Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:49:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: * MBANK CARDS BEING BLOCKED THREAD*  (Read 44019 times)
AlexMass

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:00:01 PM

You wrote that your polish friend got a block card too, but he use it in UK, also I think he has transferred money also from UK bank account.... even if he polish, his card was blocked because he used it in another country, or bank or something else.
These cards were for Polish people, so I think they have more than 10 000 cards in a country and if they get their cards block, IMHO: we could find information in Internet, anything. Today I can not find anybody who was in the bank.... NOBODY!!! Can you imagine that? If bank sold more than 100 000 cards and nobody was in the bank? I own more than 20 cards!!!! only I, but I think in Poland there are much more people, who has these cards and no information.

Anyway SPAM SPAM SPAM, I do not think it will help, simpler to have somebody in Poland, who can go to bank. For you: your friend has a family or friend in Poland, you can send cards there and they will authorize your cards, also I think it does not matter how much cards you have. For today I have 3 blocked cards and I am going to Poland in October-November. Anyway I hope that we could find any other possibilities to unlock our cards. I will spend 200-300 euro for this F***ing trip. And this is POLAND.... nothing there. ahhh WHY NOT SPAIN or ITALY?)))
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:11:11 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 08:14:43 AM by bernard75

The blocks are caused by a quota, if too many people abuse them, the bankstars have a valid reason to block them.
Especially when the US threatens to bomb them for being too liberal.
Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:02:21 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 01:19:45 PM by Coinfan

Against cards used to commit any kind of fraud, of course they have ground to freeze them. The same can be said about customers that used more than 10 cards.

Against sellers that bought thousand of cards and sold them to others, the matter isn't that clear. There is the rule that each person can't use more than 10 cards, but a seller isn't using them. If they let people buy cards to their children and friends, a seller isn't violating their limit of 10 cards. A family guy can buy more than 10 cards and offer them to their kids, family and friends. A corporation can buy many and offer them to its employers.

But it seems they are blocking all cards bought by a seller, if one of the cards he sold was used on a fraud.

Beside, they know many cards are being use by different people. The IPs accessing those cards are different and, specially, the withdrawals and the buying of things are being done in different countries. Therefore, they know they are blocking innocent people.

Furthermore, blocking the cards and demanding the owner to go to Poland is an abusive and unnecessary measure. If the owner has access to the card website of the bank and can spend the money with that information, he should have the right to enter an IBAN and ask for the withdrawal of the money.

They seem to be creating problems in order to keep the money. And that is something terrible, that a bank can't do without risking to destroy its reputation. And for a Bank, reputation is everything. Without trust, the bank is dead. Tomorrow, will have a bank run on itself.

They are crazy if they think they can get over this without consequences. The people they are abusing are mainly european citizens. A bank that does this to european customers will screw polish customers at the first good opportunity.

Send them emails and point to every thread on the Internet about this problem, including this one. Threat them to open more threads like this, making facebooks groups, etc.

I guess you could also send emails to authorities and the polish news sources, but that can kill these cards, including the BZ cards. A word of the polish parliament and the law will change, ending these cards. The pressure from abroad already exists. Point this to Mbank too. Their act can end one of their profit sources. They will make some money, stealing from their customers, but they will lose on the long-run.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
jackie.k9

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:59:26 AM

My friend used them in Poland for almost a year. He did not EVER used it abroad. He did not used it for more than a month before block (money were on it) and it still got blocked, just after he left for UK. Yes, he can mail them to family or someone to Poland which will solve this problems, but it should not be like that. Cards were nameless by design, You did not needed to go to branch, show ID or got it block just for using it - that was not the deal. If You like to be treated as idiot by banks it's You choice. This cards were even advertise by bank (both BZWBK and mBank in that "privacy of Your funds") so let's not get carried away, because even banks did know what they're doing.

Of course is caused by fraudulent activities of user, not only Polish ones. These cards traveled the globe and were used by many kids for some small time scams - because You cannot use them differently, You'll not steal milions with them. So, because of this idiots all of us got blocked cards.

One thing i do not understand is this "Go to Polish branch" - wtf?! If You look at btc exchangers or any other kind of service which blocked user accounts or funds for some reason the most You were required to do is to sent good quality scanned docs, and if that wasn't enough a regular letter with the same docs was enough. Even fucking Mt.Gox did not require You to physically go to Japan ....

As for spamming i suggest to find mBank Facebook page and Twitter, if You browse thru it there's many negative opinions, not only about those cards ...
Coinfan

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:14:34 PM

For the record, they didn't block all cards used by foreigners or used exclusively abroad. It was already stated here by some members that their cards weren't blocked.

It seems the criteria is mainly using a card bought from a seller that sold a card to a scammer. So, it's a matter of luck. And of having cards bought from small sellers, since the big sellers have a more high probability of having scammers as customers.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
Coinfan

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:24:16 PM

A trustworthy polish member could offer the service of receiving the cards by mail and going to a branch pick the money or unblocking them.

Maybe he can deliver more than 10 cards by asking some polish friends to go too in his place (the bank will register the personal information, so no more than 10 cards).

bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:26:51 PM

This is ofc only possible if you didnt register the cards.
Why dont you post in the Polish section and offer a nice reward?
Coinfan

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:50:44 AM

Since it isn't necessary, I think most mbank cards were not registered. Why lose anonymity or lie about your identity, when you can use the card, recharge it and check balance, all anonymous?

I don't need this service. I just thought it might be an idea if the rest all fails.

Some people are already making these deals, but with little reputation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=770153.msg8687743#msg8687743

So they can end bad for the card owner. Little will stop the polish intermediate to withdraw all the money at the bank branch, unless he has a reputation to care about and attesting his honesty.

bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:09:46 PM

You can certainly get yourself into trouble, besides giving up your personal data.
horsebox1

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:49:28 PM

I will be in Poland tomorrow. I have two cards given to me by a friend. So, there is no point in even going into the branch with his cards?
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:54:53 PM

I fear not, unless you have a copy of his ID and a signed statement empowering you(maybe).
Coinfan

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:32:03 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 04:47:29 PM by Coinfan

I think it should be possible to return the cards at a Mbank branch, cancel them and withdraw the money, in order to avoid that any personal data to be available online to the owner.

Actually, this is one of the risks that the owner will be assuming. The polish intermediate running with his money.

bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:39:34 PM

Actually, this is one of the risks that the owner will be assuming. The polish intermediate running with his money.
And what about the Polish intermediate being used as a mule by some mafia like persons/organizations?

Anyway, like i already said, get yourselves a notary and all is dandy. Several persons could even use the same one, thus reducing the very moderate costs.
Coinfan

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:49:59 PM

It's a matter of picking carefully customers. If one has 100 cards to cancel, that can be suspicious.

But no free lunches. Every job has it risks.

sionsandman

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:35:52 PM

And what about the Polish intermediate being used as a mule by some mafia like persons/organizations?

What?? It's not up to the customer to prove he is not a gangster.
If these fuckers think the customers are mobsters is up to them to go to the police and show whatever they got.

This behaviour of them is mafia like. That's true.

I can't believe some pissed customer entering the branch with a locked card and get out empty handed. And that is without showing any info.

If they didn't hand the money immediatelly I'd call the cops on the spot.

At least in some decent country that's how this would be done. And I've never been in Poland but I can't imagine it not being a decent country.

Remember this; they sold this as anonymous cards! They advertised it like it!

If they want to cancel them and not offer them anymore it's up to them. But they can't KEEP THE CUSTOMERS FUNDS!! Customers that followed the previous rules.

Anyway, like i already said, get yourselves a notary and all is dandy. Several persons could even use the same one, thus reducing the very moderate costs.

It's a possible solution.
I already gave my recipe. It works!

bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:25:26 PM

Dude, we were talking about possible help from Polish forum members.
You really need to chill sometimes.
hgerson

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:39:08 PM

Do you know anyone for this task?
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:58:34 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 12:27:17 AM by bernard75

Any notary can do this:
http://www.krn.org.pl/1197/Znajd%C5%BA+notariusza
Enter Warszawa twice in the last 2 fields, or any other city with an mBank branch and you can spam them all to get the best quote. Wink
Coinfan

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:41:39 AM

This is throwing more fuel to the fire, but some posts make me wonder if they are not also picking the cards with more money:

Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254533.msg8526281#msg8526281 a member says only his card with about 500 euros was blocked, not the others with very low quantities.

Since Mbank has his website in several languages and, if I recall correctly, there is nothing in the its agreement saying anything against foreigners buying its cards, I also can't see any ground for them to screw the foreigners and ask them to come to Poland.

It's not very different from a situation where a Bank closes all his branches in the USA, except on Florida, freezes all cards, and says to its customers: if you want your money you all have to come to Florida.

kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:25:28 AM

This is throwing more fuel to the fire, but some posts make me wonder if they are not also picking the cards with more money:

Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254533.msg8526281#msg8526281 a member says only his card with about 500 euros was blocked, not the others with very low quantities.

Since Mbank has his website in several languages and, if I recall correctly, there is nothing in the its agreement saying anything against foreigners buying its cards, I also can't see any ground for them to screw the foreigners and ask them to come to Poland.

It's not very different from a situation where a Bank closes all his branches in the USA, except on Florida, freezes all cards, and says to its customers: if you want your money you all have to come to Florida.

Nah, I have 5 mbank cards. One of them had about 500€ on it and and four were basically empty. They all still got blocked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: