Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:21:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nimelo

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 03:58:21 PM

So when is Aphrodite due?

I heard Wednesday
Manetor

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 10:35:55 AM

Avast detected blockchain bootstrap.dat port to blk0001.dat virus Stoned (2).
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 11:17:42 AM

Probably a false positive.

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:48:22 PM

FUD....
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:48:41 PM

Not hard to do. The BTC blockchain has virus code written into it. I don't know if it was done intentionally or it happened randomly. It can't execute of course but it still throws off the antiviruses.

I suppose a malware artist could write a virus payload to a blockchain, then circulate innocuous code to get the payload from the blockchain file and do the damage.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:50:30 PM

Not hard to do. The BTC blockchain has virus code written into it. I don't know if it was done intentionally or it happened randomly. It can't execute of course but it still throws off the antiviruses.

I suppose a malware artist could write a virus payload to a blockchain, then circulate innocuous code to get the payload from the blockchain file and do the damage.
It's FUD. He is from Librexcoin. This blockchain is clean.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
bskinners

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:48:47 PM

Any updates on Aphrodite?
Is there a forum that we can talk to devs.
Manetor

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:50:21 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2016, 10:41:54 PM by Manetor

Only AVAST, no AVG
You try on free https://www.avast.com/  

Screenshot
http://imgur.com/gMZzKrx

Stoned.2(b) is a malevolent Trojan horse that that often makes use of system loopholes and Internet vulnerabilities to break into the targeted computer and damage the whole system.

Stoned.2(b) uses your network connection to download additional malware onto your system. This Trojan horse also opens a backdoor in the system, which allows the remote hackers to visit your computer and do whatever they like in it. Moreover, it will install a key logger in your system in order to record your keystrokes and send that data to a specific server. As a result, your confidential information such as online banking account usernames and passwords will be revealed to the unscrupulous hackers.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:18:12 AM

Only AVAST, no AVG

Screenshot

Stoned.2(b) is a malevolent Trojan horse that that often makes use of system loopholes and Internet vulnerabilities to break into the targeted computer and damage the whole system.

Stoned.2(b) uses your network connection to download additional malware onto your system. This Trojan horse also opens a backdoor in the system, which allows the remote hackers to visit your computer and do whatever they like in it. Moreover, it will install a key logger in your system in order to record your keystrokes and send that data to a specific server. As a result, your confidential information such as online banking account usernames and passwords will be revealed to the unscrupulous hackers.

Network security is what I do for a living. 99% chance you have a false positive. AVAST used to be good software, but you can say that for a lot of anti-virus companies. These days I consider AVAST to be crap-ware.

To get a realistic appraisal try running it through https://www.virustotal.com/, or http://www.herdprotect.com/ (a few positives do not make it a virus).

For personal use I still like Malwarebytes the best, and run it in combination with Panda Cloud Free.

Never had any issues with SDC. Always make sure you download from the official source, because it is possible that someone might put an infected version out there.

Just for grins I ran my blk0001.dat through the latest version of Malwarebytes and Panda, and it comes up clean. I remember back in the day, all the mining software I used to run came up as a false positive, so I'm betting it's just another flaw in AVAST.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:54:27 AM

Only AVAST, no AVG

Screenshot

Network security is what I do for a living. 99% chance you have a false positive. AVAST used to be good software, but you can say that for a lot of anti-virus companies. These days I consider AVAST to be crap-ware.

To get a realistic appraisal try running it through https://www.virustotal.com/, or http://www.herdprotect.com/ (a few positives do not make it a virus).

For personal use I still like Malwarebytes the best, and run it in combination with Panda Cloud Free.

Never had any issues with SDC. Always make sure you download from the official source, because it is possible that someone might put an infected version out there.

Just for grins I ran my blk0001.dat through the latest version of Malwarebytes and Panda, and it comes up clean. I remember back in the day, all the mining software I used to run came up as a false positive, so I'm betting it's just another flaw in AVAST.

I've seen that too, might have been related to malware that forced infected computers to mine for someone else. Also employees using their company equipment for mining; security people used to find computers stuffed full of GPU's and hashing away overnight.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Manetor

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:52:25 AM

Anti-malware Malwarebytes OK, no virus Smiley
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:27:01 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2016, 08:09:31 PM by erok

Anti-malware Malwarebytes OK, no virus Smiley

Yeah avast is kind of crap. I don't know what happened to that company but they went the way of McAfee. I remember a time when McAfee would flag everything as a virus. So so so many false positives, then it would actually find something and not be able to do anything about it. Seems McAfee is getting on their feet now though a bit now that intel owns them. Would be cool to see them do some good in the world. AVG even has started to deal out some pop-ups lately but they still do a great job at protection though IMO.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:35:29 AM

I'm thinking this pullback is getting close to played out, and it may be a good time to start buying again. If we move up sharply from here, this will start to resemble the same patterns we saw in 2013.
SDC is back in bargain territory.
pufuletz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:40:57 PM

So what's new and what's coming on this front?
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:51:45 PM

Progress being made on the NodeJS module. https://www.npmjs.com/package/shadowcash

Getting good download action and it's drawing in developer interest  Cool

Great work @kewde
verb

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 01:38:05 PM

Progress being made on the NodeJS module. https://www.npmjs.com/package/shadowcash

Getting good download action and it's drawing in developer interest  Cool

Great work @kewde

Any news about Aphrodite?
Can't wait to see if and how will slack users respond to it

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 01:56:21 PM

Hi verb,

We've been delaying Aphrodite for some time because we're heavily working on the chat part. We've all been under the impression that the chat has been an underused and underrated function of our software.
Some told us that the chat window was a bit uneasy to work with, the selecting a conversation partner was hard, no groupchat.. etc all these tiny things that made it hard and impractical to use basically.

That's why crz has been working his ass of the past week, I can't count the days no more that I've ended up at 2 AM and he's still online, coding. Then waking up and seeing he's online before me  Grin
We're seriously improving the chat experience for the better, we're hoping to make ShadowChat the "slack" for all communications of the community. I've done some more work on the groupchat and ironed out a bug yesterday Smiley crz is giving it a sweet facelift, I've seen some sneak peaks and you can take my word for it, it is looking sexy as always. I think many people will be surprised with what's coming.

I know we've been delaying a lot, and nobody likes it. But we'd rather deliver something which we have faith in, than a half ass working GUI with loads of styling errors.

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 02:07:54 PM

Hi verb,

We've been delaying Aphrodite for some time because we're heavily working on the chat part. We've all been under the impression that the chat has been an underused and underrated function of our software.
Some told us that the chat window was a bit uneasy to work with, the selecting a conversation partner was hard, no groupchat.. etc all these tiny things that made it hard and impractical to use basically.

That's why crz has been working his ass of the past week, I can't count the days no more that I've ended up at 2 AM and he's still online, coding. Then waking up and seeing he's online before me  Grin
We're seriously improving the chat experience for the better, we're hoping to make ShadowChat the "slack" for all communications of the community. I've done some more work on the groupchat and ironed out a bug yesterday Smiley crz is giving it a sweet facelift, I've seen some sneak peaks and you can take my word for it, it is looking sexy as always. I think many people will be surprised with what's coming.

I know we've been delaying a lot, and nobody likes it. But we'd rather deliver something which we have faith in, than a half ass working GUI with loads of styling errors.
Smiley That sounds great! more excited now  Tongue
verb

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:13:40 PM

Hi verb,

Thanks for the reply, don't feel any pressure to rush things on my part. Would wait all the time that's required to see this thing work. 
Following twitter for updates.
Cheers

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:26:11 PM

Hi verb,

That sounds awesome!!!  Cool

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: