Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:17:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 01:43:53 AM

Nxt & SuperNET:
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-and-supernet-api-testers-and-bounties/

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
?chooseusername

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:40:54 AM

Will you post the link in the same post? did you talk about having a site where you can see what the next SNN dividend will be?
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:29:14 PM

Call for action!
jl777, today:
i made the nxtae exchange support in iguana. total people that tested it after a day: 0

jl777
Responsive API testers are what is needed the most
people dont realize that testing takes a lot of time and effort and right now guess who is having to do all that testing?
and the testing doesnt require coding, just common sense
if you can fill out a form from the API page, you can test the API

it is a web form

all the fields are there, fill them out, click the button
then the hard part is to interpret the results...
but no coding, all via web page form

http://slackinvite.supernet.org/

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:33:00 PM

Any time schedule about when VPNCoin will be storable on SuperNET wallet? I am waiting for it since a couple of months.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 10:52:07 PM

Any time schedule about when VPNCoin will be storable on SuperNET wallet? I am waiting for it since a couple of months.
VPN coin has made significant changes to the bitcoin core and so iguana wasnt directly compatible with it. However, once LTC support is added, I believe I have identified all the VPN specific issues that cause incompatibility. So the plan is to support VPNcoin via iguana.

Currently I am debugging Tier Nolan's ACCT (Atomic cross chain trades) as "bitcoin" is a virtual exchange that is one of the supported InstantDEX exchanges

James

There is an API test page on http://127.0.0.1:7778 after you install iguana (native or chrome pexe). The following is the list of current API:

SuperNET bitcoinrpc
SuperNET myipaddr
SuperNET setmyipaddr
InstantDEX BTCoffer
InstantDEX minaccept
InstantDEX maxaccept
InstantDEX ALToffer
InstantDEX NXToffer
ramchain verifytx
ramchain getblockhash
ramchain getblock
ramchain getrawtransaction
ramchain gettransaction
ramchain decoderawtransaction
SuperNET login
SuperNET logout
SuperNET activehandle
SuperNET encryptjson
SuperNET decryptjson
InstantDEX orderbook
InstantDEX buy
InstantDEX sell
InstantDEX withdraw
InstantDEX apikeypair
InstantDEX setuserid
InstantDEX supports
InstantDEX balance
InstantDEX orderstatus
InstantDEX cancelorder
InstantDEX openorders
InstantDEX tradehistory
InstantDEX pollgap
InstantDEX allexchanges
InstantDEX allpairs
tradebot monitor
tradebot monitorall
tradebot unmonitor
tradebot accumulate
tradebot divest
tradebot activebots
tradebot status
tradebot pause
tradebot stop
tradebot resume
pangea call
pangea raise
pangea bet
pangea check
pangea fold
pangea allin
pangea status
pangea mode
pangea history
pangea handhistory
pangea host
pangea lobby
pangea join
pangea buyin
pangea start
SuperNET help
SuperNET utime2utc
SuperNET utc2utime
SuperNET html
SuperNET DHT
SuperNET rosetta
SuperNET keypair
SuperNET priv2pub
SuperNET wif2priv
SuperNET cipher
SuperNET decipher
SuperNET broadcastcipher
SuperNET broadcastdecipher
SuperNET multicastcipher
SuperNET multicastdecipher
SuperNET subscribe
SuperNET gethexmsg
SuperNET posthexmsg
SuperNET announce
SuperNET survey
SuperNET categoryhashes
mouse image
mouse change
mouse click
mouse close
mouse leave
keyboard key
SuperNET getpeers
SuperNET mypeers
SuperNET stop
SuperNET saveconf
SuperNET layer
iguana peers
iguana maxpeers
iguana getconnectioncount
iguana addcoin
iguana startcoin
iguana pausecoin
iguana addnode
iguana persistent
iguana removenode
iguana oneshot
iguana nodestatus
ramchain getinfo
ramchain getbestblockhash
ramchain getblockcount
ramchain listaddressgroupings
ramchain walletlock
ramchain checkwallet
ramchain repairwallet
ramchain makekeypair
ramchain gettxoutsetinfo
ramchain listlockunspent
ramchain getrawchangeaddress
ramchain listaccounts
ramchain listreceivedbyaddress
ramchain listunspent
ramchain dumpwallet
ramchain backupwallet
ramchain encryptwallet
ramchain validatepubkey
ramchain getnewaddress
ramchain vanitygen
ramchain getaddressesbyaccount
ramchain getaccount
ramchain getaccountaddress
ramchain dumpprivkey
ramchain importwallet
ramchain decodescript
ramchain setaccount
ramchain walletpassphrasechange
ramchain signmessage
ramchain verifymessage
ramchain listreceivedbyaccount
ramchain getbalance
ramchain importprivkey
ramchain getreceivedbyaccount
ramchain walletpassphrase
ramchain getreceivedbyaddress
ramchain sendrawtransaction
ramchain listsinceblock
ramchain listtransactions
ramchain gettxout
ramchain settxfee
ramchain lockunspent
ramchain createmultisig
ramchain createrawtransaction
ramchain signrawtransaction
ramchain move
ramchain sendfrom
ramchain sendmany
ramchain sendtoaddress
hash hex
hash unhex
hash curve25519_pair
hash NXT
hash curve25519
hash crc32
hash base64_encode
hash base64_decode
hash rmd160_sha256
hash sha256_sha256
hash sha224
hash sha256
hash sha384
hash sha512
hash rmd128
hash rmd160
hash rmd256
hash rmd320
hash sha1
hash md2
hash md4
hash md5
hash tiger192_3
hash whirlpool
hmac sha224
hmac sha256
hmac sha384
hmac sha512
hmac rmd128
hmac rmd160
hmac rmd256
hmac rmd320
hmac sha1
hmac md2
hmac md4
hmac md5
hmac tiger192_3
hmac whirlpool

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 01:53:06 AM

For those not following NXT, I have been divorced from NXT.

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-discussion/nxt-2-0-design/msg210601/#msg210601

The above is my last post in the NXT forum, unless the fNXT plan is revoked. fNXT is not NXT and NXT lifetime is limited, so we will need to migrate the NXT assets to a different blockchain.

Now before you panic, I like to make lemonade out of lemons, so like BC2 led to iguana, fNXT has led to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1372879

A passport system for assets that allows the asset holder to decide the blockchain they want to reside in. While the PoS mechanism is fully protecting the NXT holders as designed, it allows the creation of a hardfork that ignores other parts of the ecosystem, like assets.

This is a problem for any derivative. The core PoS or PoW or PoAnything will only protect the interests of the stakeholders, miners or whatever, that the block consensus algorithm uses. As such the hardfork attack vector is a very real and actual in the case of fNXT hardfork.

So while the PoS ensures that the NXT holders (including SuperNET) will vote for the fNXT hardfork out of their fiduciary duty to maximize revenues, there are no protections for asset holders or issuers. In some sense the PoS worked too well, instead of not well enough and it needs to be weakened.

Does this mean decentralized assets are dead?
Not at all!

This attack vector directly led me to create a solution, namely blockchain independent assets that is blockchain enforced. It does require all participating blockchains to implement an asset passport protocol, but the ones that do will allow for free travel among them.

blockchains with iron curtains that dont allow anybody to come in, still wont be able to prevent assets from leaving as long as there is a burn mechanism. So far all blockchains I have seen have either a direct burn method, or one can be devised.

That means that any blockchain that doesnt support asset immigration, is subject to a oneway outflow to ones that do. This is basically the SuperNET concept applied to assets and iguana tech will build into BTCD the ability to trade against BTC using BTCD's one minute block times but to be able to coldstore idle assets in the BTC blockchain. Even if they are in cold storage, it just means that they cannot be traded and all the dividends they earn will still go to your account.

How does this protect assets from the hardfork attack?
Simple. If an upcoming hardfork threatens your interests, just move to a different blockchain.

Even if a blockchain just increases taxes (txfees) and you want a lower cost blockchain, you can move.

If a blockchain just is slow to create useful tech, you can move to one that does.

By distributing an asset across multiple decentralized (or even distributed) blockchains appears to be the best protection available to derived crypto. The alternative is a new blockchain for each asset using itself as its PoS with blocks generated only when there is a transaction. Private chains are coming, but this seems excessive use of the blockchain "hammer" from the toolkit. And it creates a massive N*N problem of cross chain transactions for all such assetchains.

With asset passports, you just reside your assets where you are most actively using the local blockchain and since trading against the native currency of the blockchain is most efficient (it better be!) you will be able to take advantage of this affinity. But if ever some storm clouds appear, you can simply move to a safer blockchain.

BTC is here to stay. Certainly as the reference currency, but even the tech development pace is starting to accelerate, so this is encouraging for all of crypto. iguana is achieving less than an hour BTC blockchain sync for full 60 GB blockchain, so the problem I used to think was so big a problem is not so big anymore. bitcoin 0.12 supports pruning, so HDD space is also going to be an issue not so important. Most importantly, I will be able to run a bitcoind node on my laptop!

So why not everything BTC? Well if you ever are waiting for a trade to go through, you know that waiting even a minute is a long time. Try waiting 10 minutes. Just not a good experience. So I will make a hybrid system combining the speed of BTCD 1 minute blocks with BTC for long term storage. Trading against BTC should really be a requirement, but not sure if all passport enable blockchains will be able to do this, so it would probably need to be a strong recommendation.

iguana unites all the bitcoin compatibles using technology. It is inching toward completion and we even have a freelancer based GUI dev team now, using fully open source development.

docs.supernet.org shows the API and in spite of the external events that keep happening to cause delays, we still march on. This is a marathon and we will complete it.

James

P.S. Before any NXT holder panics, do not worry, NXT peoples are doing everything they can, literally, to make sure NXT goes up, so it seems pretty likely that NXT price will do just fine. I just have some ideological and technical disagreements and since I have no actual power within NXT, I was forced to move.

habraken

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:51:55 AM

Please finish existing projects before starting a new one like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1372879.
The (f)NXT2.0 plans will take more than a year to be realized by the NXT devs anyway. No need to rush.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 09:47:51 AM

Please finish existing projects before starting a new one like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1372879.
The (f)NXT2.0 plans will take more than a year to be realized by the NXT devs anyway. No need to rush.
Of course.

However many investors were very nervous and I needed a roadmap to safety. And a multiblockchain standard is not about coding, but more about standards setting. Also it will necessarily be very slow.

My first responsibility is to all the people that invested in my projects. Which usually means I am coding, but sometimes it requires to solve a way to decentralize asset ownership across blockchains

James

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 07:23:42 AM

I am coding, but sometimes it requires to solve a way to decentralize asset ownership across blockchains

I think Factom and a dozen other start-ups/altcoins are working on decentralized asset ownership across blockchains.

Why not work with them instead of doing it solo?

Join the ETH/Rootstock ecosystem.  You can't do it all by yourself.  Not even with the power of Java Class Libraries!   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 08:07:33 AM

I am coding, but sometimes it requires to solve a way to decentralize asset ownership across blockchains

I think Factom and a dozen other start-ups/altcoins are working on decentralized asset ownership across blockchains.

Join the ETH/Rootstock ecosystem.  You can't do it all by yourself.  Not even with the power of Java Class Libraries!   Tongue
I have no plans to do it alone, it is a call for interop standard, as in interoperabilty

I wasnt aware Factom was working on this, thanks. I think that was actually useful. Who are you?

What is this about java class stuff? I am strictly C. And by "solve" i mean an acceptable way to deal with assets from the investor point of view, not about making new tech. If an off the shelf solution solves this, then certainly that is strongly considered.

James

P.S. 9GB chain after half a year... Not sure I can signup for using something  cant run on my laptop. pruning 0.12 bitcoind finally lets me run bitcoind on my laptop so I lean toward BTC oriented solution

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 01:10:51 PM

9GB chain after half a year??? WTF! That ain't good....certainly not on production level. Damn!
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:34:16 PM

No factom is a record keeping and registry system that has it's own blockchain and distributed nodes to store the data, while keeping/registering the hashes on the bitcoin blockchain. It isn't really about assets like Counterpary, Clearninghouse and NXT AE are.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:18:05 AM

No factom is a record keeping and registry system that has it's own blockchain and distributed nodes to store the data, while keeping/registering the hashes on the bitcoin blockchain. It isn't really about assets like Counterpary, Clearninghouse and NXT AE are.

Let us give icebreaker the benefit of doubt. He is making posts that are potentially useful, which by itself shows that the apocalypse is around the corner or was it 1000 years of peace and happiness?

The "working on" maybe means internal projects?

As to ether blockchain size, that has always been my prediction, if it succeeds it will become self-limiting and if it doesnt, then it didnt succeed.

By self-limiting,  mean the cost of using it will become so expensive that only the most high value applications will be able to run on it, like big money things. Contracts, titles and deeds, things like that. With the massive global supercomputer's CPU power equivalent to circa 2000 smartphone (that is ethereum's own estimate), I dont see how a lot of computation can be done.

The 20GB/yr pace is during the experimentation phase. Maybe it will get to be 100GB/yr or 1TB/yr? Nobody knows. And at that point, pruning is vital, but pruning means a whole order of magnitude more difficult security issues that need to be solved.

My view is that centralized decentralization is self-limiting.

We need to decentralize the decentralization.

Think of assets that run on just one blockchain. It is now relying on that blockchain, so even though the blockchain is decentralized, the assets have to trust that the blockchain wont harm them via the hardfork attack. Derived cryptos (things on top of native crypto) have no direct protection from the underlying PoW/PoS/PoWhatever, so there needs to be another means of protection of assets.

Mobility.

Blockchains evolve slowly, so as long as assets can be mobile, then it is safe from the hardfork attack. Now we just need an asset passport system to enable this mobility

James

boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:48:07 AM

A passport system for assets that allows the asset holder to decide the blockchain they want to reside in. While the PoS mechanism is fully protecting the NXT holders as designed, it allows the creation of a hardfork that ignores other parts of the ecosystem, like assets.

James, have you considered starting a 'relationship' with Qora after your divorce from NXT?

I think you would find the Qora dev team very easy to work with on something like your asset passports protocol.
satoutaka6612

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:01:00 AM

James, have you considered starting a 'relationship' with Qora after your divorce from NXT?

I think you would find the Qora dev team very easy to work with on something like your asset passports protocol.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1372879.0

Any current or future blockchain is invited to join.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:49:25 AM

Perhaps you should talk to John Connor of Vanillacoin. I think both of you are a dreamteam and his work is outstanding
3rdStryker

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 12:55:55 PM

CORE Magazine March Edition

- Cryptocurrency and P2P News with the Daily Decrypt
- NXT News
- COFINT - Interview with House
- Salus Coin Interview!
- Transpotime21Bus - Chapter 5
- Top 5 SuperNET Slack Chats
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 05:54:47 PM

Gavin Andreson : "There are lots of optimizations needed, and lots of ideas for best way to optimize.  I am very happy to see things like the 'iguana' project that is single-mindedly focusing on techniques to improve performance"

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:03:39 AM

What is Iguana?
https://bitco.in/forum/threads/iguana-parallel-sync-full-btc-blockchain-in-30-minutes-uses-half-the-space-but-starts-up-instant.911/

iguana is bitcoin core, client, RPC server and more.

The goal for iguana is to create a scalable bitcoin core implementation that is backward compatible and a drop in replacement

In addition to the bitcoin code, there is also an atomic swap DEX, decentralized poker and beginnings of private chains,

a oneclick install across all the OS is basically done. and a full bitcoin implementation that fits into 3MB, runs in browsers, has built in atomic cross chain swaps with a range of altcoins, decentralized poker, etc. SuperNET has several GUI projects that build on top of iguana, for the wallet (stripped down copay wallet) it will just use the bitcoin RPC, so the GUI will work with normal bitcoind.

iguana is still young, but already it proves that bitcoin can easily scale to max tx capacity without causing any issues for the typical nodes.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 09:13:18 AM

Sounds promising...hope James gets this from the ground. I am looking for a descent client, although Electrum seems to do it for me.
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: