Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:06:33 AM

Cryptocoinsnews: "Gems is a new cryptocurrency-based project that hopes to disrupt social networking like Bitcoin disrupted currency by returning control of the network to users and bringing “cryptocurrency to the masses.”
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/gems-wants-disrupt-social-networks-like-bitcoin-disrupted-currency/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:09:27 PM

Any estimation of IPO schedule??

Tentative date is November 1st

@ what price will they go during ipo ?
4M8B

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:21:53 PM

I understand you're hesitating about the quantity of gems that should exist.

This isn't easy to discover, but I think you should always show the price as "users gems/price in local currency", so users always will have an idea how much they own in traditional currency and can give it this way market-value.

Success with the project ...
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:20:40 PM

Any estimation of IPO schedule??
Tentative date is November 1st
@ what price will they go during ipo ?

We are thinking about different models.
There will be a clear announcement with all the presale details.

I understand you're hesitating about the quantity of gems that should exist.
This isn't easy to discover, but I think you should always show the price as "users gems/price in local currency", so users always will have an idea how much they own in traditional currency and can give it this way market-value.
Success with the project ...

Thank you for your feedback.
We will definitely try to keep things as simple as possible.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:29:23 PM

coinfinance: Gems is a brand new sharing economy model and we are the first to bring it to market, if it succeeds it will be a game changer in the way social networks currently work.
http://www.coinfinance.com/news/interview-with-gems-the-first-social-currency-network#.VDRAWbrpjOA.facebook
Crypto 4 Revo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:30:27 PM

"Gems is The First Social Currency Network."
lolololololololollllllllllllllll bwahahahahahahaha
I can't even remember how many coins have claimed to be the "social currency".
Grin they have nothing new to fud people Cheesy

Not trying to fud anyone.

We are building an app that is very similar to WhatsApp that everyone knows and is used to but with 3 main advantages:
(1) the users own the network - you get rewarded for inviting more people to use the app and also get paid for accepting unsolicited messages and sharing more information.
(2) you can be as anonymous as you desire.
(3) the app is going to function also as an easy to use wallet - the username is an alias to the gems address, making sending & receiving gems and bitcoins between users as easy as possible.  Sending gems/bitcoins will be as simple as sending an SMS to your friend.

We think that these 3 points will make it a lot easier for new non techie people to join the cryptocurrency revolution.

In our opinion the main attraction to the currency will be driven by 1) user growth and 2) text usage.

Unlike most coin Gems are backed up by real value which is the users thus advertiser will be the main reason to the drive the value of gems higher. Advertiser need to buy gems in the exchanges in order to send unsolicited messages to the network - so there will always be a demand to buy gems in the market.

If users accept to receive unsolicited messages they will be reward with gems. if users give more information about themselves they will be reward with gems. but if you want to stay anonymous and not receive any “spam” you can do that also.

We think this model is a good solution to the "spam problem" every social network has - would love some feedback/suggestion about the "Gems Pay For Social Reach" model?

Very exciting. This has the potential to get non techy people into bitcoin. The ability to send money like a text message is a fantastic adaption
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:26:57 AM

@DEV, do you know the most popular instant chat tool named wechat in China even in Asia, can you compare wechat and GEMS? It's very important to investors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WeChat

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:49:09 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 09:17:45 AM by BitThink

@DEV, do you know the most popular instant chat tool named wechat in China even in Asia, can you compare wechat and GEMS? It's very important to investors.

The main difference:

wechat user count: > 0.4billion and it is based on the hugh user group already established on Tencent QQ.

BTW, there are more competitors besides wechat:
Whatsapp > 0.4 billion, now bought by Facebook
Line         > 0.2 billion
KakaoTalk > 0.1 billion

That said:
Whether you can gain from the GEMS investment does not rely on how many users finally use GEMS, so invest based on your own judgement.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:05:47 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 03:16:31 PM by peled1986

The main difference:

wechat user count: > 0.4billion and it is based on the hugh user group already established on Tencent QQ.

BTW, there are more competitors besides wechat:
Whatsapp > 0.4 billion, now bought by Facebook
Line         > 0.2 billion
KakaoTalk > 0.1 billion

That said:
Whether you can gain from the GEMS investment does not rely on how many users finally use GEMS, so invest based on your own judgement.

we obviously don't think GEMS can be compared with wechat, whatsapp enormous user base.
Currently there isn't any cryptocurrency (except bitcoin) with a few hundred thousand people.

Gems is a gateway to cryptocurrency, encrypted social messaging and the ability to transmit value via txt message. we think Gems is in a very good spot to get a foothold in one of the most sought after spaces in the crypto market.

There isn't another social crypto app with these features:

- the viral concept of being rewarded for inviting your friends.
- the balanced and fair advertising model (creating inherent demand and value)
- built in Gems/Bitcoin wallet - username is an alias to the gems address, making sending & receiving gems and bitcoins between users as easy as sending an SMS to your friend.
- Be as anonymous as you desire. encrypted communications. (WhatsApp and Skype style registrations)

If the community helps us and this app goes viral, gems and bitcoin will reach hounders thousands if not few millions of new users. Thats Big. (Just as a comparison the biggest web wallet Blockchain.info just reached 2 million wallets, probably few hounders thousands of users, there must be and will be a better way to bring crypto to the masses).

We know there will be many complications and hurdles but If compared to most other altcoins, we think Gems "bring more to the table" .
4M8B

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:38:02 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 01:54:22 PM by 4M8B

snip

Gems is a gateway to cryptocurrency, encrypted social messaging and the ability to transmit value via txt message. we think Gems is in a very good spot to get a foothold in one of the most sought after spaces in the crypto market.

snip
+1

If you need a tool to give it an extra boost when you start promoting, you can use https://www.thunderclap.it/en. If you have a good facebook profile it's pretty cool and we could all help then...

Dev did you follow the reddcoin community ? I've invested in them because I really believe gems and reddcoin can help bitcoin go more mainstream...
Reddcoin team is pretty good, they invented POSV (Proof-of-stake-velocity), have a great block explorer, also an API everybody can use, and they created a nice social wallet, much more to come !

Rimantas

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:48:58 PM

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, is there Bitcoin miners fee for GEMS transfer?  

Thanks

Yes, in order to transfer GEMS on the bitcoin blockchain you need to pay a miners fee. Counterparty core developers achieved taking the fees down to 0.00002 btc, much lower than the standard Bitcoin core fee. Considering the scale we want Gems to grow, offchain solution plus redemption on-chain might be the best option.

Thank you
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:55:58 PM

altcoinherald: "What if a social network existed that helped the users monetize the content they create, without cutting a third party in on the action. Gems plans on doing just that."
https://altcoinherald.com/gems-plans-integrate-social-media-cryptocurrency/
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:01:53 AM

peled1986 will Gems IPO be done on the Qora AE?  Grin

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:22:51 AM

I don't believe so.

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:17:17 AM

Sound interesting, gonna watch.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:56:09 AM

+1
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:01:21 PM

After going through the thread, I found that at first only IOS will be supported. How long will it take for the android app after the initial launch?
I have an Android phone. Can I still invest on Nov 1st? If yes, where will be the Gems sent to initially or do I have to wait until the Android launch to receive my share? Thanks.

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:35:47 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 03:17:28 PM by peled1986

After going through the thread, I found that at first only IOS will be supported. How long will it take for the android app after the initial launch?

It will take our team about a month to duplicate the app to Android after we are done with the iOS version.

I have an Android phone. Can I still invest on Nov 1st? If yes, where will be the Gems sent to initially or do I have to wait until the Android launch to receive my share? Thanks.

Yes, you will be able to buy gems without any problem. More info regarding the pre-sale and crowdfunding platform will be given ahead of time.

sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:29:12 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/16/-sp-revealed-whisper-app-tracking-users
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:08:30 PM

Dev did you follow the reddcoin community ? I've invested in them because I really believe gems and reddcoin can help bitcoin go more mainstream...
Reddcoin team is pretty good, they invented POSV (Proof-of-stake-velocity), have a great block explorer, also an API everybody can use, and they created a nice social wallet, much more to come !

Someone has been drinking the redd kool aid.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: