Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unobtanium In-House Exchange  (Read 104896 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 01:25:59 PM

Wow! Thanks to cragv for all of your hard work!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
cragv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:40:40 PM

It's my pleasure Smiley

I've never done anything like this before and am learning as I go, which is why it takes me hours to do relatively simple updates. As always, the future is very much in mind here as the spread sheet is only a temporary thing to help us to test and modify things until we're happy. The view is to work towards a proper website, but the nature of this rather huge project dictates we get the underlying mechanisms sufficiently tested before we go through the pain and expense of implementation (yet more learning for me - I'm not a coder or web guy).

Step by step, we'll get there. 2015 should be a big year in many ways! Thanks for the encouragement.
Baars

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 02:15:28 PM

WTB 10 UNO for 24$ paypal
Guyinanutshell

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:27:02 PM

I'm interested in buying 2 oz silver with UNO, I live near Detroit michigan, so you can estimate shipping costs. This is my first go at trading via un ex, so any terms that go along with trade please inform me. Ty

Guy
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:07:18 PM

Welcome Baars and Guyinanutshell! Dashin' to town this second, guys.

Baars' bid -- WTB 10 UNO for 24$ paypal -- is on the tracker here

We'll figure out Guyinanutshell's bid this afternoon -- 'national chapters' bullion bid. Excellent!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
Guyinanutshell

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:16:08 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 11:30:12 PM by Guyinanutshell

We'll figure out Guyinanutshell's bid this afternoon -- 'national chapters' bullion bid. Excellent!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

I stopped by a dealer on the way home and thought I was buying 2 .999 troy ounces, think I ended up with 1 troy ounce and 1 something else, I'm gonna look up the other one and see what it actually is  Huh , Still would like to buy 2 on here as well tho

EDIT: The second bar is 500 grains sterling silver!?
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 10:23:30 PM

I'm interested in buying 2 oz silver with UNO, I live near Detroit michigan, so you can estimate shipping costs. This is my first go at trading via un ex, so any terms that go along with trade please inform me. Ty

Guy
Welcome to UNO-EX!

I can help you with that request if you would like.  To part with my precious silver, I will require you to send 19 $UNO for me to send to you 2 oz silver.  That price includes shipping to Detroit, MI, USA.

If interested, please reply and I will PM the address to which you can send the UNO. I will provide tracking for your shipment via PM.

Given the nature of UNO-EX, as I have seniority, you will send first.

Upon completion of the transaction, we agree to provide mutual positive feedback both in this forum and on the Bitcointalk trust pages.

BC

Guyinanutshell

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:40:55 PM

Guy
Welcome to UNO-EX!

I can help you with that request if you would like.  To part with my precious silver, I will require you to send 19 $UNO for me to send to you 2 oz silver.  That price includes shipping to Detroit, MI, USA.

If interested, please reply and I will PM the address to which you can send the UNO. I will provide tracking for your shipment via PM.

Upon completion of the transaction, we agree to provide mutual positive feedback both in this forum and on the Bitcointalk trust pages.

BC

I agree to your terms, PM sent and I will post my order on the un ex spreadsheet as well to make sure everything is on the up and up
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 12:53:35 AM

Guy
Welcome to UNO-EX!

BC

I agree to your terms, PM sent and I will post my order on the un ex spreadsheet as well to make sure everything is on the up and up
19 UNO rec'd. Will ship AG tomorrow.

cragv

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:07:08 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 05:07:39 AM by cragv

Have just made a bunch of updates to the Trade Tracker. Graphs are improved, About/Help tab has been populated (corrections, changes, etc. all welcomed) and Core-tanium tab has been added. Feedback is invited, particularly around the trading mechanism - what annoys you, what do you wish was present/removed, etc.

Remember, this is an experimental format for now so the annoyance of working in a spread sheet is acknowledged. We're just getting the fields and function ironed out before moving to a database and website in the coming months - that's the plan at time of writing, at any rate!

After today's update, the About tab on the Trade Tracker might be a good starting point for newcomers to this thread who have questions. There are a bunch of FAQs there - take a look!

Visit: Un-Ex Trade Tracker - About/Help tab

Also: to showcase the power of DVC, use this chart.

--
@IMZ: whilst building the Core-tanium tab, I noticed the BTC address for pledges is higher than the expected 0.35 BTC. What's the status here? Ta.
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:35:33 AM

Gold Stars on Foreheads Today:

@ Bitcoin Charlie: well done you for facilitating that Ag trade. I expected to have to explain that it might be a problem.

@ cragv: the Core-tanium address -- the 'Behemoth' Btc wallet -- is my only Btc wallet. In principle, if X is pledged, all that matters is that a minimum of X always be there.

Great great work on the trade-tracker. Me puffin' along, workin' it all out.

@ Guyinanutshell: a coupla hundred go-getters like you are what this project needs. You get a 'Trusted Trader' rating the second the trade is complete. Do a couple more in your own time. (I keep a fund of Uno and Btc to fill 'first orders.')

Then read and ask and read and ask. Then as soon as you have two or four ounces of silver (or 'over the mark' gold equivalent), you may incur a headache downloading and synching the Nxt wallet, in order to be issued DVC.

Having you as a DVC holder would be a fine thing: we want to maintain the steady pace of new holders, and equity  DVC ain' that far away!

m

EDIT
: Go, cragv!! the side-by-side DVC/Uno and Uno/Btc charts show clearly the theoretical aim of DVC: a picture is worth a thousand words!
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:47:40 AM

Un-Ex 30/1/2015 [Western Australia – a half a day ahead of the U.S.]

Here is the trade-tracker

Unobtanium 'solid': .00109/.00100

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/133
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-UNO
https://bleutrade.com/exchange/UNO/BTC
https://coinbroker.io/trade/?symbol=UNO.BTC;

Trusted Traders:

http://indiamikezulu.com.au/454/list-of-trusted-traders/

DVC: 13.42 Uno

Liquidity Pledges:

Australia:

cragv, $100
(March) IMZ Mark: $AU 250

Core-tanium (Btc pledged as anti-dump ammo): .25 from IMZ Mark and .1 from Benefactor @ 1DG6gjrZ6XyzSUBA6GBrhra5FSQwkiQy7y:

U.S.:

Bitcoin Charlie, $500

International:

Bitcoin National, 100 Uno @ $2.25 (Paypal)
cragv

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:54:30 AM

@ cragv: the Core-tanium address -- the 'Behemoth' Btc wallet -- is my only Btc wallet. In principle, if X is pledged, all that matters is that a minimum of X always be there.

Thanks Mark. Idea: get a multi-sig BTC wallet in place to hold Core-tanium and then distribute the private keys to every user that pledges and transfers BTC to that address. You then need n signatures of total N holders to approve use of that key.

Eg. if there are 7 people with BTC pledged and held in the common Core-tanium wallet and there's a sudden need to use some of it on an exchange where UNO has just been dumped, we just need any two (or three - whatever we decide) total signatures (approvals via the multi-sig wallet) to enable its immediate use and them bam, Core-tanium fulfills its function. This remains something of a corporate function rather than being at the judgement of just one person. I like this idea because in times of need of Core-tanium, several sets of eyes are guaranteed to be overseeing its function, so that pledged BTC is not used where it shouldn't and also that it isn't used where it's not really needed. (I'm theorising in the future - all current TTs are known quantities, but think of a time where there are 157 pledged users - not everyone will be on the same theoretical page and so some may think Core-tanium needs to be used at inappropriate times, etc.).

Decentralising this function adds to its power and utility, as long as we keep it in the realm of a trust-based system (ie. not automated). I like the idea of a multi-sig wallet because it's guaranteed that multiple sets of trusted eyes oversee its execution whenever it's used.

Following through on the Core-tanium idea, if/when some of that BTC is used to buy UNO, the original pledges would want to ideally remain in place, right? Am I correct in thinking that the next step after executing a Core-tanium buy would be to list that newly acquired UNO on the Un-Ex in exchange for BTC, then to return that newly-traded BTC to the Core-tanium wallet? Any thoughts on how the fractions would work here (ie. it's never a clean trade, there's always going to be some shortfall or excess from the Core-tanium BTC that was used in the first place... in the case of excess, is it divided between all pledged users and sent to their respective BTC addresses or is it returned to the pool for an enlarged Core-tanium total? For shortfalls, are the pledges all lowered slightly (keeping them in equal ratio) so that the pledges remain in place but just end up being a little lower?

Much of the above can be automated, I'm just after the theory here. Once we get it locked down and ideally tested a couple of times, this function can be coded into The Mall as it is built.

--

EDIT
: Go, cragv!! the side-by-side DVC/Uno and Uno/Btc charts show clearly the theoretical aim of DVC: a picture is worth a thousand words!
PS. if you like that, check out the other chart I linked Smiley
Baars

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:30:26 AM

May i edit the trade there as the price changes?
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:07:46 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 07:19:56 AM by IMZ

Hey, Baars! I suppose so.

You are entitled to withdraw any unaccepted bid, and I suppose that's what you'd be doing.

Bottom line is: welcome! This is an experiment. I am not in charge. We have trust and energy. We are having a great time. Go!

@ cragv: multi-sig wallets are The Next Thing to Talk about. Opinions, please everyone.

EDIT: firstly, I need to understand the principle -- but if a simple show of hands can activate the buy-support initiative, then everyone is using their own Btc to buy Uno for themselves. But if we have a common pool of Btc, then . . . how . . . ?

So my first thought is: multi-sigs for equity DVC (somehow, I guess); but individual action, upon decision to implement Operation Buy-Support, by each pledger, with the coin in the wallet in question.
cragv

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:11:22 AM

Of course! As long as you're  not half way through a deal (ie. Offer is Open rather than Accepted), just edit the listing on the Trade Tracker.

Currently, we're only using SET for trade type (see it on the Tracker), but shortly I'll implement a MARKET type that can be tied to the going rate for your coin type. It'll auto update offers that are still Open so you always are offering the going rate. I'll add a percentage offset you can select, too. Coming soon Smiley
Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:54:24 AM

You should cancel the offer, and issue a new one.

(Nobody is in charge, though.)

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

cragv

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:40:14 AM

You should cancel the offer, and issue a new one.

(Nobody is in charge, though.)

I think I agree, though I've edited my own before. Tell you what, if you delete your user name field (the first one, column B) then add it again, the Date field would probably refresh, thus reflecting the date of your updated offer.

The trade history is good to have, but then how relevant is it? (Honest question).  Upon request I can always review any and all edits to see changes. Hm. Discussion welcome!
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 06:27:47 PM

Guy
Welcome to UNO-EX!

BC

19 UNO rec'd. Will ship AG tomorrow.

Shipped

Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:51:05 PM

Well, you can't have sloppy, slippery-slide-y orders out there.  They have to be discreet (rigidly defined) for people to accept or not.  Start changing orders that people are interested in, or just about to accept, or in the moment accepting, and you have blood on the streets.   Shocked

It's either an order, or it isn't.  If it's changing, - that's not an order.  That's a nebulous blob of schmegma, like a politician, without integrity, and likewise would be the exchange.

I don't mind people cancelling orders.  That's fine.

JIMHO.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: