Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:00:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
CryptoBillboard

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:07:14 AM

Like the GEMS facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GEMS/352689041546266

follow on twitter
https://twitter.com/getgemsorg
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:58:46 AM

waiting for the next update from dev now.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:42:47 PM

Good news: https://github.com/tipsjcx SJCX tip bots for twitter and IRC could be adapted for any counterparty asset.

Now not only sending Gems/Bitcoins between friends will be as easy as sending an SMS, you will also be able to tip with Gems.

Thank you Storj  Smiley
btcshare

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:06:39 PM

how can I get gems? looks nice!

my twitter:@Bitcoinsell
CryptoBillboard

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:47:43 PM

Good news: https://github.com/tipsjcx SJCX tip bots for twitter and IRC could be adapted for any counterparty asset.

Now not only sending Gems/Bitcoins between friends will be as easy as sending an SMS, you will also be able to tip with Gems.

Thank you Storj  Smiley

Fantastic!  This is the most exciting project in crypto in my opinion.  I cant wait for the app to come out
BlackMarket

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:58:41 PM

is this coin integrated with game?
like gems in many games now.
so people can use this coin to buy gems
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:44:03 PM

Right now we are working hard on the app UX, we want it to be as simple as possible for people to use.

I agree that later on integrating gems with social games can be very interesting.
BlackMarket

Activity: 322

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:50:12 PM

Right now we are working hard on the app UX, we want it to be as simple as possible for people to use.

I agree that later on integrating gems with social games can be very interesting.
this is great people don't need paypal or Credit card again to purchase gems  Wink
WarNeverChanges

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:21:31 AM

Coin specs? Other than 10,000,000,000 GEMS?

CryptoBillboard

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:08:48 AM

Coin specs? Other than 10,000,000,000 GEMS?
Gems is through Counterparty.  They Gems will be distributed to users over the course of 5 years for being active members of the community.  I think this is a genius and novel idea.
CryptoBillboard

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:30:51 PM

This is the one crypto project that I feel could change crypto forever!  Once Getgems catches on to the millions of whatsapp users it will become the largest project in crypto potentially.  The key is to get average person to adopt and learn how to use it.  A simple messenger app that is already superior to Whatsapp (security and privacy issues) I am ALL IN with Gems!
Djentriser

Activity: 223

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

What do you guys think of Nxttycoin project? Could someone make comparision between the two?

popolite11

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:42:32 PM

What do you guys think of Nxttycoin project? Could someone make comparision between the two?

comparing the both and will post the report soon.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:42:50 PM

Only creators know all the details of their respective projects, and they would give a biased comparison. Bet on both horses.
Djentriser

Activity: 223

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:47:13 PM

Only creators know all the details of their respective projects, and they would give a biased comparison. Bet on both horses.

mmm... yeah..this is the way I think also. But still, it would be good to have more info for investors, just to be able to make more educated decision.

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:50:13 PM

mmm... yeah..this is the way I think also. But still, it would be good to have more info for investors, just to be able to make more educated decision.

Well, think of it this way: GEMS app is trying to make Bitcoins popular, Nxtty app tries to make NXT popular. Depending on which crypto you believe more - invest in the respective app Smiley But they both basically try to achieve the same functions.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:30:33 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 05:24:25 PM by peled1986

I did a short comparison last week. I will be glad to answer more questions and point out to more differences.

Can you explain what are the advantages of Gems is it?
Nxttycoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735878.0

Thank you for sharing the info about Nxttycoin. After reading a little bit about Nxttycoin I think Gems main advantages are the following:

1) Gems reward system is built on top of the bitcoin blockchain, thus the Gems wallet inside the app will support not only easy transfer of Gems but also bitcoins. Every Gems user automatically gets his own wallet, protected by the passphrase chosen on registration. The social network username is an alias to the Gems address, making sending & receiving Gems and bitcoins between users as easy as possible. One of our main goals is to bring bitcoin to the masses. We think this goal is important to everyone in the crypto community and will help the Gems network to be successful.

My guess is that Nxttycoin will be driven mostly by nxt supporters - what do you think?

2) Gems reward system is totally different than Nxttycoin. All of Nxttycoins have all ready been distributed (correct me if Im wrong please),  plus they reward users with a 5% interest every month. Gems has a much more viral marketing model. We know that in order for a messaging app to grow and reach a critical mass, the Gems network needs to grow quickly and incentives users to invite their friends. Thats why Gems will be rewarded for introducing new users to the network. Gems also reward users for being contributing to the Gems social network by texting and in other ways that will be published.

3) I think that Gems economic model is more carefully thought out than Nxttycoin. Google and Facebook base 99% of their revenue on targeted advertising. Networks monetize users by exposing them to content. With Gems: Sending content between friends is free but sending unsolicited content or advertisements costs Gems. This economic model achieve 3 goals: Stopping spam. Controlling ads. Creating real demand for Gems in the market. In our opinion after studying other successful messaging apps the main attraction to the currency will be driven by 1) user growth and 2) text usage. As these two figures grow the demand to buy Gems in the market by advertisers will grow.

The way this works is:
- Advertisements and unsolicited messages are opt-out.
- Advertisers must trade and buy Gems in order to operate.
- Spam kept under control since unsolicited messages aren't free.
- Advertisers pay you for the right to contact you.
- Gems revenue is recycled back into the network as future air drops.

It's important to note that Gems users have a choice, if users want to stay anonymous (not expose any of their info, "self destruct messages" etc) or they wish to not receive any “spam” they can do that. If users accept to receive unsolicited messages or to share more info (in order to get better targeted advertising) they can choose to and will be rewarded with Gems paid by the advertisers.

What is Nxttycoin economic model? 5% interest makes the supply bigger, how do they plan to make the demand bigger?

4) There are two ways to register to the Gems app. The "anonymous route" (register will be similar to skype) and the "normal route" (register will be similar to WhatsApp). Each route has its advantages, crypto users I am sure will prefer to stay completely anonymous and will have an easy way to contact their anonymous friends (much easier than bitcointalk PMs I think Wink) but they will have to add them one by one. While other users that don't mind exposing their phone number to their friends, will help the Gems network grow much faster because the app will have access to their contact list (like in WhatsApp) and thus connecting them to friends that are all ready using the app will be done instantly.

How is Nxttycoin planing to grow their network?

There are more smaller advantages I can think that Gems has over Nxttycoin but the above are the main ones.

In addition, Gems, too much monetary aggregates, pre-sale ratio is too low.

More details about the pre-sale will be exposed soon, we are thinking hard on ways to reward early adopters. It is very important for us to quickly build a strong community. If the community has good ideas we would love to hear them!

Hi Dev,
You seem to forget Nxttycoin. It is also based on the social network software, and appeared earlier and more mature.
So, Gems is not the first such coins.

I don't know when Nxttycoin devs started working on Nxttycoin but you can be sure that advertising the BTT thread is not when we started working on Gems. Nxttycoin is a very interesting project and we wish them "good luck" and much success!
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:02:24 PM

Right now the Gems protocol is built to reward Gems users that introduce new users to the Gems network and also reward users for texting (not reward spamming - the technical details will be published before the release).

does anyone think the Gems protocol should reward more things? - Would love to get some feedback on this important point.

Clicking on Ads (the advertisers will like that).

But, you should be able to PAY gems to avoid ads as well, which will help pay for the network.
rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:26:17 AM

Just wanted to throw this out there. I notice that the IOS from Twitter feed is in an "Advanced stage" I wonder if you would be wise if it's nearly done to push it out in the next few weeks. (If possible) and leave the Android version to be done a short while after. the reason being that NXTTY is releasing their IOS in 3 weeks. having the boasting rights to be first to market may prove important.

Just an idea. (If possible)
susu

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:45:46 AM

gems is a very worthwhile investment projects.

Chinese investors are welcome to join GEMS QQ group: 324155359

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: