Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:18:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vince232

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:15:49 AM

anyone having withdrawal problems with Bittrex? Trying to pull off 10k SDC to stake but it stays pending in the withdrawal column
You need to approve the withdraw in your email.

never needed to do that before...Only had to enter my address, amount, and 2fa

Wth?  I always confirmed via email.  Never thought you can withraw without that hassle step
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:16:28 AM

anyone having withdrawal problems with Bittrex? Trying to pull off 10k SDC to stake but it stays pending in the withdrawal column

i j/k

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
lawgicc

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 11:26:00 AM

i j/k

lol just confused. never needed my email verification before

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
P3RS3US

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:28:10 AM

Just playing around but, Damn @crz
Your graphics look good everywhere!

vroom vroom
vaclarsush

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:41:29 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm a huge supporter of Shadowcash and I'd like to thank the development team for being so competent. Just a couple questions to the group, what is the most recent estimate for the completion of the market? Also, does anyone know why the price of SDC is so much higher on Cryptsy than say Bittrex or Poloniex? I think it's great that it is going for so much at Cryptsy but I'm puzzled as to why the prices at the other exchanges haven't caught up. Thanks again.
P3RS3US

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:55:26 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm a huge supporter of Shadowcash and I'd like to thank the development team for being so competent. Just a couple questions to the group, what is the most recent estimate for the completion of the market? Also, does anyone know why the price of SDC is so much higher on Cryptsy than say Bittrex or Poloniex? I think it's great that it is going for so much at Cryptsy but I'm puzzled as to why the prices at the other exchanges haven't caught up. Thanks again.

re Market: (ffmad on Dev Team)
Does the market have a release date yet?

Nope. I think we will have a better idea of the timeline for the first version in early April

re Cryptsy: No idea. Low SDC volume there. All the other numbers good tho. hehe. wow.
erok

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:32:05 PM

Hey Guys,

re Market: (ffmad on Dev Team)
Does the market have a release date yet?

Nope. I think we will have a better idea of the timeline for the first version in early April

re Cryptsy: No idea. Low SDC volume there. All the other numbers good tho. hehe. wow.
I stated this earlier. Arbitrage is possible but it is too low of a volume for me to give a fuck. Just checked... annnd their wallet is in maintenance mode.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:29:20 PM

Hey Guys,

I sold the few coins i had on cryptsy. Their wallet is blocked, so you can only do it IF you had coins there before they blocked it I think.

If you wanna enter the market, I suggest you to pay attention to the price on bittrex. If I was you, I'd wait to see if its evoloving upwards or downwards and judge the appropriate time to enter the market.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:25:59 PM

Good morning Smiley

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
insom

Activity: 276

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:28:07 PM

hey guys,
i just read the Motherboard Article on Shadow(cash)

decentralised everything?  Shocked

why is this tech only at 500k market cap
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:39:09 PM

hey guys,

Tell me about it  Grin

great that you come in right time,   things just start to be hot!

Welcome!
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:40:03 PM

hey guys,

Tell me about it  Grin

great that you come in right time,   things just start to be hot!

Welcome!

Yes indeed welcome!

We are WAYYYY undervalued. Now is your chance to get some really cheap SDC's Smiley

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:55:21 PM

Full set of ShadowMarket designs 

Click the pic below to go to the ShadowTalk post (and let us know what you think  Smiley).

Beautiful

This must be bumped on every page   Wink

Enjoy and donate to our brother crz , his work is beautiful,
to mention one more time,  his weakness is perfectionism

Grin

How you doin  Wink
insom

Activity: 276

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:09:55 PM

SDC is on Shapeshift aswell
these guys know whats good  Grin
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:01:55 PM

entered this coin with a substantial buy in, thanks for the opportunity

this looks fantastic:

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcryptonote.org%2Fimg%2Fcryptonote_transaction.png&t=550&c=HW8NhELiDhfzQw

also liked refusal of merger with dark (at least for now)

beating myself I did not have enough drive to enter in January.. but that's ok

have a separate question, as I assemble all my wallets from git master (when I can)  on Mac I found QT 4 is not sufficient and QT 5.4 has some compatibility problem and throws errors

what QT exact version should be used ? thanks much !

Cool
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 04:29:00 PM

entered this coin with a substantial buy in, thanks for the opportunity

this looks fantastic:

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcryptonote.org%2Fimg%2Fcryptonote_transaction.png&t=550&c=HW8NhELiDhfzQw

also liked refusal of merger with dark (at least for now)

beating myself I did not have enough drive to enter in January.. but that's ok

have a separate question, as I assemble all my wallets from git master (when I can)  on Mac I found QT 4 is not sufficient and QT 5.4 has some compatibility problem and throws errors

what QT exact version should be used ? thanks much !

Cool

Hi !

What errors do you have ?

Don't hesitate to ask your questions on ShadowTalk

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 05:11:44 PM

But really im mostly here because im a huge fan of proof of stake and a huge fan of cryptonote and a huge fan of the idea of using POW to distribute stake. So this coin has everything i would ever ever want.

^Love it!

It should clearly be at least a year long process, probably more. If fairness and decentralized distribution is the goal.

Why a year? Seems arbitrary. Anyway with mining farms/bots etc I personally don't see a prolonged PoW phase doing much for distribution. Why not just get to the good stuff (PoS) sooner rather than later?
btw i entered in December so missed the mining phase by a lot. Wouldn't have made much difference to me anyway - I find GPU mining stressful.

Sure. So let me say first, it is kinda arbitrary, that's a legitimate criticism of my argument.

So its all about that trade off. The more the stake is distributed the more secure the platform. But proof of stake is infact better than poof of work. Thats the reason for switching to it. So if you are running proof of stake too long than you are going too long without switching to the system thats better, the opportunity cost associated with not switching to POW begins to outweigh the benefits of fairer distribution. It would make something of a u shaped curve, the first day is the most benefitical, than the second one is less benefitial but still benefitial, until the day comes when the costs begin to outweigh the benefits and the curve benins to slope back up. The point where that curve is perfectly flat is the perfect point to switch.  It would be difficult to determine where this but you could create a model of sorts that would go some way towards giving an idea of the best trade off.

I cant really say what the best trade off would be, but i am pretty confident that it wouldn't be on either of the extreme ends, it wouldn't be 2 weeks and it wouldn't be 100 years.

Sort of the whole point is that POW proves that the devs arnt controlling some ridiculous percentage of the currency supply. Alteast its some reasonable evidence towards that fact. They cant just issue a bunch of currency and then "prove" that they sold it on the market because who knows who is on the other side of the trade. And something like what nxt did, who knows how many of those initial donations were made by the same entity. Who knows how many of them were made by someone sending bitcoin back to himeself. The pow is a solution to this problem, but the extent to which it is a solution is dependent upon there being opportunity for lots of other people besides the devs to get involved.

Really i dont mind a modest premine. I think it gives good incentives. If the devs are holding 5% of the currency supply than i see this as fair and good for the project since they have incentives to make their stake more valuable. But im forced to wonder if, as a result of such a short mining period, if the devs are holding much more than 5%. It worries me, and i think a lot of other people as well.

The POW time isn't a problem, POW distribution is the problem
Either it's 2 weeks or 1 year, the guys with the biggest hashrate will have the more coins. POW distribution can't be good, in any way.

People are always saying IPO are the "evil", but in fact it may be the best way to distribute a coin, it's fair and you can control it more than the other kind of distribution system.
It gives some funds to the devs and distribute the coin equally at the same time.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
erok

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:22:39 PM

But really im mostly here because im a huge fan of proof of stake and a huge fan of cryptonote and a huge fan of the idea of using POW to distribute stake. So this coin has everything i would ever ever want.

^Love it!

It should clearly be at least a year long process, probably more. If fairness and decentralized distribution is the goal.

Why a year? Seems arbitrary. Anyway with mining farms/bots etc I personally don't see a prolonged PoW phase doing much for distribution. Why not just get to the good stuff (PoS) sooner rather than later?
btw i entered in December so missed the mining phase by a lot. Wouldn't have made much difference to me anyway - I find GPU mining stressful.

Sure. So let me say first, it is kinda arbitrary, that's a legitimate criticism of my argument.

So its all about that trade off. The more the stake is distributed the more secure the platform. But proof of stake is infact better than poof of work. Thats the reason for switching to it. So if you are running proof of stake too long than you are going too long without switching to the system thats better, the opportunity cost associated with not switching to POW begins to outweigh the benefits of fairer distribution. It would make something of a u shaped curve, the first day is the most benefitical, than the second one is less benefitial but still benefitial, until the day comes when the costs begin to outweigh the benefits and the curve benins to slope back up. The point where that curve is perfectly flat is the perfect point to switch.  It would be difficult to determine where this but you could create a model of sorts that would go some way towards giving an idea of the best trade off.

I cant really say what the best trade off would be, but i am pretty confident that it wouldn't be on either of the extreme ends, it wouldn't be 2 weeks and it wouldn't be 100 years.

Sort of the whole point is that POW proves that the devs arnt controlling some ridiculous percentage of the currency supply. Alteast its some reasonable evidence towards that fact. They cant just issue a bunch of currency and then "prove" that they sold it on the market because who knows who is on the other side of the trade. And something like what nxt did, who knows how many of those initial donations were made by the same entity. Who knows how many of them were made by someone sending bitcoin back to himeself. The pow is a solution to this problem, but the extent to which it is a solution is dependent upon there being opportunity for lots of other people besides the devs to get involved.

Really i dont mind a modest premine. I think it gives good incentives. If the devs are holding 5% of the currency supply than i see this as fair and good for the project since they have incentives to make their stake more valuable. But im forced to wonder if, as a result of such a short mining period, if the devs are holding much more than 5%. It worries me, and i think a lot of other people as well.

Either it's 2 weeks or 1 year, the guys with the biggest hashrate will have the more coins. POW distribution can't be good, in any way.

People are always saying IPO are the "evil", but in fact it may be the best way to distribute a coin, it's fair and you can control it more than the other kind of distribution system.
It gives some funds to the devs and distribute the coin equally at the same time.
No way. We are panning for fuckin gold here brother! First come first serve. It was fair launched TWICE. QQ

P3RS3US

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:40:29 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 06:10:36 PM by P3RS3US

I've said all along I'd value the Shadow project at $1 ($6.5M marketcap) as a baseline even in it's current state.

+1 yeah right

StealthSend v2 ON IT'S OWN FFS.
I put it to anybody reading that Shadow is the best Anon Crypto today.

I put it to anybody reading that Shadow is the best Anon Crypto today.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:48:00 PM

But the guys with all the hash also have big bills to pay, and they dump the coins to everyone. So it works out the same way, the only difference is with PoW the people who sell the coins aren't the devs.

What I don't get is people screaming about a 2% premine. Big deal. We pay that to a mining pool, no difference.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: