Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:32:06 AM

1+2: we decreased the total supply from 10 Billion Gems to a 100 Million Gems as a response to the community feedback. gem can be divided down to 8 decimal places so it isn't a problem if Gems network grows at an exponential rate.
Still feel that 100 Million is a small number if we are talking worldwide adoption.
Just for calculation purposes
If you raise the whole 3000 BTC(Mentioned in the video) for 45 Million Gems, each gem will be sold at 6670 satotshis.

3. If the community think its a good idea we can consider this. It's important to note that the current model of the "airdrop" all ready gives incentive to early adopters, this is because the daily airdrop amount is fixed (~27,400 gems) while the numbers of users joining the network every day will keep growing.
For example:  on day one 2 users join the network = each invite will be worth 13,700 gems.
                     on day thirty 100 users join the network = each invite will be worth 274 gems.
Please consider this because this type of marketing has been hugely successful in the past for companies like Amway, etc. Please consider creating a poll here. Also what do you think about a Gems forum? We'll need it after the launch for sure.

4. Our mobile apps are completely native. We develop for each platform (iOS/Android) separately and that's in order to reach vey highest quality possible. Cross platform solutions like phonegap or appcelerator are cheaper to make but result in lower quality apps. Our iOS app is written in Objective C and our Android app will be written in Java. If you compare the underlying technology for other serious apps like WhatsApp or Facebook, you will see the same implementation choice. We need the presale funds to be able to develop and support both platforms. To keep things "fair" we can start the airdrop compensation model only when both iOS and Android apps are ready.

It is great to see that you are giving equal priority to both the platforms. This way we can test the app before the airdrops.
I would like to mention it again that I was amazed to see the Decentral video. Everything is well thought and planned before the crowdsale except that Koinify might face some problems with the current situation in the US with the SEC investigating Tokens..

Thank you for the feedback!
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:55:27 PM

I don't know if you are going to do this but having an incentive for people to buy GEMS early is a good idea BUT having too sharp a sliding scale for airdrops would be a mistake. i assume this was just an example and not anything like the figures you would actually do.

For example:  on day one 2 users join the network = each invite will be worth 13,700 gems.
                     on day thirty 100 users join the network = each invite will be worth 274 gems.

If in one month the airdrops had dropped a lot then really only crypto types would benefit and you would of used all your bullets for maintaining uptake.

People over at least a year (or say the first 1m downloads if we are going to be positive!) need to have plenty of motivation to join. What you don't want is the majority of the coins going in the first month or two to guys on here hording. I think you should have some control over the airdrops and use drops as great adverts for Qora as people wait for the next one. Like I said you don't want to annoy people who know early guys got too much benefit.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:20:02 PM

Do you guys have a working demo or concept ready/working on it or do you start to work on it after the public sale? And how long will it take until it's ready to be used?
deliciousowl

Activity: 432

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:32:15 PM

I really hope you guys will be using strong encryption for the messaging itself  Smiley.

I also fully support the idea of an invite system instead of a traditional presale, as other users have pointed out here. That will clearly be a benefit to GEMS.

open82buy

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:04:03 PM

Does anyone know if the GEMS app will work on the iPhone 4?
Altcoin Agent

Activity: 798

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:16:30 PM

It does on my 4S, I'm playing with a beta version right now.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:42:34 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 04:04:54 PM by open82buy

Thanks for the reply Altcoin Agent  Wink  Can you post a link so I can give it a try?
Not lazy, just to busy at the moment to read through the thread. You know how it goes to much to see in the crypto world and not enough time to see it all.  Grin

Regards
Hipster   Grin
deliciousowl

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:13:22 PM

So if you are paid to be advertised to, what will stop someone from creating hundreds of dummy accounts to harvest ad revenue? A registration fee in gems?  Smiley

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:08:15 PM

Do you guys have a working demo or concept ready/working on it or do you start to work on it after the public sale? And how long will it take until it's ready to be used?

Someone who can answer this?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

So if you are paid to be advertised to, what will stop someone from creating hundreds of dummy accounts to harvest ad revenue? A registration fee in gems?  Smiley

I'm not a GEMs dev. But, it should be possible to tie an account to a phone ID, thus not allowing that person to have hundreds of accounts, unless he has hundreds of phones.
deliciousowl

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:27:12 PM

I'm not a GEMs dev. But, it should be possible to tie an account to a phone ID, thus not allowing that person to have hundreds of accounts, unless he has hundreds of phones.
Hmm. Privacy out of the window there...

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:31:51 PM

So if you are paid to be advertised to, what will stop someone from creating hundreds of dummy accounts to harvest ad revenue? A registration fee in gems?  Smiley

Not at all. Do you know what my phone's ID is?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:34:26 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 10:12:42 PM by peled1986

So if you are paid to be advertised to, what will stop someone from creating hundreds of dummy accounts to harvest ad revenue? A registration fee in gems?  Smiley

Not at all. Do you know what my phone's ID is?

How Does the System Flag Fraudulent Activity?

Users can only communicate within the Gems network through the suite of official mobile apps for the leading mobile platforms. Usage is restricted to manual human operation only. Users must create an official Gems account in order to participate in the network. Gems accounts are locked to a single specific mobile device, and this mobile device is only allowed to access a single Gems account at a time.

The system employs a constant set of offline algorithms which maintain a trust indication score for every account. This score indicates the level of assurance or trust the system has that an account holder is a genuine, valid human user. The following elements contribute to a user’s trust indication score:

1. The account age. Accounts initially start with a low trust score, which increases slowly over time (as long as it is not identified as fraudulent).

2. The number of gems available in the account. Accounts without gems initially start with a lower trust score.

3. Mobile device authenticity fingerprint. Since accounts are tied to a specific physical mobile device, every communication from this device is anonymously fingerprinted. Suspicious fingerprint patterns flag incidents of sharing, such as multiple accounts linked to one device, or access to the account from multiple devices.

4. Usage frequency patterns. Since accounts are limited to manual operation only, suspicious-action frequency patterns (such as mass use in a short amount of time, lack of interaction with incoming content) are flagged.

5. Response to push messages. The system sends periodic push messages to connected mobile devices to verify network connectivity status.

6. Communication network and friends. Interactions with high-trust accounts builds more trust than interactions with low trust accounts.

7. Relationship connections. The trust score is affected by the number of users invited, combined with the identity of the original inviter.

8. Reputation within the community. Being flagged as spam, or being blocked by other users will result in a lower trust score.

Accounts with a low trust indication score are shown periodic captchas within the Gems app in order to verify that the account owner is human.

Accounts must pass a trust-score threshold in order to be regarded as active for the daily airdrop. Accounts with low trust scores are silently ignored in airdrop activity calculations until the trust score increases.
deliciousowl

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:47:55 PM

Really cool. Thanks!

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:52:26 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 10:07:08 PM by TaunSew

Facebook is worth ~200B$. Twitter ~30B$. Instagram was bought for 1B$, and Whatsapp for a whooping 19B$.
The average age of the companies is less than 7 years. What constitutes their enormous values? Users, at an industry average of 100$.

In the age of the internet if you are not paying for a service then you are not the costumer - you are the product.

Those capitalization are derived from calculations based on the advertising worth of each customers and so on and so forth.   This is same about PayPal where their capitalization is derived from the transaction fees they generate from acting as a middle man payment processor.

Have to realize we are dealing here with digital currencies which operate more like traditional assets like Gold & Silver.   500K-2M Bitcoin users were able to produce a capitalization of $15+ billion in last November.  Any digital currency which has 100 million users would probably be worth $Trillions.

To put into perspective dot.com late 1990s was worth $7 Trillion and only 130 million people had internet access at the time.  

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:04:46 AM

The Gems application is in an alpha development phase and should be ready for a public beta during the pre-sale.
Alpha version supports instant messaging, push notifications, new user registration and login, contact directory and display the GEMS wallet. Release server backend which supports both the cloud instant messaging and counterparty integration.

Thanks for the reply Altcoin Agent  Wink  Can you post a link so I can give it a try?
Not lazy, just to busy at the moment to read through the thread. You know how it goes to much to see in the crypto world and not enough time to see it all.  Grin

Regards
Hipster   Grin

beta version registration is a "headache". if you sign up for updates about Gems we will email you once the app is in the App Store.
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 05:33:09 AM

peled1986  can u reply to my PM?

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 12:14:05 PM

Thanks - that's the version I got.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

DailyModo

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:37:11 PM

Gems article, hope you enjoy it http://coin-network.com/gems-the-new-bitcoin-social-network-era/

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:45:50 AM

So your asking for double the marketcap of Qora for only half the coins. A cool million dollars for making an app, what planet do you crypto stealers live on? You get money when you succeed not when you just make an app.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I'm out of here.

- The pre-sale is going to be done in a price discovery mechanism. The community is going to decide the initial marketcap.
- We think its important to keep Gems reserve for the airdrop in order to grow the network.
- we explained why we think a pre-sale is the right model for Gems here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg8707596;topicseen#msg8707596

What does price discovery mechanism actually mean in practice?

Will the initial sale price change over time?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: