Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:53:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jasinlee - one of XC's "Team Members" is a master fraudster  (Read 10965 times)
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 01:01:24 AM

Man no wonder you guys ....

Anything you might have to say regarding XC can safely be ignored since it would be completely self serving.

Quote from: CryptoGretzky
+1 to this.  I am holding a LOT of this coin.  Not going to sell.   This is way better than those other crap coins that go through the roof.    When this dev gets through with it, I have a feeling it's going to be the best coin out of all of them.   Just hope I can accumulate more before that happens.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600706.msg6845023#msg6845023

And by the way.  I have no stake in all this (wasn't involved with the ASIC stuff, not involved with XC, not seriously involved with any specific "competitor"), just putting out facts.

Ya... again repeating the dumb as a rock comment.  You see my sig right and my recent posts...   Do I hide the fact that I am a XC advocate/investor?   You make it sound like you made a huge discovery or something....

In what way am I "dumb as a rock"?  Can't argue with XC's own document.  Seems as if you're the one that has problems due to your puppy dog blinders.

You might notice that the pdf is dated 8 July. It's out of date.

XC will make a statement tomorrow regarding Jasinlee's prior position and role in XC, and his current relation to XC.

In the time preceding that, you may say what you want to.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:05:38 AM

Anything you might have to say regarding XC can safely be ignored since it would be completely self serving.

+1 to this.  I am holding a LOT of this coin.  Not going to sell.   This is way better than those other crap coins that go through the roof.    When this dev gets through with it, I have a feeling it's going to be the best coin out of all of them.   Just hope I can accumulate more before that happens.

And by the way.  I have no stake in all this (wasn't involved with the ASIC stuff, not involved with XC, not seriously involved with any specific "competitor"), just putting out facts.

Ya... again repeating the dumb as a rock comment.  You see my sig right and my recent posts...   Do I hide the fact that I am a XC advocate/investor?   You make it sound like you made a huge discovery or something....

In what way am I "dumb as a rock"?  Can't argue with XC's own document.  Seems as if you're the one that has problems due to your puppy dog blinders.

XC will make a statement tomorrow regarding Jasinlee's prior position and role in XC, and his current relation to XC.

Oh my lord. You're FINALLY going do what you should have done in your very first post in this thread instead of letting your obvious friendship with Jasin prevent you from doing your job.  For someone who likes to present himself as superiorly intelligent it sure took you long enough to figure out how to do your job.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
rdnkjdi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:17:50 AM

While I am sure the statement won't be directed towards convincing me.  XC has lost all credibility in my eyes by first attempting to discredit me with name calling, ignoring my evidence and proof by saying I had none, denying it was their problem in any way, the lastly denying Jasin ever had any development involvement (lead dev dan said this)

Say whatever you want.  I'll include it in the OP if you'd like.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:20:13 AM

This is why i never pre order anything.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:27:25 AM

Whoa there!!!!

Can someone please link me to the "proof" that Jasin' been naughty? I find it hard to believe.

And I can tell you without a single shred of doubt that the Cachecoin dev is not in anyway linked with any shady shit.

Very naughty ; )

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702.0
No proof there, tho.
But some things do look.. u know.. weird ; )

Fib ASIC marketing was nice - aim at forum members, LTC defense blah-blah, 'trusted' distribution.
Most of concerns raised were flagged as 'trolling'/'FUD'/'shill attacks' and sometimes post deleted.
Also - 'we are not forcing you to buy our Fib ASIC' type answer was used frequently to answer some of the concerns ; )

Litecointalk forum moderators were made involved by making some of them 'trusted hosts'. And ofc it is very hard to separate your private interest from public forum moderation. This resulted in biased(imo) mods actions in Fib ASIC threads and other ASIC manufacturers threads. As in - in Fib thread mods were making warning and deleting(?) 'concerns' as fud/trolling and posting similar 'concerns' in other threads by themselves ; ) To confirm read all posts of mods in all AISC threads.. (yeah it's very annoying, but funny).

CACHE.. Jasin started accepting CacheCoin as a payment for Fib ASIC at a fixed price, higher than on the exchanges. Some members on bitcointalk and litecointalk had "ASIC coin" in their signatures. CacheCoin exchange rate went up. If I'm not mistaken litecontalk moderator Sy had huge ammount of Cache(mined?) so he bought a lot of Fib ASICs. After Fib stopped accepting Cache exchange rate plummeted down.
Some ppl claim that this was an intentional pump&dump of Cache and that the developer of Cache was involved. Cache dev(kalgecin) and jasin apparently were working together(?) on some Cache features and jasin occasinally made claims that he is very interested in Cache(and XC) and has some plans for it.
At the time, the proof from jasin that is was not pump&dump I've read was that he has not sold any Cache received for the ASICs. However to gain profit from this possible p&d you don't necessarily need to sell aquired Cache, you just need to make enough profit on Cache rate fluctuation you knew in advance and number of ASICs you can buy with Cache was intentionally limited. Also there were some allegations(with proof) that jasin wife sold some Cache prior the pump.

Also Fib ASICs were not sold as actual asics instead they were sold as hardware shares also Fib profit shares were sold.
Exchange was promised for those to be implemented. It was never completed cause.. jasin said dev run away. There is also no proof that it ever was developed. Also defense line - 'we make ASICs no websites' was used to 'calm down' ppl concerned that Fib site is buggy and exchange is not completed yet ; ) And ofc that ppl are trolling and are shills of the competitors and that they are not developers and don't understand how much effort it takes to make and test a web site ; )

What's funny is that long before Fib began sales there was a talk that practice of giving money to 'trusted' ppl should be stopped. mmitech(litecointalk) argued that there are enough cases when 'trusted' ppl collected vast ammounts of BTC and dissapeared after. At the time Jasin said that comparison is wrong, cause he have not collected any money yet ; ) Well.. now he has ; )

After 'fud' of corrupted litecointalk mods, admins and LiteCoin association spread, TheMage(litecointalk mod) organised a meeting with Jasin where some 'trusted' ppl representing investors were allowed to ask Jasin some questions. Some of the info was not made public, cause Jasin said it is a part of NDA between him and ASIC chip designers. However, total ammount of planned ASIC chips was made public - ppl counted their orders and realised that planned ammount is much(?) less.
Also coversation revealed the fact that Fib is still on ASIC prototyping/simulation stage. This is odd cause when KNC announced their scrypt ASIC, Fib raised  performance, claiming that they have been designing ASIC for years and that at first they revealed well below performance number not to spook competitors. Again concerns were either marked as trolling/fud and partially answered with 'we have genious salsa dev'.
Also Jasin claimed that ASIC design company(or fab?!) is not aware that they are designing ASIC to be used for litecoin mining and that it was deliberately made secret, because they hate everything about the cryptos and won't do the job if they knew.

Hi lbr! And everyone else here Wink.

I just want to make sure that everyone knows, my involvement was purely to set up the investors meeting as a non-biased organizer in order to help the community get some answers. rdnkjdi can you update your OP to reflect that? Thank you Smiley

I will say this (and yes I know this will make it back to the fib thread haha). It would be nicer if Jasin were to post updates more frequently.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:46:22 AM

The best i can figure out is that although Jasin appeared to be listed as a developer, he was a developer of Cache coin not XC. Though this could have been clearer.
Jasin was a "consultant". https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg7451279#msg7451279
Quote from: Teka
In the most simple terms we are a collaborating with Cache (hence why jAsin is a consultant) on cool new tech. Coins remain different.

Two coins are needed for POBC and so I assume Jasin was the dev for Cache and Dan the dev for XC.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg7451922#msg7451922
Quote from: Jasinlee
You are misunderstanding that they need to be separate to make PoBC function. This will change the way coims are used from being a niche to giving everyone access to crypto. This is about adoption, if you cannot see the benefits of mass adoption then why do we bother with any coins?

Anyway I hope the announcement tomorrow makes it all clear.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 08:26:49 AM

Oh my lord. You're FINALLY going do what you should have done in your very first post in this thread instead of letting your obvious friendship with Jasin prevent you from doing your job.  For someone who likes to present himself as superiorly intelligent it sure took you long enough to figure out how to do your job.

I have never met Jasin in person.

XC has made three statements on Jasinlee prior to this, but since people continue to wilfully ignore what we say, we'll make another one.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:59:19 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 11:25:58 AM by adhitthana

XC has made three statements on Jasinlee prior to this, but since people continue to wilfully ignore what we say, we'll make another one.
I'm baffled why you didn't link to those statements.  Huh
Show me these statements rather than accusing me of ignoring them.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:49:30 AM

i like these kind of threads usually....

However, on this occasion it seems the XC side of it is being played up a little too much.

Yes if Jasin lee is a known and confirmed scammer he needs to be cut from any association with XC immediately.

This thread should be dedicated to Jasin lee directly. I think trying to leverage using XC is in poor taste.

Why not just have a huge debate here on the facts that demostrate jasin lee is a scammer?? 

Yes XC needs to distance themselves at once no excuses or bullshit. If he was prove innocent then he can return i guess to helping with XC.

XC spokesmen need to just own up... did you say he was part of the team before? was he part of the team? did he have access to xc source code? can he port this to cache coin?

Yeah perhaps you have made an error of judgement with jasin lee, own up , move on. 

If he is a scammer then just keep creating threads here highlighting the facts until everyone knows about it. 

Is jasin lee a 100% proven scammer? or is he unethical? i mean surely it is better to have a thread dedicated to establishing this first before we blacken by association other communities and developers.

Is it 100% established fact he is a scammer?

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:31:39 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 07:58:53 PM by Spoetnik

In what way am I "dumb as a rock"?  Can't argue with XC's own document.  Seems as if you're the one that has problems due to your puppy dog blinders.

Oh my lord. You're FINALLY going do what you should have done in your very first post in this thread instead of letting your obvious friendship with Jasin prevent you from doing your job.  For someone who likes to present himself as superiorly intelligent it sure took you long enough to figure out how to do your job.

friends or same guy with another account etc ?
there is like 350,000 accounts on this forum alone guys..

don't worry he is going to consult with "The Foundation"  Roll Eyes

hey, piece of advice next time twatlets high on faggotry..

FUD first & ask questions later™
rdnkjdi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:04:57 PM

If butterfly labs changed their website to a marketing site of xc.  And refused to talk about anything related to delivering ASICS.  How long until it would be considered a scam?  People couldn't even tell they were doing ASICS anymore and they quit posting?  A month?  Three months?

What if they had sold you the ASICS at a 30% discount for a coin that was now worth 1% of what you paid for it?  And they had SOLD the coin to you while they were pumping/offering the discounts that were no longer listed on there website?  And now they were offering refunds?

What's the burden of proof for "prooven scam"?  Someone please tell me.

xdmlaser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:32:35 AM

This post is known as an ad hominen argument. Google it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+ad+hominen%3F
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:29:50 PM

i like these kind of threads usually....

However, on this occasion it seems the XC side of it is being played up a little too much.

Yes if Jasin lee is a known and confirmed scammer he needs to be cut from any association with XC immediately.

This thread should be dedicated to Jasin lee directly. I think trying to leverage using XC is in poor taste.

Why not just have a huge debate here on the facts that demostrate jasin lee is a scammer??  

Yes XC needs to distance themselves at once no excuses or bullshit. If he was prove innocent then he can return i guess to helping with XC.

XC spokesmen need to just own up... did you say he was part of the team before? was he part of the team? did he have access to xc source code? can he port this to cache coin?

Yeah perhaps you have made an error of judgement with jasin lee, own up , move on.  

If he is a scammer then just keep creating threads here highlighting the facts until everyone knows about it.  

Is jasin lee a 100% proven scammer? or is he unethical? i mean surely it is better to have a thread dedicated to establishing this first before we blacken by association other communities and developers.

+101

Agree with this view.

I nearly purchased some shares in the Fib ASIC thing, and was also going to buy a few Epsilons or whatever they were called.

The move to accept CACHE caught me by surprise. I knew he had tried to buy some OTC from some early posts on the cachecoin thread (everyone was trying to get in on the privacy thing once Darkcoin's price started to go up), so as I was considering the purchase of shares I smelled something fishy and walked away. It did look like a way to push the cache price up.

I am surprised to see that the fib site, which took a lot of effort and many were waiting in anticipation for sales to go live on it, is not showing anything to do with ASICs. However, he may have moved that somewhere else. If he did, he should have emailed everyone. Anyone got any emails?

The ASICs company was set-up in some remote island somewhere off the coast of Africa. That didn't sound right either.

I have no idea if any of the accusations are true or false.  Posting to mainly to watch events unfold.
rdnkjdi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:39:37 PM

I am surprised to see that the fib site, which took a lot of effort and many were waiting in anticipation for sales to go live on it, is not showing anything to do with ASICs. However, he may have moved that somewhere else. If he did, he should have emailed everyone. Anyone got any emails?

He committed to having the ASIC purchase login area up over two weeks ago.  Any mention of ASICs have been removed for three or four weeks now I believe.

He took all statements regarding ASICs down.   He also never sent emails to purchasers for receipts - so any proof that we actually purchased ASICs from Jasin are personal screenshots.
rdnkjdi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:50:48 PM

Follwoing is XC's official statement related to Jasinlee.  They posted it on their chat thread and gave anyone 1 hour to ask questions.

Hello all

We would like to state the nature of XC's relation to Jasinlee.

Jasinlee is not an official member of the XC Team, as has been reflected on our website for some time.

Jasinlee chose to remove himself from the XC Team out of concern for the effect that ongoing misperceptions about his troubled ASIC project might have on XC.

As such, XC is entirely independent of Jasinlee’s various projects, and clients of the Fibonacci ASIC project have no basis for associating its outcome with XC in any way.

We consider this matter resolved. Now concerning a separate matter, that of public perceptions of Jasinlee’s character and actions, at no point has the XC Team had reason to lose faith in Jasinlee’s integrity of character or doubt his intentions, whether toward XC or toward Fibonacci. Furthermore Jasinlee is entirely confident that a resolution will be reached. As such we have confidence that Jasin will resolve the outstanding issues with the Fibonacci ASIC project. Furthermore we believe that current arguments to the contrary are poorly substantiated and largely speculative, and therefore lack sufficient warrant. Given their severity, these allegations are thus of a highly unethical nature.

Finally, regarding Jasinlee’s past role at XC, he is a thought-leader, and we are grateful for his insightful and energising contribution and presence. However Jasinlee did not make any contributions to XC’s code and has not had access to it. Thus he has not been a developer for XC.

In other news - it looks like Jasin paid their way for bitcoin on the beltway which co-incided with the ASIC orders.  So if Jasin is out of money for refunds at this point - it's likely he is financially linked to the company in using ASIC orders to promote the coin.

I'm not sure why he was listed as a dev on their website for months with the lead dev saying "He was never a developer. "

I think everyone has enough info to draw their own conclusions (if they want to take the time to read this obscenely long thread)
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 02:57:51 PM

I'm not sure why he was listed as a dev on their website for months with the lead dev saying "He was never a developer. "

Jasinlee was listed as a dev on XC's website because he is a developer.

Jasinlee did not, however, write any code for XC or have access to XC's code. Thus he was never an XC developer.
Jasinlee only developed his own technologies, which could've potentially been used in XC in the longer-term future.

I've already said this more than three times while you were online.
Are you wilfully ignoring it so that you still have some FUD to spread about XC?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
rdnkjdi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:01:24 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 03:18:54 PM by rdnkjdi

Jasinlee was listed as a dev on XC's website because he is a developer.

Jasinlee did not, however, write any code for XC or have access to XC's code. Thus he was never an XC developer.
Jasinlee only developed his own technologies, which could've potentially been used in XC in the longer-term future.

Are you wilfully ignoring it so that you still have some FUD to spread about XC?

Thank you for your clarification.  Most companies don't list people as developers on their project who are not developers on their project.

Apologies for my misunderstanding.

No - I've been as honest as I can possibly be in this thread.  He was listed as an XC dev for months on your website.  Now you say he was never a developer on any of your technologies.  As I said - most people only list people as "Developers" on their project if they are developers.

You guys seem to be a unique approach though.  Proven fraud (using the Cache pump example I've listed) you seem to prefer attacking the messengers who've lost thousands of dollars.

The statements coming out of the XC camp seem to be more thrashing about for the best possible PR move.  I've heard he is a developer / isn't a developer / was never a developer / might be coming on full time all from the XC camp.  I believe some of those quotes are listed in my OP.

It was what I was told by your people that spurned me to make this thread (I'd assumed taken off the website = taken off the project until you guys confirmed he was still on the project in your chat thread)

I noticed you guys took off "ASIC Development Project" from his qualifications (or maybe he did) before removing him completely from the website Roll Eyes

I do appreciate the "official statement".  Might want to make sure everybody is on board repeating the same thing.  
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:38:05 PM

rdnkjdi...   I think at this point, you are just a pure fudder.   You have had your 15 mins.  Now go back to your troll cave.    You have zero credibility left.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:46:19 PM

rdnkjdi...   I think at this point, you are just a pure fudder.   You have had your 15 mins.  Now go back to your troll cave.    You have zero credibility left.

Actually, provided he stops posting about XC, I'd be interested to hear some counter views from or with regards to JL.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:55:32 PM

Actually, provided he stops posting about XC, I'd be interested to hear some counter views from or with regards to JL.

If he make a new thread to just discuss about JL, it will actually help his case.   Right now, his fud on XC really is a disservice to his case against JL.   His post title is just pure misleading fud which really makes most of what he has to say not trustworthy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: