Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:01:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582897 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Keyare

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:17:58 AM

Lol don't worry about it. I'm so excited about SYS I can't spek purple too.
Keyare

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:04:39 PM

Everyone get's 10k tSYS!

Help us test the Shade public beta!
You don't even need to mine! Just download the latest public beta from here:
https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/releases

Then reply to this post on Reddit with your tSYS address (it will start with a T) or you can create an alias (costs tSYS) on the testnet and post that!

If you need instructions for installation check out the step-by-step here

Thanks for your help!
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:25:35 PM

Seems that poloniex is getting popular among sys traders.. finally!
randywald

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:31:39 PM

Seems that poloniex is getting popular among sys traders.. finally!

It looks healthy, it's alive Smiley

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:30:34 PM

I am trying to synchronize with the network, but I get no connections..

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Keyare

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:26:00 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 07:40:41 PM by Keyare

Usually this is caused by the syscoin.conf file being missing or in the wrong place. Earlier today we noticed our step-by-step had it in the C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Syscoin\cakenet folder rather than just the C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Syscoin folder.

Make sure this file is present and in the correct location.
iloveny161

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:49:14 AM

"SYS1 holders will have the chance to convert their SYS1 to SYS2"

How will the conversion rate be determined? Thanks.

Edit: Just read the reply on the previous page that details are still being sorted out.
donnyespo

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:19:09 PM

really excited for the shade release, looks like alot of hard work going into it!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 10:40:31 PM

really excited for the shade release, looks like alot of hard work going into it!

Thanks! We are trying to get the Shade Beta3 release out this evening. We have had to move our website to a new server for faster loading and for better uptime. Since the server switch was unexpected the beta3 rollout might be slightly delayed but we're working to get it all out tonight!

There are a massive amount of new features in Shade b3 including encrypted messaging using SYS pub/priv keys, automatic digital downloads tied to offers, encrypted certificates, exclusive reselling improvements and much more that were initially planned for "SYS2". We're releasing them as part of SYS1/Shade and they will be reimplemented under ETH DApps as we move into that tech space following Shade. We also have the Blockmarket release still coming after Shade is on mainnet!

Just to be clear- there seems to be some rumor going around that after Shade hits mainnet SYS will cease to exist/be updated after the conversion. This is not true. We will be focusing our efforts immediately following Shade on the ETH DApps we've mentioned before but will NOT be dropping SYS at all. In fact, if the capabilities of ETH are not as robust as we've been told (although we've been assured by Vitalik it can support what we're trying to do) we will fall back to SYS.

The notion that SYS is going to be deprecated after the Shade release is incorrect. SYS will continue to be part of the Forge Collective's decentralized application portfolio and we will focus our efforts on the project with the most potential. At the moment that project looks to be the DApps under ETH.

For those who aren't aware Forge is the decentralized software development company we're forming in order to support a portfolio of application built on decentralized tech- some open source (SYS, the DApps, etc) some proprietary (ecommerce plugins built to integrate with SYS and DApps, etc).

If you have any questions please let us know we'll do our best to cover them all, or stop by our reddit and pop a question in there. We've been pretty tied up with testing Shade and now website migration too but we want to make sure people understand the plans, and realize that we're on the precipice of the biggest SYS release in a year and we don't plan on just "dropping" it after that!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 10:42:16 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 10:57:34 PM by danosphere

Also we were on Blocktalk with the Decentral Vancouver group talking about and DEMO'ing Shade, check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7YEpysuKI

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Keyare

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:52:20 PM

Shade wallet Beta 3 is released for testing:
https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/releases/tag/1.6b3-shade

This release includes:
  • Encrypted messages using certificates
  • Automated sales of digital goods via offers linked to certificates which are transferred on purchase
  • Price pegging to multiple fiat and altcoin currencies
  • Buyer shipping data secured using Syscoin elliptic (pub/priv) keys
  • In-wallet blockchain based marketplace (not p2p)
  • Private marketplace capabilities using encryption and reselling features
  • Item reselling in both exclusive and non-exclusive modes. In exclusive mode the root seller controls a certificate whitelist of approved resellers.
  • The root seller can revoke reselling at any time via the offer's whitelist
  • Aliases for improved address usability

Download the latest public beta then reply to this post with your tSYS address (it will start with a T) or you can create an alias (costs tSYS) on the testnet, post it and we will send you some tSYS for playing with!

Need help getting setup? Follow these instructions: http://syscoin.org/b-a-part-of-decentralization-history/
Add these peer nodes: addnode=107.170.185.5:28379
addnode=128.199.144.240:28379

Please report errors via our Slack channel in the #bugs room or create a github issue. If creating a github issue please provide clear steps on what happened before you encountered the issue so we can reproduce and fix.

Thanks for your help!
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 01:34:59 AM

Latest News (8th Nov 2015):
Syscoin Shade Bug Bounty Program – Find Bugs; Earn BTC

And a bunch of other updates have occurred over the week. See OP for full list w/dates and links. LATEST CALL NOTES- LAST BULLET IS CRITICAL! Wink

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 04:30:26 PM

I am a holder of several hundred thousand SyS from the beginning.
I've watched all the stuff going on and hoped the coin would rise in value to help cover some of my old mint losses.
I know you guys suffered as well from the ICO and all.

My question, I've read and tried to understand where you guys are going with all this.
Is the SYS that I hold just going to devalue, nothing Ive read firmly tells me what I can exchange my holdings for at what rate and when.
I've sat tight for a long time but I don't want to see my holdings just wither away as you go a new direction with SYS2.

Please in plain terms, what do I do?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:40:08 PM

I am a holder of several hundred thousand SyS from the beginning.
I've watched all the stuff going on and hoped the coin would rise in value to help cover some of my old mint losses.
I know you guys suffered as well from the ICO and all.

My question, I've read and tried to understand where you guys are going with all this.
Is the SYS that I hold just going to devalue, nothing Ive read firmly tells me what I can exchange my holdings for at what rate and when.
I've sat tight for a long time but I don't want to see my holdings just wither away as you go a new direction with SYS2.

Please in plain terms, what do I do?

Have you downloaded beta3 to see what the coin does or you just hold and hope other people realize what beta3 means?
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 08:08:46 PM

At this point no, I'm on the syscoin wallet 8.6.4
I'm confused about what to update to .
There seem to be almost weekly versions of this new sys2 wallet .

I have about half in my wallet and half on an exchange.
I'm relatively well versed in mining,wallets and version updates but I'm getting lost on this one.

There's shade 1.5.2 and 1.6 and will my syscoin work in these new wallets?

I'm betting a lot of people are to.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 12:10:10 AM

Thanks for holding this whole time. I as well have been here since the ICO.

FYI: It has been stated that SYS1 holders will have an opportunity to exchange for SYS2 but the details are yet to be determined.

The advancements made in crypto in the last 12 months have been amazing and Dano & the sys team are part of the driving force. Thanks team SYS.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:44:48 PM

I'm relatively well versed in mining,wallets and version updates but I'm getting lost on this one.

There has not been a new mainnet release in a year.. These releases are beta on a cakenet and show you whats to come, try it.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 01:20:22 AM

There has not been a new mainnet release in a year.. These releases are beta on a cakenet and show you whats to come, try it.

I encourage you to continue to hold we have news coming later this week that will clarify what is going on.

In regards to the bolded item I just wanted to make it known that we intentionally lock all beta releases to the cakenet (you can verify this by seeing your address starts with a "T" for testing rather than an "S" which is used on mainnet)- this also makes it impossible to accidentally send mainnet coins (real) to a beta wallet.

The upcoming release, "Shade" is Syscoin 1.6. We bumped to a full minor version update (it used to be 1.5.2, we changed to 1.6 due to how many new features are being included in this release).

Keyare

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:29:02 AM

Syscoin Team Notes November 15th, 2015

Syscoin 1.6 "Shade" Wallet Release and Hard Fork

• Shade Beta 3 is still in public testing - beta program has not uncovered any major bugs
  • Escrow design has been completed using an arbitration pattern whereby a third party ensures that buyer and seller fulfill their sides of the deal while minimizing fees to both parties
  • Looking into using encryption currently in place for private certificate data and buyer note data for a dedicated encrypted messaging service
  • Added ability to have "private offers" which do not show up in search
  • Above mentioned features will be available in a beta 4 following internal testing
  • Keyare learning QT design stuff to help improve QT wallet aesthetics
  • Beta 4 will feature an update to the pegging mechanism which will allow for simplified and longer-term maintenance
  • Twitter bot 80% complete, should be running on cakenet beta 3 later this week - will tweet each new offer once and link using syscoin URIs so that clicking the link will auto-open the wallet to the "Buy" tab and lookup item being clicked

Marketing/Communication

• Andy working on OpenBazaar v Syscoin comparison matrix, will help clarify the differences/advantages of SYS v OpenBazaar
  • Sebastien working on additional FAQ articles, one article per topic. Several of these have been completed already
  • Marketing lining up PR newswire release sources for mainnet release
  • Marketing also working on blogger/journalist outreach in addition to the interviews planned running up to mainnet release
  • All marketing push activity is focused on mainnet public release to draw the widest audience and make the best initial impression after all beta testing rounds are completed
  • Moved website again to dedicated VPS for increased performance; data move will be completed by Monday evening- website will experience zero downtime
  • Working on "Syscoin Encryption Challenge" which will be described further in a blog post and challenge the security community to crack Shade Beta 3's native encryption for a hefty BTC bounty
  • Team will be updating Syscoin website with complete design overhaul for better information flow in regards to the Syscoin offering in general and the variety of new services soon to be available on the network with the Shade release; including everything from descriptions, to use cases, how-to's, video demonstrations, and more on each individual service.

Keyare

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:50:28 AM

A RENEWED COMMITMENT TO SYSCOIN

Its been a very busy couple of weeks for the team as we’ve blown through Syscoin Shade public betas 1 through 3 and in the process increased the scope of the Syscoin feature set substantially. I think it’s important to take stock of what we’ve achieved as of Shade Beta 3:    

• Decentralized Marketplace w/ Encrypted Buyer Data
  • Reseller Support
  • Private Marketplace Offers
  • Price Pegging to Multiple Currencies
  • Aliases
  • Digital Certificates
  • Encrypted Certificates

As we look at where we stand we realize we’re in a unique position to be one of the few coins to offer the public a set of truly innovative decentralized features powered by blockchain technology and based on the bitcoin core.  

We have recently been working on the Syscoin Shade release in parallel with researching a strategy focusing on DApp development on the Ethereum network, effectively stopping primary Syscoin development after this release. While there are many benefits to DApps and we truly believe in the benefits they’ll bring on a larger scale we feel the position we’re in with Syscoin is better aligned with our goals as a team of delivering a decentralized market experience to the public with the most complete feature set possible needed to facilitate real adoption- with more features and lower fees than the competition. To that end:  

We will focus our efforts solely on Syscoin and our decentralized marketplace.
Ethereum development is postponed but we will continue to watch this space.

For those following our news in Slack and elsewhere this decision is what has led to the delay of the Shade release because we’re adding the final features the community has long requested for a “complete” marketplace experience… and more. The move to add these features is what led to the unexpected Syscoin Shade Beta 4 announcement.    

We’ll be disclosing complete details of the Syscoin Shade features being prepped for mainnet release in a post this coming Friday (Nov 27). The Syscoin Decentralized Marketplace has been working in prototype form on the SYS mainnet for over a year now and we’re excited to see it reach its full potential with the upcoming Shade (Syscoin 1.6) update/hard fork. The Syscoin team feels that a renewed commitment to Syscoin is in the best interest of both the team and Syscoin investors- simplifying any confusion caused by earlier plans. The team is working with both merchants and exchange services to try and make sure the Shade marketplace is populated upon launch. We’re also working to make it and other Syscoin services easy to use for those who may be coming from other currencies such as BTC and other altcoins. Following the feature update this Friday we’ll also be posting an updated roadmap which details our plans following the Shade mainnet release such as Blockmarket, the ecommerce plugins we’ve discussed using w/Syscoin as a backend and more.    

More information can always be found by asking question in our slack channel or contacting us via twitter. We’ve very excited to reveal the full feature list and updated roadmap later this week!    

This post replaces Syscoin Team Call Notes Nov 22, 2015
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: