Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:16:12 PM

Thanks for the news!
Where to report bugs?
I can log in, but the advanced view only shows a grey column on the left, nothing more...
A question: why keep a dead coin like opal???

Ideally bugs should go to tosch, the lead dev. In NxtForum, or SN slack, or Nxt slack... but you can send them to me as well and I will forward them. Including please OS and browser type. There's going to be surely some in this first 3.0 release, so reports will be most appreciated (although in our tests the advanced client button, which as you maybe know is full Nxt client with automatic login, did work in Linux/Win using chrome)

About Opal, yes, I agree it should be removed and it probably will be removed in the next minor release, but we need to give warning with enough time in advance since some users are still keeping OPAL in their multisig MGW wallets, and they should withdraw their superOPAL to external OPAL addresses. Doing multisig transactions manually is quite time intensive and can be complex, and that would have been required now if we had just removed OPAL with no previous notice.

So probably we'll post a warning soon, then people can withdraw their OPAL and then we'll disable it in the next minor release. This counts actually as pre-warning Smiley

Do I see that right, if I generate an address for a coin (other than nxt), there is no possibility to read the private key out of the app? Just directly from javascript?
And there is no possibility to use an own private key? And if I delete the cookies/local storage, all information is gone??
So isn't it very risky to transfer something on those accounts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VanBreuk

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:50:58 PM

Do I see that right, if I generate an address for a coin (other than nxt), there is no possibility to read the private key out of the app? Just directly from javascript?
And there is no possibility to use an own private key? And if I delete the cookies/local storage, all information is gone??

The tech behind the multiwallet is the Multigateway - http://multigateway.org/ (which needs some updates for this release, btw)

In short, this is distributed multisignature wallets. When you generate an address, a request is sent to the Multigateway servers, where a multisig address is generated and bound to the SuperNET/Nxt account that requested it. Those addresses are retrieved from the Lite client through a set of relay nodes, and although the address string is then stored in your local browser storage, the private keys are in the Multigateway servers.

Then when a deposit is made to the multisig address, the servers pick it up and deliver to the corresponding SuperNET/Nxt account the same amount of superCOIN tokens, which are backed up by coins deposited in the distributed multisig wallets.

So - Is there a possibility to use your own private key for, say BTCD? No. And if you wipe your machine clean, is all information gone? Nope. Your coin assets are on the Nxt blockchain, and the address is stored in the servers. Generating again a BTCD address from a new machine, for the same SuperNET/Nxt account, will return the same deposit address.

But the coin addresses are useful for deposits, not for monitoring your balance, because the balances in different multisig addresses change internally in the wallets as operations happen (change outputs in coin transactions). The amount of coins you have is the number of superCOIN assets in your account, not the balance in your deposit address. It is not the same as a traditional exchange where you have a deposit address, and then there's a hot/cold wallet account where everything flows to and from, because here there is multiple multisig addresses distributed in several servers. But the concept of "this is a deposit address, not your balance" also applies for non-Nxt coins in this lite wallet.

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:47:29 PM

The tech behind the multiwallet is the Multigateway - http://multigateway.org/ (which needs some updates for this release, btw)

In short, this is distributed multisignature wallets. When you generate an address, a request is sent to the Multigateway servers, where a multisig address is generated and bound to the SuperNET/Nxt account that requested it. Those addresses are retrieved from the Lite client through a set of relay nodes, and although the address string is then stored in your local browser storage, the private keys are in the Multigateway servers.

Then when a deposit is made to the multisig address, the servers pick it up and deliver to the corresponding SuperNET/Nxt account the same amount of superCOIN tokens, which are backed up by coins deposited in the distributed multisig wallets.

So - Is there a possibility to use your own private key for, say BTCD? No. And if you wipe your machine clean, is all information gone? Nope. Your coin assets are on the Nxt blockchain, and the address is stored in the servers. Generating again a BTCD address from a new machine, for the same SuperNET/Nxt account, will return the same deposit address.

But the coin addresses are useful for deposits, not for monitoring your balance, because the balances in different multisig addresses change internally in the wallets as operations happen (change outputs in coin transactions). The amount of coins you have is the number of superCOIN assets in your account, not the balance in your deposit address. It is not the same as a traditional exchange where you have a deposit address, and then there's a hot/cold wallet account where everything flows to and from, because here there is multiple multisig addresses distributed in several servers. But the concept of "this is a deposit address, not your balance" also applies for non-Nxt coins in this lite wallet.

aha, very interesting. Didn't read that yet. Probably I missed some documentation or isn't there any?
VanBreuk

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:12:36 PM

aha, very interesting. Didn't read that yet. Probably I missed some documentation or isn't there any?

There is one legacy (old) version of technical MGW documentation available in http://multigateway.org. Although the service has changed and become somewhat simplified (and much faster than the legacy MGW), the philosophy and principles are the same.

Multigateway is however one of the early techs developed by james, and now Iguana fits better the SuperNET roadmap. But MGW is still a nice boost for the Nxt AE decentralized trading and remains a useful tool for the community.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:22:59 PM

for true geeks it also works manually: you simply transfer the superBTCD asset to the multigateway account with a certain message accompanying it.

{redeem : <BTCaddress>, }

I did it a cpl of times and it works like a charm. If you don't screw up the message, that is. I also managed to screw up the message once, in which case it doesn't work.  Grin
But it was only a small amount fortunately, and the guy I sent those 0.08 BTC to was so nice to send them back to me!  Cheesy
VanBreuk

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:32:57 PM

{redeem : <BTCaddress>, }

Not that I want to encourage manual experimentation because the chances of messing up are there - bad message format, accidentally encrypted, wrong destination address, etc... but for proper geeking, the message would be {"withdrawaddr":"COIN_ADDRESS"}

But hey dude, there's a slick SuperNET Lite client out there, for both wanabe and true geeks as well Smiley
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:24:11 PM

SuperNET Weekly No. 6

CORE Media Token issued on the NXT blockchain
https://www.mynxt.info/asset/1584198250936051677

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:26:50 PM

https://twitter.com/TheDailyDecrypt/status/721056486005157889

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:07:41 PM

I'm a little confused~

Buying UNITY on Polo means I own SuperNET tokens correct?

Is there anything I should do with these tokens? The client on the supernet website is the wallet correct?

Also, SuperNET will pay out dividends for holding them but doesn't yet correct?

Is there a slack chat channel?

SN is combining all the blockchains and CC coins together but why are you guys working with coins that arent well known/used? Why not work with coins such as Dash, Ethereum, Factom ect...

What is and why use Boolberry, BTCD, Vericoin and other listed on the site - all coins that just don't make sense to work with.
xtrembash

Activity: 473

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:51:59 PM

You do not even know what you're talking about..
Go away with your dash (huge instamine & unfair distribution) & factom (a lot of Proof of blabla)..

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 09:00:17 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 10:19:22 PM by BadAss.Sx

Edit: Nevermind....
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:35:08 AM

What is the status of NXTventure asset? The asset description reads very similar to SuperNET ....

NXTventure makes private investments in promising enterprises and adds value to each investment by proactively integrating it into NXTservices to add a valuable new service for the NXTcommunity. NXTventure will pay monthly dividends in the assets it acquires, net of trading activities during the launch period. This means NXTventure asset will generate a stream of new assets as it launches them. contact jl777 if you are seeking investment

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
habraken

Activity: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:29:43 AM

Buying UNITY on Polo means I own SuperNET tokens correct?
Yes, or buy SuperNET on the NXT Asset Exchange, same thing.

Is there anything I should do with these tokens? The client on the supernet website is the wallet correct?
Get them off Polo and hodl. Yes.

Also, SuperNET will pay out dividends for holding them but doesn't yet correct?
Yes, https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/graphs-charts-and-infographics-by-audo/

Is there a slack chat channel?
http://slackinvite.supernet.org/ -> https://sprnt.slack.com/

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:20:51 PM

SuperNET Weekly No. 7

CORE Media Token issued on the NXT blockchain
https://www.mynxt.info/asset/1584198250936051677

Skalpell

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:24:02 AM

I'm a little confused~

(...)

SN is combining all the blockchains and CC coins together but why are you guys working with coins that arent well known/used? Why not work with coins such as (insert decent liquidity coin here) etc...

What is and why use Boolberry, BTCD, Vericoin and other listed on the site (...).

I have the same question here after reading a bit

Quote from: supernet.org/about.php
The criteria for cryptocurrencies to become part of the SuperNET CORE is based on their technical innovation and potential for use within the SuperNET platform, as well as those which have strong development teams, commercial utility and/or large and supportive communities.

Is there anyone kind enough to ELI5 or post a link with clear info answering the following questions

1.- What is going to be exactly the role played by, for instance, Vericoin in the Supernet, with an example of real world use

2.- How Supernet is going to get more users and help vericoin and the rest of low liquidity coins to have more liquidity?

3.- Who are the Supernet users? (crypto speculators, darknet market users, gamblers... ?)

4.- Why any Supernet user is going to use vericoin to transfer value (pay joints or gamble or speculate in the crypto market) instead of BTCD or Boolberry or BTC or NXT?

Thanks

PS An infographic in the SN website could help a lot, I would gladly aid with it : )
Skalpell

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:03:20 PM

I'm a little confused~

(...)

SN is combining all the blockchains and CC coins together but why are you guys working with coins that arent well known/used? Why not work with coins such as (insert decent liquidity coin here) etc...

What is and why use Boolberry, BTCD, Vericoin and other listed on the site (...).

The criteria for cryptocurrencies to become part of the SuperNET CORE is based on their technical innovation and potential for use within the SuperNET platform, as well as those which have strong development teams, commercial utility and/or large and supportive communities.

Is there anyone kind enough to ELI5 or post a link with clear info answering the following questions

1.- What is going to be exactly the role played by, for instance, Vericoin in the Supernet, with an example of real world use

2.- How Supernet is going to get more users and help vericoin and the rest of low liquidity coins to have more liquidity?

3.- Who are the Supernet users? (crypto speculators, darknet market users, gamblers... ?)

4.- Why any Supernet user is going to use vericoin to transfer value (pay joints or gamble or speculate in the crypto market) instead of BTCD or Boolberry or BTC or NXT?

Thanks

PS An infographic in the SN website could help a lot, I would gladly aid with it : )

*crickets*
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:53:16 PM

I'm a little confused~

(...)

Thanks

iguanacore works with BTC, which is a well known high liquidity coin

1. you can look at is as a way for VRC to tap into the other parts of supernet. it is up to VRC to create features that are in demand by other supernet users. VRC has fiat gateway, SMS and other thing which appeal to segments of the market different than other coins.

2. via atomic cross chain trading and liquidity providing tradebots, iguana integration

3. it will be the mass market users

4. again you are asking a coin-centric question, if someone has VRC then they would have easy access to the other parts of supernet.

The power of a network is based on the network effect, so even an aggregation of many smaller coins will create a larger base, but of course the larger the coins are, the larger they are.

Also, you need to remember that before SuperNET the concept that a coin should do more than just be a bitcoin clone, this was relatively rare. I am glad to see that now this has changed quite a bit and people are expecting more from all the coins. I dont know if SuperNET had any direct impact on that or if it was just a natural progression that SuperNET anticipated.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 03:32:52 AM

Nice graphics, very slick.  I like how the bottom still says "some text for example a disclaimer or credits or such" and "version prealpha 0.1."

Too bad everything in that glossy marketing brochure has been a giant failure.

"SuperNet is a next generation platform on which next generation assets may issue tokens for next generation platforms!"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:26:46 AM

Nice graphics, very slick.  I like how the bottom still says "some text for example a disclaimer or credits or such" and "version prealpha 0.1."

Too bad everything in that glossy marketing brochure has been a giant failure.

"SuperNet is a next generation platform on which next generation assets may issue tokens for next generation platforms!"

since ths IS in James signature, I don't link this here for you, but just for completeness sake:

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/uploads/3/8/1/3/38130279/supernet___nxt_annual_report_2015.pdf

so go and enjoy your ADHD elsewhere
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 06:45:42 AM

Nevermind him, Dash got listed on BTC-E and Monero not, he is a little bit grumpie these days. Words spread that they didn't got listed because of him lol.
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: