Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:58:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582905 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:56:38 AM

New wallet works fine. Thanks Dano!
BitLoans

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:05:37 AM

The people that bought SYS with the ICO (most) are holding.  OK, I'm a merge miner with say 150 MH/s (3 50 MH/s rigs), I hate to say it, but I have one thing on my mind ROI, need to pay for the rigs so I have buy better/faster rigs when they come out.  They are not holding, they are dumping as fast as they can mine it.  Merge mining is keeping the hashrate high, but SYS is getting dumped as a byproduct of it.

I have been mining and dumping another coin for months, trying to pay for the ASICs I own.  I have taken some and bought SYS, but when the price of ASICs starts going down, I want mine to be paid for.  It was the same with GPUs, buy, mine, sell, buy something better...

Look at the mining page, ROI is what everyone wants.  I'm sure there are some holding, but the big miners are working to make the ROI on their rigs, people who are renting hashpower sell to pay and take the profit.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:24:28 AM

The people that bought SYS with the ICO (most) are holding.  OK, I'm a merge miner with say 150 MH/s (3 50 MH/s rigs), I hate to say it, but I have one thing on my mind ROI, need to pay for the rigs so I have buy better/faster rigs when they come out.  They are not holding, they are dumping as fast as they can mine it.  Merge mining is keeping the hashrate high, but SYS is getting dumped as a byproduct of it.

I have been mining and dumping another coin for months, trying to pay for the ASICs I own.  I have taken some and bought SYS, but when the price of ASICs starts going down, I want mine to be paid for.  It was the same with GPUs, buy, mine, sell, buy something better...

Look at the mining page, ROI is what everyone wants.  I'm sure there are some holding, but the big miners are working to make the ROI on their rigs, people who are renting hashpower sell to pay and take the profit.

I guess you must live in a country with cheap electricity if you are mining for fiat profit.
Not everyone mines for fiat profit. Some people are happy to exchange inflationary fiat currency now for future disinflationary cryptocurrency.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
AngryDwarf

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:26:42 AM

Having some trouble compiling the syscoin wallet with the qt4 option:

Code:
cc1plus: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-self-assign" [enabled by default]
  CXX      qt/qt_libsyscoinqt_a-acceptandpayofferlistpage.o
qt/acceptandpayofferlistpage.cpp: In member function ‘void AcceptandPayOfferListPage::RefreshImage()’:
qt/acceptandpayofferlistpage.cpp:384:22: error: variable ‘QSslConfiguration conf’ has initializer but incomplete type
    QSslConfiguration conf = request.sslConfiguration();
                      ^
qt/acceptandpayofferlistpage.cpp:384:54: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class QSslConfiguration’
    QSslConfiguration conf = request.sslConfiguration();
                                                      ^
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork/QNetworkRequest:1:0,
                 from qt/acceptandpayofferlistpage.cpp:21:
/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork/qnetworkrequest.h:56:7: error: forward declaration of ‘class QSslConfiguration’
 class QSslConfiguration;
       ^
qt/acceptandpayofferlistpage.cpp:385:27: error: ‘QSslSocket’ has not been declared
    conf.setPeerVerifyMode(QSslSocket::VerifyNone);
                           ^
qt/acceptandpayofferlistpage.cpp:386:21: error: ‘QSsl’ has not been declared
    conf.setProtocol(QSsl::TlsV1_0);
                     ^
At global scope:
cc1plus: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-self-assign" [enabled by default]
make[2]: *** [qt/qt_libsyscoinqt_a-acceptandpayofferlistpage.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Wallets/src/syscoin2-2.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Wallets/src/syscoin2-2.0/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I'll try qt5, but they don't tend to run so well on Lubuntu.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
AngryDwarf

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:13:40 AM

Compiled successfully against qt5, but I get Error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect. I will try the salvage wallet option. Was the conversion 1:1 now? That's how many SYS I seem to have. And as usual, qt5 compiled wallets are a pain in the butt, with the top menu bar missing, so options can only be found by right clicking on the tray icon, and the minimise/show hide stuff doesn't work correctly. That's while I compile the bitcoin wallet against qt4.
EDIT: mmm... can't find the backup wallet option. That's why I hate using qt5 on Ubuntu.

4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:16:18 AM

Excellent job on a smooth swap.  Having all exchanges converted before the wallet release, and being able to use the original wallet.dat is great.  After seeing so many go sideways, congratulations on the project.

'smooth' except for Bittrex:

The last block update occurred 1717 minutes ago.

Hope they catch up soon!

For what it's worth, I was able to make a test withdrawal from Bittrex, that arrived to the new wallet & blockchain...

Noted - thanks Smiley

Did a successful test withdrawal myself last night from Bittrex, but today we're back to 'Wallet maintenance'  Roll Eyes

Looking forward to being reunited with the rest of my Sys Smiley

btw, there's an 'error message' that appears during the wallet opening process, after block loading, to the effect of 'error reading wallet.dat. All keys read correctly but tx data and .....might be missing or incorrect.'

I click 'OK', the program then rescans and the wallet opens and syncs normally, so there's no real problem apart from the initial momentary sinking feeling, first time around, of seeing an error message.

Is this just my wallet doing this or have others experienced the same?

[edit] @AngryDwarf - evidently then it's a common problem.
AngryDwarf

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:25:31 AM

Excellent job on a smooth swap.  Having all exchanges converted before the wallet release, and being able to use the original wallet.dat is great.  After seeing so many go sideways, congratulations on the project.

Hope they catch up soon!

For what it's worth, I was able to make a test withdrawal from Bittrex, that arrived to the new wallet & blockchain...

Noted - thanks Smiley

Did a successful test withdrawal myself last night, but today we're back to 'Wallet maintenance'  Roll Eyes

btw, there's an 'error message' that appears during the wallet opening process, after block loading, to the effect of 'error reading wallet.dat. All keys read correctly but tx data and .....might be missing or incorrect.'

I click 'OK', the program then rescans and the wallet opens and syncs normally, so there's no real problem apart from the initial momentary sinking feeling, first time around, of seeing an error message.

Yes. Running once with -salvagewallet sorts the error out. It looks like all transactions before the snapshot disappear, and all address book items disappear. You get a final balance in the address that was taken at the snapshot. Now where do I find sending/receiving addresses on ubuntu qt5 so I can re-add the receiving labels? I'll try the windows version next time I'm on it.

AngryDwarf

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:31:47 AM

Had to switch off minimise to tray instead of taskbar off, otherwise I get into a situation where I can't do anything but exit the wallet. Please sort out the qt4 option, or get the bitcoin team to sort out the qt5 issues that are experience with Ubuntu linux, or get Ubuntu to sort it out if it is their problem!

Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:16:09 PM

Thought the amount of coins will be divided through something like factor 350x, but as i saw now,
poloniex claims migration is complete, but it looks like the total amount of coins had not changed.
Do i miss sth. here?

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:16:53 PM

Has anyone tried buying or selling on the Marketplace which is built-in on the new Syscoin 2.0 wallet? How was your experience?
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:47:40 PM

Nice work guys, smoothest upgrade/swap I've seen...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:54:40 PM

Thought the amount of coins will be divided through something like factor 350x, but as i saw now,
poloniex claims migration is complete, but it looks like the total amount of coins had not changed.
Do i miss sth. here?

That plan was reworked due mainly, I believe, through user feedback. The new conversion rate is 1:1 so you will have the same amount of new SYS as old SYS.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
BrotherJ

Activity: 301

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:43:23 PM

Has anyone tried buying or selling on the Marketplace which is built-in on the new Syscoin 2.0 wallet? How was your experience?

I have successfully listed 5 items so far. It was fairly easy to do for me. Now, I'm waiting for my first buyer. Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
AngryDwarf

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:32:42 PM

So if linux users upgrade, we are fucked. The OpenCL AMD miners will not work. Otherwise we can compile a QT5 version which leaves missing functionality like bitcoin. Meanwhile, I gave up drugs which I nether though I would give away, Can someone please explain why ubuntu linux users have as much rights as those who are trying to sell top quality gear! Their listings doesn't state where the produce can be delivered to.

Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:37:16 PM

I have successfully listed 5 items so far. It was fairly easy to do for me. Now, I'm waiting for my first buyer. Smiley

Is the marketplace anon like Tor.. can we make listing for anything?

what are some advantages for a vendor from another market to come here?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 07:25:10 PM

Hey sorry lots of questions overnight! Try my best to catch them all:
Compiled successfully against qt5, but I get Error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect. I will try the salvage wallet option. Was the conversion 1:1 now? That's how many SYS I seem to have. And as usual, qt5 compiled wallets are a pain in the butt, with the top menu bar missing, so options can only be found by right clicking on the tray icon, and the minimise/show hide stuff doesn't work correctly. That's while I compile the bitcoin wallet against qt4.
EDIT: mmm... can't find the backup wallet option. That's why I hate using qt5 on Ubuntu.

SYS 2.0 requires QT5 just like latest Bitcoin core. Also the error you see is normal and is explained in the launch blog, posted earlier. There is nothing wrong with this error. Please read the instructions.

Bittrex had some issues, they worked with us directly. We got it sorted out, they should be up now.

Nice work guys, smoothest upgrade/swap I've seen...

Thanks! and no time limits Smiley

Nice! I've been browsing the market, there's a surprising amount of stuff already listed! For an easy way to browser just change max search results to 100 and leave search term blank. Blockmarket and future wallet updates will make this experience easier.

Is the marketplace anon like Tor.. can we make listing for anything?

what are some advantages for a vendor from another market to come here?

Vendor advantages really depend on where you sell things currently. But in general they range from lower fees, better uptime, and larger market reach as well as the fact that this marketplace isn't controller by any central operator that an abscond with your funds or can be "taken down".

You can use TOR, mixing, and VPN for better anon. Out of the box it already has more anon than OpenBazaar. Buyer information is automatically encrypted with the merchant key, so only the merchant can read the buyer information and it is not publicly readable on the chain without the merchant's private key. No third party PGP needed in this marketplace.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:37:09 PM

Excellent job on a smooth swap.  Having all exchanges converted before the wallet release, and being able to use the original wallet.dat is great.  After seeing so many go sideways, congratulations on the project.

Hope they catch up soon!

Noted - thanks Smiley

Did a successful test withdrawal myself last night, but today we're back to 'Wallet maintenance'  Roll Eyes

Yes. Running once with -salvagewallet sorts the error out. It looks like all transactions before the snapshot disappear, and all address book items disappear. You get a final balance in the address that was taken at the snapshot. Now where do I find sending/receiving addresses on ubuntu qt5 so I can re-add the receiving labels? I'll try the windows version next time I'm on it.

Thanks can you open an issue for qt4 on our github? http://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/issues.. I know why it is happening.
btw that message happened to all of us, no worries your balances and tx's show fine you dont need to use salvage wallet... if you want to get rid of it you can create a new wallet and transfer coins to that new wallet.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 07:38:45 PM

For those looking for a Windows32 wallet, we have updated the windows zip on GitHub with both Win64 and Win32 wallet flavors. Enjoy!

https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/releases/tag/2.0

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 08:22:58 PM

Do i miss sth. here?

Please see the updated specifications which we announced; this should answer your question in-depth:

http://syscoin.org/syscoin-2-0-final-coin-parameters/

mmpool

Activity: 375

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 01:10:17 AM

mmpool is now merge mining Syscoin 2.0. I look forward to the success of the coin, it has some innovative features!

mmpool.org - BTC Pool - DGM - pays tx fees/vardiff/merge mining/tor
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: