Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:12:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: * MBANK CARDS BEING BLOCKED THREAD*  (Read 44015 times)
kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:53:38 PM

Your lawyer unfortunately sucks, there are no class action suits in the EU.
But as i said im done helping here.

What are you on about you coc*ky brick ?
No one has asked you for any help nor have I seen any useful information from you.
Quit trying to act important and instead improve you reading skills. Never have I said that a lawyer told me to file a class action suit. I clearly stated that I think it is a good idea as well. The reasons that Mbank is giving for not paying out the funds are illegal according to the lawyer.

A class action suit is tehnically a bit different in the Roman law than it is in the Anglo law system but essentially it is still the same thing !

Get your facts straight before trying to act smart:

http://arsa-conf.com/archive/?vid=1&aid=3&kid=60101-17&q=f1

http://www.sidley.com/EU-Takes-Steps-towards-a-European-Class-Action-06-12-2013/

http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/21/european-facebook-class-action-suit-attracts-60k-users-as-it-passes-first-court-hurdle/

http://wygralem-z-mbankiem.pl/2013/07/ripped-mbank-won-class-action-suit-ruling-confirmed/

Enough said....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:11:30 PM

Well, then go ahead with your idea found on the internet, exactly why i wont comment anymore.
hgerson

Activity: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:12:59 PM

I am going to go to Poland again in a few weeks. This time I am going to go all the way to Warsaw and I am going to try to confront someone higher up in the chain and present them with a possible law suit. I have about 10 discriminating emails from Mbank with shit/explanations that are 100% illegal in the EU according to my local lawyer (ie you cant get your money back because these cards were meant for Polish people only etc). I think a class action law suit would be the best way to go - Mbank has had those against them before and they have always lost  Wink If anyone else is serious about suing them express your interest !

I'm interested but I don't even think this is a case for a lawyer.

Like I said before they have to pay one way or another. They have to give you cash in hand or reverse the transfers to the originating accounts.

If they don't it's a street robbery! Call the local police and report it.

You can also call a tv channel and have them ask directly why are they holding funds from customers around the world against their will.

If you're going to Warsaw you can also visit these guys and ask their opinion:

You could try contacting KNF, I wonder what their response would be:
http://www.knf.gov.pl/en/dane_wspolne/complaints.html

Here's the address:

Komisja Nadzoru Finansowego
Plac Powstańców Warszawy 1
00-030 Warszawa

I don't know how good your polish is but it would be nice to have the help of some local polish members.

Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:50:22 PM

As far as I know, it's possible on all countries for people to join to file a joint action if the the factual and legal matter is the same and also the same defendant. In many countries even the court has the power to join these cases.
I would be surprised if Poland was an exception.
In any case, Mbank isn't crazy, it knows it will lose the case. Therefore, the lawyer doesn't have to file the case, it's enough to threat to do it. And to do that, the lawyer can threat in the name of many people, not just one.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:06:11 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 11:41:41 PM by bernard75

I don't know how good your polish is but it would be nice to have the help of some local polish members.
Melo already went way beyond as a non affected person.
Please FFS read the whole topic and not just the last 3 posts.

I will sum it up for you, although there are valuable and unfortunately a lot of simply useless informations to be found:
1. Their contract with the seller and you as a victim is unfortunately airtight, hiring a lawyer would be just wasted money(which you even cant since you are not the involved party).
2. Melo provided well researched links, use those instead of spamming a bank.
3. They state that you need to come to their branch(ofc unreasonable), therefore get yourself a person legally representing you, like a notary for example.
4. Sooner or later they must release the funds of customers that acted within the legal framework, its just the approach that makes the difference in the length.
5. If you want to go public with that case, there are links in the topic that would even consider such a petty case(try it on weekends).
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:51:27 PM

As far as I know, it's possible on all countries for people to join to file a joint action if the the factual and legal matter is the same
You are semi right, but this requires a lot of effort and the only one that benefits is the lawyer, since the judge can(and most probably will) just say no, this is too petty. Also you have to consider that you are going against a bank, that can throw endless lawyers at you and drag the process until you have run out of funds(and then have to pay for the attempt).
hgerson

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:09:14 AM

Melo already went way beyond as a non affected person.
Please FFS read the whole topic and not just the last 3 posts.

That hat was not for you since you supposedly stopped "helping" a long time ago.

I agree this is a petty case and that's why I said local police would solve it.

But if you think this is too petty for tv I guess you don't watch too much tv. Good for you.  Grin

If you want to act smarter than everyone else maybe you should unblock at least one card instead of insulting and sulking right after in every post.
Coinfan

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:56:03 AM

We are all on the same side. The goal is to help. Let's try to avoid to get personal. If one doesn't like what someone wrote, just ignore it/him.

I'm afraid police won't intervene, like forcing Mbank to pay. Their goal is to keep the peace. At most is would be possible to make a criminal complain, but it would be for the prosecutor and then a criminal court to decide if any crime was committed.

If many people join in, it won't be a petty case, it will involve many thousands of euro. I bet some people lost real money with this.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:01:32 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 01:18:14 AM by bernard75

You are right, i dont watch manipulative TV.
And please for your own sake grow up.
hgerson

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:31:59 AM

We are all on the same side. The goal is to help. Let's try to avoid to get personal. If one doesn't like what someone wrote, just ignore it/him.

I'll take that advice.  Wink

I'm afraid police won't intervene, like forcing Mbank to pay. Their goal is to keep the peace. At most is would be possible to make a criminal complain, but it would be for the prosecutor and then a criminal court to decide if any crime was committed.

If many people join in, it won't be a petty case, it will involve many thousands of euro. I bet some people lost real money with this.

Police can intervene.
The bank acknowledges they have your funds and they won't deliver them for whatever reason. If the reason is bs and it is in this case why wouldn't the police intervene? At least they have to come up with a good reason not to deliver funds immediately. And a better reason not to return the transfers to the originating accounts.

If they claim the funds are fraudulent is up to them to prove but even that doesn't give them the right to keep the money.

But anyway it's better to contact this KNF before going to the branch

You could try contacting KNF, I wonder what their response would be:
http://www.knf.gov.pl/en/dane_wspolne/complaints.html

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:44:03 AM

You are right, i dont watch manipulative TV.
And please for your own sake grow up.

Come on stop insulting people already.

bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:04:16 PM

Have you even read before this page?
He is the one constantly insulting me.
Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:12:19 PM

Have you even read before this page?
He is the one constantly insulting me.

Fine.

Anyway, we should target at fixing this issue, not others. Any progress? It's interesting that a bank can just refuse to let customers withdraw their money. Could VISA help here?

bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:34:12 PM

I cant imagine how VISA could or would help.
Anyway, i have given lots of information and suggestions on the last pages.
Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

I cant imagine how VISA could or would help.

VISA could block Mbank. It's VISAs cards Mbank is abusing. Of course VISA won't do it but they could and if this was bigger they would.

sanos51ck

Activity: 137

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:00:32 PM

VISA could block Mbank. It's VISAs cards Mbank is abusing. Of course VISA won't do it but they could and if this was bigger they would.

I think it's a good idea.

It's also VISA's name being dragged in the mud. They won't like to know it.

But to be effective the e-mail has to be very well written and be very specific on why mBank is hurting their credibility.
thExit

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:17:31 PM

Hi,

I see people still struggling with mBank, together with another forum member we tried to help people as we're located in Poland, we made several trips to the branches to see what's happening. There's a similar thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254533.msg9055522#msg9055522 and there's my comment, I won't past it here, if you're interested you can read it in the mentioned thread.

The point is that out of all the people wanting help, noone was willing to:
1) use an encrypted email service to talk about the details
2) reveal the transaction history (4 my eyes only)

Most of the ppl looking for help were newbie account, so still anonymous.

I'd like to look at the history of different cards to search for a common pattern that might be the reason for blocking. If you still need help and are willing to cooperate, I can give it a shot.

Kind regards,
Piotr

Coinfan

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:43:21 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 11:36:51 PM by Coinfan

A member posted that he went to Mbank branches and call them several times and the final information Mbank gave him was that the cards could only be used by polish citizens and that was the reason why the cards were blocked. Later it seems he deleted the post where he wrote that, but he still states more or less that here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775730.msg8845280#msg8845280)

That reason never made any sense, taking in account that Mbank website uses several languages, I didn't read that in their agreement and that violated EU Law against european citizens. Also it doesn't explain why many foreigners still have working cards.

Even foreigners that went to a branch on Poland didn't receive their money back (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=746065.msg8905377#msg8905377)

It would be great to know the exact reason, because if the citizenship of the card owner isn't the reason and the blocks were caused by specific problems with the seller or owner of the cards, holders of active mbank cards could still use them (with small amounts).

On the issue of the transactions, anyone wanting to talk anonymously can use https://crypto.cat . However, I can understand why people won't be happy to give all details about their transactions. It shows too much about residence, habits, etc.

Besides, since they blocked cards massively, it won't be easy to figure out the reason by checking the transactions. The problem might be on the seller of hundreds of cards, not the owners; the problem might be on 1 of the 30 cards blocked, etc. It would be easier to ask again Mbank.

tylerdur2

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:59:59 PM

Hi,

I see people still struggling with mBank, together with another forum member we tried to help people as we're located in Poland, we made several trips to the branches to see what's happening. There's a similar thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254533.msg9055522#msg9055522 and there's my comment, I won't past it here, if you're interested you can read it in the mentioned thread.

The point is that out of all the people wanting help, noone was willing to:
1) use an encrypted email service to talk about the details
2) reveal the transaction history (4 my eyes only)

Most of the ppl looking for help were newbie account, so still anonymous.

I'd like to look at the history of different cards to search for a common pattern that might be the reason for blocking. If you still need help and are willing to cooperate, I can give it a shot.

Kind regards,
Piotr

I can give you what you are asking for if you can help getting my money.

bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:52:19 PM

I wouldnt give anybody my data, just to get the cash asap.
The bank is under their conditions with your seller holding the money rightfully, but sooner or or later, they will have to comply with all claims(criminal excluded).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: