Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:08:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unobtanium In-House Exchange  (Read 104896 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Guyinanutshell

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:53:22 PM

We need an Unex graphic for the homepage
As well a bot that can auto post the daily tracker to multiple platforms
E.i. Unex Facebook, twitter, CCT, or anywhere else you want to point it at.

And also a lockable tab on the docs sheet with contact info for traders outside of forum(email,Facebook, etc.)
We are very much centralized on this forum, and need to make the Unex more widely distributed, proactively rather then when a problem arises. 

I plan to start a bounty wallet for a few different projects I would like to see completed.  Would like some discussion and suggestions for best practices to payout bounties, or have some voting system on who can claim the bounty.

Back to work

Cheers
Guy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cragv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:03:02 PM

We need an Unex graphic for the homepage
As well a bot that can auto post the daily tracker to multiple platforms
E.i. Unex Facebook, twitter, CCT, or anywhere else you want to point it at.

And also a lockable tab on the docs sheet with contact info for traders outside of forum(email,Facebook, etc.)
We are very much centralized on this forum, and need to make the Unex more widely distributed, proactively rather then when a problem arises. 

I plan to start a bounty wallet for a few different projects I would like to see completed.  Would like some discussion and suggestions for best practices to payout bounties, or have some voting system on who can claim the bounty.

Back to work

Cheers
Guy

Graphic: coming when website is up.
Bot: same.
Contact info: already on Dashboard tab, see second box. Has Facebook, Reddit, etc. Emails to come with domain name.
Wallets: good thinking!

Love your work, keep up the new ideas, Guy!
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:39:47 PM

thoughts:

allcrypt ... if we can get in contact with them then it becomes UNO pair trade central

coinbroker.io ... perfect name, exclusively trading large blocks of prime ALTs.  They act as 'broker' UN EX sets up the deals and the trades clear via coinbroker.io

All this is later, down the road stuff, but those are 2 platforms sitting idle in need of business.  If they can shutter and lockup for 4-6 months then there is a real opportunity, me thinks.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:16:53 PM

thoughts:

allcrypt ... if we can get in contact with them then it becomes UNO pair trade central

coinbroker.io ... perfect name, exclusively trading large blocks of prime ALTs.  They act as 'broker' UN EX sets up the deals and the trades clear via coinbroker.io

All this is later, down the road stuff, but those are 2 platforms sitting idle in need of business.  If they can shutter and lockup for 4-6 months then there is a real opportunity, me thinks.
What does a non-working exchange go for?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:08:04 PM

reading reading . . .

"We are very much centralized on this forum, and need to make the Unex more widely distributed, proactively rather then when a problem arises."

Morning, Guy! We sure shall advertise Un-Ex/create links to get folks here; but the centralisation is (IMHO) a primary tenet:

we aim to benefit those who trade here. The only folks who can trade here are TTs. Full stop. It will always a 'manual' exchange.
Perhaps we'll eventually run our own 'white label' exchange -- a public, automated exchange -- but Un-Ex (specifically the TTs, who are the DVC holders and the beneficiaries of our work) is our 'club house.'

And I agree with cragv: great ideas!

EDIT: Bounties? You could volunteer to work with Gecko on the bounty program for the Reddit visit, which he just announced over on the main thread.

And . . . without gettin' all adversarial about it, we should (I shall) rev up the Core-tanium project shortly. If 10 Bitcoin is enough to 'modulate' Uno's behaviour on the 'outside' exchanges, then let's get that much ammo pledged.

m
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:30:27 AM

http://indiamikezulu.com.au/532/a-snippet-of-theory
Tacktic

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:37:13 AM

thoughts:

What does a non-working exchange go for?
............................................................................... .......
I just visited them.
Never heard of either.
Actually buying could be a good idea.
I would have to see their p/l, and ongoing costs.
As well security would ALWAYS be a problem, the more popular you get the more hacks you entertain of course.
I am definitely NOT a dev/programmer, so hire is much more difficult (for me) as is 100k each physical body at work.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, is minimum 500k just in wages. (in Oz anyways).
(without that you just have a business that is setup up to fail anyways.).
I am talking trading pairs, financial business here not small retailer that just needs stock and order processing.
Outsourcing never works as service business require customer care.
Would be interesting to know how many they were trying to run with.
That said, purchase for reasonable multiple.
profit times six or seven = zero, so is a start point, plus assets and Intellectual capital if any. (minimal because there are so many popping up, so cant be much).
(This also a bad point, lots of competition for such a niche thing).
delete all bad pairs, be more lke MCXnow was only  5 -7 maximum
BTC, UNO and not much else hehe. (I like nxt because of possibilities above, chock full of devs, not because it is good system, but could be great).
then the smart piece, POINT OF DIFFERENCE.
Attach a marketplace, where people can actually spend their crypto. (more upkeep though).
Second set of commission taking here.
could serve as our centralisation,/ hangout.
trouble is especially dealing with (US A)uthorities KYC etc. would be problematic.
Good and bad sides to everything.
Total market I think would actually be tiny, as crypto to fiat would be most of the universe.
Coinbase ( big business big money names) have that wrapped up.
I like the thinking though, maybe a bit early Smiley
I am talking crypto to my circles, not so many think i am totally mad anymore. Just mad.
Regards,
Tacktic.

insert witty signature here
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:59:11 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 04:16:05 AM by IMZ

On Monday, I'll get some details from Ian about 'white label' exchanges -- DIY exchanges, which IndiaMikeZulu have discussed.

My thought, though, is:

if as newcomers to the automated-exchange scene we'd be low-hanging fruit for hackers

and if developing an automated exchange would require an enormous amount of money and organisation

and Un-Ex has been given impetus by the impact on the crypto scene that exchange-collapses since Gox has had

and the actual point of the Un-Ex project is not just to run an exchange, but to develop a trust-alliance that we can 'leverage'

and the future of that Un-Ex-based trust-alliance is looking very bright indeed

and if anyway we can continue to 'double-barrel' with established automated exchanges . . .

have I missed something here?

m
Tacktic

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:23:51 AM

You do think similar to me Smiley
I will have to come over to WA sometime and physically meet up and buy you a coffee.
I have come here exactly because it is a startup.
It has the hallmarks of success, which has always been human interaction, trade and trust.
Even though we are geographically seperated, the people posting here have similar reasonings that i have read so far anyways.
if the exchange was to grow, it would have to be subject to nefarious outside forces.
CragV is doing excellent job with the spreadsheet, but it would consume a lot of time and effort as trade grows around it as it is a point of failure.
Likewise this forum, although widely used could fail/go broke.
people are people.
The co-op thing is a good thing to be.
On that note.
I asked at the post office yesterday.
To send package to US with signature delivery is about $35 AUD.
(DHL etc are twice that for a non account like myself.).
So IMV was right 10oz is about the minimum I could send.
I will put feeler out.
Would be anybody be interested in trades of around 100 UNO?
Once I have established more trust with you guys of course.
I dont have anything else to sell, really, that translates across geographies.
As i said before I have always sold labour services but will help with velocity here.
regards,
Tacktic.

insert witty signature here
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:57:55 AM

"It has the hallmarks of success, which has always been human interaction, trade and trust."

Yup.

Yah, crypto-for-bullion is gonna go best on a national-chapters basis because of both risk and the cost of international postage.

You won't have much trouble workin' up to big trades. We could always set up an escrow -- I'd love to see a 100-Uno trade!

"if the exchange was to grow, it would have to be subject to nefarious outside forces."

We have considered this issue at exhaustive length, Tacktic. The bottom line is that any TT could run off with his/her part of one trade, but that would be to sacrifice a position that has been invested in, and will likely result in significant reward down the track. (and the tech is well secured. Let's ask cragv and Guy to report on this, to allay concerns)

The elegance of Un-Ex is that its not software.

'peopleware'?
IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:02:14 AM

Un-Ex Daily Update    14/3/2015    [Western Australia – a half a day ahead of the U.S.]      

Un-Ex Trade Tracker    | Tech Support thread for UNO newcomers         

Unobtanium 'solid': .0128/.0107

Markets: Cryptsy; Bittrex; Bleutrade; AllCrypt; Coinbroker            

Trusted Traders:   on IndiaMikeZulu.com and on the Un-Ex Trade Tracker         

DVC: 10.03kg UNO            

'Core-tanium' (see the list on the Un-Ex Trade Tracker):            
This is BTC pledged as anti-dump ammo (fiat pledges will be added). Holding address: 1DG6gjrZ6XyzSUBA6GBrhra5FSQwkiQy7y            

• IMZ Mark   0.25   
  • Benefactor   0.1   
  • Sirsmokesalotta   0.32   
  • Bitcoin Charlie   1.0   

Liquidity Pledges (see the list on the Trade Tracker):            
  • Local Chapter - Australia            
    • cragv, $100
    • IMZ Mark: $AU 250 (by March 31st)
  • Local Chapter - USA            
    • Bitcoin Charlie, $500
  • International            
    • Bitcoin National, 100 Uno @ $3.15 (Paypal)

'Frozen' UNO:            
  • Guyinanutshell, 100 Uno, until May 1, 2015, @ uUB5igPeTMUXxfAqMVQ15FidQmtomemJbL (at least to practise setting up separate wallets for equity DVC)

prominerone

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:03:37 PM

Hello dr House- Mark! Hello guys!

I want five stars !

I want to buy 500 Un. With $ fiat. I can pay more than the current funny price of $3.04 of course.

Is there some of you guys that want to exit uno for extra fiat?

Mark your advice here how this can be done the best way?

How much is fair per Uno.     $3.30 3.40? 3.50? If you're interested ask here or PM

I do fiat to Un first time here so appreciate any advice  Smiley

prominerone

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:31:07 PM

Guys what method is the best to send money? Which one you TT use  in USA

IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:39:44 PM

Morning, Prominerone. Deep breath. I am pretty sure cragv uses PayPal -- he will be back in a few days (on holidays),

But we can arrange a 500-Uno purchase because that's exactly what Un-Ex exists to do!!

Guyinanutshell

Activity: 104

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:04:53 AM

Guys what method is the best to send money? Which one you TT use  in USA

I have not made an actual cash transaction yet, my Fiat/UNO preferred method so far is buying giftcards at the store and using the redemption code to transfer my USD value through PM. Flawlessly, I might add!

500 UNO for fiat... Im sure paypal or something would suite the situation well.

cheers
guy
cragv

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:22:16 AM

I wouldn't want to use PayPal for larger transfers, honestly. It's convenient but expensive. We're building a trust network here, so the less middle men involved in a TT transaction, the better.

For example, my bank (Australian) charges me AUD$10 to send money to banks in other countries. Last time I did it (Russian bank, AUD$5K for some equipment for my business), the exchange rate the bank offered was only marginally worse for me than the actual going rate (ie. It was pretty fair, IMO).

Had I have used PayPal instead, they'd have gouged the seller on fees and the buyer on terrible exchange rates. I wish to avoid using this company for the most part - though it isn't an emotional or philosophical thing and I will still use PayPal for smaller transfers where it suits me.
prominerone

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:42:29 AM

Ok guys thanks.

Look like Charlie is interested. But I gonna need more I guess....

I want to buy 1 ton or more every month from here Uno-ex. To see what would work. The rest from Cryptsy we buy together.

'The white whale movement' I like it. I want  to test what I believe in practice. More inflated fiat and BTC this way comes soon.

IMZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:45:29 AM

Okay, cragv, I understand. (Lot of people dislike PayPal!)

So, the situation is: here in Australia, we do already have a strong enough P-WIP network to handle a 500-Uno purchase on Un-Ex. But not yet in other countries.

Prominerone, what is our next option? A ton of Uno volume per month here on Un-Ex will make us a major player. We must work hard to achieve this.

m
cragv

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:15:36 AM

Now I'm off work for the week, getting finally better after 3 weeks of coughing my lungs out and just relaxing, I'm starting to have some good ideas again. Still working through them and refining as I go, but there's huge potential to build this thing to handle serious trade volume, offer very significant merchant liquidity and to be profitable for members while packaging it all in a genuine, trusted and reliable community network. I'm excited at the possibilities!
prominerone

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:16:33 AM

Okay, cragv, I understand. (Lot of people dislike PayPal!)

So, the situation is: here in Australia, we do already have a strong enough P-WIP network to handle a 500-Uno purchase on Un-Ex. But not yet in other countries.

Prominerone, what is our next option? A ton of Uno volume per month here on Un-Ex will make us a major player. We must work hard to achieve this.

m

I don't know this will make Un-ex major player or not,but we must start doing this. It is time for movement.
If you dry up on Unobtanium go load from others exchanges and i buy from you. I don't mind if you guys do some profit from me, and put it to coretanium reserve or use it to help Un-ex.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: