voice File and Video support is extremely relevant in todays age. I'm not comparing the two side by side becuase i think its unfair and i actually like the marketplace idea and would love to see it of course. However i think one is more viable and "doable" short term. And one is a bit much to chew off short term. One is a stepping stone to something as huge and complex as a marketplace, which is to me, looking like the project is trying to run before it crawls.

I'm sorry if most of you misunderstood me saying its a gimmick. I meant only that its used as a gimmick by most projects. One that may never come to fruition. Kind of like stealthcoins' chandran signatures, not researched and thrown out there as a speculative asset long before it was even possible to achieve given the team makeup. The reason i'm appalled is because VFV support is extremely important as a base foundation for the core, in my opinion. Completing it as a means to communicate securely giving much more exposure to Shadows underlying tech sooner and without the inevitable stigma that is attached to any kind of theoretical decentralized marketplace. Most importantly the team was already setup to realise it shorterm. The team for a marketplace has to be much different. And like it or not it does need a few specialists or it will be a stream of beta and bugs for years.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/22/kim-dotcom-launches-encrypted-voice-chat-skype-killer

To me it makes sense to build one before the other. And to me, voice file and video seems more realistic given the devtime Shadow currently has up its sleeve.
But thats just my opinion. Inevitably, i know the focus isn't going to change. I'm just confused how it went from being a concept one week to a priority the next.
So in short we still agree on most things i only warned that SB is a bit much to go for, however im not keen to stifle it either Smiley GL TR
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304591604579292222768536610

I argue that the Shadowbay, right now, will chew everyones time and all resource. Thus it not allowing Ryno and anyone else to work on and deliver the neat things they have in mind.

PoS needs to change, core needs to become more robust and all the platform builds need to be in line with a procedure for updating them all that is more structured.
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 08:49:22 PM by Coolstoryteller

Secure, Voice File and Video support is extremely relevant in todays age. I'm not comparing the two side by side becuase i think its unfair and i actually like the marketplace idea and would love to see it of course. However i think one is more viable and "doable" short term. And one is a bit much to chew off short term. One is a stepping stone to something as huge and complex as a marketplace, which is to me, looking like the project is trying to run before it crawls.

I'm sorry if most of you misunderstood me saying its a gimmick. I meant only that its used as a gimmick by most projects. One that will never come to fruition. Kind of like stealthcoins' chandran signatures. The reason i'm appalled is because VFV support is extremely important as a base foundation for the core, in my opinion. Completing it as a means to communicate securely giving much more exposure to Shadows underlying tech sooner and without the inevitable stigma that is attached to any kind of theoretical decentralized marketplace.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/22/kim-dotcom-launches-encrypted-voice-chat-skype-killer

To me it makes sense to build one before the other. And to me, voice file and video seems more realistic given the devtime Shadow currently has up its sleeve.
But thats just my opinion. Inevitably, i know the focus isn't going to change. I'm just confused how it went from being a concept one week to a priority the next.
So in short we still agree on most things i only warned that SB is a bit much to go for, however im not keen to stifle it either Smiley GL TR

I agree with you there. I think both concepts are valid (commerce and voice & video) and have a place in the wild. I just think that there are so many other projects working on secure voice and video with much more resources at their disposal that it wouldn't make sense to justify moving towards that direction when nobody is working on a complete anon commerce solution. According to a few articles I've read, the majority of people using online commerce don't use pgp to encrypt messages. Something like shadow and sbay can offer a turn-key solution for users while utilizing shadow's biggest strength - anonymous transactions.

I would love to see a video and voice platform in the future something cool with like voice changers and image distortion but I think for the current milestone we would be better off with support the currency with a commerce ecosystem then introducing improvements to the chat at a later point when core issues have been worked out on both sides (currency and marketplace).

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:44:45 PM

I'm sorry if most of you misunderstood me saying its a gimmick. I meant only that its used as a gimmick by most projects. One that will never come to fruition. Kind of like stealthcoins' chandran signatures. The reason i'm appalled is because VFV support is extremely important as a base foundation for the core, in my opinion. Completing it as a means to communicate securely giving much more exposure to Shadows underlying tech sooner and without the inevitable stigma that is attached to any kind of theoretical decentralized marketplace.

I agree with you there. I think both concepts are valid (commerce and voice & video) and have a place in the wild. I just think that there are so many other projects working on secure voice and video with much more resources at their disposal that it wouldn't make sense to justify moving towards that direction when nobody is working on a complete anon commerce solution. According to a few articles I've read, the majority of people using online commerce don't use pgp to encrypt messages. Something like shadow and sbay can offer a turn-key solution for users while utilizing shadow's biggest strength - anonymous transactions.

I would love to see a video and voice platform in the future something cool with like voice changers and image distortion but I think for the current milestone we would be better off with support the currency with a commerce ecosystem then introducing improvements to the chat at a later point when core issues have been worked out on both sides (currency and marketplace).

Ahhh yes that would be great.

And on the rest, i agree on the points you make except of course the priority Smiley But i cant argue against a vote already taken, i'm merely voicing my constructive criticism as you know can be quite blunt and misunderstood.

I would hope to see the current PoS system upgraded asap and the mobile platforms on a better structured updating system along with the core dev team supported enough that they are motivated to clean up the core.

I also, very much like and think the idea of a mobile OS and even mobile phone range of ShadowPhones is both somewhat relevant and an attainable concept, longterm.
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: