Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:23:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220954 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:59:27 PM

The Hadeeth are also Islamic books, not only the Quran. They set the example of the prophet. But you can find calls to violence at all of them.
About the Old Testament, no doubt, it's full of violence. But you have the New prevailing over that. And still the OT is common to Islam, Judaism and Christianity. None obviously talks about the Crusades, but Islam already talks about the Mujahedeen. It's the only one of the religions of the God of the desert with a set of holy warrioirs built-in.

Beat me to it.  The New Testament is widely understood by Christians to take precedence over the Old Testament.

As BECemporium notes, Christianity is a renouncing of the methods of violence of the Old Testament, while Islam is an aggrandizement of that violence.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:04:56 PM

The Hadeeth are also Islamic books, not only the Quran. They set the example of the prophet. But you can find calls to violence at all of them.
About the Old Testament, no doubt, it's full of violence. But you have the New prevailing over that. And still the OT is common to Islam, Judaism and Christianity. None obviously talks about the Crusades, but Islam already talks about the Mujahedeen. It's the only one of the religions of the God of the desert with a set of holy warrioirs built-in.

Beat me to it.  The New Testament is widely understood by Christians to take precedence over the Old Testament.

As BECemporium notes, Christianity is a renouncing of the methods of violence of the Old Testament, while Islam is an aggrandizement of that violence.

roflol another one that didn't read the bible! xD
Really, read it. Even in the New Testament you have incitement to/justification of torture, murder, slavery, murder of the children of sinners, etc, etc. And if you go on to Revelations, even war, oppression of entire nations and genocide. : /

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:33:54 PM

No it doesn't... you are referring to this entry:

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

It appears the NT is there to not contradict the OT. The problem is: it does. In fact religions are filled up with contradictions, and the ones of the God of the Desert are an insult to any rational being on such grounds.
Adding injury to sorrow, the way the gospels were chosen... nobody could tell in I Century a.C. what will be or not in the OT or the NT.
The book of Revelations, or the Apocalypse, doesn't give any guidance or command of any sort, it's a sort of acid trip, describes a set of hallucinations where John describes how the end of the World will be.

I'm an Atheist btw.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:33:17 PM

Muslims have gotten a bad name especially since 9/11  It's only the minority and not necessarily true for everyone. But think about it, their will always be the crazy radicals in any group of people
mr.coinstrader

Activity: 278

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:40:12 PM

Islamic states still execute homosexuals, stone women for adultery, treat a woman as an adulterer if she is not a virgin when wed, execute people for apostasy, have honor killings, female genital mutilation, ban women from driving, ban women from schooling.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:54:22 PM

Islamic states still execute homosexuals, stone women for adultery, treat a woman as an adulterer if she is not a virgin when wed, execute people for apostasy, have honor killings, female genital mutilation, ban women from driving, ban women from schooling.

Didn't you READ what the prior poster said?

Muslims have gotten a bad name especially since 9/11  It's only the minority and not necessarily true for everyone. But think about it, their will always be the crazy radicals in any group of people

The difference between the above 2 points of view is vast.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:57:19 PM

I am here to just say one thing? Why do YOU hate islam? and you should really give a valid reason not a shitty one that says 'Because media'
and Yes, I am a muslim for those who ask, just tell me, come out of your shell and say why you HATE it, and I could be here to clarify things to you.
Also here is something that most people mistake about islam is that "Islam hates other religions" for this I say, Islam does not hate ANY religion, but it suggests to 'invite' them to islam, as slowly, and peacefully, even if they refuse, you can try and try, until it's their choice, you stop. and for all the wars that happened, it's because the other religions decided to come into war on Islam.

If you need anything clarified, I am here to answer you, don't be scared, I won't be offended by anyone, also haters, you can reply, I won't care Wink

Hmm.

Interesting question, to be sure. I'm chiming in because I'm interested, not because I hate Islam. I do. But I hate all other religious organizations too, so it's not so specific.

The "why" is that they are demonstrably false. There are certain tenets of all religions, such as do not murder, rape, steal or commit fraud, respect the rights and boundaries of your neighbor, things of that nature, that are of value. Of course these are the basis of all civil society, not merely religion, and they work. Religion and other non factual philosophies then add a lot of whys and wherefores and just plain bullshit on top of that stuff. Which has the effect of DECONSTRUCTING civil society, except for those who agree with you. In it's extreme ends, this leads to a lot of pointless violence. That's not aimed specifically at Islam, though your radicals do seem to want to catch up to Christianity's body count.

I do indeed hate that these religions, once mainstream, are given weight in public opinion and law equal or greater than that which can be proven. What you believe and practice personally, so long as it harms no one who didn't volunteer, doesn't concern me greatly. As with many factors in society, it does interest me. But I don't see personal beliefs as any sort of threat or my business. Only when organized and out for blood.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:11:10 PM

Didn't you READ what the prior poster said?

The difference between the above 2 points of view is vast.

Those two POVs says more about who says them then the subject.
The 1st version is of people who cares about society and freedom, the 2nd one (using your post order) is just saying like: I don't quite give a F for what they do within themselves as long as it doesn't affect me on any way.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:44:58 AM

That's not what Islam says. What kind of religion would condone violence?

If you follow that kind of logic, what would you consider the Crusades?

Did you ever read the Islamic books? So go read them before you say something like that.

Where in the Bible do you find the Crusades?! You are mistaken practice and doctrine. Christian practice may be violent, even if its doctrine ain't. Islam however is both, violent in doctrine and practice.

And to the note, many other religions condone and endorse violence. Islam is only the most reckless on doing it.

Islamic books as in plural? There is one. The Qur'an and yes I've read many passages.

Why would the bible have a passage about the Crusades? That doesn't make any sense.

Can you give examples of these passages that condone violence?

Crusades:

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.  He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.  "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."  (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Other verses that not only condone, but encourage violent behavior

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live.  (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.  (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.  (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.  (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord."  When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.  (Deuteronomy  22:20-21 NAB)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.  Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.  You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.  And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.  (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

and about eighty thousand more

Quite the legalistic exact little shit when it suits you  Cheesy

Funny how every single bitch that likes to be 'flexible' and 'understanding' and 'tolerant' of 'context' think religion is supposed to be interpreted as it would best suit them to attack it.

The fact is, human nature demands many things and religious texts from various eras ask for many responsibilities. There is only one religion today and indeed within the last one hundred years that 'silent' majority has cheered behind 'minority' of 'extermists'.

If you want to quote the bible, then you should know this line and a paraphrase: 'you shall judge the tree by fruits it bear'

One tree today is fucking rotten, and kids like you love to suckle on it because it gives you an excuse to get mouthy. That is islam.

I tend to judge people by their actions, not by their words. Their excuses are laughably transparent, their 'reason' the same as overly defensive 15 year old. What's more amusing is that they believe they are fooling anyone.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:34:46 PM

That's not what Islam says. What kind of religion would condone violence?

If you follow that kind of logic, what would you consider the Crusades?

Did you ever read the Islamic books? So go read them before you say something like that.

Where in the Bible do you find the Crusades?! You are mistaken practice and doctrine. Christian practice may be violent, even if its doctrine ain't. Islam however is both, violent in doctrine and practice.

And to the note, many other religions condone and endorse violence. Islam is only the most reckless on doing it.

Islamic books as in plural? There is one. The Qur'an and yes I've read many passages.

Why would the bible have a passage about the Crusades? That doesn't make any sense.

Can you give examples of these passages that condone violence?

Crusades:

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.  He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.  "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."  (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Other verses that not only condone, but encourage violent behavior

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live.  (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.  (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.  (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.  (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord."  When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.  (Deuteronomy  22:20-21 NAB)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.  Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.  You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.  And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.  (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

and about eighty thousand more

Quite the legalistic exact little shit when it suits you  Cheesy

Funny how every single bitch that likes to be 'flexible' and 'understanding' and 'tolerant' of 'context' think religion is supposed to be interpreted as it would best suit them to attack it.

The fact is, human nature demands many things and religious texts from various eras ask for many responsibilities. There is only one religion today and indeed within the last one hundred years that 'silent' majority has cheered behind 'minority' of 'extermists'.

If you want to quote the bible, then you should know this line and a paraphrase: 'you shall judge the tree by fruits it bear'

One tree today is fucking rotten, and kids like you love to suckle on it because it gives you an excuse to get mouthy. That is islam.

I tend to judge people by their actions, not by their words. Their excuses are laughably transparent, their 'reason' the same as overly defensive 15 year old. What's more amusing is that they believe they are fooling anyone.

Christians refer to the Bible as credible historical documentation of events, so all those barbaric acts committed under the name of God quoted were actually done by Christians, and let's not forget the Crusades, the Inquisitions.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:08:54 PM

Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

|

|
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:27:48 PM

Someone above said to judge a tree by it's fruits. This is one of my favorite religious quotes, to be honest, because there is not one religion I can think of that is not immediately damned by it.

As for Christianity condoning violence or even encouraging it while speaking of peaceable intentions out the other side of it's mouth, it's a matter of historical record. That assertion is beyond legitimate dispute. As I said in my first post in this thread, it seems that Islam's radicals are ashamed of their low body count in comparison to their greatest rival. I think they should give it up. The Christians, by name and not including the religion they derived from, have a 700 year head start. That's a lot of graves. And in places like central Africa, they're still doing it. Sorry, but Allah's followers started their wars too late to catch up with Jehovah's.

God save me from your followers.
blablaace

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:37:36 PM

They don't understand is that all three religions (Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) are all members of the same family of Religions, the Abrahamic Religions. Christianity branched off Judaism, then Islam split off Christianity and then split into Shiite and Sunni Islam. To add to the misunderstanding are these constant views and images that media is spewing all over. So whenever they speak of terrorism they make sure it follows an image of a woman wearing a hijab, or crazy extremists shouting death to America.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:56:00 AM

I've been to Muslim countries like Bosnia and Malaysia and it was good enjoyable experience.

No comment on the whole Middle East thing but I'm not sure if that's actually religion - I would be angry all the time if I had sand in my orifices, it is blithering hot and all the babes are covered under blankets and you can't get a cold beer anywhere if your life depended on it!

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:18:15 AM

I'd also been to majority muslim countries and wasn't harrassed or anything like it. But there's a huge difference between "been to" and "live at". Makes me sad to know some people is being forced to live at the VII century just because some schizophrenic decided to made up he was talking to God back then.

|

|
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:47:28 AM

Still, Islam is one of the biggest "WTF!" moments in History!
To sum it up it goes around one illiterate guy - who never knew how to read btw - claiming to be talking to an angel and instead of a natural reaction like "Are you stupid or on drugs?" you get a Monty Python sketch of "No way! For real? You talk to God? How cool!"

...and we are looking for intelligent life at other planets when it seams we haven't even found it here yet!...

PS: I know Christ, son of God and so on. But Christ most likely is just a legend, there's no evidence he ever existed, so it is not a moment in History.

|

|
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:48:32 AM

I am a Muslim, I've heard of some non-Muslims why they hate Islam, they actually do not hate, but they are afraid of Islam, they are afraid if Islamic laws applied in their lives, then they will be in danger, when in fact the Islamic laws , when applied in their lives, their lives will be more secure and prosperous, if we take the example of a social life in saudi arabia which apply Islamic law, the crime rate there is much decreased dbandingkan with countries that do not implement Islamic law.
hopefully Islamic law would be the applicable law in the world ...  Tongue

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 06:24:25 AM

I am here to just say one thing? Why do YOU hate islam? and you should really give a valid reason not a shitty one that says 'Because media'
and Yes, I am a muslim for those who ask, just tell me, come out of your shell and say why you HATE it, and I could be here to clarify things to you.
Also here is something that most people mistake about islam is that "Islam hates other religions" for this I say, Islam does not hate ANY religion, but it suggests to 'invite' them to islam, as slowly, and peacefully, even if they refuse, you can try and try, until it's their choice, you stop. and for all the wars that happened, it's because the other religions decided to come into war on Islam.

If you need anything clarified, I am here to answer you, don't be scared, I won't be offended by anyone, also haters, you can reply, I won't care Wink

Why do YOU hate Islam?

I don't hate Islam. I do, however, wonder why more people who practice the faith aren't speaking out (loudly) against the war that is engaged in the name of Islam.

awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:52:29 PM

Still, Islam is one of the biggest "WTF!" moments in History!
To sum it up it goes around one illiterate guy - who never knew how to read btw - claiming to be talking to an angel and instead of a natural reaction like "Are you stupid or on drugs?" you get a Monty Python sketch of "No way! For real? You talk to God? How cool!"

...and we are looking for intelligent life at other planets when it seams we haven't even found it here yet!...

PS: I know Christ, son of God and so on. But Christ most likely is just a legend, there's no evidence he ever existed, so it is not a moment in History.

All religious stories were like Mohammed's, so I don't know why you claim that it was only a "WTF moment" when Islam did it

Account recovered 08-12-2019
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:02:12 PM

@DhaniBoy

Then why aren't Muslims more secure and prosperous? Because you guys are neither!

the crime rate there is much decreased

No, my friend, Islam has no low crime rate, it has LEGAL crime. Many things Sharia allows you to do, like pedophilia, would send you directly to jail everywhere else in the planet.

@awesome31312

History and Legends are different subjects. Unlike most religions where someone claims someone else was talking to God, Muhammad is the only one who was bold enough to say "I'm talking to God".

|

|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: