Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:24:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

Something very important, don't know if the gems team has thought about it.
Lets say i have never heard of crypto and use the gems app and i want to send unsolicitate messages. Where do i buy gemz in the first place? Considering the app is all about simplicity for the common user, shouldn't there be a buy gemz option in the app?
As I understand, every new user can get a few GEMS via “airdrop” giveaways. The user that invited you also have GEMS so you may ask him some.
You can buy GEMS from any user with cash (or other way) exactly like Bitcoin when you trade in person.
Nowadays, there are more and more possibilities to buy Bitcoin directly with a bank card so anyone able to make a purchase on Internet can afford Bitcoins & get GEMS.
I think the starting point of GEM project was to make cryptocurrency mainstream.
Fair enough but what if i want to buy more gemz than the user can offer me, or someone wants to spend a lot of gemz. There should be a simple buy gems button for users who want to buy it. I hope the devs make this process easy aswell then it will be gold, i'm purely talking from a newbie standpoint who even doesn't know what bitcoin is, which the common user pretty much is.

I can imagine a direct buy button doing this :
Credit Card --> FIAT on exchange --> BTC on exchange --> GEMS on exchange --> GEMS credited to user
or
Credit Card --> FIAT on exchange --> GEMS on exchange --> GEMS credited to user
or
simply a fixed rate by the company that will always be more expensive than the real market

The final user would only see the current FIAT/GEMS price, pay with credit card and get his GEMS on his account.

GEMS would need an exchange doing different pairs : FIAT/BTC, FIAT GEMS, BTC/GEMS, ...
Maybe an advanced feature inside the app for traders ? Not needed but it would be cool.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:02:18 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 12:51:57 AM by reRaise

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:23:29 AM

Lets say i have never heard of crypto and use the gems app and i want to send unsolicitate messages. Where do i buy gemz in the first place? Considering the app is all about simplicity for the common user, shouldn't there be a buy gemz option in the app?
As I understand, every new user can get a few GEMS via “airdrop” giveaways. The user that invited you also have GEMS so you may ask him some.
You can buy GEMS from any user with cash (or other way) exactly like Bitcoin when you trade in person.
Nowadays, there are more and more possibilities to buy Bitcoin directly with a bank card so anyone able to make a purchase on Internet can afford Bitcoins & get GEMS.
I think the starting point of GEM project was to make cryptocurrency mainstream.
Fair enough but what if i want to buy more gemz than the user can offer me, or someone wants to spend a lot of gemz. There should be a simple buy gems button for users who want to buy it. I hope the devs make this process easy aswell then it will be gold, i'm purely talking from a newbie standpoint who even doesn't know what bitcoin is, which the common user pretty much is.

Credit Card --> FIAT on exchange --> BTC on exchange --> GEMS on exchange --> GEMS credited to user
or
or
simply a fixed rate by the company that will always be more expensive than the real market

The final user would only see the current FIAT/GEMS price, pay with credit card and get his GEMS on his account.

GEMS would need an exchange doing different pairs : FIAT/BTC, FIAT GEMS, BTC/GEMS, ...
Maybe an advanced feature inside the app for traders ? Not needed but it would be cool.

Your thinking like a crypto head not an average new to Bitcoin user. A simple fiat to Gems Or BTC is all you need similar to how you buy credits on games for example. Trading should not go anywhere near the app and should be discouraged generally not even a simple swap BTC for GEMS ability. Then the focus needs to be on spending your gems and BTC and encouraging vendors to take GEMS as well as BTC. Once you start having advanced features even if they are hidden in a tab ruin the simple principle of user friendliness.

The crypto community has been making this same mistake for a while now because what they see as simple really isn't for the average non technical person. An app to go mainstream needs to be stupidly easy to use, once people see how they can easily buy stuff by sending BTC or GEMS they will be hooked.
reRaise

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:34:09 AM

or
or

Your thinking like a crypto head not an average new to Bitcoin user. A simple fiat to Gems Or BTC is all you need similar to how you buy credits on games for example. Trading should not go anywhere near the app and should be discouraged generally not even a simple swap BTC for GEMS ability. Then the focus needs to be on spending your gems and BTC and encouraging vendors to take GEMS as well as BTC. Once you start having advanced features even if they are hidden in a tab ruin the simple principle of user friendliness.

The crypto community has been making this same mistake for a while now because what they see as simple really isn't for the average non technical person. An app to go mainstream needs to be stupidly easy to use, once people see how they can easily buy stuff by sending BTC or GEMS they will be hooked.

Very much agree with your point
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:16:28 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 12:26:19 PM by superresistant

or
or

You are reacting to the *least important comment I made, just forget about it. No special feature in the app.
I was talking about a "buy button" similar to every existing apps.
The details are the technical explanation of the script behind the "buy button".
I wasn't considering any second that the final user would see, imagine or understand anything that happen behind the "buy button".

The GEMS exchange would not be known by the average Joe but it is needed to regulate the BTC/GEMS market price because cryptocurrency can only exist in a free-market.

EDIT : *
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:54:47 PM

I don't actually use messenger apps so I don't know the current uses and trends in the West. But I live in Asia and two apps the devlopers should have a look at is LINE and KakaoTalk. Both have moved from simple chat apps to semi social media apps with a small gallery of photos and current status showing etc. Plus Kakoatalk has an offshoot to a more dveloped FB like site called Kakao Story. Long term I think GEMS has to be more than a bare bones messenging app.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:56:05 PM

Gems wasn't the first to try this idea and it won't be the last to fail either.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ph.gli.android&hl=en_GB

What does GEMS have to say about the SENDIT app?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
reRaise

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:11:16 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 08:41:54 PM by reRaise

I don't actually use messenger apps so I don't know the current uses and trends in the West. But I live in Asia and two apps the devlopers should have a look at is LINE and KakaoTalk. Both have moved from simple chat apps to semi social media apps with a small gallery of photos and current status showing etc. Plus Kakoatalk has an offshoot to a more dveloped FB like site called Kakao Story. Long term I think GEMS has to be more than a bare bones messenging app.

Did you listen to the podcast? its much more than a messaging app with the simplicity everyone is used to
reRaise

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:38:28 PM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ph.gli.android&hl=en_GB

What does GEMS have to say about the SENDIT app?

gliph is too much hassle and too different, i'm used to whatsapp and glyph is too different. he talks about artifacts, facets nobody gets that, combined with a bad chosen name and poor promotion. But what gems really makes superior is it's attention based economy model which glyph doesn't have and it also doesn't reward users.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:53:28 AM

Did you listen to the podcast? its much more than a messaging app with the simplicity everyone is used to

Which one? There is at least two.

I don't believe GEMS has the functions I mentioned YET.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 05:36:16 AM

i got my coins and promoted this on my blog - now just waiting for launch

reRaise

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:15:42 AM

Which one? There is at least two.

This is the latest one http://shoutengine.com/BitcoinNewsWeekly/dollars-to-bitcoins-banks-hate-bitcoin-the-gold-5231
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 12:04:17 PM

or
or

You are reacting to the important comment I made, just forget about it. No special feature in the app.
The details are the technical explanation of the script behind the "buy button".
I wasn't considering any second that the final user would see, imagine or understand anything that happen behind the "buy button".

The GEMS exchange would not be known by the average Joe but it is needed to regulate the BTC/GEMS market price because cryptocurrency can only exist in a free-market.

I am inclined to agree with your last point wholeheartedly.

junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:02:52 PM

Hi

where can I find how my refferal works?
Alex_crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 05:47:09 PM

Over 25 million GEMZ sold! Nice work marketing team!

Peled and the team you have run a very solid campaign. I hope this means your team will be as efficient getting the app to the masses! You had a lot of money betting against you could not break 1500. I would expect to see some of that capital coming into the sale now.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 05:58:47 PM

Peled and the team you have run a very solid campaign. I hope this means your team will be as efficient getting the app to the masses! You had a lot of money betting against you could not break 1500. I would expect to see some of that capital coming into the sale now.

I doubt they will sell the other 25m unless of course the inevitable self buying from the Developerscomes and the early dump. Anyone buying now has to understand their will likely be an early dump around this price. It's the easiest way to make money, buy at cheapest early level in an IPO then dump to later price floors that later buyers bought in on. This is a generic problem with IPOs not GEMS fault.

What I really take issue with this IPO is this was susposed to be about price discovery but it goes on for 45 days! You could sell almost any coin over a long enough period, doesn't mean that the natural price. I don't like IPO's but at least they usually keep them down to a week or so. For real price discovery this IPO of should already be finished but no one in GEMS is going to want to lose their precious BTC for some thing like genuine price discovery. If Koinify think this has raised the quality of IPO's may I suggest they stop smoking so many Canabis coins. It's a money grab, plain and simple.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:36:51 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 11:11:49 PM by Netnox

Impressed on how things are going so far, the app is revolutionary enough to be successful. It all comes down to marketing, the Gems team has done pretty well and i hope apart from community support they get themselves some tight connections (which seems they have the ability), partnerships and aiming to get mainstream coverage. This concept is very consumer friendly so it's easier to promote and understand for the common person
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:17:25 PM

or
or

You are reacting to the important comment I made, just forget about it. No special feature in the app.

I am inclined to agree with your last point wholeheartedly.

We agree that the direct buy button should be as simple as possible from the user point of view.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:27:11 PM

We have come a long way and today's announcement of breaking the 1500 btc goal is a major milestone. We could not have done it without all of you.

coinbrief: "Currently Social Media is anything but our’s. There is a saying “if a product is free you are the product” and this is now the case with Social Media": http://coinbrief.net/gems-bringing-crypto-to-everyone/

Impressed on how things are going so far, the app is revolutionary enough to be successful. It all comes down to marketing, the Gems team has done pretty well and i hope apart from community support they get themselves some tight connections (which seems they have the ability), partnerships and aiming to get mainstream coverage. This concept is very consumer friendly so it's easier to promote and understand for the common person

Good news will be coming out today!
SkryptoDude

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:11:56 AM

Gems will be available in iTunes December 30th. It will be available for Android by May. To make it an even playing field referral rewards will not start until both apps are released.

If the airdrops start with the Android release in May, what happens if you sign someone up before May? Would it be best to wait until May to add your friends in order to collect a portion of the airdrops? I don't recall this being covered.

Congratulations on over 25 million GEMZ sold. I'm watching Gems with great anticipation!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: