Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:34:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unobtanium In-House Exchange  (Read 104896 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cragv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:41:18 AM

Yay! cragv is back! (Now I can twist his arm to make changes for me.)

Our Merchants' List [ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hftnJ_crV9flLcUKaPqwEfTLKJme3R8jVeUJtudQSw/edit#gid=1234509140 ] presently only lists Data Retriever. I undertake to keep this current, and extend it. For example, BigTimeSpaghetti is, I think, anarcoins. He is a three-star TT.

Yup. Here is his site (with his picture and Bitcointalk UserName): http://www.anarcoins.com

I understand he is gonna give a discount to TTs. Shall this second confirm that.

And here -- http://indiamikezulu.com.au/454/list-of-trusted-traders -- is a back-up Trusted Traders list, including the DVC holders silver pledges.

I'm still quite unwell but am forced into the office today to get through urgent work. Have updated the TT list with bts, though his Total Trades shows 0 currently because zero trades have been made in 2015 in the Un-Ex with his username. Don't worry too much about totals for now, remembering that this spreadsheet is still a testing ground for designs to come.
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:41:45 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 08:04:32 AM by IMZ

Woo hoo! Just spoke to BigTimeSpaghetti. He is re-vamping his commercial venture at this second, but he will give a 10% discount on his products to TTs.
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:05:35 AM

Un-Ex Daily Update    6/3/2015    [Western Australia – a half a day ahead of the U.S.]      

Un-Ex Trade Tracker    | Tech Support thread for UNO newcomers         

Unobtanium 'solid':    .0155/.0133         

Markets: Cryptsy; Bittrex; Bleutrade; AllCrypt; Coinbroker            

Trusted Traders:   on IndiaMikeZulu.com and on the Un-Ex Trade Tracker         

DVC: 8.79kg UNO            

'Core-tanium' (see the list on the Un-Ex Trade Tracker):            
This is BTC pledged as anti-dump ammo (fiat pledges will be added). Holding address: 1DG6gjrZ6XyzSUBA6GBrhra5FSQwkiQy7y            

• IMZ Mark   0.25   
  • Benefactor   0.1   
  • Sirsmokesalotta   0.32   
  • Bitcoin Charlie   1.0   

Liquidity Pledges (see the list on the Trade Tracker):            
  • Local Chapter - Australia            
    • cragv, $100
    • IMZ Mark: $AU 250 (by March 31st)
  • Local Chapter - USA            
    • Bitcoin Charlie, $500
  • International            
    • Bitcoin National, 100 Uno @ $3.15 (Paypal)

'Frozen' UNO:            
  • Guyinanutshell, 100 Uno, until May 1, 2015, @ uUB5igPeTMUXxfAqMVQ15FidQmtomemJbL (at least to practise setting up separate wallets for equity DVC)

gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:24:00 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 06:46:36 PM by gustav

re: ideas for using sidechains here

1. Bryce seems to have indicated he's making UNO a sidechain friendly platform.  
2. okay fine.  makes us ready for the future.
3. what good are they?  something about 'frozen equity' contained within the chain ... ohh I think in-house already has something like that Wink

(my guess) sidechains are like any Altcoin
tech is one thing --- value is another thing

pegs don't work with a product that is traded on the free market

If Uno was a sidechain of bitcoin with a peg 80btc to 1Uno it would have value: Zero (because no buyers and no more free market because pegged, so peg would likely fail and be useless, peg and free market can not exist side by side - i don't see how pegs should work. Creating a sidechain for BTC is nothing special and uno certainly shouldn't be one. Sidechains do not have a good value as moneytokens/store of value!)

If Uno would implement option for sidechains on itself is maybe a different story but then again: does it provide more value? Is it safe? Do we need it? Certainly we should not be in a rush about it!

I'm not even sure what the plan is!
Creating it is one thing but to foresee its impact on the market is an entirely different thing! Sidechains is not a one-man-show and blind trust is not advised!

Only because something is new doesn't mean it has value!

I'm just glad the issue is not imminent! I remain highly sceptical.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 10:30:50 PM

Woo hoo! Just spoke to BigTimeSpaghetti. He is re-vamping his commercial venture at this second, but he will give a 10% discount on his products to TTs.
BTS provides excellent products!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:22:51 PM

Morning, campers!

Check here It may already be that the last tweak of the Noo DVC site has been made. But have a look.

And Gustav: I unhesitatingly agree with you: pegs don't work. (DVC is not pegged. If that's unclear, ask me.)

And multi-sig wallets and equity DVC and some other stuff is in the works -- what can we sell?

Anyone wanna buy or sell DVC at this second? Make an ('old-fashioned') bid here. We can experiment with the new system.

m
Guyinanutshell

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:26:13 PM

re: ideas for using sidechains here

1. Bryce seems to have indicated he's making UNO a sidechain friendly platform.  
2. okay fine.  makes us ready for the future.
3. what good are they?  something about 'frozen equity' contained within the chain ... ohh I think in-house already has something like that Wink

(my guess) sidechains are like any Altcoin
tech is one thing --- value is another thing

pegs don't work with a product that is traded on the free market

If Uno was a sidechain of bitcoin with a peg 80btc to 1Uno it would have value: Zero (because no buyers and no more free market because pegged, so peg would likely fail and be useless, peg and free market can not exist side by side - i don't see how pegs should work. Creating a sidechain for BTC is nothing special and uno certainly shouldn't be one. Sidechains do not have a good value as moneytokens/store of value!)

If Uno would implement option for sidechains on itself is maybe a different story but then again: does it provide more value? Is it safe? Do we need it? Certainly we should not be in a rush about it!

I'm not even sure what the plan is!
Creating it is one thing but to foresee its impact on the market is an entirely different thing! Sidechains is not a one-man-show and blind trust is not advised!

Only because something is new doesn't mean it has value!

I'm just glad the issue is not imminent! I remain highly sceptical.

Seems to me that sidechains are the same concept of "proof of burn", but instead of burning into a non recoverable wallet, you are burning them into an algo that they can later be recovered from. I dont understand however, how UNO could be pegged to BTC with sidechains, both coins are already in existence and in order to go from one chain to the other, someone must fund the algo with pre existing coins in order for a transfer to work. Where will the BTC come from for one to cross chains? This scenario seems unlikely to succeed to me.

On the other hand, if UNO was made sidechain friendly and it was pegged to a NEW crypto that could only be created by Burning UNO into the algo, and equally redeemable back out, I could see that working.

An example of this working would be in creating a Distributed Autonomous Company(DAC). You sidechain UNO to company credits, and use the credits to pay for goods and services, the credits spent would then be distributed to the miners maintaining the network and the miners could then use the credits for goods and services with the network, or sidechain the credits back into UNO.

Why not just use UNO to pay the company in the first place?  By sidechaining into company credits that live on there own blockchain, the miners are not only mining to secure the company credit blockchain on the front end, but also securing the network the company lives on in the back end.

I forsee a future where only a handful of exchangeable cryptos are needed and the rest of the industry will just sidechain off a specific crypto of choice. sidechain into one companys blockchain, pay for your good or service,then sidechain out the remainder back to the base crypto. What ever credits you sent in the sidechain can then be cashed out by the receiver into UNO or continue to be used within the sidechain.

cheers
guy
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:28:21 AM

Seems to me that sidechains are the same concept of "proof of burn", but instead of burning into a non recoverable wallet, you are burning them into an algo that they can later be recovered from. I dont understand however, how UNO could be pegged to BTC with sidechains, both coins are already in existence and in order to go from one chain to the other, someone must fund the algo with pre existing coins in order for a transfer to work. Where will the BTC come from for one to cross chains? This scenario seems unlikely to succeed to me.

On the other hand, if UNO was made sidechain friendly and it was pegged to a NEW crypto that could only be created by Burning UNO into the algo, and equally redeemable back out, I could see that working.

exactly

But i would want to see that work on another coin at first too before applying to the good Uno. (proof of concept in real market/the wild)  

Attempting to "peg" (remodel) an existing and already distributed coin into a btc sidechain could likely end in a chaotic economic situation and totally scrap that coin imo. Certainly not a thing you want to experiment with Uno.

I'm not sure what we talk about or what BW talks about: making Uno a sidechain (possibly a fatally stupid idea) or introducing sidechains to uno (could be nice if sidechains work well but will require hardfork).
Anyway: it's waaay to early for any of that stuff.

Guyinanutshell

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:42:02 AM

Ian and I wanna learn 'TA.' So, if Guy is successfully using 'ichimoku,' we wanna get lessons: 'trading tips' is one of the real powers that our trust-network exists to use.

"The Ichimoku Cloud, also known as Ichimoku Kinko Hyo, is a versatile indicator that defines support and resistance, identifies trend direction, gauges momentum and provides trading signals. Ichimoku Kinko Hyo translates into “one look equilibrium chart”. With one look, chartists can identify the trend and look for potential signals within that trend. The indicator was developed by Goichi Hosoda, a journalist, and published in his 1969 book. Even though the Ichimoku Cloud may seem complicated when viewed on the price chart, it is really a straight forward indicator that is very usable. It was, after all, created by a journalist, not a rocket scientist! Moreover, the concepts are easy to understand and the signals are well-defined."

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:ichimoku_cloud

The first 6 videos are a good starting point for learning the ichimoku indicator as well.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sunman4008/videos?sort=da&view=0&flow=grid

How does the person who offers the option benefit?

this is where I get lost as well.

cheers
guy
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:02:36 AM

"But i would want to see that work on another coin at first too before applying to the good Uno."

@ Guy and Gustav:

truth to tell, what some folk have trouble figuring out is the difference between a currency and its community. Un-Ex and DVC and What We're Discussing Here are community initiatives but they don't involve the rockchain.

I ask for your continued support for DVC (I want to increase coin in circulation by 400% this year. Watch this space!). But otherwise, Gustav hits the nail on the head: 'proof of concept . . . in the wild.' Un-Ex is 'the wild'; and you'll find Ian and I endlessly enthusiastic to create and develop experimental cryptos.

m
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:57:38 AM

I wish to tread on no one's toes, Edgar. However, yes, the 'national chapters' crypto-for-bullion project is oriented to securing bullion (and associated) at cutting-edge prices.

Perth Bullion can get a 10-oz bar of silver to me, insured, in under 48 hours, at a cost that is less than 10% over spot price of the day.

Mark
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:13:29 AM

Un-Ex Daily Update    7/3/2015    [Western Australia – a half a day ahead of the U.S.]      

Unobtanium 'solid':    .0141/.0119      

DVC: 8.67kg UNO            

This is BTC pledged as anti-dump ammo (fiat pledges will be added). Holding address: 1DG6gjrZ6XyzSUBA6GBrhra5FSQwkiQy7y            

• IMZ Mark   0.25   
  • Benefactor   0.1   
  • Sirsmokesalotta   0.32   
  • Bitcoin Charlie   1.0   

• cragv, $100
  • Local Chapter - USA            
    • Bitcoin Charlie, $500
  • International            

'Frozen' UNO:            
  • Guyinanutshell, 100 Uno, until May 1, 2015, @ uUB5igPeTMUXxfAqMVQ15FidQmtomemJbL (at least to practise setting up separate wallets for equity DVC)

IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:16:18 PM

Hmmm . . . let's see if this thing is workin'

Go here

Bingo! This is 'Home-Base DVC.' I hope that a non-IMZ Un-Ex-er will undertake to become really familiar with the system cragv has provided. It will make a 'broader security base' for our in-community coin.

Mark

IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:22:05 AM

DVC is up and running

(though cragv is gonna rest for a fortnight).

So, to test the new model, will someone sell me one DVC at the going rate, then buy it back?

I am up to my neck in an article. Will check in later.

Mark
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:09:58 AM

Un-Ex Daily Update    8/3/2015    [Western Australia – a half a day ahead of the U.S.]      

Unobtanium 'solid': .0145/.0131         

DVC: 8.67kg UNO            

• IMZ Mark   0.25   
  • Benefactor   0.1   
  • Sirsmokesalotta   0.32   
  • Bitcoin Charlie   1.0   

• cragv, $100
  • Local Chapter - USA            
    • Bitcoin Charlie, $500
  • International            

'Frozen' UNO:            

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:05:26 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 05:28:45 PM by BitcoinNational

@ B.N. Pardon me. Was off the air yesterday.

The options thing: still figurin' it out. What I don't get is the choice thing. Suppose I offer you the option of buying one Uno for $4 on Day x -- but you don't have to buy it on that day. If Uno is under $4 on the day, you don't buy. If it's over, you do buy -- but that's a loss to me.

Premise:
Mr. BN offers the option of selling one Uno for $4 on Day x (so this is the BID)

Thus:
The instrument "Order to Mr. BN pay $4 on Day X for 1 kg UN"-signed BN

Question:
If Uno is under $4 on the day, you don't buy. If it's over, you do buy -- but that's a loss to me.

Answer:
The offer was $4 on the X day.
If accepted then it's a deal.
Now the bidder(me) is obligated to pay on day X the amount $4 in return for 1kg UN.
The counter party is also obligated to send 1 kg if the amount of $4 is paid.

**Hint
If the spot is $4.01 on the X day. Then both parties might agree to pass.
But if the spot is $5 yeah I'll gladly pay $4.
And if the spot is $2 you'll gladly demand payment of $4.

Fairly basic.

Question:  Does my offer still stand?
Yeah I think it is still a standing offer so if there is a price stabbing grab that UNO I'm obliged.  I'm not time stamping a limitation.

for the record
The deal is $4/uno paid on March 31 (pay by btc or other coin value $4)
*Limit 10kg

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:41:16 PM

Hmmm . . . okay. I think I got tangled up in the English. But this is clear:

"if the spot is $2 you'll gladly demand payment of $4." So, I can demand payment.

I won't try any options at this second, only because I am truly struggling with so much other stuff. But I will try a little later (Autumn is better for my eyes, B.N. It's always my eyes that are the problem.)

Mark
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:55:21 PM

Zelig Trade Nos 3

When Z.'s Btc turns up in my wallet, he gets his TT Rating -- the first of the more stringent 3-Trades-to-become-a-TT system. It's a timely change to the protocol.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:09:48 AM

Zelig is a TT!!

http://indiamikezulu.com.au/454/list-of-trusted-traders
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:36:10 AM

Un-Ex Daily Update    9/3/2015    [Western Australia – a half a day ahead of the U.S.]      

Unobtanium 'solid': .0134/.0115 -- with an intra-day on Cryptsy of .01         

DVC: 9.3kg UNO            

• IMZ Mark   0.25   
  • Benefactor   0.1   
  • Sirsmokesalotta   0.32   
  • Bitcoin Charlie   1.0   

• cragv, $100
  • Local Chapter - USA            
    • Bitcoin Charlie, $500
  • International            

'Frozen' UNO:            

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: