Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:05:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736731 times)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 05:23:45 PM

@James

Put aside the real world adoption issue which - as you pointed out correctly - not a Supernet specific issue and all other rants with regards to your project, would you explain the readers of this thread what makes you think that the Chrome Apps is a proper platform for crypto projects? Is it really the preferred direction to lock crypto projects into the environment of an enterprise such as Google, which is getting farther and farther from the original "we are not evil" sentiment?
I still remember the 1996 times when Microsoft rolled out ActiveX controls, which is conceptually not much different than the Chrome Apps. Many developers were excited and started developing/integrating ActiveX controls. However, the offering of ActiveX controls was contributed a lot to the troubles of Microsoft, the propaganda against the IE hegemony, it pretty much made the case for Java and the anti-Microsoft sentiment for the next 15 years. I understand the scrutiny about Chrome Apps isn't at the level of ActiveX (yet), but isn't a risk to lock crypto into such company specific platform? Google demonstrated its willingness to cooperate with governments, even they having no issue to cooperate with the corrupt communist Chinese government, do you really think it is a good idea progressing crypto with Chrome Apps?
Yes, the installation process is greatly simplified with Chrome Apps, but apart from the above issues there are always large number of users who prefer not to use Google products, the loyal Microsoft and Apple fanboys  just to mention two of those user groups. I think you alienate a large percentage of the users with the selection of the platform. Did you think through that Chrome Apps direction?
yes, i did think it through.

http://www.chromium.org/ it is open source. if google goes too evil, we can make a fork of the browser. Now comparing google's open source to MSFT and Apple, which are by and large closed source, this is no comparison at all.

The chrome app works in windows and Mac and ultimately if it works, then users will be able to try it out.

you complained about no adoption, I have solved the adoption issue. So now you complain that google are evil communists. Ignoring the politics, it is about the software. chrome apps was the best tech to achieve mass adoption and whatever cooperating google does with govts, well what exactly will they do about an open source project?

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:49:28 PM

you complained about no adoption, I have solved the adoption issue.

Firstly James, don't get so butthurted all my points were in fact not a complaining, but factually correct assessment of the situation, and no, you didn't solve the adoption issue as no real world users use your platform, while your USP was last year that you have the recipe for that mass adoption issue. All rational persons knew that you won't be able to get mass adoption for Supernet as even Bitcoin struggles with mass adoption in big time. Despite 6 years of development, media hype and many hundred millions $ VC investments BTC has only 100k active users. What I am saying is, it was an irresponsible act to collect money for something that's never going to happen.

Moving to the technical issue

http://www.chromium.org/ it is open source. if google goes too evil, we can make a fork of the browser. Now comparing google's open source to MSFT and Apple, which are by and large closed source, this is no comparison at all.

I think you are absolutely correct, and I have to admit you are right, the fact that Chromium is open source makes the comparison to MSFT and AAPL meaningless. It's a very good point indeed and I am glad that I posted that question! And yes, you are right, governments can't do a lot if all modules (including the Chromium) of the project remain open sourced.
I still believe Google alienates many users of the MS and Apple fanboy base, but if you are comfortable with that and you don't see that as an issue then it's up to you.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 06:25:29 PM

you complained about no adoption, I have solved the adoption issue.

Firstly James, don't get so butthurted all my points were in fact not a complaining, but factually correct assessment of the situation, and no, you didn't solve the adoption issue as no real world users use your platform, while your USP was last year that you have the recipe for that mass adoption issue. All rational persons knew that you won't be able to get mass adoption for Supernet as even Bitcoin struggles with mass adoption in big time. Despite 6 years of development, media hype and many hundred millions $ VC investments BTC has only 100k active users. What I am saying is, it was an irresponsible act to collect money for something that's never going to happen.

Moving to the technical issue

I think you are absolutely correct, and I have to admit you are right, the fact that Chromium is open source makes the comparison to MSFT and AAPL meaningless. It's a very good point indeed and I am glad that I posted that question! And yes, you are right, governments can't do a lot if all modules (including the Chromium) of the project remain open sourced.
I still believe Google alienates many users of the MS and Apple fanboy base, but if you are comfortable with that and you don't see that as an issue then it's up to you.

As long as the current version is open sourced then we can make a solution that is independent of google, but of course we wont be able to keep up with the development. Still the chrome app is based on emscriptem, which was independently developed. google "just" made a unix OS around it along with getting ~90% adoption and a bunch of javascript magic to make it all work. I am very grateful for them to allow my C code to run as JS/html

Maybe I was unclear by saying the user adoption issue is solved. I didnt mean that we have millions of users now! What I meant to say was that it is now possible to obtain millions of users, while before the chrome app it was not possible. We just need a slew of popular apps, say like games.

Now the vast majority of funds are still in the SuperNET accounts, though the bear market has whittled down the fiat value. The burn rate for SuperNET is on the low side and we can last for years on the funds raised. We are developing what we said we would, yes delays on release due to the increasing scope of the project. Since most large software projects are delayed, again this seems not anything specific to SuperNET. And we are doing tech that has never been done before so any strict timeline has never been issued

As to your claim that we will never get mass adoption. All I can say is that never is a very long time, and you are premature in concluding that SuperNET wont achieve scale.

James

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:10:23 PM

If I could butt in here gentlemen,

NeoDice is live now. Come give it a try!

http://neodice.com/
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:17:32 AM

Please Help!

I bought ~190 SuperNET token one year ago.  As I didn't have time to trace the progress  during this year.
I didn't know what to do now. I just found there are SuperNET (UNITY) come out now.
But I still own the token. How can I convert token to UNITY. Or my token are useless?!

Please help.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:37:08 AM

Please Help!

I bought ~190 SuperNET token one year ago.  As I didn't have time to trace the progress  during this year.
I didn't know what to do now. I just found there are SuperNET (UNITY) come out now.
But I still own the token. How can I convert token to UNITY. Or my token are useless?!

Please help.

Supernet is the same thing as unity... No worries.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 10:38:19 AM

No, they are not useless. Unity tokens are still valid. There was a timeframe to convert them. i would go the Supernet Slack and ask to convert your Unity tokens to Supernet Asset tokens.

Please Help!

I bought ~190 SuperNET token one year ago.  As I didn't have time to trace the progress  during this year.

Please help.

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 10:51:13 AM

yeah, ask James..he knows how to convert them
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:21:55 AM

Please Help!

I bought ~190 SuperNET token one year ago.  As I didn't have time to trace the progress  during this year.

Please help.

You know that SuperNET tokens bought on the NXT platform can be sent and traded, on UNITY on Poloniex, right (as per thread title)?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 02:11:13 PM

Please Help!

Please help.

No worries. From OP

If you still have TOKEN you must redeem to get dividends
If you have TOKEN on NXT AE, send it to: NXT-7Y5B-J8LQ-SL5P-3ULFL (alias: RedeemTOKEN)
It will be converted to SuperNET and sent back to your account. This is done via a manual process run by valarmg

Since it is rare thing nowadays, make sure to PM me the txid of your transfer to NXT-7Y5B-J8LQ-SL5P-3ULFL and if possible attach a message of what address you want it transferred to

3rdStryker

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:32:36 PM

BTCOR ONLINE MAGAZINE NOVEMBER EDITION

What's inside?
- What is Bitcoin?
- What is NXT? (For for time readers)
- NXT News
- BTCOR News
- Damon wrote another awesome article called “Tough times for Decentralised Blockchain Tech has a Silver Lining”
- Sigwonet Interview with Sigwo
- The Viral Exchange Interview with killakem
- The very first TranspoTime21Bus Chapter !!
- Top 5 SuperNet Slack Chats

Hope you enjoy

GoldenEye

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:27:10 PM

GoldenEye

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:42:12 PM

The SuperNET lite client (V2.0.6) is no longer running (for me)
Advanced mode:
- Asset balance 0 (should contain 5 assets)
- Trade history contains only undefined assets:

Basic mode:
- wrong BTC balance shown: 605 superBTC (indeed less than 1 BTC Sad )  

edit: The new NXT client V1.6.2 is running fine.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:50:12 PM

forum.supernet.org

GoldenEye

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:52:10 PM

Thanks, please update the OP
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:46:07 AM

Please Help!

Please help.

You know that SuperNET tokens bought on the NXT platform can be sent and traded, on UNITY on Poloniex, right (as per thread title)?
yeah, ask James..he knows how to convert them
No, they are not useless. Unity tokens are still valid. There was a timeframe to convert them. i would go the Supernet Slack and ask to convert your Unity tokens to Supernet Asset tokens.

Please Help!

Please help.

Please Help!

Please help.

Supernet is the same thing as unity... No worries.

Thank you all guys.

I tried to cancel the order on the NXT AE. The tx has obtained >1440 confirmations but I didn't get the token in my asset yet.
Where are the withdrawn tokens?
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 06:32:18 PM

Maybe I was unclear by saying the user adoption issue is solved. I didnt mean that we have millions of users now! What I meant to say was that it is now possible to obtain millions of users, while before the chrome app it was not possible. We just need a slew of popular apps, say like games.

Now the vast majority of funds are still in the SuperNET accounts, though the bear market has whittled down the fiat value. The burn rate for SuperNET is on the low side and we can last for years on the funds raised. We are developing what we said we would, yes delays on release due to the increasing scope of the project. Since most large software projects are delayed, again this seems not anything specific to SuperNET. And we are doing tech that has never been done before so any strict timeline has never been issued

As to your claim that we will never get mass adoption. All I can say is that never is a very long time, and you are premature in concluding that SuperNET wont achieve scale.

James

Now you're talking my language! Grated that I'm only low-level amateurish when it comes to tech, but I have a fair bit of experience watching the mining-exploration industry.

The most valuable tip I ever got in re exploration stocks was from my dad. He said, focus on the exploration stocks that are getting close to developing and opening a mine. Because exploration is all speculation from the $$$ point of view, there's a lot of excitement and disappointment there. Now to mention an exploitable pattern, which my dad taught me about.

There are exploration stocks that skyrocket on exciting drilled-rock-sample results. That's the time when you should sell (if you have any of the stock) because that excitement always accompanies impatience. The kind of impatience that inevitably precedes disappointment, bitterness, and a mass jump onto the next exciting train.

Funnily enough, the exploration companies that are in it for the distance - who have an economically-worthy project that they keep developing into a real, paying mine - tend to sell for much lower than they were when most everyone was excited at their great drilling results. That's because they become boring. There's no "story," no excitement to get punters ginned up....just slow, laborious, boring progress towards that goal. Boredom, boredom boredom...until the company gets to the point of a "bankable feasibility study" that says their project is economically viable. At that point, the only major hurdle - except for the time-consuming environmental-assessment and permitting process - is getting ahold of enough capital to bring the mine into production. Once that final (difficult) hurdle is achieved, the formerly high-risk company becomes low-risk.

Through this model - and through buying the stock only when the bloom of excitement is off the still-growing rose - I've made some money on the penny-stock market. Himself, my dad has made a lot of money. All from knowing how to "play the excitement cycle." As a bonus, doing it this way means automatically screening out the large majority of exploration companies whose projects never get beyond the drill-sampling phase.

Now I know that I'm using an analogy, one that's questionable in several places, but the analogy is a good match for the excitement-to-disappointment cycle that prevails in both exploration and cryptocurrency: in truth, for any asset market where a large majority of projects have only speculative value. Both are permeated by the same excitement and boom-town glamour - and both are also permeated by disappointment, rancour and bitterness.

So please keep up doing the boring but necessary development work! This non-techie is quietly rooting for ya.  Smiley   

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:22:42 AM

James

Now you're talking my language! Grated that I'm only low-level amateurish when it comes to tech, but I have a fair bit of experience watching the mining-exploration industry.

The most valuable tip I ever got in re exploration stocks was from my dad. He said, focus on the exploration stocks that are getting close to developing and opening a mine. Because exploration is all speculation from the $$$ point of view, there's a lot of excitement and disappointment there. Now to mention an exploitable pattern, which my dad taught me about.

There are exploration stocks that skyrocket on exciting drilled-rock-sample results. That's the time when you should sell (if you have any of the stock) because that excitement always accompanies impatience. The kind of impatience that inevitably precedes disappointment, bitterness, and a mass jump onto the next exciting train.

Funnily enough, the exploration companies that are in it for the distance - who have an economically-worthy project that they keep developing into a real, paying mine - tend to sell for much lower than they were when most everyone was excited at their great drilling results. That's because they become boring. There's no "story," no excitement to get punters ginned up....just slow, laborious, boring progress towards that goal. Boredom, boredom boredom...until the company gets to the point of a "bankable feasibility study" that says their project is economically viable. At that point, the only major hurdle - except for the time-consuming environmental-assessment and permitting process - is getting ahold of enough capital to bring the mine into production. Once that final (difficult) hurdle is achieved, the formerly high-risk company becomes low-risk.

Through this model - and through buying the stock only when the bloom of excitement is off the still-growing rose - I've made some money on the penny-stock market. Himself, my dad has made a lot of money. All from knowing how to "play the excitement cycle." As a bonus, doing it this way means automatically screening out the large majority of exploration companies whose projects never get beyond the drill-sampling phase.

Now I know that I'm using an analogy, one that's questionable in several places, but the analogy is a good match for the excitement-to-disappointment cycle that prevails in both exploration and cryptocurrency: in truth, for any asset market where a large majority of projects have only speculative value. Both are permeated by the same excitement and boom-town glamour - and both are also permeated by disappointment, rancour and bitterness.

So please keep up doing the boring but necessary development work! This non-techie is quietly rooting for ya.  Smiley    

Good analogy. Supernet has very good funding model too, so i think it can survive bear market and thrive in bull,

Lack of hype is a definite plus
flowerpots

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:23:41 AM

I have a problem with the latest Supernet Lite wallet. I can't find my assets, it only shows my NXT balance. Anyone any idea?

Acura3600
Legendary

Activity: 2963
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:26:58 PM

I have a problem with the latest Supernet Lite wallet. I can't find my assets, it only shows my NXT balance. Anyone any idea?

Disable the ADBlocker ?
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: