Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:39:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unobtanium In-House Exchange  (Read 104896 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 01:20:20 AM

Trade 55 new concept up for offer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 01:25:46 AM

DRK/UNO trades? Will watch with interest!

IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 01:30:04 AM

Hmmm . . .  Trade 54? I will watch with interest.

And Guy, you aren't 'counter productive.' You are cutting-edge.

m

[Little Mark counting the sleeps 'til we can get some equity DVC created and issued.]

Trade 51. Started yesterday, completed this morning (Australia time)

Wow! Go, us!
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 11:02:49 AM

Un-Ex    14/2/2015    [Western Australia – a half a day ahead of the U.S.]

Here is the trade-tracker      

Unobtanium 'solid':    0.0140/.0124

Cryptsy      
Bittrex      
Bleutrade      
Coinbroker      

Trusted Traders:      
http://indiamikezulu.com.au/454/list-of-trusted-traders/      

DVC: 10.5   kg

'Core-tanium'    (Btc pledged as anti-dump ammo [and fiat pledges will be added])   
Address:    1DG6gjrZ6XyzSUBA6GBrhra5FSQwkiQy7y   

IMZ Mark   0.25   
Benefactor   0.1   
sirsmokesalot   0.31907111   
BitcoinCharlie   1.0   

Liquidity Pledges:       

Australia:       
cragv, $100      
(March 31st) IMZ Mark: $AU 250       

U.S.:       
Bitcoin Charlie, $500      

International:       
Bitcoin National, 100 Uno @ $2.25 (Paypal)      

And 'Frozen Uno':      
Guyinanutshell, 100 Uno, until May 1, 2015, @ uUB5igPeTMUXxfAqMVQ15FidQmtomemJbL (at least to practise setting up separate wallets for equity DVC)      
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:10:43 AM

This from Reddit Dogecoin. I have good relations with some Australian Dogecoiners. (These guys have a great attitude towards improving transactional volume.)

"Hey, Fulvio! Oh, no.

The 'First Idea' is that I give the dealer 2 or 3 1-oz silver bars. Then I would pass (as 'hostage') to a trusted Australian Dogecoiner -- you? -- about $100 worth of Doge. Then another Oz Dogecoiner can buy a bar by (a) sending the correct sum of Doge to me, and (b) me paying the dealer in fiat, and having him mail the bar directly to the Dogecoiner who paid me.

Of course, it's clumsy -- but it means that neither the buyer nor the dealer can be ripped off.

We are already discussing a link that would allow us to list items on the dealer's Website that can be purchased, for cryptos, via us.

[And your advice on some issues of coin-value vis-a-vis bullion-value would be most appreciated. The dealer has for sale some gold sovereigns -- 8 gms., 22-K gold -- that seem to be only 'bullion price.']"

Check the $445 gold sovereigns listed here: http://sterlingcurrency.com.au/search/site/gold%20sovereigns

The arithmetic says their price is 'bullion.'

m
IanRidgwell

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:19:48 AM

The importance of protecting the 'merchant' in these scenarios is paramount. Currently there must be 10,000 crypto users to each merchant. Maybe a million users to each merchant type (i.e. Adult toys, Bullion, Bread, Tech Gear.). We must protect and nurture our merchant network even (IMHO) at the expense of the potential customer base. Merchants are doing it hard already, and cryptos offer a unique opportunity but a shit ton of pitfalls. Every lost merchant through scam or technical pitfall is a long term blow to the community that will be hard to overcome.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
cragv

Activity: 342

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:15:52 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 08:58:41 AM by cragv

What I'm reading here is:
  • Merchants who use Un-Ex will be hard-won, especially in the early days of this project and thus,
    • Merchants are a critical resource who must be protected from scams;
    • We must work to make it easy to use our service.
  • The Un-Ex gives merchants a way to accept cryptos without needing to maintain crypto wallets!
  • Merchants can rely upon their trust connections with local chapter Un-Ex members, minimising their time expenditure per trade
  • The Un-Ex is a wonderful fee-free mechanism for crypto-hoarders (US!) to increase crypto holdings via our pledged liquidity
  • merchants trade via the liquidity pool (local-chapter based since they want fiat money), meaning development of local chapters is important;
  • as it grows, we could choose to primarily increase our crypto holdings this way rather than by trading on fee-based, 'black box', trustless exchanges

It's beautiful! Keep up the great work, guys.

--
In other news, I've got a few trades open in the Un-Ex currently that I haven't announced here. I'm offering the following:

• AUD$50 Mitre 10 gift card for 13kg UNO;
  • AUD$50 SuperCheap Auto gift card for 0.15 BTC;
  • 2oz low-premium silver bullion for 13kg UNO;
  • 2oz low-premium silver bullion for 0.15 BTC;
  • AUD$60 to buy 2oz of silver, shipped (can pay in USD and via PayPal if that suits you; else online bank deposit in Oz).

Cheers Smiley
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:25:38 AM

"development of local chapters is important" -- pivotal, really, cragv. It pivots on Internet-banking in one nation's currency (and in the case of bullion, mailing packages in a trustworthy national postage-system. The Eurozone would be an exception.)

Note also that any mailable product that becomes part of The Mall is also only really gonna make sense on a national-chapters basis.

m
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:32:37 AM

Un-Ex    15/2/2015    [Western Australia – a half a day ahead of the U.S.]

Here is the trade-tracker      

Unobtanium 'solid':       .0140/.0124

Cryptsy      
Bittrex      
Bleutrade      
Coinbroker      

Trusted Traders:      
http://indiamikezulu.com.au/454/list-of-trusted-traders/      

DVC:    11.15   kg

'Core-tanium'    (Btc pledged as anti-dump ammo [and fiat pledges will be added])   
(Address:    1DG6gjrZ6XyzSUBA6GBrhra5FSQwkiQy7y   )

IMZ Mark   0.25   
Benefactor   0.1   
Sirsmokesalot   0.32   
Bitcoin Charlie   1   

Liquidity Pledges:       

Australia:       
cragv, $100      
(by March 31st) IMZ Mark: $AU 250       

U.S.:       
Bitcoin Charlie, $500      

International:       
Bitcoin National, 100 Uno @ $2.25 (Paypal)      

And 'Frozen Uno':      
Guyinanutshell, 100 Uno, until May 1, 2015, @ uUB5igPeTMUXxfAqMVQ15FidQmtomemJbL (at least to practise setting up separate wallets for equity DVC)      
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:05:45 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 08:41:36 AM by IMZ

Copied from main thread:

"Cryptos-for-bullion project here in Oz? The quotation here is a Shibe I know from Reddit Dogecoin. I trust him:

"Yeah, I'll do it for you. Just a matter of picking another paper wallet out of the pile and using that. Easy enough.
Like I said, you can't go wrong paying bullion price. Unless you can get cheaper still of course."

Please allow to clarify that:

Ian and I find ourselves pretty 'Uno-centric' at this point (me more so; Ian holds packets of other coins). Un-Ex is my great interest. IndiaMikeZulu retains a strong orientation to crypto-coinin' here in Oz simply because we decided early on that that is simply practical (and our great contacts are at the behest of Uno folk. Full stop!).

We expect that by 2016 Un-Ex will be a venue for trading in four or five major cryptos. Why? 'Cause we can buy them without being stung by exchanges.

We have all noted over time that no matter how Close to Death we hear that cryptos are . . . it's hard to buy them!

So, please: this project is not a 'weakening' (OMG! Shibes hangin' out on Un-Ex!). It's a strengthening of Un-Ex as an exchange.
IanRidgwell

Activity: 263

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:52:29 AM

Further o from Mark.

Not only can we buy and sell without being stung by exchanges but the privacy offered between peers is a worthwhile mention as well. I don't mean anonymity which is something else but just good old fashioned the missus can't see what when and where kind of privacy.

Not that I hide this stuff from my missus but it is nice to be able to make a purchase without it being smeared across bank statements. It can of course be tracked but we arent 'hiding' we just respect each others and our own personal space.

Nice to be able to buy a gift for the missus on valentines day without the bank statement saying "SOMETHING WORTH 100 BUCKS WAS BOUGHT FROM ADULT SHOP TODAY WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WAS HUH HUH HUH"

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
cragv

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:00:38 AM

For later reflection, here are the current figures from the Dashboard (front) tab of the Un-Ex today:

OPEN TRADES: 7 (21 completed to date)
LOCAL CHAPTERS: 2
TRUSTED TRADERS: 25 (18 DVC issued)
MERCHANTS: 1

CORE-TANIUM: 1.6691 BTC
LIQUIDITY ENGINE Pledges: USD$1175.91

UNO 24-hr Volume: 2550 kg / 30.6 BTC
UNO minted to date: 193658 kg
Network Hashrate: 28 TH/s
Guyinanutshell

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:53:38 PM

Offer to sell:
http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Digital-Xbox-One-Download-Bundle/dp/B00PCW6TZG/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424018608&sr=1-2&keywords=assassins+creed+unity+bundle

asking 8.4kgs

posted on un-ex

cheers
Guy

cragv

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:58:58 PM

Good one, Guy. This is a fun way to seriously look at trading items for cryptos, which is kinda what we're doing with silver, as you did with BC already. Precious metals in particular are well-suited to trading within local chapters only (as IMZ noted yesterday, where good reliable shipping and legit product is paramount) but trading digital goods is truly borderless (other than publisher policy on geo markets and pricing). I'll keep this in mind as we piece together the website; maybe there's a place for a separate area for 'chapter-less' trades of electronic goods. The thinking continues! Good work Smiley
Guyinanutshell

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 01:12:46 AM

Good one, Guy. This is a fun way to seriously look at trading items for cryptos, which is kinda what we're doing with silver, as you did with BC already. Precious metals in particular are well-suited to trading within local chapters only (as IMZ noted yesterday, where good reliable shipping and legit product is paramount) but trading digital goods is truly borderless (other than publisher policy on geo markets and pricing). I'll keep this in mind as we piece together the website; maybe there's a place for a separate area for 'chapter-less' trades of electronic goods. The thinking continues! Good work Smiley

I've also purchased a 50 dollar gyft.com card that I will be listing in the coming days, the site says only redeemable in the u.s.  I thought that it would just give me an email confirmation code and I could sell that code same as the Xbox game codes, unfortunately it remains on my account and not as a separate transferable code.  I'm sure I will still be able to make it available to others to redeem, I just want to take some time to read the fine print and be confident in my ability to deliver once sold.

If the gyft.com site proves to be a hassle free transaction then I may have found my route to uno outside of Bitcoin, via the un ex. gyft.com does accept Bitcoin as a payment option, so I don't know how big of a demand there will be to purchase using uno instead, but if some one is interested shoot me a reply and let's see if we can streamline the listing.

Cheers
Guy

IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 01:47:42 AM

Notes on Merchandise on Un-Ex

First it was crypto-crypto trades. Great!

Recently, the first products – gift cards, X-boxes. Great!

Also, crypto-for-bullion, the Holy Grail (and it will keep us occupied for months).

Now let’s cast our eye over the Unobtanium community. (I have been quietly counting . . . ) Whether they have begun formally accepting Uno – like Data Recovery, Melbourne, Australia – or not, there are a number of business people here whose products and services might be ‘woven’ into Un-Ex in one way or another.

[DVC holders already get a discount from one business – gotta publicise this.]

Beyond this, there is the mentoring thing that I have mentioned. Our bullion project is of this type. Our aim is to induct Mr. Crellin into this community in a manner that precludes stress, financial risk, and him having to spend a lot of time figurin’ it all out.

But the Biggie today is:

what products can any members of this community get their hands on – in some bulk -- for us to market here on Un-Ex? Whether physical or digital, if we can bring fiat and cryptos and merchants and products and community members to Un-Ex in larger quantities, then we must be able to profit in the long run.
cragv

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 01:49:51 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 04:11:05 AM by cragv

How to use the NXT Wallet with Un-Ex DVC (Distributed Vault Coin)

** Download PDF version of this post (531KB, hosted on Dropbox)**

Prerequisites

i. Go to http://nxt.org/ and download and install the wallet. Open it and you'll see a loading screen for a while. Make a coffee.

ii. When it's ready, you'll see a login screen. As a first time user, click DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT? CLICK HERE TO CREATE ONE!

iii. Make a note of the generated passphrase, or, if you'd prefer to make your own, try to ensure it has at least 50 characters. Plain text is okay, just make it long.
Ideally, don't make a structured sentence, as this is more easily guessed. Instead, use groups of 'random' words. However, for the purposes of this instruction, I've gone with this sentence for my new 53-character passphrase:
this is the awesome passphrase i want to use the most

iv. Once you've entered your new passphrase the wallet will load. Allow the blockchain to finish downloading. This may take a while (possibly even overnight, for slower net connections).

v. Exit the wallet and then open it again. Log in with your new passphrase (use mine if you want to test it). The wallet might prompt you to update the client - do so, then close and open the wallet again until you're no longer prompted to update. The current version of the wallet is 2.2.0 and NRS Version is 1.4.15 (versions shown top left and near-top right of wallet window respectively).

Okay, your wallet is now set up and ready to roll. (If you're struggling at this point, try posting here in the thread for help or see this thread on the NXT Forum called 'Installation and Update Tutorial'.

How to use the NXT Asset, DVC

HOW TO GET DVC

1. You'll see a message in green at the top:
Welcome to your new NXT account. Your account ID is NXT-C7S5-M97L-TGES-7RB9M - When funding your account for the first time, you can increase security by also providing your public key, which is 59c168512d4bada60f41a9e55645bfa534757badf0b3939808a6487a97280131

2. Copy the Account ID and the Public Key and post both to the Un-Ex thread. Eg.
My NXT wallet is online. Please send DVC to: NXT-C7S5-M97L-TGES-7RB9M. Public key is: 59c168512d4bada60f41a9e55645bfa534757badf0b3939808a6487a97280131.

3. Wait for your DVC to be transferred. Ask someone here for some other NXT assets in the meantime (if IMZ or Ian haven't sent you some already) and you can try sending them to other addresses.

HOW TO SEND DVC

4. Click Asset Exchange and then My Assets

5. Click Transfer next to the asset you want to send (usually DVC, Nxttycoin for this example) and a lightbox appears

6. (Note, I've logged into my own NXT address to do this, so when I paste the address for our new account I'm also prompted for the public key). Here, I am sending 1 Nxttycoin. Noting the cost of this transfer is 1 NXT, I've clicked Transfer Asset.

7. The asset transfer is in progress!

8. To check your trade details, click Asset Exchange and then Transfer History. Your transfer should appear in a little while. You can click the Transaction number to see the transfer on the blockchain (just like viewing a Bitcoin or Unotanium Transaction ID on the blockchain explorer).

Note. You can log into the test account using the passphrase as noted here and you'll see I've transferred 11 Nxttycoins there (I did 10 and 1 during testing). You can log out of that account by pressing the power icon () and can then log into your own account with your passphrase. Simple when you get the hang of it!

Now you know how to receive and send your DVC. Questions?

-
Edit. this is a first draft. I thought it was better to get it online and fix any oversights later (I'm super busy!). Please let me know if something doesn't make sense or if I've missed a basic step, I'll get this fixed promptly. Ta.
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 03:38:43 AM

Woo hoo! Let's give it its own thread.

m
cragv

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 03:46:11 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 04:17:52 AM by cragv

Woo hoo! Let's give it its own thread.

m

There's an IT support thread around somewhere. Can't find it immediately but we were putting tech support related posts into it a few months back. Do you have the link to it? If so, that thread should maybe be in our sigs and on your daily update posts somewhere (inserted for you), IMZ. I'll see if I can find it if you don't have a ready link to it. Ta.

Edit. ** Download PDF version of these instructions (531KB, hosted on Dropbox)**
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:11:29 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=856162 -- ?
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: