Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:45:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:06:34 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 10:36:14 AM by LongAndShort

Blocknet may not be the be all and end all to cryptos issues and certainly is not the be all to its ultimate future and success. It is an idea not yet implemented, one that needs to prove its worth before elite tech joins in!

If this was about money purely then we would all be for the blocknet because apparently its going to solve all crypto economy issues! There is nothing stopping Shadow from joining in the blocknet later but in my opinion its wise for the core team to just focus entirely on their own project and hammer out its core foundations..

I also, personally think that Shadow has the potential to solve all of this within one network! An that is something you will have to kick back, relax and soak in! Its not fair what some of you are saying..fact is the dev team and project need to focus on their project and the blocknet is just another distraction that can be persured later on if need be. But again i think all this can be solved within Shadows network, it certainly has the potential to hold its own and certainly the plans and tech ideas for teh future that will completly change the way you think, see and interact with the Internet and online currency!!

The decision is wise in my opinion because Shadow is about to launch some extremely useful projects and needs all the team and its supporters energy focused on that. It certainly does not need anymore distractions and because it is able to enter blocknet at anytime it is not a loss or damage to anyone..It is just a very wise choice.

I advice some of you to accept it without dragging my name through the gutter again and again..some of the things some of you put my name to are just bonkers and you should really re-read what you are even insuating!!!!.

Please do read the stats.   How do you plan to expand the # of people that will actually use/accept Shadow coins?   How can SDC possibly become a currency with only 300 or so people??!?

The problem with SDC at its core is that the coin distribution is really skewed to the people that mined it at the beginning.   You can totally tell from the rich list.

http://sdc.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/index.php?min=0

Look at these stats:

Only 381 addresses with at least 10 SDC
Only 290 addresses with at least 100 SDC (~$7 USD)
Only 215 addresses with at least 500 SDC (~$35 USD)
Only 177 addresses with at least 1000 SDC (~$70 USD)
Only 101 addresses with at least 5000 SDC
Only 33 addresses with at least 50000 SDC
Only 18 addresses with at least 100000 SDC

The whole SDC basically is owned by under 350 people (some wallets for sure have more than 1 addresses).   (Not to mention that pookielax and mr.boh have a huge portion of SDC waiting to dump on our ass.)

That can only mean that this coin is not distributed evenly and in the long term, the coin will not survived if we don't expand the number of people that owns SDC.   

I really need to reconsider my position in SDC after this debacle....

They all start with one person! and have done, please i don't see your point of argument other then to state something that can be said about any coin including bitcoin! You have a point i just don't see how it is applicable to just this project in light of the topic here which is the blocknet! And for the a line points to you being sour about something that really has nothing to do with how many people hold or wont hold it in the future!

Let's not even talk about Blocknet.   At this point, that's water under the bridge.   What's next?   How can we distribute the coins to more than 200-300 at most.   Right now, there's only around 150 with more than $100 invested in SDC....   What do we do to distribute to more people since we are way pass mining phase now.   No significant new coins are being created to be spread to more people....

Most of its founders seem to be invested in its future knowing full well its tech and ability to change the way we think about this industry and interact with it. So until Shadow (and ill remind you its only a few months old)..until it makes a more robust core to then build upon. It is being modest and the market cap and amount of people invested and looking at it reflect that..

That will ultimately change when people/founders are comfortable at a price they wish to sell their holdings for. I cant speak for them but you cant just shuv a coin down peoples throat with bs marketing and graphics and expect it to be a project of integrity and worth; just to solve the distribution issue.. Shadows primary function is not really to be a currency to be honest and i think its foundations being built and its current tech are proving as such. If you just look a little deeper and away from bittrex charts. Its more complicated and has far more substance. Some of the tech that is in it and will be in it; will literally change the Internet and the way we interact with it; if you allow it to..

Its currency aspect will ultimately motivate people to look while its primary function is to be a showcase of that cutting edge cryptography tech which will and is useful and will further be relevant as time rolls on.. This also motivated by money, i,e its ability to reward contribution to its network of featurs held within its code. It will ultimately encourage more growth within its network of talented devs/supporters building on it (apps, Internet games, business systems ect ect) thus making it more exposed and attractive to not only crypto enthusiast but the world.

Simply put, the tech within it will be monetised at some point and people can and will need it to use its features..that is something that is a long way down the track and comes with mass mainstream adoption but right now the important thing is to focus on its core and hammer that out in my opinion..its amazing tech and people will come, thats a given but it must remain focused and its trying to do that!

I really encourage you to take a look at it and its community..no one has been trying to shuv it down anyones throat yet...Its like the ball effect when you hold it under water..once you let it go you know its going to explode to the surface to be exposed to the world  and it will make a spalsh right?!!  Wink

You say join Xbridge, I say Join Shadow

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:16:34 AM

Blocknet may not be the be all and end all to cryptos issues and certainly is not the be all to its ultimate future and success. It is an idea not yet implemented, one that needs to prove its worth before elite tech joins in!

If this was about money purely then we would all be for the blocknet because apparently its going to solve all crypto economy issues! There is nothing stopping Shadow from joining in the blocknet later but in my opinion its wise for the core team to just focus entirely on their own project and hammer out its core foundations..

I also, personally think that Shadow has the potential to solve all of this within one network! An that is something you will have to kick back, relax and soak in! Its not fair what some of you are saying..fact is the dev team and project need to focus on their project and the blocknet is just another distraction that can be persured later on if need be. But again i think all this can be solved within Shadows network, it certainly has the potential to hold its own and certainly the plans and tech ideas for teh future that will completly change the way you think, see and interact with the Internet and online currency!!

The decision is wise in my opinion because Shadow is about to launch some extremely useful projects and needs all the team and its supporters energy focused on that. It certainly does not need anymore distractions and because it is able to enter blocknet at anytime it is not a loss or damage to anyone..It is just a very wise choice.

I advice some of you to accept it without dragging my name through the gutter again and again..some of the things some of you put my name to are just bonkers and you should really re-read what you are even insuating!!!!.

Please do read the stats.   How do you plan to expand the # of people that will actually use/accept Shadow coins?   How can SDC possibly become a currency with only 300 or so people??!?

The problem with SDC at its core is that the coin distribution is really skewed to the people that mined it at the beginning.   You can totally tell from the rich list.

Look at these stats:

Only 290 addresses with at least 100 SDC (~$7 USD)
Only 215 addresses with at least 500 SDC (~$35 USD)
Only 177 addresses with at least 1000 SDC (~$70 USD)

The whole SDC basically is owned by under 350 people (some wallets for sure have more than 1 addresses).   (Not to mention that pookielax and mr.boh have a huge portion of SDC waiting to dump on our ass.)

That can only mean that this coin is not distributed evenly and in the long term, the coin will not survived if we don't expand the number of people that owns SDC.   

They all start with one person! and have done, please i don't see your point of argument other then to state something that can be said about any coin including bitcoin! You have a point i just don't see how it is applicable to just this project in light of the topic here which is the blocknet! And for the a line points to you being sour about something that really has nothing to do with how many people hold or wont hold it in the future!

Let's not even talk about Blocknet.   At this point, that's water under the bridge.   What's next?   How can we distribute the coins to more than 200-300 at most.   Right now, there's only around 150 with more than $100 invested in SDC....   What do we do to distribute to more people since we are way pass mining phase now.   No significant new coins are being created to be spread to more people....

Most of its founders seem to be invested in its future knowing full well its tech and ability to change the way we think about this industry and interact with it. So until Shadow (and ill remind you its only a few months old)..until it makes a more robust core to then build upon. It is being modest and the market cap and amount of people invested and looking at it reflect that..

That will ultimately change when people/founders are comfortable at a price they wish to sell their holdings for. I cant speak for them but you cant just shuv a coin down peoples throat with bs marketing and graphics and expect it to be a project of integrity and worth; just to solve the distribution issue.. Shadows primary function is not really to be a currency to be honest and i think its foundations being built and its current tech are proving as such. If you just look a little deeper and away from bittrex charts. Its more complicated and has far more substance. Some of the tech that is in it and will be in it; will literally change the Internet and the way we interact with it; if you allow it to..

Its currency aspect will ultimately motivate people to look while its primary function is to be a showcase of that cutting edge cryptography tech which will and is useful and will further be relevant as time rolls on.. This also motivated by money, i,e its ability to reward contribution to its network of featurs held within its code. It will ultimately encourage more growth within its network of talented devs/supporters building on it (apps, Internet games, business systems ect ect) thus making it more exposed and attractive to not only crypto enthusiast but the world.

Simply put, the tech within it will be monetised at some point and people can and will need it to use its features..that is something that is a long way down the track and comes with mass mainstream adoption but right now the important thing is to focus on its core and hammer that out in my opinion..its amazing tech and people will come, thats a given but it must remain focused and its trying to do that!

I really encourage you to take a look at it and its community..no one has been trying to shuv it down anyones throat yet...Its like the ball effect when you hold it under water..once you let it go you know its going to explode to the surface to be exposed to the world  and it will make a spalsh right?!!  Wink

No dude, you say "Buy MY coins, cause I want quick buck"...
I'll wait for your pumps whenever that comes...should be fun considering that the dev of this coin is acting like a kid...
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:25:46 AM

So glad to have you here longandshort.

I agree with you 100%, nobody can articulate their position quite like you. 
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:47:04 PM

Hi all

After a few lengthy discussions and votes amongst team members, we've decided that we will not be joining BlockNet.

Details will be provided shortly
I've been waiting for this coin to move for ages. I'm may not be a big holder of shadow with my 10k coins but with the news of Blocknet I really thought that things are going to improve.
It looks like the 2 biggest holders of shadow pookie and longshort really can decide where this coin to go.
You say "discussions and votes amongst team members" decided the future of this coin. Really! Why didn't you vote "amongst team members" before making the announcement of joining the Blocknet ?
This comes to show that your interest in Crypto technology and evolution is very little, and 2 or more big holders can decide on the future of it.
As Viper said these 2 were more "vocal". Of course they were, because there is big money involved in their loud talking.
You and them probably have the biggest money invested in the coin, so you are not looking at the future of the coin but for profit that can be manipulated by few members. That makes this coin despite its technology, a pump and dump for the future.
Should you have joined the blocknet there would have been some rules to respect and fair-play not just pump and dump.
Each coin had to keep pace with the technology.
It looks that pookie and longandshort are afraid of that and you too and rather stay solo in order to manipulate and decide the faith of the coin at anytime.
So i'm waiting for that pump, whenever you and the big holders decide, to dump mine.
Very disappointed  to find out that this coin is only for money making. Your change of decision based on the big holders just proved that.

The problem with SDC at its core is that the coin distribution is really skewed to the people that mined it at the beginning.   You can totally tell from the rich list.

Look at these stats:

Only 290 addresses with at least 100 SDC
Only 215 addresses with at least 500 SDC
Only 177 addresses with at least 1000 SDC

The whole SDC basically is owned by under 350 people (some wallets for sure have more than 1 addresses).   (Not to mention that pookielax and mr.boh have a huge portion of SDC waiting to dump on our ass.)

"if we don't expand the number of people that owns SDC" And how is that supposed to happen ?
Joining the blocknet would have been a Statement that shadow means business and is not afraid of taking things seriously, and that would have attracted more and more buyers, let alone the fact that being part of the blocknet would have brought more income for the coin, making it stronger. The faith of the coin is in the hands of a few. I've never seen in my life such a change of decision, after the complaint of 2 holders. WE, all the others seem to have been happy of joining the Blocknet.
Clearly, our voices did not matter much!

Funny that..

Black coin,  had almost exactly the same stats back when people were buying them at 6-1200 sat

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:24:01 PM

I really encourage you to take a look at it and its community..no one has been trying to shuv it down anyones throat yet...Its like the ball effect when you hold it under water..once you let it go you know its going to explode to the surface to be exposed to the world  and it will make a spalsh right?!!  Wink

So glad to have you here longandshort.

I agree with you 100%, nobody can articulate their position quite like you.  

+1

Having a few "Whales" holding the majority of the coin should be a light to your decision making. We are holding as we know this coin is a cut above the rest in terms of innovation and long term success.

Having less coins to sell in the market will increase the price of this coin and if i were a whale, I would wait until a big enough market cap to cash out without hurting the price.

For all of those uncertain about their investment, please take a look at the current coins on your market exchange and tell me if you feel more confident investing your money. A coin that can't go any lower than its current price (SDC) or others coins that are coming back down from a 400% increase by a pump and dump crew.

This is not wizardry, this is not speculation, this is knowledge.

Lets take a look at Nortel v.s Apple.

Here is Nortel. It kind of looks like...i dont want to fud

Here is a look at Apple. Similar to what SDC is doing. The choice is yours to make

Have a nice day

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:56:19 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 04:09:50 PM by TheGer

I've been a part of a coin that had a very few holders have the majority of coins.  Those people have the ear of the Devs and it's and it's insane how they can bully the Dev to make decisions he would not normally make to keep them happy.  In these situations there is a lot of lying and deception to the public while back room deals go on.  I have seen it first hand.

They also get the inside information on releases and announcements ahead of time so they can manipulate the markets with pump and dumps.  They cry the loudest while they are the ones screwing the rest of SDC buyers and sellers to make their profits.

The Dev obviously thought Blocknet was a good choice for the future, and were I in his place it would be the perfect opportunity to get those coins distributed to others early in its life.  Make the decision you want and call their bluff to dump their coins.  If they do then you've got a community of people willing to pick them up and 'wala! there you have a more distributed base of people holding your coin.  Solves that problem.

Sold my SDC this morning, don't want to be part of this type of manipulated coin again.
Bitcoines

Activity: 591

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:37:31 PM

I've been a part of a coin that had a very few holders have the majority of coins.  Those people have the ear of the Devs and it's and it's insane how they can bully the Dev to make decisions he would not normally make to keep them happy.  In these situations there is a lot of lying and deception to the public while back room deals go on.  I have seen it first hand.

They also get the inside information on releases and announcements ahead of time so they can manipulate the markets with pump and dumps.  They cry the loudest while they are the ones screwing the rest of SDC buyers and sellers to make their profits.

The Dev obviously thought Blocknet was a good choice for the future, and were I in his place it would be the perfect opportunity to get those coins distributed to others early in its life.  Make the decision you want and call their bluff to dump their coins.  If they do then you've got a community of people willing to pick them up and 'wala! there you have a more distributed base of people holding your coin.  Solves that problem.

Sold my SDC this morning, don't want to be part of this type of manipulated coin again.

I honestly didn't believe in the xcstuff, if you notice, most of the coins there has nothing to do with the lvl of development going at SDC, thanks for your cheap coins Smiley

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
TheGer

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:49:41 PM

You're welcome.  

I honestly didn't believe in the xcstuff, if you notice, most of the coins there has nothing to do with the lvl of development going at SDC, thanks for your cheap coins Smiley
fearcoka
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:55:52 PM

You're welcome.  

TheGer, you post tastes of fail.

It's not like people can't buy SDC right now... lets be real. You could buy up to 500k SDC if you wanted to right now no problem.

00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:59:29 PM

Show me one coin aside from bitcoin that has good distribution.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:03:29 PM

It really is this simple, its just unwise to go headfirst into anything like that. If it proves its worth then people will migrate. To me its just that simple.
TheGer

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:39:47 PM

Lol...  Pass....

You're welcome.  

TheGer, you post tastes of fail.

It's not like people can't buy SDC right now... lets be real. You could buy up to 500k SDC if you wanted to right now no problem.
AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:51:09 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 06:31:31 PM by AnonCoinTwitter

What's next?   How can we distribute the coins to more than 200-300 at most.   Right now, there's only around 150 with more than $100 invested in SDC....   What do we do to distribute to more people since we are way pass mining phase now.   No significant new coins are being created to be spread to more people....

I have a lot of marketing ideas in regards to zero-knowledge coins.  I think a lot of people are sitting on the fence until after zk-snarks after which it should be easy to attract a lot of new investors

sdcoin is there a current ETA on zk-snarks?

HappyHogan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:33:16 PM

Bitcoin does not have good distribution
Shadow5

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:31:02 PM

Knock knock...

00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:03:44 PM

Bitcoin does not have good distribution

Then no coins have good distro. So the point is moot.
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:38:42 AM

October is half over. Can we have an update on the September roadmap targets please?
zuyfg888

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:38:44 AM

So SSV2 UPDATE???
fearcoka
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:06:06 PM

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:08:01 PM

Any news coming out?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: