Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:25:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736731 times)
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:46:38 AM

Three cheers for anonymint!!

Let's contrast Dash and Evan with jl777. James is always working and coding trying to complete projects for the SuperNet. He is working now on making the SuperNet more accessible to users via browser GUIs. Do you see him prostituting himself in grand promotions of garbage? No. He is humble. I've grown to respect him more over time. Even I need to emulate him more, because he doesn't waste a lot of time in forum discussions. I can't vouch for the quality of his code or designs yet (and frankly his earlier white papers were so discombobulated that I thought he was not capable, but I have since learned his a very capable C coder) because I don't have yet sufficient exposure to detailed interoption with his code. But afaik at least he doesn't seem to be lying about what he is capable of doing and is doing. Evan presents a very amiable image up front, and he appears to be very crafty with his obfuscations such as the math lies in the InstantX white paper. An honest mistake? Just like the premine? And the change in the money supply ex post facto? So many honest mistakes?
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:37:00 PM

Any reason why my (luckily small) investment in Supernet&InstantDex is worth basicly a poo right now ? I didn't followed the development last time , but it pissed me off a bit ...
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:36:27 PM

The release dates have been postponed several times. i guess, most investors were pissed off, too, and got rid off their stakes.
i still hold my stack, even when i make some losses, too :/

Any reason why my (luckily small) investment in Supernet&InstantDex is worth basicly a poo right now ? I didn't followed the development last time , but it pissed me off a bit ...
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 03:34:30 PM

The release dates have been postponed several times. i guess, most investors were pissed off, too, and got rid off their stakes.

I'm holding mine, too. Call me a bagholder if you like, but the funny thing about bagholding is that it magically turns into a "successful long-term investment" if the project pays off. Wink

And that's the rub, really. To continue with my usual reasoning-by-analogy-to-mining-exploration pidgin, a veteran and highly-successful player in the field [at the ventcap level] more-or-less said that you don't have what it takes to win in the game if you can't tolerate high mark-to-market losses along the way. He explicitly said, you have to put up with a ~50% "paper loss" along the way: he implied that part of risk tolerance is volatility tolerance. I.e., you have to sink money in that you can afford to see vanish. That's the appropriate standard because locking your funds into a long-term speculation means those funds will 'vanish' in the sense that it would be a bad idea to sell until the ship comes in. Until then, they're 'gone' in the sense that you can't (shouldn't) liquidate.

Another rub: Breaking my analogy somewhat, the big hurdle that a crypto project has to face is not technical development - although it's a formidable one! But the biggest hurdle is generating revenue, which is different from building a great and innovative tech. Without the revenue coming in from real customers, building the tech is like writing a stellar book of poetry that has every poetry expert gawping at it but almost no-one buying it. That's the real risk herein, and it's a worry for the future. But not now.

And even then, the tech's still built: all it would require is capable marketing of the services.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:56:15 PM

Has James (or jl777) abandoned this project? Where are those deadlines?

Embarrassed
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:20:12 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 05:39:43 PM by tyz

No, the project is still alive and development is going on. There are no exact release dates. To get more information, you should join the Slack channel of Supernet. Most communication is going on there.

http://www.supernet.org/blog/slackinvite/

Embarrassed
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:41:24 PM

Embarrassed

one of the things james did quite right was that he never ever gave any deadlines.

another important thing to note is that he from day one insisted that he could not do GUI, and that he could do project management and integration only to a very limited extent.

what james does is producing brillant core tech, but integrating that into a usable shape is a different cup of tea entirely, that needs a complete different organization.

this has proven quite difficult, and there is another go at it right now with a very experienced group of devs whose stroing point is exactly that integration thing.

there are regular and detailed progress reports on slack, just come over and join!
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:45:27 PM

I'm holding mine, too. Call me a bagholder if you like, but the funny thing about bagholding is that it magically turns into a "successful long-term investment" if the project pays off. Wink

And that's the rub, really. To continue with my usual reasoning-by-analogy-to-mining-exploration pidgin, a veteran and highly-successful player in the field [at the ventcap level] more-or-less said that you don't have what it takes to win in the game if you can't tolerate high mark-to-market losses along the way. He explicitly said, you have to put up with a ~50% "paper loss" along the way: he implied that part of risk tolerance is volatility tolerance. I.e., you have to sink money in that you can afford to see vanish. That's the appropriate standard because locking your funds into a long-term speculation means those funds will 'vanish' in the sense that it would be a bad idea to sell until the ship comes in. Until then, they're 'gone' in the sense that you can't (shouldn't) liquidate.

Another rub: Breaking my analogy somewhat, the big hurdle that a crypto project has to face is not technical development - although it's a formidable one! But the biggest hurdle is generating revenue, which is different from building a great and innovative tech. Without the revenue coming in from real customers, building the tech is like writing a stellar book of poetry that has every poetry expert gawping at it but almost no-one buying it. That's the real risk herein, and it's a worry for the future. But not now.

And even then, the tech's still built: all it would require is capable marketing of the services.

Exactly! You can expect a precisely timed ROI when you open up a Burger franchise at a shopping mall, but not with a Ninja development for a cutting edge crypto currency middleware!

whoever expects that is not in the right venue and should not have joined in the first place
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:43:19 PM

Yeap, every investment in cryptocurrency and projects around cryptocurrencies is actually risk capital. So, you need to calculate to lose your investments.

Exactly! You can expect a precisely timed ROI when you open up a Burger franchise at a shopping mall, but not with a Ninja development for a cutting edge crypto currency middleware!

whoever expects that is not in the right venue and should not have joined in the first place
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 06:39:12 PM

Yeap, every investment in cryptocurrency and projects around cryptocurrencies is actually risk capital. So, you need to calculate to lose your investments.

And the best rule really is, "don't invest what you can't afford to see gone bye-bye." Even if your speculations pays off, you still have to treat the funds you plowed in as "gone bye-bye" for as long as it takes until the payoff kicks in. In this sense, it's useful to treat a speculative investment as if you had outright spent the money.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:51:33 AM

Can someone explain what crypto middleware (iguana) does in layman's terms?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 02:47:29 AM

enables one click install chrome app to do fully decentralized crypto, without needing to install or run anything else

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:04:44 AM

enables one click install chrome app to do fully decentralized crypto, without needing to install or run anything else

James

Thanks James! So Iguana will enable wallet access to multiple crypto coins without any blockchain downloads, or just without multiple wallet installs, or both (no wallets, no blockchains)?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 03:51:45 AM

James

Thanks James! So Iguana will enable wallet access to multiple crypto coins without any blockchain downloads, or just without multiple wallet installs, or both (no wallets, no blockchains)?
iguana talks to multiple coin networks at the same time, directly. BTCD and BTC are built in, but I have abstracted all the differences for the bitcoin compatibles, so additional ones can be added dynamically.

iguana creates native ramchains and I will add ledgerchains on top of it so using less space than the full blockchain, a block explorer level dataset will be available locally

i will also add wallet functions, along with all the supernet services into iguana. Running in native mode, I am seeing pretty good BTC sync times, but I am still debugging the native ramchains, so not sure what the final speed will be.

Also, as a chrome app, things are much slower due to the networking being a lot slower so I wouldnt recommend loading the full BTC blockchain into the chrome app, though most other coins will fit. there is a 10GB limit on chrome storage now, so that is a limiting factor as the BTC blockchain is estimated to take around 20GB

the same codebase compiles into a native unix or osx version though, so for native mode iguana will be the fastest to sync BTC chain to a working wallet. Once I get the basic iguana working, then I will add a lite mode version so the full BTC chain isnt needed locally

since iguana works as a chrome app, all the GUI is locally running HTML talking direct to the embedded JS bytecodes. I still need to add more things like script parsing and external RPC, but I just got the hardest part mostly working.

In my tests using native 64bit versions using parallel mode, on my laptop with 20mbps connection, I am getting a full sync in ~6hrs. With dedicated server VPS (32GB RAM, normal HDD, 500mbit/sec) it is syncing in a bit less than 30 minutes.

Latest tests show it never uses more than a few GB of RAM during the processing and I think I have a way to make an "instant-on" data structure, but not sure yet how fast a restart will be.

iguana codebase is currently ~10,000 lines of C code and its only external dependency is openssl and curl so the build process is: gcc -o iguana *.c -lssl -lcrypto -lpthread -lcurl -lm

for now native mode is only for benchmarking and debugging and you need to pass in a command line JSON to get it syncing.

With direct access to the various bitcoin compatibles from the same context, it will be possible to do some pretty cool things. but first I need to get the basics completed and released, so that is what I am doing.

Repo: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/iguana_dev
Task Boards: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/iguana_dev/issues & https://phabricator.supernet.org/tag/iguana/
We currently use Github AND Phabricator for task management.
Wiki: https://phabricator.supernet.org/w/iguana/
API: http://pad.supernet.org/api
Guide for new devs: http://pad.supernet.org/iguana_new_frontend_dev_guide
Iguana Dev Team and their Roles: http://pad.supernet.org/iguana_dev_team

Iguana TABS (like pages, includes details on content of tabs): http://pad.supernet.org/iguana_tabs

Some general info:
http://coremedia.info/index.php/bitcoin-2-0/item/187-project-iguana-to-birth-a-supernet-chrome-app-increase-accessibility-of-its-technology

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 10:37:23 AM

BTC.0  N[195] d.182 p.195 g.195 A.13 h.389808 i.389808 r.389745 E.182:392845 M.362441 long.389807 est.8 13.41GB time 11.58 files.6692 Q.0 1

maxll
Legendary

Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:06:46 PM

How can i change some TOKENs for supernet assets? Is it possible now?
shmoula

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 10:36:58 AM

Once upon a time . . . there was shmoula, the developer. He liked to start new projects. Every few weeks he started another one. After some time he had zillions of unfinished projects and nothing done. Also he burned all the money he had, so he took amazing contract and all those projects are dead now. End of story, my story Smiley.

Just by the way - now I know I need to have full focus on one thing and do it properly, otherwise it won't work.

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 12:11:48 AM

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Okay, okay, "belated" for some of ya'll's time zone...it's been a long day. Smiley

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 08:32:24 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2015, 03:55:48 PM by yassin54

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Okay, okay, "belated" for some of ya'll's time zone...it's been a long day. Smiley

thanks and Happy holidays to you too!!   Wink
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:05:33 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR SuperNET!!!!!

And Thank you so Much JL777 for your Hard Work

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: