Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:17:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289609 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:35:04 AM

Read the OP bro and look at the preview for the new lite wallet, zk-SNARKs free video and voice calling, lite wallet for Android and IOs, and not even 2 months old, would like to see any other coin that has the innovation and progress SDC has, just remember zk-SNARKs was the talk of the town not long ago, everyone was saying DRK would be dead once it was released, well this month SDC will have it and it will be trust-less, need i say more, i hate talking about other coins here but you brought it up, i just looked at stealthcoin, i hold two coins and SDC is one that has everything they have for a while, not earth shattering not impressed.

People can already do video and chat with skype. That's a nice gimmick, but in terms of cryptocurrency usefulness, completely irrelevant.

zk-SNARKS would be cool if they weren't chronically vaporware. Frankly, without any hint from the team of how zk-SNARKs can be used to prove key ownership, one must be skeptical. There is absolutely no indication on this thread or anywhere else how the proofs will be implemented to anonymize transactions. I'd have a lot of SDC myself if there were. (If so, please link me to this info. I could be wrong, but I've looked pretty hard.)

I'll acknowledge that stealth addresses are awesome. But they were in vertcoin first, so not terribly innovative for another coin to add, unless they are layered over other anon.

In fact, the only coin to do this is SSD. It combines Tor anon with stealth addresses (which the SSD dev calls "TimeVortex 2"). In SSD, stealth addresses are already included in the source and Qt. The stealth addresses in SSD won't be activated for a week or so, to give most users a time to upgrade. I think that this delay has to do with the fact the stealth addresses create a different kind of transaction than regular addresses and so everyone on the net needs to be running the same wallet so they don't get rejected.

Now, either Tor or stealth addresses alone are not innovative. However, together they are very powerful, and a completely new combination. As the stealth people point out, but have yet to deliver, the combination protects against block chain analysis and network analysis.

I'd say, given all this, that right now, SSD is the most anonymous coin. Period. Maybe SDC will catch up.

Tor is used on heaps of coins, and free encrypted video,voice and IM are a big deal and skype don't give you encrypted nothing they sell your information to intelligence company's, lite wallet for android, IOS that stakes and contains all the before mentioned features plus zk-SNARKs is a big deal and if you look into XC they have multi-sig addresses and a TOR stick and a tor wallet and have had it for like 5 weeks so i guess SSD ain't that special.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:37:17 AM

Tor is used on heaps of coins, and encrypted video,voice and IM are a big deal, lite wallet for android, IOS that stakes and contains all the before mentioned features plus zk-SNARKs is a big deal.

I'm even more skeptical now because you didn't even bother to link to an explanation of how zk-SNARKS could possibly be used to prove key ownership.

At least wave your hands or make excuses. But don't ignore the question.

[addendum]

Chat, video, phone calls, smoke signals absolutely do not matter to people who care about anonymity and security.

[addendum 2]

XC Tor stick is still vaporware: http://xc-official.com/xc-tor-stick/

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:42:19 AM

Tor is used on heaps of coins, and encrypted video,voice and IM are a big deal, lite wallet for android, IOS that stakes and contains all the before mentioned features plus zk-SNARKs is a big deal.

I'm even more skeptical now because you didn't even bother to link to an explanation of how zk-SNARKS could possibly be used to prove key ownership.

I don't know, go here and ask yourself if your so interested, i'm not your slave. http://shadowhangout.com/irc i don't know if DEV is on so you might have to wait for your answer im not a developer, all i know is it's a trust-less version of zk-SNARKs and shadow already has stealth send (shadow send)it goes on top of that and if they want to add TOR it's not hard.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:43:02 AM

[addendum]

Chat, video, phone calls, smoke signals absolutely do not matter to people who care about anonymity and security.

ah yes they do, because i do and i do.
HappyHogan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:14:00 AM

I don't know.

And people wonder why they lose money in the altcoin markets.

+1 another bunch of bull shit hype, I only invest in coins without such hype
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:17:24 AM

The XC Tor Stick is not vaporware. You can download the .ISO and use it yourself here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg8266021#msg8266021

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:24:40 AM

The XC Tor Stick is not vaporware. You can download the .ISO and use it yourself here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg8266021#msg8266021

Some people arent here to ask genuine questions, theyre here to belittle shadowcoin or any other coin that they think might threaten their investment. So theyre always going to play the devils advocate no matter how much you try to explain to them.

Look at tx42's post history. Looks like he's in XST, a coin with a community who thinks that their dev is going to give them the only true anonymity feature once it drops sometime in Nov. XST is actually a legit coin with a legit dev imo, but some of their community members are toxic. Best to ignore them.

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:30:27 AM

Post history is a powerful thing. Smiley

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:37:45 AM

secure and private video,voice and chat?    Irrelevant?!!!   Its the biggest news in this whole damn market right now.   We are not talking about just a coin to pump and die on bittrex.  We are talking about a complete communications package that offers unprecedented privacy.   How can anyone be interested in Anon coins and not see the insane value of this?   Its a game-changer.   If I can open a app on my phone or desktop, communicate with peers privately, trade coins anonymously and buy/sell/trade through one platform, its game over.   Literally game-over I might keep a few thousand satoshis in BTC around just for the memories.

tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:35:33 AM

Some people arent here to ask genuine questions

Except where I say

There is absolutely no indication on this thread or anywhere else how the proofs will be implemented to anonymize transactions. I'd have a lot of SDC myself if there were. (If so, please link me to this info. I could be wrong, but I've looked pretty hard.)

Someone link how zk-SNARKS are going to be applied to anon and you could see me open my BTC wallet to buy a lot of shadow coin.

I'll post my buy right here on the thread too.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:41:17 AM

I don't know.

And people wonder why they lose money in the altcoin markets.

The dev hasn't released anything fully yet except what there is in the current client and all the papers are around the internets to prove their implementation.
you can find  all the links you need fist page of this thread  

Nothing gets released until its ready and done a concept you are failing to find all through this thread somehow! When the features you are speaking of are released you will be able to find information on them and how they are implemented but the source will be on a delayed released.

I hope this satisfys you! And before you say the team is hyping i just want you to understand that the community asks for things and we asked for a roadmap it is the community here hyping the new features. And i disagree we shouldn't be but people cant seem to control themselves and end up with people like you asking questions and looking awfully confused which then negates some of the genuine legitimacy and wisdom the dev team possess.

So please forgive some of this community for hyping things they really don't need to be hyping and i hope you can look past the bullshit and understand the process here..

Im sure you are smart and can work out that the team is to be trusted and has a record to prove it and no one is forcing you to do anything but keep and open mind and take a better look without applying all of the garbage you may come carrying in with you! You look like a smart person i'm sure you can work out the difference!
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:43:28 AM

Some people arent here to ask genuine questions

Except where I say

There is absolutely no indication on this thread or anywhere else how the proofs will be implemented to anonymize transactions. I'd have a lot of SDC myself if there were. (If so, please link me to this info. I could be wrong, but I've looked pretty hard.)

Someone link how zk-SNARKS are going to be applied to anon and you could see me open my BTC wallet to buy a lot of shadow coin.

The dev team is brilliant, and has always kept its promises so far. If you don't want to purchase shadow, it's your issue, soon you'll regret it.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:44:23 AM

I honestly dont know and dont even care tbh. I know that sounds foolish, but the only reason I invested in Shadow was because of the dev's proven track record.

Im sure there is an explanation somewhere. Join #ShadowCoin irc. Speak to rynomster/sdcdev. Im sure there are other members who are more tech savvy and can answer your questions also.

ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:44:49 AM

secure and private video,voice and chat?    Irrelevant?!!!   Its the biggest news in this whole damn market right now.   We are not talking about just a coin to pump and die on bittrex.  We are talking about a complete communications package that offers unprecedented privacy.   How can anyone be interested in Anon coins and not see the insane value of this?   Its a game-changer.   If I can open a app on my phone or desktop, communicate with peers privately, trade coins anonymously and buy/sell/trade through one platform, its game over.   Literally game-over I might keep a few thousand satoshis in BTC around just for the memories.

It would be the first altcoin with a real world application for the mass !! (yeah, just "anonymous transactions" will never seduce the mass)

For tx42, wait for SDCoin dev, he will answer you when he's up  Wink

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:51:51 AM

Wow. Three emotional replies with absolutely no info in any.

If you are a rational investor and own this coin. Sell now.

That's pure FUD post

Stop this ...

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:57:05 AM

Wow. Three emotional replies with absolutely no info in any.

If you are a rational investor and own this coin. Sell now.

I gave you a reasonable response but you are just being silly now, you either get it or you don't.

The information and clear signs of how this works and the process involved
here is link for you if it helps http://bitcoinist.net/shadow-coin-developer-interview

They pretty much explain what i'm explaining to you. They don't release anything until its been tested then you can get all the info you want..It is the community hyping the features they have extracted from the roadmap they asked for, nothing else! You will just have to wait until it is released. No one is really interested in you buying or not buying because we all know this coin does not need to be sold. Its just some of these guys here cant control themselves and as you say are emotional but really they mean well.

Most of us however, are not really phased by its price but are more involved with nurturing a community and tech that will benefit the world in some way rather then the opposite. But as you should be capable of deducing you will see a contrast of the types of people involved because not everyone is the same. So its up to you to work out whats important.

infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:10:25 AM

The implementation of zk-SNARKS is a work in progress. You are asking them to explain something that isn't yet accomplished.

I'm sure the dev team has an idea as to how they are going to go about it, but why would they share the details at this time?

Your expectations are a tad unreasonable at this stage of development, I'd say.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 08:34:44 AM

I'd say, given all this, that right now, SSD is the most anonymous coin. Period. Maybe SDC will catch up.

SonicScrewDriver aka SSD

man, i love doctor who too, but it's not a reason to hype his coin on other coins threads  Grin

And we don't need coins war, people can invest in both SDC and SSD   Wink (and the two coins seems heavily undervalued)

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:06:37 AM

I'd like to ask everyone to also join us on Reddit.

Please subscribe here: http://reddit.com/r/shadowcash

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:15:18 AM

I am so glad I bought some Shadow and be part of such a great community.

There is a bit of fud starting to happen now, so other investors may be seeing shadow as a threat to their investment, because this is the most under hyped coin going around atm.  There are very few rocket ships and moons in this thread.  That tells me that we have a very mature community here and not too many kids.  So keep up the good work Shadow peeps   Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: