Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:24:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 276 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LTCgear.com, the best scrypt/scrypt n/X11 cloud mining service, Not paying!!!  (Read 361294 times)
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:09:23 PM

How many of you actually plan on staying with the ltcgear after you get your payouts?  Personally I think I'm done...this communication is just ridiculous.

After i have to pay the "tax" and he starts paying again i see no reason to not stay there , Investing more thats another story.
Why would i get rid of them after i just paid for a full year of service.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BorisDG

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:13:20 PM

I'm sure that we don't have to pay ... he will take the tax automatically from the missed payments!
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:19:44 PM

I'm sure that we don't have to pay ... he will take the tax automatically from the missed payments!

ye i phrased it wrong .. Im not paying Any tax before i get my payments.(IF)

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:15:59 AM

A shame the 1% getting payouts apperantly dont own any forum accounts.

Yeah. Odd that  Cheesy

If he really wanted to scam us he would have make/use some fake accounts.

Lol i missed that , nice comming from 8 post account Cheesy

Warbigold

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:17:34 AM

A shame the 1% getting payouts apperantly dont own any forum accounts.

Yeah. Odd that  Cheesy

If he really wanted to scam us he would have make/use some fake accounts.

Lol i missed that , nice comming from 8 post account Cheesy

Yeah don't mind me btw my name is Chris but it's just a coincidence.
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:22:06 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 02:50:40 AM by knightlife999

We paid for 1 year of mining. One year. I just bought my shares at the end of November. I haven't gotten a single payment. A friend and I were given shares as payment twice in early December though we selected payment in LTC. I don't owe Chris maintenance until one year has passed from the date I purchased my shares. That's the policy that we all paid for. Chris never said that he would bill us a tax whenever it suits his purposes. I'm surprised that so many people are willing to pay him a tax when they haven't even been paid what they are owed. It's not our fault that he did not secure his site.

AussieMiner wrote a great post on the LTCGear forum: http://ltcgeartalk.net/index.php?topic=881.msg8915#new

I have given Chris the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not sure what to think of this. The fact that he is talking about charging us more money and barely mentioned anything about our back payments really concerns me. In addition, he didn't say anything about the multiplication that we are owed from December 24th. It appears that Chris has been mining huge amounts of LTC during the lull in difficulty and transferring the coins out from his wallets to exchanges. Read AussieMiner's post. Now, he is trying to take a sizable portion of our profit through a "tax" when he hasn't even paid us yet. It's absolutely ridiculous.    

So you paid very little for your shares and never even manage to set up your account correctly.  

We don't have any information on how he going to charge for the maintenance fee yet.   I believe (not know) that all shares will be treated equally.   You only have one choice, allow the fee to be paid, probably deducted from accumulated earning or let the shares retire.  

Frankly I hope a lot of you just let your shares retire.  

Thanks for assuming that I don't know what I'm doing. I know exactly what I am doing and set up my account correctly. I set my account for payouts in LTC, not converting payouts to shares. Instead of paying in LTC as I requested, he paid me in shares on 12/05, 12/12, and 12/19. Same thing happened to my friend. We emailed him about it multiple times. No reply.

I paid what I paid for my shares. It doesn't mean he can violate the original agreement and charge me a fee when I've only owned the shares for 2 months. I think it's gutless to allow him to charge new shareholders a fee when he hasn't paid us once. All shares are not equal. If someone has been collecting payments on their shares since August, how is it fair for people who just bought their shares to pay the same fee? He said 1 year of hosting. One year. I'm not going to allow him to change that agreement without a real discussion and fair terms. If he must charge everyone a fee, a pro-rated fee based on time is the only fair way to go about it. I know many other who feel the same. We have to stop allowing people to do this kind of thing to us in crypto. Everyone begging for table scraps and hoping that these people will give us something, anything, in return for our investment. He was paid huge amounts of BTC. He should have used some of that fortune to secure his site. It was his responsibility to safeguard the operation. He did not do it and was hacked. Just like Gox.
How many times have you heard the "I was hacked" excuse for failure of a company/project/operation? I think it happens, but many times, I think it's a lie to cover up wrongdoing.

I understand that things can go wrong in business. I'm run a company and know how tough it can be. However, it's the business owner's responsibility to ensure that partners/shareholders interests are looked after. He failed to secure our interests, and he has failed to communicate this effectively with the community time and again. Everyone could have helped him deal with the hacking issue. He keeps everyone in the dark and only gives the details when he must. He continued to take payments into January, long after he knew there were attacks on the system. He hasn't stopped mining. He must be flush with coins right now BTC, LTC, and DRK. Now he talks of charging a fee after he has fallen 5+ payments behind? This is crazy.

I apologize for sounding so irritated. I'm just fed up with getting the run around from so many failed crypto ventures/investments. I'm sure everyone else feels the same. Flaky business practices are destroying public perception of crypto. Scams are also hurting our public image. I think Chris is guilty of flaky business practices. There is really no excuse for it.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:03:49 AM

We paid for 1 year of mining. One year. I just bought my shares at the end of November. I haven't gotten a single payment. A friend and I were given shares as payment twice in early December though we selected payment in LTC. I don't owe Chris maintenance until one year has passed from the date I purchased my shares. That's the policy that we all paid for. Chris never said that he would bill us a tax whenever it suits his purposes. I'm surprised that so many people are willing to pay him a tax when they haven't even been paid what they are owed. It's not our fault that he did not secure his site.

AussieMiner wrote a great post on the LTCGear forum: http://ltcgeartalk.net/index.php?topic=881.msg8915#new

I have given Chris the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not sure what to think of this. The fact that he is talking about charging us more money and barely mentioned anything about our back payments really concerns me. In addition, he didn't say anything about the multiplication that we are owed from December 24th. It appears that Chris has been mining huge amounts of LTC during the lull in difficulty and transferring the coins out from his wallets to exchanges. Read AussieMiner's post. Now, he is trying to take a sizable portion of our profit through a "tax" when he hasn't even paid us yet. It's absolutely ridiculous.     

So you paid very little for your shares and never even manage to set up your account correctly.   

We don't have any information on how he going to charge for the maintenance fee yet.   I believe (not know) that all shares will be treated equally.   You only have one choice, allow the fee to be paid, probably deducted from accumulated earning or let the shares retire.   

Frankly I hope a lot of you just let your shares retire.   

Thanks for assuming that I don't know what I'm doing. I know exactly what I am doing and set up my account correctly. I set my account for payouts in LTC, not converting payouts to shares. Instead of paying in LTC as I requested, he paid me in shares on 12/05, 12/12, and 12/19. Same thing happened to my friend. We emailed him about it multiple times. No reply.

I paid what I paid for my shares. It doesn't mean he can violate the original agreement and charge me a fee when I've only owned the shares for 2 months. I think it's gutless to allow him to charge new shareholders a fee when he hasn't paid us once. All shares are not equal. If someone has been collecting payments on their shares since August, how is it fair for people who just bought their shares to pay the same fee? He said 1 year of hosting. One year. I'm not going to allow him to change that agreement without a real discussion and fair terms. If he must charge everyone a fee, a pro-rated fee based on time is the only fair way to go about it. I know many other who feel the same. We have to stop allowing people to do this kind of thing to us in crypto. Everyone begging for table scraps and hoping that these people will give us something, anything, in return for our investment. He was paid huge amounts of BTC. He should have used some of that fortune to secure his site. It was his responsibility to safeguard the operation. He did not do it and was hacked. Just like Gox.
How many times have you heard the "I was hacked" excuse for failure of a company/project/operation? I think it happens, but many times, I think it's a lie to cover up wrongdoing.

I understand that things can go wrong in business. I'm run a company and know how tough it can be. However, it's the business owner's responsibility to ensure that partners/shareholders interests are looked after. He failed to secure our interests, and he has failed to communicate this effectively with the community time and again. Everyone could have helped him deal with the hacking issue. He keeps everyone in the dark and only gives the details when he must. He continued to take payments into January, long after he knew there were attacks on the system. He hasn't stopped mining. He must be flush with coins right now BTC, LTC, and DRK. Now he talks of charging a fee after he has fallen 5+ payments behind? This is crazy.

I apologize for sounding so irritated. I'm just fed up with getting the run around from so many failed crypto ventures/investments. I'm sure everyone else feels the same. Flaky business practices are destroying public perception of crypto. Scams are also hurting our public image. I think Chris is guilty of flaky business practices. There is really no excuse for it.
agree entirely... but to be honest, at that point I really doubt he will pay anything. His announcement was still believable when he made it, but since then absolutely nobody have been able to access the pay on demand. There is no evidence than the database problem, if any, have been solved (and he didn't say anything either).
So basically it was a big announcement with absolutely no follow up and clear the tax crap on less than 2 month old share is a joke.

I wouldn't mind to forfeit a few payment because money has been lost to hacker, but not to a fee for shares I bought the 15th december (for the last...). Not mentioning he still owe referal money which would be large enough to pay all the fee of everybody.

Last point the new asic has been delayed... (so what he was too busy to place an order ??) Didn't he say that the factory was going into some hiatus in February (or March don't remember) and now he tell us that he will order them in February... sound strange again.

I really doubt we will see anything in a near future.... (even though I wouldn't sell my shares just in case...).

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:23:16 AM

I don't believe the site was hacked. In crypto when you want to stop paying the de rigueur thing to do is claim you got hacked, pretend you are mitigating it and then shut down the operation. Chris thought we would stupidly pay him some "tax" to steal more money before he shuts down. My prediction the site is never updated again and we will never have any communication from Chris ever again unless it is in a Romanian courtroom, which is very unlikely.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
soulcity

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:29:03 AM

I'm going to mail him some glitter

http://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:32:36 AM

Funny you never posted about this issue until now.   There were many cases of people that had problems with payouts and they were fixed by something setup wrong.   It could have be the LTC address, or you set the wrong combo box as there used to be one for the affiliate sales or something else ...   I didn't even see a post from you about LTC gear until 12/21 and then it was supportive.

Anyway you are getting all bent out of shape and you don't even know what the facts will be.   One thing is that Chris was well known for treating customers well and if LTCgear comes back I don't expect that to change.   So you should cool your jets until there is some factual information.    Wink 
knightlife999

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:12:04 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 09:24:10 AM by knightlife999

I'm not a noob here dyask and I'm clearly not a troll. Chris did not reply to multiple emails throughout December. My LTC address worked just fine. In addition, my friend had the same issue. I'm a pc tech, forex trader, and have been in crypto for over 2 years. I've been mining since 2012 and have written books on gpu optimization for mining scrypt. I know how to set up a cloud mining account and I rent mining rigs regularly. Just because I chose not to post about my issue doesn't mean it didn't take place. I have been part of multiple crypto projects and I don't like to cause issues unless something really looks wrong. I have given Chris the benefit of the doubt and I hope he comes through with his obligations. I'm just concerned by some of the things he is doing now. Chris has been giving us "the facts" and they don't sound good. I have valid reasons to be irritated. I think his focus should be on reassuring customers and getting everyone paid up to date asap. His mention of fees is obscene when he is so far behind in payments. This debacle happened because he did not secure his site properly. His fault, not ours. I'm not saying he is scamming us. No need to attack me.

We are all getting tired of being given the short end of the stick with so many investments. Asic miners, scypt miners, coins, cloud mining, exchanges. It just gets a bit much. You know what I mean?  

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:28:41 AM

I'm not a noob here dyask and I'm clearly not a troll. Chris did not reply to multiple emails throughout December. My LTC address worked just fine. In addition, my friend had the same issue. I'm a pc tech, forex trader, and have been in crypto for over 2 years. I've been mining since 2012 and have written books on gpu optimization for mining scrypt. I know how to set up a cloud mining account and I rent mining rigs regularly. Just because I chose not to post about my issue doesn't mean it didn't take place. I have been part of multiple crypto projects and I don't like to cause issues unless something really looks wrong. I have given Chris the benefit of the doubt and I hope he comes through with his obligations. I'm just concerned by some of the things he is doing now. Chris has been giving us "the facts" and they don't sound good. I have valid reasons to be irritated. I think his focus should be on reassuring customers and getting everyone paid up to date asap. His mention of fees is obscene when he is so far behind in payments. This debacle happened because he did not secure his site properly. His fault, not ours. I'm not saying he is scamming us. No need to attack me.

We are all getting tired of being given the short end of the stick with so many investments. Asic miners, scypt miners, coins, cloud mining, exchanges. It just gets a bit much. You know what I mean?  

+1 Big time.

I fully agree. We are tired of this shit he s been selling us. Either fix it or go away. These delays have crossed every single border of tolerance.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:45:49 AM

I'm going to mail him some glitter

http://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/

Cheesy
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:39:26 AM

I didn't say you were a noob.   However throwing out such a strange story so late in the game doesn't inspire any kind of confidence.  You and your friend are the only people I heard of that were paid shares for some unknown reason when you requested coins.  Additionally, you were raising a ruckus over something we don't even have the details on.   You have to understand that in this situation with LTCgear, your story would be extremely suspect too many longtime LTCgear customers and that your ruckus over a probably reasonable fee to come is even more suspect.   For all I know you are one of the users that was creating fake shares, or maybe something else about your account was suspect.    I'm not claiming that you are one of those, however your story sounds like that.  

I hope that you are an honest customer and that LTCgear comes back and we are all happy.   I don't like the waiting anymore than anyone else.   Sad
knightlife999

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:52:41 AM

I'm a long time member of this forum and I have a good reputation. I could see you suggesting that if my account had 3 posts and was created a few days ago. I've been an active member of the community for 2 years. Trying to discredit a member with a long history is ridiculous. My concerns are reasonable. People who just bought their shares in December should not have to pay a fee. Chris said the purchase covers one year of hosting. The majority of us have only owned shares for a couple of months at best. He has not paid us for weeks and now he is talking about charging us more money. I'm concerned. If that sounds crazy to you, you might be a shill. Regardless, I'm done talking with you. I wasn't pushing for an argument. Just wanted to share what I've experienced and opinions on his announcement now that things are looking fishy.  

It will be great if Chris pays us what we are owed. I would very much like for his operation to be legitimate and successful. If he wants to charge me a pro-rated fee for 1 month of 2014, I'll pay it. Otherwise, we've got some issues to discuss.

Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:59:19 AM

I'm a long time member of this forum and I have a good reputation. I could see you suggesting that if my account had 3 posts and was created a few days ago. I've been an active member of the community for 2 years. Trying to discredit a member with a long history is ridiculous. My concerns are reasonable. People who just bought their shares in December should not have to pay a fee. Chris said the purchase covers one year of hosting. The majority of us have only owned shares for a couple of months at best. He has not paid us for weeks and now he is talking about charging us more money. I'm concerned. If that sounds crazy to you, you might be a shill. Regardless, I'm done talking with you.

It will be great if Chris pays us what we are owed. I would very much like for his operation to be legitimate and successful. If he wants to charge me a pro-rated fee for 1 month of 2014, I'll pay it. Otherwise, we've got some issues to discuss.

The simple fact is no one said you have to pay a fee right now. We haven't seen anything actually. So until then it's pointless to debate on what is basically a speculation Wink
knightlife999

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:00:37 AM

Fair enough. We'll see what happens.  Smiley

crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:07:17 AM

I'm a long time member of this forum and I have a good reputation. I could see you suggesting that if my account had 3 posts and was created a few days ago. I've been an active member of the community for 2 years. Trying to discredit a member with a long history is ridiculous. My concerns are reasonable. People who just bought their shares in December should not have to pay a fee. Chris said the purchase covers one year of hosting. The majority of us have only owned shares for a couple of months at best. He has not paid us for weeks and now he is talking about charging us more money. I'm concerned. If that sounds crazy to you, you might be a shill. Regardless, I'm done talking with you. I wasn't pushing for an argument. Just wanted to share what I've experienced and opinions on his announcement now that things are looking fishy.  

Dude, u have missed 1 thing. You have nobody to discuss these issues with.

You email him, he wont reply. You ask a question here, he wont reply. What can you do about it? Nothing.

knightlife999

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:20:32 AM

Well.....I do have you guys to discuss these issues with.  Cheesy

crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:30:33 AM

Well.....I do have you guys to discuss these issues with.  Cheesy

True but we cant resolve yours (our) problems.
So you see my point. It s more productive to play Pacman then wasting time and energy discussion specific ltcgear issues here or anywhere else.
If he s gonna come back, it s gonna be according to his terms. You don't like it, I don't like it, tough luck.

Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 276 »
  Print  

Jump to: