Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:23:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:01:58 PM

And Ill have to bump this too…

microchoveur

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:28:44 PM

Very nice ! Shocked
Good things will happen very soon I'm pretty sure now, I'm ready for the ride Cheesy

IDAP.IO.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market.
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk

Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:22:39 PM

good to hear....i wonder...

rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:08:04 AM

This was unexpected, I cant wait.
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:24:38 AM

I'd like to request a small fix for the next wallet.  In the wallet's CSS add this line of code at the top:

Code:
html {
overflow-y: scroll;
}

This will force every page to have a scroll bar even if it doesn't need one.  I am a web designer and I get really annoyed when pages adjust side to side when a scroll bar is displayed and then removed. 

Thanks!
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:20:12 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 07:35:35 PM by skip60

it has been long time, since the last time i was here

price still sucks

sorry but it is the truth, price does not lie
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:42:10 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 01:15:56 AM by SebSebastian

price still sucks

It's a bit baffling.  

Shadow now uses similar techniques to give a comparable level of anonymity to the cryptonote coins, has a beautifully designed and user-friendly wallet produced and maintained by the core team (with encrypted messaging), lite-wallet functionality and staking mobile wallets (granted they need to be upgraded).

And yet ...  

My stock response to your complaints about the price in the past has been that the altcoin market's massively irrational, and those figures only seem to reinforce it.
I'm not sure what we can do about it, but I'd like to hear any ideas you might have.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:48:49 PM

price still sucks

I suppose it depends on your motivation for buying the coin. If your goal is to make a couple of USD trading on swings, it might not be for you. But I think big.

Why would anyone expect the price of the coin to represent anything real before there is anything to buy with it?

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:58:19 PM

It's a bit baffling.  

Shadow now uses similar techniques to give a comparable level of anonymity to the cryptonote coins, has a beautifully designed and user-friendly wallet produced and maintained by the core team (with encrypted messaging), lite-wallet functionality and staking mobile wallets (granted they need to be upgraded).

My stock response to your complaints about the price in the past has been that the altcoin market's massively irrational, and those figures only seem to reinforce it.
I'm not sure what we can do about it, but I'd like to hear any ideas you might have.

Do you expect that every time a new coin comes along that is as good or even slightly better on some aspects than the old coins everyone should dump their holdings and buy the new one? That would make one interesting financial ecosystem.
SebSebastian

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:03:53 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 10:42:38 PM by SebSebastian

price still sucks

I suppose it depends on your motivation for buying the coin. If your goal is to make a couple of USD trading on swings, it might not be for you. But I think big.

Why would anyone expect the price of the coin to represent anything real before there is anything to buy with it?

That's an important point, as with most alts our price is almost completely based on speculation at the moment. Shadow will be exponentially more useful when the decentralised market's done, but as you can imagine it's a huge undertaking. If you'd like to support the people responsible for the next phase of the market's development skip60 - or anyone else - please considering donating to our front-end devs/designers crz- and ffmad whose details you can find here.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:11:34 PM

It's a bit baffling.  

Do you expect that every time a new coin comes along that is as good or even slightly better on some aspects than the old coins everyone should dump their holdings and buy the new one? That would make one interesting financial ecosystem.

Shadow is not just slightly better than the cryptonote clones.  It has several big advantages.  The main one being it is implemented onto a Bitcoin blockchain so it can plug into existing infrastructure much easier.  It has an easy to use functional wallet with amazing features, while other cryptonote coins seem to struggle to even provide a functional GUI wallet for beginners. Shadow seems to have a huge dev team.  I know Duffield says that darkcoin has the second biggest dev team in crypto with 10 developers as well as many testers.  Shadow seems to have a team that can give the DRK devs a run for their money, hence why DRK tried to acquire the team in the merger proposal.  They have built a lot of stuff, and the marketplace will be coming in time.  Once that happens the project is going to get a lot more attention.  Right now people don't really know about Shadow, they are too enamored with pump and dump scams like paycoin.  If we build it they will come.  Price is ridiculously low right now, its only a matter of time before it booms.
SebSebastian

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:30:41 PM

It's a bit baffling.  

Where in my post have I suggested that? What I would say is that given that most altcoins are speculative investments I'd expect some people to move some of their holdings in response to projects showing exceptional innovation... or at least to hedge their bets to an extent. That just seems like the rational thing to do. Instead, a lot of people cling to coins that use technologies that have been superseded (not looking at anyone in particular  Wink) and instead of rationality exhibit a strange kind of tribalism. Which you've pretty much done by coming here, making some unjustified inference from my post and beating your chest a bit.

Shadow isn't "as good or even slightly better" than some old coins. It's light years ahead of most, and technologically on a par/ahead of many projects with market caps that dwarf ours. But you do have a point in a way though - I think it is partly about loyalty. If Shadow had appeared just 3/4 months before it did maybe its market cap would match that of those other coins. Instead by then many people had already pledged allegiance to their project of choice and remain loyal in spite of the innovations that occur outside it.

Pline

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:50:44 PM

It's a bit baffling.  

Where in my post have I suggested that? What I would say is that given that most altcoins are speculative investments I'd expect some people to move some of their holdings in response to projects showing exceptional innovation... or at least to hedge their bets to an extent. That just seems like the rational thing to do. Instead, a lot of people cling to coins that use technologies that have been superseded (not looking at anyone in particular  Wink) and instead of rationality exhibit a strange kind of tribalism. Which you've pretty much done by coming here, making some unjustified inference from my post and beating your chest a bit.

Shadow isn't "as good or even slightly better" than some old coins. It's light years ahead of most, and technologically on a par/ahead of many projects with market caps that dwarf ours. But you do have a point in a way though - I think it is partly about loyalty. If Shadow had appeared just 3/4 months before it did maybe its market cap would match that of those other coins. Instead by then many people had already pledged allegiance to their project of choice and remain loyal in spite of the innovations that occur outside it.

illodin is a closet Shadower Wink

Laugh it up while u still can…

I have larger percentage of the float of SDC than I have DRK, so please pump it up already so I can get second round of profit from it.
SebSebastian

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:56:18 PM

It's a bit baffling.  

illodin is a closet Shadower Wink

Laugh it up while u still can…

I have larger percentage of the float of SDC than I have DRK, so please pump it up already so I can get second round of profit from it.

Doesn't make his comment any less vacuous.  Wink

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:05:33 PM

I'd expect some people to move some of their holdings in response to projects showing exceptional innovation... or at least to hedge their bets to an extent.

That happened a lot in the past. Every time a new anon coin boasting to be the next big thing came along people would hedge on it just in case, and every time they lost their money. Every time. That might explain some of the reluctance.
Pline

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:13:16 PM

I'd expect some people to move some of their holdings in response to projects showing exceptional innovation... or at least to hedge their bets to an extent.

That happened a lot in the past. Every time a new anon coin boasting to be the next big thing came along people would hedge on it just in case, and every time they lost their money. Every time. That might explain some of the reluctance.

I think this hits the nail on the head.  This is why there is reluctance. People got burned so many times they don't even want to look into any more alt-coins and their claims.  But in time if Shadow keeps delivering on their goals, I think it will get the recognition it deserves.
SebSebastian

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:39:56 PM

I think this hits the nail on the head.  This is why there is reluctance. People got burned so many times they don't even want to look into any more alt-coins and their claims.  But in time if Shadow keeps delivering on their goals, I think it will get the recognition it deserves.

Yeah, that makes sense and I can understand why people would be more cautious about investing in cryptocurrencies now. Still this isn't Cloakcoin, Shadow's already delivered the technology with the ShadowSend v2 release. That's the bit that puzzles me.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:44:28 PM

I think this hits the nail on the head.  This is why there is reluctance. People got burned so many times they don't even want to look into any more alt-coins and their claims.  But in time if Shadow keeps delivering on their goals, I think it will get the recognition it deserves.

Sure, there has to be some actual stuff there, a coin that does what it claims to do and a market where it is used. We already have the first part, the second part takes time. Just time, there is no substitute for that. In the fast-moving world of crypto time can be underappreciated. In the meantime the speculators will be able to screw with the price. Fortunately it seems to be stable enough right now.

I'm fully invested, not because I can't afford more but because at this point good distribution is worth more than having a lot of coins. And if it reaches its potential, I will have plenty. Grin

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Pline

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:21:05 AM

I think this hits the nail on the head.  This is why there is reluctance. People got burned so many times they don't even want to look into any more alt-coins and their claims.  But in time if Shadow keeps delivering on their goals, I think it will get the recognition it deserves.

Yeah, that makes sense and I can understand why people would be more cautious about investing in cryptocurrencies now. Still this isn't Cloakcoin, Shadow's already delivered the technology with the ShadowSend v2 release. That's the bit that puzzles me.

Yeah that is why I invested, because Shadow has already delivered on the tech, and that speaks for itself.  I think the main thing needed is a good anonymous solution and also an easy to use experience for beginner mainstream users.  In my opinion this is where Shadow has the competition beat.  The wallet experience is incredibly impressive imo.  I don't think other anonymous coins can even compare to Shadow's wallet experience. 

I think the main problem is awareness.  People got burnt on other coins, so they don't even look into Shadow because in their mind everything is a scam now.  If people knew about Shadow's tech and just tried the wallet out, they would be really easy to convince about Shadow's value as a coin and investment. 

When the ShadowMarket drops, its going to be incredible.  I don't think people will be able to ignore it anymore.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:40:49 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 07:01:04 AM by child_harold

https://twitter.com/streamuse1/status/574810949854609408

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: