Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:32:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 09:06:22 AM

I think Dan isn't stupid enough to add a coin that hasn't been approved by it's Dev team and risk his credibility and reputation it doesn't make sense and all though we are part of this community we are only speculators so it's the decision entirely of the SDC Team i'm happy either way but as far as im concerned this will only bring more recognition and publicity to SDC and it's not like XBridge is some binding contract if our Dev doesn't like whats going on he can break away at any time, it's really free advertisement because XC is a major player in the crypto world and the community's huge, yes we don't need it,SDC is a force to be reckoned with and has a extremely bright future..but i don't see how it can hurt.

It can hurt Shadow where people don't understand what it means!

I don't believe Shadow needs to collaborate with dev talent in such a way. When it can be done and is done in many other ways that does not attach a project in the minds of people to the rest of the proposed projects there on the rider!

I don't see the a justification in the amount of risk carried by it that can spill onto Shadow. I don't see it  balanced out by what Shadow cannot achieve without it and without the risk of it backfiring!

If one of those projects is found to be a scam or found to have exploits and i know it may sound silly but its the hard truth. The rest of the projects carry that burden in their image because they are affiliated through such a thing like the bridge (in the minds of uneducated masses)..

I just don't see how Shadow stands to benefit without so much risk nor do i believe it needs to collaborate in that way when it can do it without the risk! Yes one can argue that its a marketing stunt and will allow each project to benefit from resource such as attentions and marketing and funds.

I just don't think Shadow is going to need it. It has great tech a great team of talented individuals working on it and supporting it. I cannot justify taking the risk on such a thing to achieve what shadow will on its own because it has the tech to carry itself and the repore with other devs to collaborate and the attention from vc to fund devtime!!
As i said brother i'm very happy with what SDC is doing and if it is or is not in the XBridge i am happy because SDC is solid, but I really do think there is no way Dan would add it without talking to our Dev and i have strong confidence that he knows whats best for SDC and if he thought it was a bad idea he wouldn't of agreed in the first place, look at all he has done in this short time, he isn't stupid, he knows what he is doing, i would say he knows a lot more about what is involved then any of us or the XC community, i say we just relax and what will be will be, we are in good hands.

Trusting the people in power and assuming what their intentions are is what lead most of the world to where it is mate. And it is why some of us are supporting and developing this tech to displace it from it's current foothold.

I'm just saying that i don't believe the sdc team or its supporters have said they are "in" Thats fact and is not an assumption! And that means that this is not something to be debated. Its false and someone has overlooked that fact when they decided to put sdc on its graphics and spread the word its 100% in! It's not and if anything, it is being considered but i don't believe anyone has said "its in"
well lets just say the SDC team did not agree to this Dan looks stupid, looses credibility in front of the whole crypto community and i guess we just keep doing what we are doing over here and that's the end of it.
But if they did agree it has nothing to do with us..they are the ones spending the money to develop, they are the ones putting the time in to make it happen, and regardless if we like it or not, it's there decision we are not investors we are speculators, this isn't a company, we do not hold stocks, we have no say, it's there decision, and i trust there decision, because everything they have done so far has proven to me that they are very capable and intelligent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:27:14 AM

I think Dan isn't stupid enough to add a coin that hasn't been approved by it's Dev team and risk his credibility and reputation it doesn't make sense and all though we are part of this community we are only speculators so it's the decision entirely of the SDC Team i'm happy either way but as far as im concerned this will only bring more recognition and publicity to SDC and it's not like XBridge is some binding contract if our Dev doesn't like whats going on he can break away at any time, it's really free advertisement because XC is a major player in the crypto world and the community's huge, yes we don't need it,SDC is a force to be reckoned with and has a extremely bright future..but i don't see how it can hurt.

I don't believe Shadow needs to collaborate with dev talent in such a way. When it can be done and is done in many other ways that does not attach a project in the minds of people to the rest of the proposed projects there on the rider!

I don't see the a justification in the amount of risk carried by it that can spill onto Shadow. I don't see it  balanced out by what Shadow cannot achieve without it and without the risk of it backfiring!

If one of those projects is found to be a scam or found to have exploits and i know it may sound silly but its the hard truth. The rest of the projects carry that burden in their image because they are affiliated through such a thing like the bridge (in the minds of uneducated masses)..

I just don't see how Shadow stands to benefit without so much risk nor do i believe it needs to collaborate in that way when it can do it without the risk! Yes one can argue that its a marketing stunt and will allow each project to benefit from resource such as attentions and marketing and funds.

I just don't think Shadow is going to need it. It has great tech a great team of talented individuals working on it and supporting it. I cannot justify taking the risk on such a thing to achieve what shadow will on its own because it has the tech to carry itself and the repore with other devs to collaborate and the attention from vc to fund devtime!!
As i said brother i'm very happy with what SDC is doing and if it is or is not in the XBridge i am happy because SDC is solid, but I really do think there is no way Dan would add it without talking to our Dev and i have strong confidence that he knows whats best for SDC and if he thought it was a bad idea he wouldn't of agreed in the first place, look at all he has done in this short time, he isn't stupid, he knows what he is doing, i would say he knows a lot more about what is involved then any of us or the XC community, i say we just relax and what will be will be, we are in good hands.

Trusting the people in power and assuming what their intentions are is what lead most of the world to where it is mate. And it is why some of us are supporting and developing this tech to displace it from it's current foothold.

I'm just saying that i don't believe the sdc team or its supporters have said they are "in" Thats fact and is not an assumption! And that means that this is not something to be debated. Its false and someone has overlooked that fact when they decided to put sdc on its graphics and spread the word its 100% in! It's not and if anything, it is being considered but i don't believe anyone has said "its in"
well lets just say the SDC team did not agree to this Dan looks stupid, looses credibility in front of the whole crypto community and i guess we just keep doing what we are doing over here and that's the end of it.
But if they did agree it has nothing to do with us..they are the ones spending the money to develop, they are the ones putting the time in to make it happen, and regardless if we like it or not, it's there decision we are not investors we are speculators, this isn't a company, we do not hold stocks, we have no say, it's there decision, and i trust there decision, because everything they have done so far has proven to me that they are very capable and intelligent.

Sure, im not questioning dev ability at all. I believe you discount you position here and many others. This is nothing with out us. And our choices and opinions matter and what make it so. But more importantly i brought up the fact that sdc is not "in" but its being said otherwise by outsiders and thats what i'm concerned about here and was the primary topic i brought up and gave opinion and advice on to begin with.

What we (The Shadow community) have in the works here will dwarf any of this debate. I only merely state that Shadow is not "in" until it has been publicly stated otherwise by the Shadow community and its dev team. And to date, that is not the case.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 09:44:04 AM

Sure, im not questioning dev ability at all. I believe you discount you position here and many others. This is nothing with out us. And our choices and opinions matter and what make it so. But more importantly i brought up the fact that sdc is not "in" but its being said otherwise by outsiders and thats what i'm concerned about here and was the primary topic i brought up and gave opinion and advice on to begin with.

What we (The Shadow community) have in the works here will dwarf any of this debate. I only merely state that Shadow is not "in" until it has been publicly stated otherwise by the Shadow community and its dev team. And to date, that is not the case.
I do agree, but lets just wait to see what the Dev says and then we can express our opinions and ask more questions, we shouldn't have to wait long I'm sure he will be on soon  Wink
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

^^  The answer lies somewhere in the shadows.  Grin
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:58:10 AM

^^  The answer lies somewhere in the shadows.  Grin
hahahaha Grin

Heh indeed it would seem so Smiley
Altcoin Prophet

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:26:55 PM

I think it can only help and not hurt SDC. It's free marketing and cost no money at all. Ryno can pull out at anytime. Seems some here just don't like the idea of joint cooperation among coins.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:31:02 PM

I think it can only help and not hurt SDC. It's free marketing and cost no money at all. Ryno can pull out at anytime. Seems some here just don't like the idea of joint cooperation among coins.

Well yeah its under consideration and they will ultimately have a decision some day soon.
BTC-king

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:32:20 PM

Agreed. Can't see how it would hurt SDC. Ryno did Dan put SDC on Xbridge without your permission or maybe by mistake? If so have you asked him why?
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:34:17 PM

Agreed. Can't see how it would hurt SDC. Ryno did Dan put SDC on Xbridge without your permission or maybe by mistake? If so have you asked him why?

Like i said its under consideration and we will all find out within a week i guess
KidKrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:39:53 PM

I was in the iirc last night having a rather decent conversation with Trolls and Ryno and a few others about this and other things. I flat out ask pretty much that question to Ryno. He yes it was to be on it and that he was awaiting to see how its rolled out and implemented before really commenting on it. I got the impression that he wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of scam or wanted to know the mechanics of it.  But at no point did he say it wasn't to be on there or Dan M did it without permission.

fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:14:28 PM

Reading over this.... Fuck this BLOCKNET, just more vapor Ware, We dont need XC, theyr dying and trying to find anyway to pump the price... and look that announcement did nothing because its just another Future Promise. Honestly dont think we should be apart of this, and I dont like the SDC name being thrown around with alot of the other shitcoins in that X bridge group... This has left an extremely sour taste in my mouth for SDC, I hope we can break away from this, that or SDCDev can give us a formal statement....

Xbridge and im out.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:16:20 PM

Reading over this.... Fuck this BLOCKNET, just more vapor Ware, We dont need XC, theyr dying and trying to find anyway to pump the price... and look that announcement did nothing because its just another Future Promise. Honestly dont think we should be apart of this, and I dont like the SDC name being thrown around with alot of the other shitcoins in that X bridge group... This has left an extremely sour taste in my mouth for SDC, I hope we can break away from this, that or SDCDev can give us a formal statement....

But you're okay with trolling and fudding other coins when your name is associated with SDC?

I doubt anyone anywhere gives a fuck what you think.
Disturbia

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:17:59 PM

Wow cooperation and getting along with other coins is so horrible. Why not read up on it and quite being so negative?

SDC is still SDC. but you could get Xmixer fees from a swift holder too if they decide to use SDC chat for an important message for example.  So the unique qualities of each coin are still important and not shared like owning all coins. They are just at the disposal of a much larger audience at once. You still need to hold SDC to benefit fully from it. The bigger the blocknet gets the better. than people loose this vision of a conglomerate and see BLocknet for what it is. a binding network of decentralized nature still allowing and even encouraging free market competition while making collaboration much easier but not mandatory. If anything all these shit coin holders would want to use the great features of SDC and it will introduce them to the coin and thus want to own more of it. If they are as shitty as you say than this is a huge opportunity for SDC. A caddy sitting next to a ford and chevy and datsun.
pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:24:11 PM

Xbridge and im out.

Same...Plain and simple.... no way we should share our TECH with a DIRECT COMPETITOR
Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:24:32 PM

Wow cooperation and getting along with other coins is so horrible. Why not read up on it and quite being so negative?

SDC is still SDC. but you could get Xmixer fees from a swift holder too if they decide to use SDC chat for an important message for example.  So the unique qualities of each coin are still important and not shared like owning all coins. They are just at the disposal of a much larger audience at once. You still need to hold SDC to benefit fully from it. The bigger the blocknet gets the better. than people loose this vision of a conglomerate and see BLocknet for what it is. a binding network of decentralized nature still allowing and even encouraging free market competition while making collaboration much easier but not mandatory. If anything all these shit coin holders would want to use the great features of SDC and it will introduce them to the coin and thus want to own more of it. If they are as shitty as you say than this is a huge opportunity for SDC. A caddy sitting next to a ford and chevy and datsun.

Yes, I agree that it is a brilliant idea on paper, and will be revolutionary if implemented as initially designed.

But I believe I'm correct in saying  that our devs just wish to watch how it develops before dedicating any of their time to it.
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:31:21 PM

so, i see XC is now trying to take good coins down with them  Lips sealed, Hope SDC takes the bigger route and doesn't join in this Shitshow Fiasco from Dan Metcalf. Once SDC delivers ZK we have no need for any other coin, we will be the main annon coin, and this is why XC is trying to piggy back our success, cause their coin cant seem to gain any volume or positive price action in the last 3 months. Please Please Please, dont join this BS. If we wanted to join a pathetic group we could have joined supernet
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:47:03 PM

so, i see XC is now trying to take good coins down with them  Lips sealed, Hope SDC takes the bigger route and doesn't join in this Shitshow Fiasco from Dan Metcalf. Once SDC delivers ZK we have no need for any other coin, we will be the main annon coin, and this is why XC is trying to piggy back our success, cause their coin cant seem to gain any volume or positive price action in the last 3 months. Please Please Please, dont join this BS. If we wanted to join a pathetic group we could have joined supernet

I don't like the way the whole thing's been presented, with XC at the centre and the other coins as secondary. Even at this stage for XC to present itself as superior to Shadow is pretty arrogant. After the next release it'll just look absurd. They rushed this announcement - not giving the devs time to consult with their teams and communities - because they wanted their asset launched before the gems ICO. That's not a very professional way to launch a project this large and ambitious.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
moonchaser

Activity: 442

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 02:50:10 PM

Hi guys. Just some information you might be interested in about Blocknet from synechist:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2jd5ev/xcurrency_blocknet_xbridge_cryptocurrency_joining/

MinePi Mobile Mining Invitation Code               Publish0x               SteemIt               Youtube
KidKrypto

Activity: 140

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:58:57 PM

You do realize that Ryno and Dan Metcalf had worked on this for a while and from what I'm told the longest. So this was an effort that included Ryno early on. Also SDC would never give or share its tech. Xbridge really is like an exchange. Say one of the hated XST guys wanted to make a coin transaction the XST didnt have (snarks) tech to do in the way they wanted. They BUY SDC coins using the Xbridge token with XST and use the SDC coin to make the transaction with that feature and its done. Same for SDC guy wanted to use a feature of one of the others (impossible i know) they buy some of it using the Xbridge tokens they buy with SDC and then get the coin with the feature they want and use it. Not really that hard to grasp and does not bind any coin or share their tech with other coins at all.

SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:00:18 PM

You do realize that Ryno and Dan Metcalf had worked on this for a while and from what I'm told the longest. So this was an effort that included Ryno early on. Also SDC would never give or share its tech. Xbridge really is like an exchange. Say one of the hated XST guys wanted to make a coin transaction the XST didnt have (snarks) tech to do in the way they wanted. They BUY SDC coins using the Xbridge token with XST and use the SDC coin to make the transaction with that feature and its done. Same for SDC guy wanted to use a feature of one of the others (impossible i know) they buy some of it using the Xbridge tokens they buy with SDC and then get the coin with the feature they want and use it. Not really that hard to grasp and does not bind any coin or share their tech with other coins at all.

This absolutely wasn't discussed for a long time. See my comment above.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: