Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:53:59 PM

Secure, Voice File and Video support is extremely relevant in todays age. I'm not comparing the two side by side becuase i think its unfair and i actually like the marketplace idea and would love to see it of course. However i think one is more viable and "doable" short term. And one is a bit much to chew off short term. One is a stepping stone to something as huge and complex as a marketplace, which is to me, looking like the project is trying to run before it crawls.

I'm sorry if most of you misunderstood me saying its a gimmick. I meant only that its used as a gimmick by most projects. One that will never come to fruition. Kind of like stealthcoins' chandran signatures. The reason i'm appalled is because VFV support is extremely important as a base foundation for the core, in my opinion. Completing it as a means to communicate securely giving much more exposure to Shadows underlying tech sooner and without the inevitable stigma that is attached to any kind of theoretical decentralized marketplace.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/22/kim-dotcom-launches-encrypted-voice-chat-skype-killer

To me it makes sense to build one before the other. And to me, voice file and video seems more realistic given the devtime Shadow currently has up its sleeve.
But thats just my opinion. Inevitably, i know the focus isn't going to change. I'm just confused how it went from being a concept one week to a priority the next.
So in short we still agree on most things i only warned that SB is a bit much to go for, however im not keen to stifle it either Smiley GL TR
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304591604579292222768536610

I agree with you there. I think both concepts are valid (commerce and voice & video) and have a place in the wild. I just think that there are so many other projects working on secure voice and video with much more resources at their disposal that it wouldn't make sense to justify moving towards that direction when nobody is working on a complete anon commerce solution. According to a few articles I've read, the majority of people using online commerce don't use pgp to encrypt messages. Something like shadow and sbay can offer a turn-key solution for users while utilizing shadow's biggest strength - anonymous transactions.

I would love to see a video and voice platform in the future something cool with like voice changers and image distortion but I think for the current milestone we would be better off with support the currency with a commerce ecosystem then introducing improvements to the chat at a later point when core issues have been worked out on both sides (currency and marketplace).

Ahhh yes that would be great.

And on the rest, i agree on the points you make except of course the priority Smiley But i cant argue against a vote already taken, i'm merely voicing my constructive criticism as you know can be quite blunt and misunderstood.

I would hope to see the current PoS system upgraded asap and the mobile platforms on a better structured updating system along with the core dev team supported enough that they are motivated to clean up the core.

I also, very much like and think the idea of a mobile OS and even mobile phone range of ShadowPhones is both somewhat relevant and an attainable concept.

For sure, I agree mobile and PoS should definitely be priorities. We had a mobile dev inquire about building out the Droid and iOS apps last week so it'll be nice to see where that goes. The more devs the better imo. Once SDCDev is back from his trek I'm sure we'll be able to get the project moving in a positive direction and with the same progress as everyone has been accustomed to in the past.

"I'm just confused how it went from being a concept one week to a priority the next."

It kind of happened over the course of a week or more. Someone brought it up in IRC a while ago and the entire channel for the most part agreed that the marketplace was a far more important milestone for the space than the voice and video. Pop back in IRC and we'll make sure you get your Ops back Tongue

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:03:40 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 09:30:33 PM by Coolstoryteller

Can we get some moderation holy fuck i have gone 2days this place become shitstorm:))

Sebsebastian volunteered to take over from Soepkip as the project liaison so we'll have much better forum moderation and activity on Shadow's social media in the future. Soepkip has been dealing with some AFK issues and it's one of the reasons for his inactivity and the general lack of moderation.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:27:06 PM

I also, very much like and think the idea of a mobile OS and even mobile phone range of ShadowPhones is both somewhat relevant and an attainable concept, longterm.

Yes I thought about a Shadow phone a while back. Probably the easiest way to do it is provide a mobile Android or Linux distro with all the garbage removed, a few useful things added (including the wallet), along with instructions for rooting a phone and a list of the phones it will work on. Then somebody else can go into the business of providing the prepared phones for those who don't want to do it themselves.

Hey does anybody think there would be a market for an anonymous shipping service using Shadow? You send me Shadow and the package information, I send you a .PDF of a FedEx or UPS airbill that I paid for. That way neither the shipping company nor the recipient has any link to the person who actually shipped the package, providing it was dropped in a box or something similarly anonymous. Of course they would have a link to me, but I can prove I had nothing to do with the contents of the package, because I didn't.  Grin

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:46:14 PM

I also, very much like and think the idea of a mobile OS and even mobile phone range of ShadowPhones is both somewhat relevant and an attainable concept, longterm.

Yes I thought about a Shadow phone a while back. Probably the easiest way to do it is provide a mobile Android or Linux distro with all the garbage removed, a few useful things added (including the wallet), along with instructions for rooting a phone and a list of the phones it will work on. Then somebody else can go into the business of providing the prepared phones for those who don't want to do it themselves.

Hey does anybody think there would be a market for an anonymous shipping service using Shadow? You send me Shadow and the package information, I send you a .PDF of a FedEx or UPS airbill that I paid for. That way neither the shipping company nor the recipient has any link to the person who actually shipped the package, providing it was dropped in a box or something similarly anonymous. Of course they would have a link to me, but I can prove I had nothing to do with the contents of the package, because I didn't.  Grin

+1

SDCDev was brainstorming about something like that weeks ago. You might want to send him a PM to pick his brain when he's back in IRC.

child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:36:06 AM

Until the decentralized marketplace is delivered this coin ain't shit.

With or without…
It matters not a whit…
We have anon…
We have Freedom*

*a new hope

hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:47:27 AM

Can we get some moderation holy fuck i have gone 2days this place become shitstorm:))
It's all good… Personally I found Rambo vs Trolls highly entertaining and undeniably cathartic. Ahhhh… better now.
Anyway looks like the octagon is getting wiped down and the thread cleaned up as we ready ourselves for some more (big?) news…

Just a few hours ago the new wiki was launched http://shadowcash.info/display/shadow/Welcome+to+Shadow

The stage is being set perhaps?

another crpto coin are releasing their Double Encryption + Anon 9th March 2015. its not based on ring signitures totally new tech - how do ring signitures work? in shadowcash as I may invest a little and what are future plans compared to NavajoCoin NAV/BTC

Did u u know Rambo is half-German and half native-American Indian (possibly even Navajo)? And that SDCDev is Rambo?? Consider yourself in the loop Wink

Nice work on http://shadowcash.info/display/shadow/Welcome+to+Shadow

I have some new BTC coming my way - Alot actually on the 9th March 2015.
I will spread (%) the love around. I dont want to put my eggs in the one basket do I  Cheesy

~hashforce101~
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:56:05 AM

I really like your richlist with USD value
can I stake in your wallet
How did you fund all this its very nice  Wink

your server responce is extremely tidy
very impressed
child_harold

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:00:54 AM

I really like your richlist with USD value
can I stake in your wallet
How did you fund all this its very nice  Wink

your server responce is extremely tidy
very impressed

one Q at a time pls

hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:10:21 AM

Well I did have to remove a ShadowCash Logo from the NavajoCoin forum on Beta Lauch Day 3 weeks back  Wink
But to be honest it was very funny and I enjoyed it .
child_harold

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:12:36 AM

Well I did have to remove a ShadowCash Logo from the NavajoCoin forum on Beta Lauch Day 3 weeks back  Wink

TBH I have no idea why ur here… well actually I do
Prove me wrong…
Do u have a salient Q?

i.e. what is it u would like answered?

Thx in advance.

Automatic Monkey

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:09:00 AM

I am curious, what is the association between NavajoCoin and the Navajo nation? MazaCoin is run by real Injuns and they declined to use the name of their nation.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
StealthCoin1

Activity: 498
Merit: 252

Life failures Stealthcoin, Ark coin and Safemoon

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:50:56 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 05:25:46 AM by StealthCoin1

This project needs more devs and less of the gimmick crap... You all know i'm quite blunt and frank at times. I'll remain consistent and state an observation.

Gimmick is sneaking into this project...again.
The ShadowBay is not viable or feasible in the current state of its team makeup! Just be realistic about what you expect and what you encourage others to expect about that kind of gimmik crap this early. (My message to the community)

The team clearly stated it is looking into ShadowBay as an idea from the mass of the shadow community. But most people here, a week later started to change that story and started saying its happening within a month or so. (making me vomit) Personally i don't see it as something that will be viable nor will it be close to completion this year.  Its a gimik that most projects tried to use to justify price increase. It was and has always been driven by communities who think they know what they want and need. And i fear that its a pipedream of most to become a launchpad to "the moon". It is not a launchpad in this case and never will be unless there is sufficient talent, resource and motivation to fund devtime to completion. Besides, the core is not even working consistently across all platforms yet.

Many of you may think we need it now but i argue that its fools errand and that we do not. You will burn out the current team then the project will die.... I will stake my life on that!

Ryno, Techno need and want more devs interested in the tech. Not the gimmick shit most of you want to justify a rise in value.

The focus here should be recruiting dev talent and appealing to them. Leave the gimmick wet fart to xc, xst and the rest of those trash communities please.

The review will be good but not for what most of you think it will be good for.. It should not justify some price rise... It will and should be considered to be ip added to the project. It should be considered as somewhat of a tarmac paved road for devs to understand and be exposed to the tech. This is great tech that not many people in this field know about yet. Professionals want white paper facts, stats and cohesive reports on the tech. They have no time for promises, gimmicks and communities of trader only, influenced decisions. The focus here should be dev talent and exposure not through gimmick but through cold hard stats and facts!

The cold hard truth is; I can easily tell that the devs are burnt out already. The tech is great and the future is possibly extremely bright. However, the project should be put into beta mode so that it is very clear that the wallet is not completely bug free. Which, as you all know, it isnt. There should be a dev entry point and i strongly advise time and effort be focused less on gimmick bullshit and more on crawling before we walk and by that i mean focus more on ryno, techno's support. They need more devs and the tech needs more debate and scrutiny.

There is to much pressure on them to serve the trader and not enough support for them to actually go back and refine what they already have so it actually works.

I'm appalled that the marketplace has taken place of file voice and video support. Kim Dot Com and the rest of the world is going to show you just how important and relevant that stuff is, to both devs and mainstream.

Anyhow..thats my rant. I just encourage you, the community, to go back and rehash this whole marketplace stuff and the expectations you are laying on it.
I and anyone with half a nut can see this projects foundations have not yet been finished. It wont handle any kind of weight and its fast becoming yet another house of cards; doomed to join ranks with the rest of the ditched projects that actually had potential in this space. Because, as you know, its insanity to see the same moves and decisions being made and expecting it to be any different to them.

xst have tor implemented, anon sms, and just released a new 3d wallet. xst wallet and block is rock solid. your coin have nothing beside broken block, lockup wallet and nonsense ring signatures no one bother want to know, this is probably the wallet is lockup because of cheesy ring signatures coding. a code reviewer which is not qualify to be one. oh, and no adoption. your coin is deem to die soon.

Stealthcoin, Ark and Safemoon my life 3 investment failures while bashing Ethereum at 0.20cent. Bye bye
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:38:24 AM

xst have tor implemented, anon sms, and just released a new 3d wallet. xst wallet and block is rock solid. your coin have nothing beside broken block, lockup wallet and nonsense anon no one bother want to know, a code reviewer which is not quality to be one. oh, and no adoption. your coin is deem to die soon.

Wow you have tor implemented, well anything can route through tor and its not that anonymous.  You have anon sms, how anon can it be when it has to go through a centralized message center.   And you have a 3d wallet, wow i am impressed, what does it do. 
StealthCoin1

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:42:04 AM

xst have tor implemented, anon sms, and just released a new 3d wallet. xst wallet and block is rock solid. your coin have nothing beside broken block, lockup wallet and nonsense anon no one bother want to know, a code reviewer which is not quality to be one. oh, and no adoption. your coin is deem to die soon.

Wow you have tor implemented, well anything can route through tor and its not that anonymous.  You have anon sms, how anon can it be when it has to go through a centralized message center.   And you have a 3d wallet, wow i am impressed, what does it do.  

tor is better with no tor. google message center, it only can trace to google. 3d wallet is rock solid so it's not broken or lockup

Stealthcoin, Ark and Safemoon my life 3 investment failures while bashing Ethereum at 0.20cent. Bye bye
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:54:22 AM

Wow you have tor implemented, well anything can route through tor and its not that anonymous.  You have anon sms, how anon can it be when it has to go through a centralized message center.   And you have a 3d wallet, wow i am impressed, what does it do.  

tor is better with no tor. google message center, it only can trace to google. 3d wallet is rock solid so it's not broken or lockup

I am sure Google wont tell anybody who sent the sms to their forwarding service.  lol
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:59:21 AM

I am sure Google wont tell anybody who sent the sms to their forwarding service.  lol

Google for privacy. Absolutely brilliant!

StealthCoin1

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:00:38 AM

I am sure Google wont tell anybody who sent the sms to their forwarding service.  lol

you can use tor to create fake google account, so there are many layers and layers of anon there.

rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:07:43 AM

I am sure Google wont tell anybody who sent the sms to their forwarding service.  lol

you can use tor to create fake google account, so there are many layers and layers of anon there.

Unless you have a fake phone account, you are still sending a message from your phone to a phone company message center which will retain all those messages along with their metadata.
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:23:48 AM

I am curious, what is the association between NavajoCoin and the Navajo nation? MazaCoin is run by real Injuns and they declined to use the name of their nation.

The name comes from the Navajo Code Talkers (encryption) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_talker
better you go to the other forum  Cheesy before you make someone angry
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:51:53 AM

Tor privacy has been broken, do a google search. Law enforcement controls alot of end nodes.
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: