Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:56:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UPDATE][NEOS]Neos v2.1- Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System  (Read 169229 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:33:19 AM

your transparency and activity levels are unmatched my friend... no one will ever get 1 of my neoscoins ..not 1!  until i need to buy my yacht of course Wink

keep it up turtle!!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:00:42 AM

Here's an update: I just had an epiphany while coding and the marketplace is going to be awesome. =)

EUREKA NEOS!

belibeli

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:14:07 AM

Hello, I’m a great supporter of both BTCD and NEOS projects with the outmost respect for the developers work. If the question has been raised for the community to have a go at what they wish to see in the future of crypto, I thought I should try as well to publicly project my desires. When you tear me apart, please consider that I lack software knowledge and am not a native English speaker.

This is what I would like to see in version 5.0 of the wallet:

A universal trading platform

- A craigslist type of market integrated into the wallet where you can post and buy services or goods from other users

- Linkage to non-crypto trading (shares, commodities, etc.)

- Crypto news section

- Voting option

- Financial estimates and projections on both crypto and non-crypto markets. A financial risk assessor can provide an algorithm on how you can do that. I have been a Health and Safety consultant and risk assessor for 8 years now, and each time I make a job assessment, I use the weighted average (If that that is the correct term) between the degree of gravity and the possibility of it happening.
Risk assessment in my field involves identifying all risk factors analyzed in the system and quantify their size based on the combination of two parameters: the maximum gravity of the possible consequence and frequency on the human body. This gives partial risk levels for each risk factor or risk levels globally for the entire system analyzed.

In specialized terminology, human security in the work process is considered as the state of the system where work injury and occupational disease are ruled out.
In common language, security is defined as being a shelter from danger, and risk - the opportunity to get into danger, potential danger. If we consider the usual meanings of these terms, we can define the status of job security as the risk of injury and illness as zero.
Therefore, safety and risk are two abstract concepts otherwise mutually exclusive.

In fact, because of the features of any system of work we cannot achieve this state of absolute nature. There is no system that is completely ruled out the potential danger of injury or illness; there is always a "residual" risk, if only because of the unpredictability of human action. Unless corrective interventions are ongoing, this residual risk increases as the work system elements degrades through "aging".
Consequently, the systems can be characterized by "security levels" and "risk levels" as quantitative indicators of security status or risk. Defining security risk as a function y = f (x), where we can say that a system will be more secure, the risk will be lower and vice versa. Thus, if the risk is zero, from the relationship between the two variables results that security tends to infinity, and if the risk tends to infinity, security tends to zero.

If you are already asleep reading through my definitions, please let me explain how this works in layman’s terms:

Let’s say if I do the risk analysis for a programmer, I first get a good look of the working process he is involved in, split his work into 4 parts: Production means, work environment, performer and work load. For a brief example, this is how a work related risk assessment for a programmer looks like:
Identified risk factors:

A. Production means

a. the mechanical risk factors:
• puncture and / or body cutting tool used (needles, pins, cutter, stapler, etc.);
• falling on the slippery floor
• slipping and falling of the worker from his travel route from home to work

b. electric Risk Factors
• electric shock by direct contact - wire insulation degraded
• indirect contact with electricity - damage of grounding;

B. Working environment

a. the physical risk factors:
• temperature and humidity: high or low (failure or non-functioning heating system in the office);
• office drafts favored by opening doors and room leaks;
• radiation emitted by computer monitors

b. biological risk factors:
• bacteria, viruses in the work environment on the materials they are working;

C. Performer

a. wrong actions:
• misuse of IT equipment;
• Falling by slipping, tripping, unbalancing;
• Not using an ergonomic seat
• Incorrect positioning of the IT equipment operator;
• accidental spilling containers with liquids on office electronics and electrical installations

D. Work load

• physical overload: visual overload
• mental strain:
• intense work pace
• difficult decisions in a short time
• monotony of work;

I then assign these factors of risk that I have identified numbers from 1 to 7, both on gravity and frequency, considering that 1 means insignificant damage inflicted to the body and 7 means death.

I then take each risk’s weighted average and translate it in this formula:

http://imgur.com/7qcEumS

, where I have 18 identified risks
4 with the weighted average of 4
6 with the weighted average of 3
6 with the weighted average of 2
and 2 with the weighted average of 1.

And therefore we have as a result the number 3 as the overall weighted average for the risk of working as programmer. If I were to choose a career, this seems as a pretty good one, considering that a teller gets around 3.5, a construction worker around 4 or a miner gets around 5.5 on the 1 to 7 risk scale.

I think that if transposed properly and built into wallets, this type of analysis, or any other type of powerful real-time prognosis tools could take the crypto way beyond the proverbial moon, and if skilfully combined with an intuitive interface, could transform the wallet into your business partner and make trading of commodities, goods or services one click away for the non-technical user.

In the hopes I have not scared you with my FUD (due to the nature of my work) in choosing to continue your brilliant work as a programmer, I am extending an open invitation to all the community to exercise their imagination and express their wishes on what the future of crypto should be bringing. These guys are certainly here to deliver.

If you have read this far, I want to thank you for bearing my pseudo-science and wish good fortunes to you all!

-belibeli
ereborltc

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:33:06 AM

^^^^^           
belibeli : "In the hopes I have not scared you with my FUD (due to the nature of my work) in choosing to continue your brilliant work as a programmer, I am extending an open invitation to all the community to exercise their imagination and express their wishes on what the future of crypto should be bringing. These guys are certainly here to deliver."

why would this be fud? seems like suggestions of what you'd like to see happen with neos... absolutely nothing wrong with that , pretty sure twoturtles is sleeping right now but wouldn't surprise me if he responded soon either lol this guy doesn't stop...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:34:16 AM

why people think this is scamm?
ereborltc

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:37:03 AM

why people think this is scamm?
who thinks this is a scam loll ,absolutely no one...

please read the thread before asking that..

this is the most transparent talented dev you'll prob ever meet Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:39:01 AM

i thought james was most talented dev...
belibeli

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:27:06 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 10:51:58 AM by belibeli

@ ereborltc
I think of it as fear, uncertainty and doubt because types of analysis like these that focus on the death factor are common to insurance salesmen and are meant to give a negative context to your surroundings, so that the insurance company can justify the policy, and I, as a risk assessor, can justify my work and salary. Although a risk assessment is crucial for the definition and prevention of some future negative behaviors of the environment and its user, in reality, from my experience, there is also the chance (destiny, faith) factor that is not part of any accepted theory in the scientific community.

For example, I wrote a risk assessment for the teachers of an elementary school in a small village of a country unknown. I examined the area carefully, tried to think of surrounding dangers and the nature of their work as best as I could possibly imagine. I thought of risks ranging from lice (due to the children’s hygiene) to stabbing (due to the poor nature of the village and alcoholism being frequent within the population/parents).

One day there was a flood at the third floor of the school. This was left unchecked and the damages made to the ceiling were not repaired. A year later, on ground floor, during a normal class a professor gets his 1-3 cervical vertebras crushed by a piece of the ceiling falling on the back of his neck. This was called a work-related accident. Could I have predicted that?

Working in this area for so long I have about another dozen examples like this where actual math purely cannot calculate the magnitude of the butterfly effect and the unfathomable consequences of one’s actions.
What can be done though, by humans and computers alike is to analyze what has happened and try to prevent the same negative behavior from happening in the future.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:29:12 AM

nicecoin and just hold them for long term now.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:30:12 AM

Hello, I’m a great supporter of both BTCD and NEOS projects with the outmost respect for the developers work. If the question has been raised for the community to have a go at what they wish to see in the future of crypto, I thought I should try as well to publicly project my desires. When you tear me apart, please consider that I lack software knowledge and am not a native English speaker.

Belibeli,

Let me put your mind at ease - your English is just fine firstly.  Secondly, there will be no tearing apart done by me or anyone in my community.  You've raised some valid, and very good points as well as features.  Once v2 is released, I'll begin looking into how we might proceed with some sort of approach for possible integration.  I will keep everyone posted at such a time so that they'll be aware.  Thank you very much for your support, we appreciate it greatly.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:30:50 AM

I would agree with you there.

Sincerely,

syntaks

btcney

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:32:36 AM

Sincerely,

syntaks

Did you already read about the supernet idea?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:37:22 AM

Sincerely,

syntaks

Did you already read about the supernet idea?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0

I certainly have.  It's an interesting read and concept.  James is an incredibly talented developer.

belibeli

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:50:05 AM

Belibeli,

Let me put your mind at ease - your English is just fine firstly.  Secondly, there will be no tearing apart done by me or anyone in my community.  You've raised some valid, and very good points as well as features.  Once v2 is released, I'll begin looking into how we might proceed with some sort of approach for possible integration.  I will keep everyone posted at such a time so that they'll be aware.  Thank you very much for your support, we appreciate it greatly.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thank you very much, I appreciate your kind words and promptitude they were delivered with.  After few crypto ventures that didn’t fruit, my hope glands were unexcited and my skepticism was set to high. I am grateful for giving me something to believe in while on the internet and I take a moment to wish you the very best of luck with your shared project.
-belibeli
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:55:24 AM

Devs can we put in - wallet advertising/ads and use any money it generates to buy up neos and then use the neos for bounties/giveaways.  I think now and especially in the future advertising in crypto will become more mainstream and will surely be a source of income.  We could do ads like coinmarketcap.com does and possibly do well.

The money generated would also offset some miner dumping (even though it's hard to mine) as well.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 11:57:20 AM

Devs can we put in - wallet advertising/ads and use any money it generates to buy up neos and then use the neos for bounties/giveaways.  I think now and especially in the future advertising in crypto will become more mainstream and will surely be a source of income.  We could do ads like coinmarketcap.com does and possibly do well.

The money generated would also offset some miner dumping (even though it's hard to mine) as well.

This could be a great idea.  It was suggested to me by another person too, but I just couldn't see polluting the wallet with an ad let alone several.  I'll leave it up to the community though.  Worst-case, we can find other means of income generation and support Neos with it.

Best regards,

syntaks

RedZeppelin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:27:13 PM

Please lets rise above "my daddy versus your daddy" sandbox discussion.

Kahir - Scamming dev of Rebirthcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798159.msg8977686#msg8977686 gets a free happy meal!!
cacvy3

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:10:29 PM

+1 
I think that anyone that has the knowledge and intelligence to come up and implement new ideas in Crypto, is very rare.  It's hard to compare 2 artist,   when both products seem incredible.  Syntaks, you have a gift, and dedication.  I'm sure you will go down in the history books!!!  Keep up the good work, and thanks for restoring faith in the Digital Wild West!!!
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 02:23:03 PM

+1 
I think that anyone that has the knowledge and intelligence to come up and implement new ideas in Crypto, is very rare.  It's hard to compare 2 artist,   when both products seem incredible.  Syntaks, you have a gift, and dedication.  I'm sure you will go down in the history books!!!  Keep up the good work, and thanks for restoring faith in the Digital Wild West!!!

I just reach for the square brush when I paint a circle, that's all.  I'm weird, different, outside of the norm with my approaches typically.  I'm no better or worse than anyone else really as I feel in some way or another we all bring something of value to the cryptoverse.  Thanks for your compliments though =).

Sincerely,

syntaks

Altcoin4life

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:41:51 PM

Apparently when you tell neoscoin supporters to HODL they take that shit seriously,  well played everyone.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: